/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did you learn today at school?

Pages : [1] 2

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 09:53 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

First of all: I would like to say: Ramadhaan Kareem to everyone (once again).
Secondly: I hope this thread is in the right section and if not....Im sorry mods-I tried ;)

Getting to the point:

I had a lovely biolgoy lesson today. Watched this film (documentary) with this scientist/doctor who looks so like Einstein. Cant remember his name though.
Anyway......the first half of the film was basically to do with evolution. I noticed how it was that he had formed such a film so mazingly. This is wat I remember him mentioning:
He went to (I think it was south) America and there is this park that has not been changed for millions of years. He claimed that the it is exactly the same way in which the world had begun. He then pointed out these white stringy things and sed that these are bacteria. I thought: Fine.
Then he went on to say that it was these cells that began to develop and statred to form creatures in all shapes and size. Confused? Same here. I thought to myself.....how can the same bunch of cells produce different things from flying fish-dinosours and then to mammals. I didnt want to disturb the lesson, so I stayed quite.

Then, the Einstien went on to describe the caterpillar and how it is simply a food machine. It eats and eats and eats. But what happens wen it comes to mating? The film then showed the caterpillar chaging into a beautiful butterfly (Im jealous :p ).....wat he was saying was that all this stuff was happening out of the blues. It was so confusing! I really wish to ask him:' how do then get their individual colours?' But unfortunately I cant!! I can understand now why it is that when studying science you really need a religion. Something to lay back on and consider in your work.

It was such a confusing lesson.Then again, I think that scientists was pretty confused himself.

I thought I'd share my experience with you all. I wudnt mind if any of you write down your comments. It really would be nice to hear from you all.

I think enough has been said.
Allah ma3akum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
10-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I want to re-name this thread "What did you learn today at school?" Ill leave that for zAk to decide InshaAllah

I don't really have much to comment about your lesson, but I can tell you about my lesson today :-X

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

I want to re-name this thread "What did you learn today at school?" Ill leave that for zAk to decide InshaAllah

I don't really have much to comment about your lesson, but I can tell you about my lesson today :-X

:sl:
Go on then....tell us about ur lesson. :p

No brother farhan :omg: ...u cannot change the name of my thread. Its not fair, u always have to change something.

Br zak...have mercy on ur lil sis..plllzzzzz :(

By the way....its not school...its college. :p
U've changed the name to my thread..... :'(

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
if u want others to share their lessons here, then I think this is a better title :)

btw does titles matter ? :)

Yeah titles matter :p

Okay okay....u win.... :zip:

:coolsis:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum

It was a dull day, foggy, they say the weather gives an indication as to how the rest of the day will turn out. I left my house late, so I caught the bus instead of walking. When I arrived in town centre, I recognised a brother who is in the same class as me, so I greeted him :D ..

He responded, but he was like :-\ "ermm wasalam, do I know you?" So to avoid embarrasement for both of us, I replied "I may have the wrong person, sorry" Now for the rest of the day, I have to try avoid him, 'ala kulli haal.

As I was entering the building, I noticed a huge sign (ok it was size A4) about the earthquake appeal. I had trouble finding the room, as this was the first time this semester we had this lesson.

I was worried about entering the class late, usually I don't mind if someone is with me, but when you are alone, it's worse. Alhamdulillah it was'nt too bad, lesson had not started yet. At the start of the lesson, the tutor reminded us, of something she said in her first lecture...

"Wherever you go, leave a good impression"

I was impressed, she encouraged good behaviour and hard work, not like the other tutors, they have more of a "Have fun but do your work at the same time" attitude.

Ok, the lesson was about Free Trade in Internation Marketing, and the benefits of free trade.

Fire alarm gone off, I have to leave :(

baby_muslimah15
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Hmmm...Well if thats the case I learned alot of stuff 2day, hmm, I cant really remember what I learned it was just alot of things..... :p(And I have to agree title does matter because I look at the title to see weither or not i'm gone reply based on da title ;)kinda get da point) But the title yall have fits this topic better, Sorry Ameeratul Layl :-[ Not sayin you couldnt have came up with it....Salaams

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Intersting brther farhan. :p

Keep us updated! :D

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM

hmm..well today i sat away from my friends n this is the hottest news!!
n i did this coz my frds r not at all good mulsims..making fun of evry other person..muzic..n a whole lot more..
n i was thinking of taking this step since very long but dint have the guts..
n in the break time i also went away when one of them started making fun of abnormal(mentally retarded) ppl..
so thts all..

