/* */

PDA

View Full Version : @@@ ~ Club 99 ~ @@@

1m@@n
10-14-2005, 08:39 PM
@@@ ~ Club 99 ~ @@@

:love: A ficticious tale....with a moral lesson. :love:

Long ago, there lived a King. This King should have been contented with his life, given all the riches and luxuries he had. However, this was not the case! The King always found himself wondering why he just never seemed content with his life. Sure, he had the attention of everyone wherever he went, attended fancy dinners and parties, but somehow, he still felt something was lacking and he couldn't put his finger on it.

One day, the King had woken up earlier than usual to stroll around his palace. He entered his huge living room and came to a stop when he heard someone happily singing away... following this singing... he saw that one of the servants was singing and had a very contented look on his face. This fascinated the King and he summoned this man to his chambers.

The man, his servant, entered the King's chambers as ordered. The King asked why he was so happy?

To this the man replied: "Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but I make enough of a living to keep my wife and children happy. We don't need too much, a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummy. My wife and children are my inspiration, they are content with whatever little I bring home. I am happy because my family is happy."

Hearing this, the King dismissed the servant and summoned his Personal Assistant to his chambers. The King related his personal anguish about his feelings and then related the story of the servant to his Personal Assistant, hoping that somehow, he will be able to come up with some reasoning that here was a King who could have anything he wished for at a snap of his fingers and yet was not contented, whereas, his servant, having so little was extremely contented.

The Personal Assistant listened attentively and came to a conclusion. He said "Your Majesty, I believe that the servant has not been made part of The 99 Club."

"The 99 Club? And what exactly is that?" the King inquired.

To which the Assistant replied, "Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Club is, you will have to do the following... place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant's doorstep, you will then understand what The 99 Club is."

That very same evening, the King arranged for 99 Gold coins to be placed in a bag at the servant's doorstep. Although he was slightly hesitant and he thought he should have put 100 Gold coins into the bag, but since his assistant had advised him to put 99, that is what he did.

The servant was just stepping out of his house when he saw a bag at his doorstep.Wondering about its contents, he took it into his house and opened the bag. When he opened the bag, he let out a great big shout of joy...

Gold Coins... so many of them. He could hardly believe it. He called his wife to show her the coins.

He then took the bag to a table and emptied it out and began to count the coins. Doing so, he realised that there were 99 coins and he thought it was an odd number so he counted again, and again and again only to come to the same conclusion... 99 Gold Coins.

He began to wonder, what could have happened to that last 1 coin? For no one would leave 99 coins. He began to search his entire house, looked around his backyard for hours, not wanting to lose out on that one coin. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to make up for that 1 Gold coin to make his entire collection an even 100 Gold Coins.

He got up the next morning, in an extremely horrible mood, shouting at the children and his wife for his delay, not realising that he had spent most of the night conjuring ways of working hard so that he had enough money to buy himself that gold coin. He went to work as usual - only not in his usual best mood, singing happily - as he grumpily did his daily errands.

Seeing the man's attitude change so drastically, the King was puzzled. He promptly summoned his assistant to his chambers. The King related his thoughts about the servant and once again, his assistant listened. The King could not believe that the servant who until yesterday had been singing away and was happy and content with his life had taken a sudden
change of attitude, even though he should have been happier after receiving the gold coins.

To this the assistant replied "Ah! but your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Club." He explained: "The 99 Club is just a name given to those people who have everything but yet are never contented, therefore they are always working hard and striving for that extra 1 to round it out to 100!

We have so much to be thankful for and we can live with very little in our lives, but the minute we are given something bigger and better, we want even more!

We are not the same happy contented person we used to be, we want more and more and by wanting more and more we don't realise the price we pay for it. We lose our sleep, our happiness, we hurt the people around us just as a price to pay for our growing needs and desires. That is what joining The 99 Club is all about."

Hearing this the King decided that from that day onwards, he was going to start appreciating all the little things in life.

