/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which verse.....?

Pages : 1 [2]

'Abd al-Baari
12-09-2007, 02:11 PM
:sl:

ermmm Surah Najm:?

053.062 But fall ye down in prostration to Allah, and adore (Him)!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
12-09-2007, 03:04 PM
:salamext:

^ Yup :)

'Abd al-Baari
12-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Wow that was just a guess, but Surah Alaq' was revelaed before surah Najm so isn't the first Sajdae Tilwaah in that Surah?

Al-Hanbali
12-09-2007, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Wow that was just a guess, but Surah Alaq' was revelaed before surah Najm so isn't the first Sajdae Tilwaah in that Surah?
:wasalamex

Masha'Allah :)

The first 5 ayahs were the first to be revealed, not the whole surah. The ayah in Surah Najm was the first sajdah-ayah.

Al-Bukhari recorded that `Abdullah [bin Mas`ud] said, "Surat An-Najm was the first Surah in which a prostration was revealed. The Prophet (recited it in Makkah) and prostrated. Those who were with him did the same, except an old man who took a handful of soil and prostrated on it. Later on, I saw him killed as a disbeliever; he was Umayyah bin Khalaf.'' Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith in several places of his Sahih, as did Muslim, Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i, using various chains of narration through Abu Ishaq from `Abdullah.

Wallahu 3alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Wow i learnt something new today, Jazakallah Khair bro :)

ermm in which ayah is the 'major sin' mentioned and is said that it will not be forgiven

------
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM

Is it:

Surely, Allah does not forgive associating anything with Him, and He forgives whatever is other than that to whomever He wills. (Qur’an, 4:48)

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Close...it's in the same Surah :)

------
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM

4:116. Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and He forgives what is besides this to whom He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he indeed strays off into a remote error.
??

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Yup thats right :thumbs_up

Your turn. =)

------
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Next: In which verse does Shaytaan ask Allaah subhaan wa taa’la to give him respite until the Day of Resurrection?

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Iblis said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised." Surah Hijr : 13

Next.. in which verse does Allah say that he sends down his Angels to servants as a reminder to them to do their duty to him [Allah]?

------
12-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Qur’an, Surah 16, Verse 2

”He doth send down His angels with inspiration of His Command, to such of His servants as He pleaseth, (saying): "Warn (Man) that there is no god but I: so do your duty unto Me."

------
12-10-2007, 12:07 PM

Next: In which verse does Allaah subhaan wa taa’la tell us that He reverses the creation? [e.g. makes them to be weak after giving them strength]

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
surat yaseen, verse 68. you like surat yaseen, dont ya sis:D
which verse is ibrahim (aleyhi asalaam) saved form the fire.

------
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Yeh, that's my favourite Surah out of the Qur'aan. Alhamdulillah I've memorised it as well :)

Your turn sis!

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2007, 12:30 PM
lol..check my post again:D :p

------
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Ibrahim Alayhi Assalam is saved from the fire in:

So naught was the answer of his people except that they said: Slay him or burn him; then Allah saved him from the fire; most surely there are signs in this for a people who believe.
Surah 29, Verse 24

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM

We said, "O Fire! be thou cool, and (a means of) safety for Abraham!"

Surah Anbiya : 69

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
brother abdullah got it right. sorry, i think i mixed you up with my wording sis...
next.....

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM

ermmm {its so much easier answering rather than asking :p}

err..In which verse is alcohol forbidden?

------
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM

5:90. O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

5:91. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM

yu thats right Masha'Allah :thumbs_up
Your turn :)

------
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Next: In which verse of the Qur’aan is there a du’a that is asking Allaah subhaan wa taa’la not to let our hearts deviate from the truth and to bestow His Mercy upon us?

Umm Hurairah
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure." (3:8)

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM

I think that is right Masha'Allah :thumbs_up

Your turn. :)

Umm Hurairah
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Alhamdulillah.

Next: Which verse did Prophet Muhammad (SA) recite that asked Allah to protect him and Abu Bakr (RA) from the Qurayshis that were going to kill him (Naozubillah) in the night?

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM

hard one :X
I would guess at Ayatul Qursi:?

Umm Hurairah
12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

hard one :X
I would guess at Ayatul Qursi:?
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

No...

The verse is between the 20-30 chapters of the Quran.

'Abd al-Baari
12-10-2007, 09:14 PM

yh i just realised Surah Baqarah is a Madani Surah :hiding::hiding:

Na7lah
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
is it in surah Yasin? Wa Ja3alna min bani Aydihim Sadan wa min Khalfihim Sada....?