:w:
:sister:

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
i also went away when one of them started making fun of abnormal(mentally retarded) ppl..
so thts all..

:sister:[/QUOTE]

I hate it wen ppl do that. It is so cold hearted.
I personally find diasbled ppl really sweet. Its funny bcuz wen I smile at sum of the ones in my colllege....they get all embarrased and dont know where to put their faces. Its all so nice to see them smile. And they luk so cute wen they are walking down the stairs.....they luk so adorable.May Allah Grant them all Jannah for their patience. Ameen!

Ppl who think inferior of them....need to be....sorted out.

gladTidings
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM

What I learnt at college today:

- Skiving chemistry lessons is never OKAY. . .

- Its not smart to make psychological theories up as an attempt to do last minute homework.

Halima
10-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Salaam,

Today at school my teacher went on with his usual rounds on the play Macbeth in Enlish class. In Math We learned about Inequalities and how to graph them on the cordinate scale.

Shadow
10-17-2005, 11:40 PM
as salaamu alykum
today in school i learned that u shud not eat expired food especially if they come from some one elses locker(ps i didnt eat food as i was fasting but a class mate of mine ate it and he taught me the lesson)
and i also learned that u shud never tok to strangers who look like zombies and walk like goats.........(i learned tht from a smart teacher filled with wisdom)

(seriously i have no idea why i go to school)

ps. wht u read was a joke and not intended to offend any zombies (who walk like goats) out there

(hehe i love free posting with humorless jokes:p)

pps.
i apologize to the mods for free posting:)

Halima
10-18-2005, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
as salaamu alykum
today in school i learned that u shud not eat expired food especially if they come from some one elses locker

That should've been one of the very first things your parents taught you NOt to do..lol

Safa
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM

Today at my psychology class, we learned about sleep and dreams. Sleep is useful for repairing the body and mind and dreams occur as a reflection of our deepest thoughts and concerns. Then a couple of people started sharing bizarre stories. One guy said he had a conversation with someone who was asleep. One person said that he thought he was michael jackson and started dancing like him while he was asleep ;D ;D .

Ameeratul Layl
10-18-2005, 07:54 AM

I have chemistry again today. Yesterday in Cehemistry we had to go over ionic and covalent bonds. It was so easy, MashAllah. Theough, the lesson went a bit slow.
:confused:

razzzy101
10-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Salaamz, im in school ryt now, in I.T Lab, how you all doin? I'm in geography lesson supose 2 b doing coursework but tis toooo early, feel sleepy its 09:15!!! aint had much sleep. got a day of 8 lessons!!!!not fair help me!!!!

Ameeratul Layl
10-18-2005, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by razzzy101
Salaamz, im in school ryt now, in I.T Lab, how you all doin? I'm in geography lesson supose 2 b doing coursework but tis toooo early, feel sleepy its 09:15!!! aint had much sleep. got a day of 8 lessons!!!!not fair help me!!!!

Read al mutakabir and recite bismillah before you enter your classes. It really helps. And if u want to go a step further, do wat I do: Think about something....laugh....and hopefully ull be laughing the rest of the day. It sounds sad....but it works!
Muwahahahahaha

;D :love:

razzzy101
10-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Aww thanks!!!! any way its end of period now, bells gone so il catch you all wen i get home or probly after Iftari. tke cre. luv yah all. xXx

Ameeratul Layl
10-18-2005, 11:27 AM
:sl: Ive just had chemistry (As level).

It was such a load of Einstien work. I studied summat to do with covalent and ionic bonds (again) and went onto polar bonds. Was quite intersting! :p

Allah ma3akum ;) :coolsis:

Sista
10-18-2005, 04:53 PM
no school for me all this week :D midtermm!!

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 11:36 AM

Today I had physics, Al Hamdullilah I gave my coursework in on tym. I was well impressed with myself. :D
Then, I had biology, watched this film called.....cant remember but it had um therman (wat eva her name is). It was a film based around the future and how it is that wen babies are born. The docs will ba ble to tell the parents there and then wat diseases the child will have and even......how long the child will live for!!!