Striving for more is always good, but let's not strive so hard and for so much that we lose all those near and dear to our hearts, we shouldn't compromise our happiness for moments of luxuries!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-14-2005, 08:53 PM
masha Allah that is soo true, jazak Allah khayr for the story sister. i just want to put a hadith in:

anas reported Allah's messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If the son of adam were to possess two valleys of riches. he would long for the third one. And the stomach of the son of Adam is not filled but with dust. And Allah returns to him who repents.

sahih muslim: book 005, number 2282:

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
salaam

jazakallah for the story sister

w.salaam

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
salam
mashallah read something like this before, jazakallah for posting sis
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mbaig
06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Once upon a time, there lived a King who, despite his luxurious lifestyle, was neither happy nor content. One day, the King came upon a servant who was singing happily while he worked.
This fascinated the King; why was he, the Supreme Ruler of the Land, unhappy and gloomy, while a lowly servant had so much. The King asked the servant, "Why are you so happy?"
The man replied, "Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but my family and I don't need too much - just a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies."
The king was not satisfied with that reply. Later in the day, he sought the advice of his most trusted advisor. After hearing the King's woes and the servant's story, the advisor said, "Your Majesty, I believe that the servant has not been made part of The 99 Club."
"The 99 Club? And what exactly is that?" the King inquired. The advisor replied, "Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Club is, place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant's doorstep." When the servant saw the bag, he took it into his house. When he opened the bag, he let out a great shout of joy... so many gold coins!
He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were 99 coins. He wondered, "What could've happened to that last gold coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 coins!" He looked everywhere he could, but that final coin was elusive. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to earn that gold coin and complete his collection.
From that day, the servant's life was changed. He was overworked, horribly grumpy, and castigated his family for not helping him make that 100th gold coin. He stopped singing while he worked. Witnessing this drastic transformation, the King was puzzled. When he sought his advisor's help, the advisor said, "Your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Club."
He continued, "The 99 Club is a name given to those people who have enough to be happy but are never contented, because they're always yearning and striving for that extra 1 telling to themselves: "Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life." We can be happy, even with very little in our lives, but the minute we're given something bigger and better, we want even more! We lose our sleep, our happiness, we hurt the people around us; all these as a price for our growing needs and desires."
That's what joining "The 99 Club" is all about!

islamirama
06-03-2010, 01:33 AM
The 99 Club

Once upon a time, there lived a King who, despite his luxurious lifestyle, was neither happy nor content.

One day, the King came upon a Servant who was singing happily while he worked. This fascinated the King; why was he,
the Supreme Ruler of the Land, unhappy and gloomy, while a lowly Servant had so much joy.
The King asked the Servant, "Why are you so happy?"

The Servant replied, "Your Majesty, I am nothing but a Servant, but my family and I don't
need too much - just a Roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies."

The King was not satisfied with that reply.

Later in the day, he sought the advice of his most trusted Advisor. After hearing the King's woes and the Servant's story, the Advisor said, "Your Majesty, I believe that the Servant has not been made part of The 99 Club."

"The 99 Club? And what exactly is that?" the King inquired.

The Advisor replied, "Your Majesty, to truly know what The 99 Club is place 99 Gold Coins in a bag and leave it at this Servant's doorstep."

When the Servant saw the bag, he took it into his house. When he opened the bag, he let out a great shout of joy... so many Gold Coins!

He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were 99 Coins.

He wondered, "What could've happened to that last Gold Coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 Coins!"

He looked everywhere he could, but that final Coin was elusive. Finally, exhausted, he decided that he was going to have to work harder than ever to earn that Gold Coin and complete his collection.

From that day, the Servant's life was changed. He was overworked, horribly grumpy, and castigated his family for not helping him make that 100th Gold Coin.

He stopped singing while he worked.

Witnessing this drastic transformation, the King was puzzled.

When he sought his Advisor's help, the Advisor said, "Your Majesty, the Servant has now officially joined The 99 Club."

He continued, "The 99 Club is a name given to those people who have enough to be happy but are never contented, because they're always yearning and striving for that extra "1"
telling to themselves: "Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life."

