/* */

PDA

View Full Version : moroccan dialect-

Halima
10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Salaam to all,

I noticed the difference in Egyptian language they pronounce the "J" sound to a "gah" sound. For example- "Jameela"--they say "gameela" Why is that?

Wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Salaam to all,

I noticed the difference in Egyptian language they pronounce the "J" sound to a "gah" sound. For example- "Jameela"--they say "gameela" Why is that?

Wasalaam

:sl:
Yes indeed there is a difference. I speak the quranic Arabic and ppl luk @ me and think Im weird as it doesnt consist of ANY sland AT ALL.Its cool, cuz it makes me feel posh!lol.

The thing is sis, thats just Arabic....there are different dilects for the different parts of Arabia and stuff!

;)

p.s: if u ever learn Arabic, laern the Quarnic saudi Arabic.Its beta for you!

Zuko
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I love egyptian arabic...

izzayik! Ok anyway, arabic in every arab country is different... Like Americans speak English waaaay differently than Europeans... I don't know how else to say it, but each country has its own dialect...

Far7an
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum

This is known as Fusha.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
10-14-2005, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

This is known as Fusha.

JazakAllah brother. :coolsis:

Allah ma3ak

M Ilyas
10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Its not only the Egyptians that use the "g" instead of "j" but also the Yemenis

Ra`eesah
11-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

some parts of yemen say "ga" not all

Jurhumite Solja
11-04-2005, 07:15 AM
^ yep. mostly south yemenis. No matter the variations of dialects, it seems most the vocabulary are exteremly similar throughout the Arab world.

11-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Salaam to all,

Wasalaam
salaam
but why the title of this thread is moroccan dialect..morocco is not egyt sister..very far away;)
and yea people who learn arabic should learn yhe classical one...thats better:)

M Ilyas
11-04-2005, 10:42 PM
I personally love the Iraqi Arabic although I still love the arabic thats spoken in countries referred to as bilaad-ushaam

Halima
11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Mashallah, Arabic is a pretty language..not just because I'm arab, it's because it has a variety of poetic verses that are so beautiful. Just last week I was trying to teach my teacher to say assalaam aliakum and mashallah he said it soo beautifully.

wafa islam
02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Asalaamu alaykum

The egyptians say gameela instead of jameela because it is their dialect.
This is a lahja, dialect. I am not arabic but I understand a little bit arabic, but I have some difficulties to understand the masri , egyptian dialect.

Wa salaam u alaykum

Skillganon
02-02-2007, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

:w:

I know it has been more than a year, but where do you go and learn the Quranic Saudi Arabic?

north_malaysian
04-30-2007, 08:51 AM
I love the Lebanese "jim"... it sounds so "French"

mohammed essa
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wafa islam
Asalaamu alaykum

The egyptians say gameela instead of jameela because it is their dialect.
This is a lahja, dialect. I am not arabic but I understand a little bit arabic, but I have some difficulties to understand the masri , egyptian dialect.

Wa salaam u alaykum
salam alikom

ya u r right The egyptians say gameela instead of jameela because it is their dialect
so they say lahga instead of lahja

salam

mohammed essa
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
by the way i am egyptian and i can help you if confused

salam

back_to_faith
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Salaam to all,

Wasalaam
Salamoalikom

You think that in Egyptian language they pronounce the "J" sound to a "gah" sound.

and I tell you that is not completely true!!!

actually the "J" sound in "Jameela"- is used by millions in Egypt outside the capital (Cairo) , it is a common sound in the areas of agriculture in Egypt and in south of Egypt too....

another fact is that in a big area of south of Egypt they use the sound (D) instead of (G) or (J)
for example:
they say (Dameel) instead of (Jameel) !!!!

in sum If we talk about which sound is accurate it would be (J) not (G) ,as there is no sound (G) in the Quran....it is always (J) and to be more accurate it is pronuonced (dj) like

جَاءهُم
(Djaahom)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.