I walked out the class today, feeling like a zombie. Watching that film just....kinda barin washed me....well,.....I do remember my name(loq).

Oh well, hope to hear from the rest of u soon, InshAllah.

:coolsis: :) :coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 01:08 PM
salam
i just had english, no it wasn't shakespeare today, it was the language masterclass and its participants, very interesting
wasalam

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Salaam,
Today i had no lecture but had to do some Research On ROMAN Catholics, the belifes and practices, was alrite i guess!cant wait to get home and open my fast with all my family:)

w.salaam

Ameeratul Layl
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
:sl: I have had chemistry today. I played around with these 'shape molecule' things. They were so nice and colourful. It was all so much fun..... :p

I have physics next lesson, I presume I have to work through my coursework again. I'm dreading the expriment! :-[

Allah ma3akum :) :coolsis: :)

Duhaa
10-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Uni..
I learnt about using this statistical package called SPSS where you can easily have pie-charts, box-plots, bar-charts, statistical tests and things like that done for you.
A bit like Microsoft Excel but it's harder and more sophisticated.
Lecturers do that...Make things ten times harder when it can be done another way and definitely easily. Oh well that's life :)

m_2005
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM

It's half term right now so, I didn't learn anything :thumbs_up , but the last lesson I had was probably Physics, learning about caculating Density and what not

m_2005
10-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Although I'm enjoying Half term, I still wanna be back in college, learning something......(The thumbs up in the above post was a mistake, meant to be thumbs down)

Ameeratul Layl
10-20-2005, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

It's half term right now so, I didn't learn anything :thumbs_up , but the last lesson I had was probably Physics, learning about caculating Density and what not

:sl: Same her bro. Just had that lesson now.lol. ;D

We did this quick experiment with a radiator thing as well. :p

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
same here just finished today for half term, just came in college to hand in essays for english
wasalam

:sl: I still have college 2morow. :D Wipee :D :)

I hate the thought of breaking up for hols....they are so depressing. Well, they will b cuz I've got revision for 2 exams cuming up. :-[

m_2005
10-20-2005, 03:01 PM

You lot still have yet to start half-term holidays? Mines are just about to finish, and it's back to school on monday

MetSudaisTwice
10-20-2005, 03:01 PM
salam
am happy i have off tomorrow, can go to mosque for jumuah
but can't commentate the jummah from makkah here on the forum
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-31-2005, 10:21 AM

Bismillah.....

Today I had Bio for first lesson. It was sooooooo fun!!!

Had to disect a heart...my partner was such a girl:rolleyes:

I kept on teasing her by placing the tray (full of blood and the heart) under her nose. She nearly pucked up!!!:giggling: But she didnt!!:angry3: If only.......:laugh: :giggling: :giggling:

I have chemistry later on in the afternoon:dontcare:

Halima
10-31-2005, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Bismillah.....

Today I had Bio for first lesson. It was sooooooo fun!!!

Had to disect a heart...my partner was such a girl:rolleyes:

I kept on teasing her by placing the tray (full of blood and the heart) under her nose. She nearly pucked up!!!:giggling: But she didnt!!:angry3: If only.......:laugh: :giggling: :giggling:

I have chemistry later on in the afternoon:dontcare:

omg. Was it a human heart? Please tell me no!
As for me, I didn't even go to school yet..LOOL. Still eaaarly in the morning.

Ameeratul Layl
10-31-2005, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Halima;102390]omg. Was it a human heart?