We can be happy, even with very little in our lives, but the minute we're given something bigger and better, we want even more!

We lose our sleep, our happiness, we hurt the people around us; all these as a Price for our growing needs and desires.

That's what joining The 99 Club is all about."

Hadrat Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-Aas (radhiallahu anhu) reported:

"The Messenger of Allah (Peace Be Upon Him) said, "Successful is the one who has entered the fold of Islam and is provided with sustenance which is sufficient for his needs, and Allah makes him content with what He has bestowed upon him.''.

Related by Muslim.Hadith quoted from Riyad-us-Saliheen (Hadith # 523)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"If you are pleased with what Allah has (given you), you will be the richest of men. If you are kind to your neighbor, you will be a believer. If you like others to have what you want for yourself, you will be a Muslim."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1334

-Elle-
06-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Jazak'Allah kheir for sharing it put a smile to my face. Wise story too which perfectly befits the Hadiths.

Abdul-Raouf
06-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Well said... Good reminder.

Jazakallah Khair.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Barak'Allah feek, indeed a beautiful reminder. Be content of what Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has given you. Look at people below you in matters of this world, and look at people above you in matters of the Deen. :w:

marwen
07-28-2010, 12:43 PM
^ Mashallah a great lesson !

B B B B B
*U U U U U
**M M M M M
***P P P P P

Sawdah
07-28-2010, 12:58 PM
JazakAllah for the bump brother.

Good reminder indeed.

Abu Zainab
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Excellent piece of advice. We are always trying to earn more and more and neglecting our families which is one of the causes of distress and anxiety.

Khalid Saifullah
03-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Once upon a time, there lived a King who, despite his luxurious lifestyle, was not happy at all.

One day, the King came upon a servant who was singing happily while he worked. This fascinated the King; Why was he, the Supreme Ruler of the Land, unhappy and gloomy, while a lowly servant had so much joy?

The King asked the servant, 'Why are you so happy?'

The man replied, 'Your Majesty, I am nothing but a servant, but my family and I don't need too much - just a roof over our heads and warm food to fill our tummies.'

The king sought the advice of his most trusted advisor. After hearing the story, the advisor said, 'Your Majesty, the servant has not yet joined "The 99 Club".'

'The 99 Club? And what is that?' the King inquired.

The advisor replied, 'To truly know what The 99 Club is, just place 99 Gold coins in a bag and leave it at this servant's doorstep.'

When the servant saw the bag, he let out a great shout of joy... so many gold coins. He began to count them. After several counts, he was at last convinced that there were only 99 coins.

He wondered, 'What could've happened to that last gold coin? Surely, no one would leave 99 coins!'

He looked everywhere, but that final coin was elusive. Finally he decided that he was going to work harder than ever to earn that 100th gold coin.

From that day, the servant was a changed man. He was overworked, grumpy, and blamed his family for not helping him make that 100th gold coin.

And he had stopped singing while he worked.

Witnessing this drastic transformation, the King was puzzled. The advisor said, 'Your Majesty, the servant has now officially joined The 99 Club.'

He continued, 'The 99 Club is a name given to those people who have enough to be happy but are never content, because they're always wanting that extra 1, saying to themselves:

"Let me get that one final thing and then I will be happy for life."

We can be happy with very little in our lives, but the minute we're given something bigger and better, we want more ...and even more! We lose our sleep, our happiness, as the price for our growing needs and desires.

That's "The 99 Club"...

Zero Membership fee to enter, but you pay for it with your entire life! :statisfie

Adam19
03-03-2016, 03:49 AM
that's a good story Mashallah

azc
03-03-2016, 08:22 AM
This wealth is the fitnah of this age and majority is indulge in it

azc
03-03-2016, 08:24 AM
The same thread is here...http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...club-99-a.html

azc
03-03-2016, 08:26 AM
The same threads here...http://education-issues/6360-club-99...5-99-club.html

AabiruSabeel
03-03-2016, 08:30 AM
:threadmrg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.