Umm Hurairah
12-10-2007, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
is it in surah Yasin? Wa Ja3alna min bani Aydihim Sadan wa min Khalfihim Sadan Fa Aghshinahum Fahum La Yubsiroon....?

Yep Masha Allah. *_*

Your turn Insha Allah.

Na7lah
12-12-2007, 03:24 AM
which verses were sent down to
support Aisha RA when she was slandered

Umm Hurairah
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM

"Surely those who fabricate the lie are a group from among you. Do not think it is bad thing for you; no it is good for you. Every man will receive what he has earned for this sin, and whoever had the greater part in it will have a great punishment. Why did the men and women believers, when they heard it, not think good in their selves and say: 'This is clearly a lie?' Why did they not produce four witnesses? Since they did not produce witnesses, they are certainly liars in the sight of Allah. If it were not for the grace of Allah, and His mercy on you in this world and in the next world, an awful doom would have overtaken you for what you repeated. Since you received it with your tongues, and repeated what you did not know anything about with your mouths, you thought it was a trifle, but in the sight of Allah it is serious. Why, when you heard it, did you not say: 'It is not for us to repeat this, Glory be to You (O Allah), this is a serious rumor.' Allah warns you to never repeat anything like this again, if you are indeed believers and Allah makes the signs clear to you; and Allah is Knowing, Wise. Surely those who love to spread around slander about those who believe will have a painful punishment in this world and in the next world; and Allah knows and you do not know. " [Quran 24:11-19]

Next: Which verse of the Quran answers the prayer of Hadhrat Zainab bint Jahsh (RA) concerning the marriage proposed to her by Hadhrat Muhammad (SA)?

Khaldun
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM

And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah's command shall be performed.

Where in the Quran is the Mosquito, fly, ant, dog, whale, elephant, spider, lion, camel, horse, ape, pig, cow (ok ill stop here lol) mentioned? Sorry if I made it long.

Maimunah
12-14-2007, 12:16 PM
is that all in one verse????????????

if not then i know a verse that mentions the 'fly'.

its يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ضُرِبَ مَثَلٌ فَاسْتَمِعُوا لَهُ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ لَن يَخْلُقُوا ذُبَاباً وَلَوِ اجْتَمَعُوا لَهُ وَإِن يَسْلُبْهُمُ الذُّبَابُ شَيْئاً لَّا يَسْتَنقِذُوهُ مِنْهُ ضَعُفَ الطَّالِبُ وَالْمَطْلُوبُ

O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition! :cry:

subhanalah this ayah is really powerful!!

the ant is mentioned in suraan NAML, the dog is mentioned in suraa KAHF.

:w:

Al-Hanbali
12-14-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Where in the Quran is the Mosquito, fly, ant, dog, whale, elephant, spider, lion, camel, horse, ape, pig, cow (ok ill stop here lol) mentioned? Sorry if I made it long.

Mosquito:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يَسْتَحْيِي أَن يَضْرِبَ مَثَلاً مَّا بَعُوضَةً فَمَا فَوْقَهَا
Lo! Allah disdaineth not to coin the similitude even of a gnat.. (Surah Baqarah, Ayah 26)

Fly:
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ضُرِبَ مَثَلٌ فَاسْتَمِعُوا لَهُ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ لَن يَخْلُقُوا ذُبَابًا وَلَوِ اجْتَمَعُوا لَهُ وَإِن يَسْلُبْهُمُ الذُّبَابُ شَيْئًا لَّا يَسْتَنقِذُوهُ مِنْهُ ضَعُفَ الطَّالِبُ وَالْمَطْلُوبُ
O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition! (Surah Hajj, Ayah 73)

Ant:
حَتَّى إِذَا أَتَوْا عَلَى وَادِي النَّمْلِ قَالَتْ نَمْلَةٌ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّمْلُ ادْخُلُوا مَسَاكِنَكُمْ لَا يَحْطِمَنَّكُمْ سُلَيْمَانُ وَجُنُودُهُ وَهُمْ لَا يَشْعُرُونَ
At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it." (Surah Naml, Ayah 18)