I wish!!!...no it was a sheeps heart.:rolleyes: So cute and small.:giggling:

I tuk a picture of the heart wen I disected it with my mobile. Gna show mom wen I go home....cant wait to see her face....then again, she'll probably run to the bathroom. She is very sensitive wen it cums to things like this.:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Allah ma3ik

Zuko
10-31-2005, 02:27 PM
:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: Hehehehehehe, you people have school! I have Eid vacation! :Evil: *but only 9 days* :grumbling :angry3: :furious: And so much to study for :laugh: Cause I have midterms the same day I get back!!! :dontcare:

Halima
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: Hehehehehehe, you people have school! I have Eid vacation! :Evil: *but only 9 days* :grumbling :angry3: :furious: And so much to study for :laugh: Cause I have midterms the same day I get back!!! :dontcare:

that's not fair! How comes in america we can't get "EID vacation? :uuh: and Islam is the second largest religion in America today

h1jabi_sista
10-31-2005, 07:23 PM

:eek: subhanallah! thats my dinner up!!!

disecting is one of the most gory-ist jobs i can think of!!! subhanallah my sista wen thru all that, you gota have a really hard stomach.:sister:

as for me....I learnt the characteristic of a postive enviroment, i also learnt how to plan a routine, and i also learnt that never to read anything about disecting just after youve had your dinner!!!:giggling:

Zuko
10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
that's not fair! How comes in america we can't get "EID vacation? :uuh: and Islam is the second largest religion in America today
Well, I guess going to an islamic school does have its benefits... Or it just may be that Harry Potter haters never get any vacation! They're forced to live like mimes!!!! lol j/p... :statisfie :cool2: :sister: :loving:

But you do have a point... Now back on topic...:sister:

Duhaa
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
I liked doing the dissecting aswell. We also had to do the lungs of a sheep and had a demo where the teacher blew into a pipe connected to the lungs to show how it worked. Wow and I had to make sure the pipe was in place and hold it there. Gory but fun:statisfie

Anyway today I learnt that I need my sleep:yawn: , I almost made myself a laughing stock. I was doing maths (no suprises there). It was to do with half range cosine series (some trig thing). See everybody's falling asleep:p :)

m_2005
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM

I remember when we had to dissect a cows heart for science in year 11, was pretty interesting, to see what was in the heart, and how it was structured first hand

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 12:47 PM

Ive had the second and final lesson of my day- chemistry. We were talking about or rather I was taught about....*oops shes forgotten*......developing fuels and how it is that at some point...Im going to be making explosives!Im not a dangerous kind of person, Id rather sit and disect something than see something (or even sum1) go up in pieces:giggling:

The boys in my class are very very silly ans they like making everything dangerous. :angry2: Then again, its typical boys!!!

Ive no more lessons today so Im typing up my physics coursework. I would let u in on wat its about....but ull probably bang ur head on the keyboard and fall asleep.:giggling:
:giggling:

Now that wud be fun:giggling:

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Today I had physics and Bio.

Physics: Gave my cw in....
Bio: Watched the final part to the documentary: Anotomy for beginners by this German Anatomist. He luks like a creep. Wudnt want to see him on the door step during haloween.

Thats about it....

Oh! Will be having maths from 7-9pm.

Allah ma3akum

m_2005
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Had maths today, were doing indices, and had computing, were just learning to program using pascal.....

MetSudaisTwice
11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
salam
just had english, was reading and analysing Hamlet, Act 1 Scene 2 and 3
Wasalam

m_2005
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM

Do you do AS English Language? I was going to choose that, but then I decided not to. My friend told me it is quite different to GCSE English Lang

MetSudaisTwice
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
salam
no bro, i do A2 English Language and Literature, did AS ENglish on my first year and alhamdulillah i passed now on second year doing A2
wasalam

m_2005
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM

We're learning about Density, Moments, Momentum and Torque in physics, I don't think we'll be covering sound anytime soon....

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM

We're learning about Density, Moments, Momentum and Torque in physics, I don't think we'll be covering sound anytime soon....

The syllabes topic thing is called: 'The sound of music'.
I have completed 'space and technology.'
After sound and music I have a really boring topic. After the boring topic I have..'good enough to eat.'

But for the:'good enough to eat', Ill be paying a visit to a choco factory.:giggling: :giggling:
Gna dip my finger into the melted choco wen no one is looking.:giggling: :giggling:

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 11:06 AM

Today I have had chemistry. (I have physics later on...).

Anyway, I did an experiment to calculate the amount of fuel burnt. I was really eay, Al Hamdullilah. The boys in the calss were so dangerous with the matches. Im happy I've managed to escape without getting burnt.:phew

I actually managed to calculate how much fuel was burnt. I used the following formulae:

Energy = Weight x Temp x 4.2

Al hamdullilah. I've remembered the formula off by heart.!!!

