PDA

View Full Version : Ever Wonder.......



Umm Yoosuf
01-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Subhanallah take a look at this!

http://english.islamway.com/flashpag...=550&hight=400
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uma Rayanah
01-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Aslaamu Alkium...

Subxaan Allah

sis,, itis ur fuv nasheed,, Qurabaa'a....
Reply

root
01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
It would not have been too bad, if it was not for it's over statement and religous bias. How one can peddle such rubbish is quite beyond me.........
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by 1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam
Aslaamu Alkium...

Subxaan Allah

sis,, itis ur fuv nasheed,, Qurabaa'a....
Yes sis indeed it is!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by root
It would not have been too bad, if it was not for it's over statement and religous bias. How one can peddle such rubbish is quite beyond me.........
HUH? :confused:
Reply

edil
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Masha'allah what a nice proofs I just wish the disbelievers would think like that and really know the differences.
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
hmmmm....
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by root
It would not have been too bad, if it was not for it's over statement and religous bias. How one can peddle such rubbish is quite beyond me.........
be careful of how u say wat u think!

peace...
Reply

The Ruler
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
dat is such a wonderful nasheed :happy:

da meaning is sooo gd :happy: :thumbs_up

:w:
:sister: tAg
Reply

cleo
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
It is a beautiful nasheed, indeed..
Reply

muamena
04-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Bismillah
Asalaamu Alaykum,

mashaAllah beautiful nasheed and flash presentation!

fi aman Allah
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
salaams
very nice and sad
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Greetings,

I agree with root. It's just one false statement after another.

Nuns are respected? By whom?

Who calls Muslim men with beards extremists? They've got every right to grow a beard.

When a killer has labelled himself as a religious killer, it is no surprise that his religion is mentioned.

And do you really think the child in that picture has made a sincere intellectual decision to devote himself to Islam?

Islam is not the fastest growing religion in the world. That is a myth that has been promoted among the Islamic community. Think about Falun Gong - it didn't exist 20 years ago; now it has around 70 million followers. Islam isn't growing that fast.

Finally, whoever produced that nasheed really needs to learn about recording equipment and audio engineering!

Don't be taken in, people. Fair enough, be true to your religion - you have your beliefs, and I don't doubt your sincerity in them for a second. However, don't insult your own beliefs by claiming that weak propaganda like this provides credible support for them.

Peace
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 12:54 PM
dont talk crap about twenty years ago
currently, Islam is the fastest spreading religion
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Greetings,

Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
dont talk crap about twenty years ago
currently, Islam is the fastest spreading religion
Would you like to back that up with any evidence, or do you just expect me to believe you? I've given you statistics that clearly prove you're wrong.

Peace
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 01:03 PM
open to see why Islam is the fastest spreading relgion
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/98395/...favorite_city/
http://www.geocities.com/adnan022/l_pop2.html
http://www.geocities.com/adnan022/l_ris2.html
http://islam21.net/friday/14-02-03.html
http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/30041

For the atheist
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
Hang on a minute, I'm not disputing that Islam is not a religion of violence etc. I'm simply explaining that the belief that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world is a myth. If you've got evidence that can show that I'm wrong, then let's see it. In the meantime, please spare me the dawah (and the bizarre video of people cutting themselves).

By the way, that fourth link is a cracker:

It is estimated that there are over 1.5 British Muslims in the UK.
Now I know that's not true...

Peace
Reply

Far7an
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Czgibson,

Nuns are respected? By whom?
Well they are certainly not reffered to as 'opressed women'.
Who calls Muslim men with beards extremists? They've got every right to grow a beard.
You're right they have, but this is a stereotype that exists today.

When a killer has labelled himself as a religious killer, it is no surprise that his religion is mentioned.
Did the same apply to the Yorkshire ripper?

And do you really think the child in that picture has made a sincere intellectual decision to devote himself to Islam?
lol, the image is used to portray the children who do devote themselves to Islam.

Islam is not the fastest growing religion in the world. That is a myth that has been promoted among the Islamic community. Think about Falun Gong - it didn't exist 20 years ago; now it has around 70 million followers. Islam isn't growing that fast.
Being the claimant that there is another religion growing faster than Islam, the burden of proof is upon you.

Finally, whoever produced that nasheed really needs to learn about recording equipment and audio engineering!
lol, the audio on the presentation was distorted. you can listen to the original here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/local_li...on=play&id=111
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Greetings Far7an,
Originally Posted by Far7an
Well they are certainly not reffered to as 'opressed women'.
They're often referred to as 'penguins', or other disrespectful names.

Did the same apply to the Yorkshire ripper?
Here's what happened after Peter Sutcliffe was arrested:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
After two days of intensive questioning, he suddenly declared he was the Ripper and, over the next day, calmly described his many attacks, only weeks later claiming to have been told by God to murder the women. He was charged on 6 January and went to trial in May.
(My emphasis)

This is different from someone claiming their attacks are religiously motivated even before carrying them out. Sutcliffe was clutching at straws looking for a defence; so-called 'Islamic' suicide bombers are instead carrying out murders inspired by their own perverted understanding of Islam. It's the fact that they label themselves as Islamic killers that they get so labelled in news reports after the fact.
Being the claimant that there is another religion growing faster than Islam, the burden of proof is upon you.
Quite right - that's why I gave the example of Falun Gong. What else would you like me to do?

Peace
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
why dont you provide concrete evidence?
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
why dont you provide concrete evidence?
OK - here are a group of estimates of the number of Falun Gong followers, taken from adherents.com:

http://www.adherents.com/Na/Na_285.html#1563

You'll see that they vary, since there is no agreed number. Most estimates put the figure at 70 million. The Chinese government, who are vehemently opposed to the religion, puts the figure at 2 million. Falun Gong themselves claim 100 million. I'd say the independent estimates are the most reliable, since the other two both have ideological reasons to either boost or minimise the figure.