Dog:
وَتَحْسَبُهُمْ أَيْقَاظًا وَهُمْ رُقُودٌ وَنُقَلِّبُهُمْ ذَاتَ الْيَمِينِ وَذَاتَ الشِّمَالِ وَكَلْبُهُم بَاسِطٌ ذِرَاعَيْهِ بِالْوَصِيدِ
Thou wouldst have deemed them awake, whilst they were asleep, and We turned them on their right and on their left sides: their dog stretching forth his two fore-legs on the threshold.. (Surah Kahf, Ayah 18)

Whale:
فَالْتَقَمَهُ الْحُوتُ وَهُوَ مُلِيمٌ
Then the big fish did swallow him, and he had done acts worthy of blame. (Surah Saffat, Ayah 142)

Elephant:
أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ فَعَلَ رَبُّكَ بِأَصْحَابِ الْفِيلِ
Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the elephant? (Surah Fil, Ayah 1)

Spider:
مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاء كَمَثَلِ الْعَنكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنكَبُوتِ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ
The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew. (Surah Ankabut, Ayah 41)

Lion:
فَرَّتْ مِن قَسْوَرَةٍ
Fleeing from a lion! (Surah Muddatthir, Ayah 51)

Camel:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا وَاسْتَكْبَرُواْ عَنْهَا لاَ تُفَتَّحُ لَهُمْ أَبْوَابُ السَّمَاء وَلاَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى يَلِجَ الْجَمَلُ فِي سَمِّ الْخِيَاطِ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُجْرِمِينَ
To those who reject Our signs and treat them with arrogance, no opening will there be of the gates of heaven, nor will they enter the garden, until the camel can pass through the eye of the needle: Such is Our reward for those in sin. (Surah A'raf, Ayah 40)

Horse:
وَاسْتَفْزِزْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ مِنْهُمْ بِصَوْتِكَ وَأَجْلِبْ عَلَيْهِم بِخَيْلِكَ وَرَجِلِكَ وَشَارِكْهُمْ فِي الأَمْوَالِ وَالأَوْلادِ وَعِدْهُمْ وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ إِلاَّ غُرُورًا
Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. (Surah Isra, Ayah 64)

Ape:
وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ الَّذِينَ اعْتَدَواْ مِنكُمْ فِي السَّبْتِ فَقُلْنَا لَهُمْ كُونُواْ قِرَدَةً خَاسِئِينَ
And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected. (Surah Baqarah, Ayah 65)

Pig:
حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةُ وَالْدَّمُ وَلَحْمُ الْخِنْزِيرِ
Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine,.. (Surah Maidah, Ayah 3)

Cow:
وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَى لِقَوْمِهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ يَأْمُرُكُمْ أَنْ تَذْبَحُواْ بَقَرَةً
And remember Moses said to his people: "(Allah) commands that ye sacrifice a heifer.. (Surah Baqarah, Ayah 67)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masha'Allah br Khaldun, really good question. Some of those were quite hard to find.

Next:
In which verse does Allah(SWT) refer to Prophet Sulaiman's (AS) death?

Umm Hurairah
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM

"Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaimân (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment."

[34:14]

Next: In which verse did Hadhrat Musa (AS) ask Allah (SWT) to give him a companion to help him in his task as a prophet?

'Abd al-Baari
12-14-2007, 09:23 PM

اذْهَبْ إِلَى فِرْعَوْنَ إِنَّهُ طَغَى

"Go thou to Pharaoh, for he has indeed transgressed all bounds."

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي

(Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast;

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي

"Ease my task for me;

وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي

"And remove the impediment from my speech,

يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

"So they may understand what I say:

وَاجْعَل لِّي وَزِيرًا مِّنْ أَهْلِي

"And give me a Minister from my family,

هَارُونَ أَخِي

"Aaron, my brother;

اشْدُدْ بِهِ أَزْرِي

"Add to my strength through him,

{Surah Taha 24 => 31}

'Abd al-Baari
12-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Next: In which verse do the magicians of Firawn bow down to Allah?

chacha_jalebi
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
^ surah ta haa

falqiya as saharatu sujjadan . . .

next . . .

where does it say that people do shirk by sayin we only worship this because it brings us closer to Allah (swt) . . .

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 08:32 AM
surat al-zumar:3
Surely pure religion is for Allah only. And those who choose protecting friends beside Him (say): We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah. Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Lo! Allah guideth not him who is a liar, an ingrate.
Next: In which verse do the wives of the Prophet (sallalahu aleyhi wa salam) 'conspire' against him?

Silver Pearl
12-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Suraah At-Tahrim, verse three?

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 06:55 AM
yes, next...:sunny:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.