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
My day at college (by the way, im still in college but this is wat has happened so far).

I had Biology first lesson. We did an experiment to do with osmosis in water. I was fun trying to blow into the see through thing (forgot wat its called :enough!: )....Anyway, I noticed that within 15 mins the ink in the see through thing had mixed into the water. Amazing!!(Sarcastic).

I have had Physics. There was only 4 of us :mad: . I was the only girl cuz the other girl is STILL celebrating Eid.... (bunking off more like it).
Oh well, I did the rest of my cw in neat. Have to type it up, but I have to celebrate Eid (2morrow) first.:-/

And my next lesson is General Studies. Load of rubbish if u ask me. Who cares about politics and all that!!! I dont.

Anyway, Ill give u an update on this lesson cuz its usually in this lesson that the atheist boy in my class likes to be horrid towards Muslims. Intersting to know wat he is gna say today. Muwahahaha.

Allah ma3akum

m_2005
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Today in each of my lessons I learnt;

Computing: programming concepts and started algorithms....
Maths: Did some practice papers
Physics: Were learning Newtons 2nd Law of Motion and some density
Electronics: Were doing our project work

Was pretty boring day, most of the muslims took 2 days off, but even so its a majority non muslim college, so lessons were still run

P.S. Computing is the most boooooooooooooooooooooring subject EVER, I mean it, I don't think any other lesson could compete with it

nafy
11-04-2005, 06:04 PM
i totally agree wid u!!!!
das y i am gonna fail my ICT course :(
i feel so badddddddddd........i got 3 assignmnets 2 do........n am not even near dun :(
ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
make dua 4 me ppl........i really need it............unda aloada stress at da moment.........wv parents avein high expectations...........sayin im gonna pass n dat..............wen i feel lyk i've already failed :(

m_2005
11-04-2005, 06:07 PM

I'm in like exactly the same position as you, parents pressure, stress cos of the assignments, so I know what you talkin about........

Inshallah it will be ok

Make dua for me everyone

nafy
11-04-2005, 06:08 PM
yeh inshallah it will be fyn 4 u bro :)
keep me in ur duas........u will be in myn inshallah
take care

m_2005
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM

What AS/A2 levels are all you other people doing?

Ra`eesah
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

well i lernt something interesting today, im sure some might already know of it but it was a thought that struck me... " Do Fish Sleep?" i guess this might fall under Biology, but anyhow i thougth about it and decided to look into it and guess what i found out....

Most all fish spend their time in an energy-saving mode, that state can be called "rest" however we might even call their behavior "sleep", although it is different than "sleep" in most land animals, many fish like Bass and perch rest on or under logs at night and Coral reef fish active in the day hide and rest in crevices and cracks in the reef to avoid being eaten at night.

the resting behavior of the fish is very different from their behavior during the rest of the day, like many minnows who are active in schools during the day will scatter and remain motionless in shallow water at night. many fish do in fact "rest" or "sleep" during the day and are active at night whatever the case maybe there is a certian rest period that the fish goes through. bottom line all fish do "sleep"

however there are some animals that never stop swimming even if they undergo their rest mode... like example many speacies of shark they HAVE to keep moving so that water can push through their mouths in order for them to breath, however... they are still asleep. Just call it "sleep swimming"

well that was the highlight of my day... sorry if u think this post is irralavent but i just wanted to share.:happy1:

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 10:01 AM

Talking abour fish, guess wat I found out: If u are a very sensitive person and can easily be put off things....DO NOT read ahead:

I discovered that fish reproduce in the most amazing but weird way. They lay eggs in the water and then all this funny stuff happens. NO!! This is NOT the gruesome part.....this is.....

I was sitting down the other day (weekend) and was in a world of my own. I thought to myself.....wat happens wen a person falls into the water where all these fish are giving off their eggs? Dont ppl end up swallowing all this stuff?:enough!: Its funny....but kinda sick too. I thought I ought to share it with you!!

lol.

