/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adoption and the reward for looking after orphans

Zuko
10-13-2005, 09:08 PM
:sl:

What is the ruling of adoption in Islam? Is one allowed to raise a child like its own, but not give the child his/her name?

I don't know if this question has been asked before, and I apologize if it was...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
10-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Question: I would like to know if adoption is lawful or unlawful in Islam.

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

Adoption of children for the purpose of bringing them up and caring for them is permissible. It is in fact a good deed to adopt and bring up children in need, like orphans and foundlings. There is great reward in doing so.

At the same time, it is unlawful to attribute the child to the man who is bringing him up. Allah says: “Call them by the names of their fathers; that is more just with Allah. But if you know not their father’s names, (then they are) your brothers in faith, or your wards.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 5]

It is lawful to bring up children in any house, but they must always be attributed to their true fathers. The child will carry his real father's name. Likewise, the child will not inherit from his guardian who adopted him and the child may even marry from his adoptive “father’s” children.
http://islamtoday.net/english/show_d...&main_cat_id=3

Zuko
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM

Jazakallah Khair for the article!

sonz
12-18-2005, 04:51 PM
salama

i want to know how islam views adoption. the only thing i know is that they cant have your name as their surname.

masalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Ruling on Adoption

Adoption of children for the purpose of bringing them up and caring for them is permissible. It is in fact a good deed to adopt and bring up children in need, like orphans and foundlings. There is great reward in doing so.

At the same time, it is unlawful to attribute the child to the man who is bringing him up. Allah says: “Call them by the names of their fathers; that is more just with Allah. But if you know not their father’s names, (then they are) your brothers in faith, or your wards.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 5]

It is lawful to bring up children in any house, but they must always be attributed to their true fathers. The child will carry his real father's name. Likewise, the child will not inherit from his guardian who adopted him and the child may even marry from his adoptive “father’s” children.

A Muslim may not attribute his adopted children to himself. Allah says: “Call them by the names of their fathers.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 5].

You have to openly declare her father’s real name. If you do not do so, then there is a strong possibility that problems will arise later on.

You have to mention her real name to avoid any the possibility of confusion with regards to her kinship. Such confusion exposes her to the danger of marrying one of her close relatives unknowingly.

You must also mention her real name to avoid the possibility that she should ever be construed as one of your inheritors or that she should ever mix freely as a mahram with your uncles and your sons while she is not.

These are legitimate precautions that you should be aware of.

May Allah guides us all.

Rescource: www.islamtoday.com

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask insha'Allah.

Al-Zaara
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
:salamext:

"And they feed, for the love of Allah, the poor, the orphan, and the captive..."
[Soorah al-Insaan, 8]

When a little girl cries halfway around the world, are her tears any less real?

Would you like to be like a mujaahid or like those who spend their days fasting and their nights praying?

"One who cares for widows and the poor is like those who fight in the way of Allah or those who spend their days fasting and their nights praying." [Agreed upon, also in Adab al-Mufrad of Imaam Al-Bukhari in chapter "The Virtue of Those Who Care for Orphans"]

Would you like your heart to soften and Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala to answer your prayers?

A man once came to the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, and complained that he feels hardness in his heart. The Messenger of Allah said, what translated means, "Would you like that your heart becomes soft and that you acquire what you need? Be merciful with the orphan, pat his head and feed him from what you eat. This will soften your heart, and enable you to get what you need." [At-Tabarani & As-Silsilah as-Sahihah]

Would you like Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala to remove one of your griefs on the Day of Judgment?

"Whoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgment" [Saheeh Muslim]

Would you like forgiveness and bounty from Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala?

"The Shaytan promises you poverty and enjoins you on lewdness. But Allah promises you forgiveness from Himself with bounty. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower." [Soorah al-Baqarah, 268]

Would you like angels to make du`aa for you?

"No day dawns upon [Allah's] servants without two angels descending [to Earth]. One of them says, 'O Allah, give recompense (khalaf) to those who give [charity]!'; the other says, 'O Allah give loss (talaf) to those who withhold [charity]!'" [Agreed upon]

Would you like to be in the enternal Jannah with our beloved Prophet and the best of creation, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam?

"I and the caretaker of the orphan will enter Paradise together like this, raising (by way of illustration) his forefinger and middle finger jointly, leaving no space in between." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari]

Source: http://www.islaam.com/Display.aspx?id=14

:wasalamex

AnonymousPoster
01-11-2007, 05:47 PM

What's the reward? And is there a difference from paying for their maintenance or looking after them in your home?

I'm sponsoring some.

Mawaddah
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM

The reward is great!!!

Rasulullah once said " The one who cares for an orphan will be this close to me in Jannah" and He raised up two of his fingers.

In other words, they will be as close together as how those fingers are close together.

There's much more also! May Allah reward you bro/sis for what you are doing :)

AnonymousPoster
01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks...

Anyother reward?

*love4isl@m*
01-11-2007, 06:03 PM

:thumbs_up MAsha'allah thats gr8 :thumbs_up
The reward is Very high And Masha'allah 4 ur GOod Intention! :)
May Allah Bless U with Jannat al-Firdous Bro/sis!:D
PLZ i will just remind u dat im shure u will gain more ajr if u bring one
up in the islamic Manner With Adhaab & islamic Tarbiyah Insha'allah!
Allah A3lam, 4giv me if im wrong & Plz correct me if im Wrong!!!

AnonymousPoster
01-11-2007, 11:02 PM
MashaAllah what you're doing is great! If our intentions are good Allah swt, rewards us more than we can imagine. Keep up the good work inshaAllah.

P.S we all should do more and it is also worth considering sponsoring this charity - http://www.sightsavers.org/

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
MashAllah, thats great! May Allah reward you. The reward for it is tremendous InshAllah. As long as ur intentions are pure, which im sure it is!

lolwatever
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
“I and the one who sponsors an orphan will be in Paradise like these two” – and he gestured with his forefinger and middle finger, holding them apart. Al-Bukhaari, 5304.

This money is fresh and sweet. Blessed is the wealth of the Muslim, from which he gives to the poor, the orphan and the wayfarer” or as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said it. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1465; Muslim, 1052.

got it from i-qa... closed window b4 copied link :hiding:

lolwatever
01-12-2007, 09:48 AM
^ found it
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=47190&ln=eng

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Do you think I can get some reward in this life?

lolwatever
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Do you think I can get some reward in this life?
If Allah wills, why not.

What sorta reawd u mean tho?

AnonymousPoster
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I would like not to be so sad sometimes and to be happier...

lolwatever
01-12-2007, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
I would like not to be so sad sometimes and to be happier...

What's the cause of the sadness? Perhaps if you adress that inshalah your problems will be eased?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.