What do you think?

Peace
Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 02:08 PM
you see we are not talking about a specific place but the whole world at large
the site you have given does not show world figures.

ISLAM IS THE FASTEST SPREADING RELEGION
Reply

Ra`eesah
04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I want to address a few points seeing that brother Far7an is not online.

1. Regarding the Muslim men growing their beards, yes we understand that they are free to do so, what the presentation is trying to address is the stereotypes that those “muslim men” receive from ignorant individuals. They are labeled “Extremists” “Fundamentalists” “ Terrorist” etc. why? simply for growing a bread, I wonder why americans don’t feel threat when a clean shaven muslim sits next to them on the bus or airplane as oppose to a fully bearded muslim man. I will tell you why, its because of free association, they have been conditioned to associate any middle eastern look alike to that of “terrorist acts”.

2. Both sides have their share of extremism and properganda , but that shouldn’t be the reason for you to turn away and reject the truth. It’s funny how you quote an anti Islamic site when you say “That is a myth that has been promoted among the Islamic community.” Many christian sites and what not have spent a lot of time and effort to refute this, but regardless of what they say, actions speak louder then words.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/

n “Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people...” (Hillary Rodham Clinton, Los Angeles Times).1

n “Moslems are the world’s fastest-growing group...” (The Population Reference Bureau, USA Today).2

n “....Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country.” (Geraldine Baum; Newsday Religion Writer, Newsday).3

n “Islam, the fastest-growing religion in the United States...” (Ari L. Goldman, New York Times).4


(1) Larry B. Stammer, Times Religion Writer, “First Lady Breaks Ground With Muslims,” Los Angeles Times, Home Edition, Metro Section, Part B, May 31, 1996, p. 3.

(2) Timothy Kenny, “Elsewhere in the World,” USA Today, Final Edition, News Section, February 17, 1989, p. 4A

(3) Geraldine Baum, “For Love of Allah,” Newsday, Nassau and Suffolk Edition, Part II, March 7, 1989, p. 4.

(4) Ari L. Goldman, “Mainstream Islam Rapidly Embraced By Black Americans,” New York Times, Late City Final Edition, February 21, 1989, p. 1.

Reply

Muslim Soldier
04-07-2006, 02:25 PM
very nice
Reply

czgibson
04-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Greetings Muslim Soldier,
Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
you see we are not talking about a specific place but the whole world at large
the site you have given does not show world figures.
Yes it does - look again.

ISLAM IS THE FASTEST SPREADING RELEGION
Putting it in capital letters doesn't really make it any more convincing, does it?

Greetings Ra'eesah,

1. Regarding the Muslim men growing their beards, yes we understand that they are free to do so, what the presentation is trying to address is the stereotypes that those “muslim men” receive from ignorant individuals. They are labeled “Extremists” “Fundamentalists” “ Terrorist” etc. why? simply for growing a bread, I wonder why americans don’t feel threat when a clean shaven muslim sits next to them on the bus or airplane as oppose to a fully bearded muslim man. I will tell you why, its because of free association, they have been conditioned to associate any middle eastern look alike to that of “terrorist acts”.
Well, there certainly are a lot of ignorant people in the world. I don't know anyone who thinks that way, though.
2. Both sides have their share of extremism and properganda , but that shouldn’t be the reason for you to turn away and reject the truth. It’s funny how you quote an anti Islamic site when you say “That is a myth that has been promoted among the Islamic community.” Many christian sites and what not have spent a lot of time and effort to refute this, but regardless of what they say, actions speak louder then words.
I've quoted wikipedia and adherents.com. Which of those is anti-Islamic?

You've given a string of quotations consisting of assertions that prove nothing. If you can show me, with statistics, that Islam is growing faster than Falun Gong, then I will believe you. If, instead, you simply post assertions with no evidence, then I won't.

Peace
Reply

droob
04-07-2006, 02:58 PM
salam......
Nuns are respected? By whom?
((what is ment from that >>>is when nun covers her hair its because of her religiosity but when a muslem female covers her hair she is hardly live in peace in unmuslim countries and she is always treted bad and forsed to take it off _do you need proves so you can believe?you have in france areal and rudeness way of treating muslim female....))
Who calls Muslim men with beards extremists? They've got every right to grow a beard.
((maybe its what you think!that is ok!! but in real life man with beard also not wellcome because each muslim with beared is chargeable as if he is responsible of every disaster in the world....dont say you need a prove....
When a killer has labelled himself as a religious killer, it is no surprise that his religion is mentioned.
(( but any and each muslim killer dose not represent islam!!our main islamic roles even in war (not to kill awoman or a child or an old man and pepole whome in pease praying ) although they are enemies so if he said:islam told me as a muslim to kill!!you go in arresting every muslim ????how come??and charge every muslim for that??
And do you really think the child in that picture has made a sincere intellectual decision to devote himself to Islam?
((every child is delivered as a muslim !!!because islam is the religion of instinct))i wish you ask religious men for more ....if you want to know?
whoever produced that nasheed really needs to learn about recording equipment and audio engineering!
((this islamic song is one of the first and oldest islamic songs its almost 15 years old if you wish bro. i can give you new release
Don't be taken in, people. Fair enough, be true to your religion - you have your beliefs, and I don't doubt your sincerity in them for a second. However, don't insult your own beliefs by claiming that weak propaganda like this provides credible support for them.
((as amuslime i am as all muslimes...we have the right to defened our islam!!!and in the old days they said((you are an enemy for what you unfamiliar with))
and sorry for my weak english..long time not writing in english
wish you live in peace for peace
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!