Allah ma3akum

m_2005
11-07-2005, 01:21 PM

Today, had computing, did some programming in pascal
electronics, continued project work
maths, started differentiation

gotta be back for 3 now, for physics

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 01:21 PM
gotta be back for 3 now, for physics[/QUOTE]

:sl: Enjoy!!:giggling:

m_2005
11-07-2005, 01:35 PM

Well I'll enjoy Physics alot more than I do Computing. Its easy, but its just boring work, I thought it would be completely different

Zuko
11-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I had my arabic midterm today... Eid vacation is over and I have an islamic studies and qur'an midterm tomorrow... I'm sick of school... :(

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 09:24 AM

Oh!! I forgot to tell u wat I learnt yesterday in.....Chemistry!!:offended:

Okay...so, I am still doing the 'heat of combusion' topic thing. We did quite a lot of calculations! I cant belive Im saying this but....it actually was very fun!! :laugh:
Then, we did an example and produced a graph: It was based around endothermic which is when 'energy is absorbed.' Basically, no heat is given out.:rolleyes:
And exothermic: when 'energy is released'. Basically, when heat is given out.:rolleyes:

It was a good lesson!!!:okay:

Allah ma3akum

m_2005
11-08-2005, 09:30 AM

I start at 11 today, Physics :heated: ............ really can't be bothered to go, only maths and electronics are good subjects

Physics and Computing on the other hand :vomit:

May Allah help me find all my subjects easy, and help me to concentrate on them

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
School....bleh!! gave that up a fwe yearsa go lol.

Im at work...dont really learn anything, except that i wanna go home!! im thinking i wana go to college at some point. they got arabic classes near me now so maybe ill go and learn some basic arabic...i gotta elarn somehow and im finding it really really hard on my own.

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 09:36 AM

I start at 11 today, Physics :heated: ............ really can't be bothered to go, only maths and electronics are good subjects

Physics and Computing on the other hand :vomit:

May Allah help me find all my subjects easy, and help me to concentrate on them

:sl: One thing that really makes me like subjects wen I begin to hate them is: my ambitions in life!!

It works! The more u thik about the things u wish to accomplish in life.....the more determined u become wen it comes to studies!!:rolleyes:

Allah ma3ak

p.s: Keep ur chin up bro and give it ur best shot!!!! Remember Allah and He in Return will Remember You. InshAllah.:smile:

m_2005
11-08-2005, 09:53 AM

Thinking about my ambitions? Helps when I think of Electronics and Maths, but i don't need physics, and computing, cos I'm thinking of going into engineering or Medicine or Pharmacy, which means I'll have to do AS levels next year again...... Besides that, computing teacher MAKES it boring for us using one tone of voice, the same tone when he tells a joke, same tone when hes shouting, same tone when hes teaching...............

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 12:21 PM

Ahem....

Today I learnt alomost everything about 'organic chemistry.':happy:

Carbon chemistry
Hydro carbons
and about Alkanes. :happy1:

Meth = 1 carbon
Eth = 2 carbons and so on......:rollseyes

It wasnt a bad lesson actually. :okay:

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
seems ilke u had fun there sis

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
seems ilke u had fun there sis

:sl: I wouldnt call it fun...rather....it was an interesting lesson.:giggling:

Allah ma3ik

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 12:25 PM
i c :giggling:

im bored

CarrieValandez
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I dropped out of school when I was 15. I have learnt more not at school than I did whilst there.

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
lol, gotta agree with u there.....lessons thru living are much better than school education

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 12:53 PM
lol, gotta agree with u there.....lessons thru living are much better than school education

So ur telling me that u'd know that :

v = I x R (is how to work out the voltage)......just by 'living it though?'

Yeah right. :giggling:

MetSudaisTwice
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
salam
still analysing Hamlet as my A2 exam will be based on this play
waslam

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
why wud i want to know that?!?

CarrieValandez
11-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I have learnt that there are some nice people here.

Ameeratul Layl
11-08-2005, 12:57 PM
why wud i want to know that?!?

It was an example dirrrr:-\

I think we are going off topic. I just wanted to make a point and Ive made it.So, khalas!!!

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 12:58 PM
lolz, im sorry, i was just telling u the truth, seriously, physics man!!!! bleh!!!!

altho i got gud grades in science at school

MetSudaisTwice
11-08-2005, 12:58 PM
salam
am just saying what i learnt today at college
wasalam

Sanobar
11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
salam!
well i had a hectic day today....i'd rather call it horrible;)...we had litrelly 4 hours of math today....actually we had three but then we got a free hour and there was our math lecturer ...:( i thgt my head was gonna explode or sumthing...;) lol.....and the rest of the hours we had indian economics...:( and accounts.... dat was atleast a little refreshing...lol!

ma'salamah

Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
4 hours of maths!!!! jeez woman!! howd u cope with that?

Rabi'ay:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-08-2005, 01:06 PM
salam
i think i would faint if that happened to me
really...
wasalam

Sanobar
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
4 hours of maths!!!! jeez woman!! howd u cope with that?

Rabi'ay:rose:
well iknw it was horrible....our hands were like numb...believe me...! ;);)
well yeah bro we were on the verge of fainting....:);)but then ALLAH showed mercy ...!lol
ma'salamah

MetSudaisTwice
11-08-2005, 01:22 PM
salam
he or allah showed mercy?
wasalam

Khaldun
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM

How does indian economics work?

*curious to know*

Sanobar
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
indian economics....is all crap.....seriously its no use.....just the same law of demand law of supply.....it goes on being repeated thru out the year....yet its intresting lol.......;)

salam
he or allah showed mercy?
wasalam
OHH.....ALLAH showed mercy...! lol

m_2005
11-08-2005, 04:54 PM

Had 3 Lessons today, Physics, learnt about Momentum, and how the formula works etc.......

Electronics, Still MORE project work

Maths, doing Differentiation

Make dua that Allah makes it easy for me to understand the work, and retain it when I need it

Sanobar
11-09-2005, 09:33 AM
salam!
well i just finished my studies have the last hr computers...:):) well was not atall a hectic dayy did...limits in math and trigonometry...:( and ac----s and yeah french too!:)
ma'salaam

Z
11-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Peace.

Shame on all of you who go to school to learn!

Anyone know where Salafi Female has got to? Ha.

Sanobar
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Peace.

Shame on all of you who go to school to learn!

hmmm.....wat did we do bro????? :confused::uuh:

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sanobar
hmmm.....wat did we do bro????? :confused::uuh:

Ignore him.....:mad: Its not his fault.....

Z
11-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Peace.

I think you got the wrong interpretation of the shame. Sorry.

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 03:27 PM
oh come on !
i cud just gv out a "lol" after reading his post ! :smile:

:sl: Ur just as bad....:playing:

Z
11-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Peace.

Zak, leave it. Some people have problems of their own and quite evidently can't deal with them. I don't blame them.

Sanobar
11-09-2005, 03:32 PM
ohh kkk.....it was meant to be funny????? well dat looked more sarcastic...:) anyhow we better get back onthe topic.... :)

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 03:35 PM

I watched the other half of the film: Gaticco....in my bio lesson. It was susch a moving film.*sobs*

In phyics I revised for my BIG BIG BIG test for tomorrow.

Allah ma3akum

h1jabi_sista
11-09-2005, 07:53 PM

what did i learn?

WHAT DID I LEARN?

I LEARNT MY TEACHERS ARE GOING ON STRIKE ON WEDNESDAY AND I REALLY NEED TO PASS MY COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Halima
11-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I got a 94.5% on my math test.

and I got a 97% on my peer-mediation presentation.

nafy
11-09-2005, 08:12 PM
well done sis :)
well...........today i learnt.........i aint gonna pass dis course :(

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
I got a 94.5% on my math test.

and I got a 97% on my peer-mediation presentation.

MashAllah sis.:loving: :loving: :loving: :loving:

That is suh good news....we ought to celebrate:playing:

Plz make dua for me: I have my Physics test today and a maths modular Exam on monday.:-\

Allah ma3ik
p.s: Keep up the good work sis.:loving: :loving: :loving:

Sanobar
11-11-2005, 09:27 AM
mashallah sis halimah !! good %!

well did loads of things today really tired to even type...;)

Ameeratul Layl
11-11-2005, 03:07 PM

I had:

Bio: did about how hormones and other stuff like amino acids are pushed in and out of cells. U know....that weid stuff.lol.
Physics: Carried on with new topic. Had the first formula for this topic. Not gna tell u wat it is....otherwise ur just gna drop on the keyboard (basiaclly, its kinda boring). I did enjoy the subject, though, there was a little....conflicted atmosphere cuz of wat happened!!! bt hey!!! It was a fun day!!!

Allah ma3ak

nafy
11-11-2005, 04:50 PM
today......i learnt sumfin bout da computer settings thingy....
sumfin lyk da 'fdisk' and 'partitioning sumfin or da other'......
*sigh* man i feel thick lol ;)

- Qatada -
11-11-2005, 04:57 PM
masha Allaah thats good. keep at it and insha Allaah keep praying and you'll get better & better. the worst thing to do is give up even though it might feel like thats the only option.. but with Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala's help - anythin can happen so dont worry, insha Allaah you'll pass with good/high marks.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

nafy
11-11-2005, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
masha Allaah thats good. keep at it and insha Allaah keep praying and you'll get better & better. the worst thing to do is give up even though it might feel like thats the only option.. but with Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala's help - anythin can happen so dont worry, insha Allaah you'll pass with good/high marks.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
THNX 4 DA DUAS BRO :)
I DO WANNA PASS INSHALLAH.....BUT IT JUS DONT LUK LYK ITS GONNA HAPPEN 2 TELL YA DA TRUTH :laugh:
BUT I HOPE UR RITE BRO :)
THNK U

nafy
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
fdisk ? :eek:
don't try it on ur comp !

always use other's for tht ;)
YEH DAS RYT BRO 'fdisk' STUPID INNIT.....I DONT GET IT LOL ;)
HEHEHE....YEH I WONT TRY.........I'LL END UP DOIN
SUMFIN STUPID 2 MA COMP. LOL

Ameeratul Layl
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM

Just had chemistry.....wat a drag of a lesson I had today.*sigh*

Lecturer went on and on and on about alkenes and alkanes.

I dont think it wud have been that bad if I didnt have a cold. Bunged up to the max.:rant:

And then, my lecturer (who im beginning to hate) bought Saudi Arabia into the lesson. He sed that the stuff on the roads kinda melts. The class blurted out in laughter. FREAKS!!!!
aND THEN.......he sed 'oh well, it doesnt exactly melt is just goes soft'.Wat a silly lecturer. Grrr.

Anyway, he sed sumthing about oil and one of the two boy freaks saya:'yeah, we cud get the oil no problem......just nick it.'

I cudnt take it anymore so I sed:

'u already bloody have, wat more do u want?'

The room fell silent....until the lecturer went on and on about stupid alkenes again.

Horrid lesson....but i think I learnt enuf for one day.:rant:

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-15-2005, 12:26 PM
salam
watched hamlet for english, then had i.t and did coursework
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-15-2005, 12:27 PM
salam
watched hamlet for english, then had i.t and did coursework
wasalam

ooohhh...thats nice.:coolious:

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 12:26 PM

Today I had Physics (first lesson). I was dying of a cold but I just had to come into college today.
Anyway, Jane (lecturer) showed me my cw so far and she was well impressed which alternatively put a smile on my face. She was surprised to see that Id even done my evaluation. I hope its gud.:playing:
Then, we did sum experiments....it was to do with rarefraction and com.....forgot the word ...sorry!!

It was amazing!! Im not going to go into deatil about it cuz its going to take me...AGES!!lol.

Anyway, then I had the Ultimate biology. Wow!!! We watched this film about a girl who took ecstacy on her 18th b'day. It was sad.....cuz....she passed away.:-\ Then again, she shudnt have been silly enough to take it.:rant:

Thats about it.
I have maths from 7-9pm today. So ill be in college till then. InshAllah.

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 01:16 PM
salam
had I.C.T and english
did coursework and essay respectively
wasalam

nafy
11-18-2005, 05:19 PM
SALAAMZ
omg am soooooooo happy!! 4 da first tym i was able 2 put
2getha da PC perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
take care
w/salaamz

Bint-Al-Islam
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
As-salam alekum wr wb

Hmm wat did i learn?

I learn anything that the teachers teach me..

Walekum-salam wr wb..

~Raindrop~
11-21-2005, 02:38 PM
salaams. we were supposed to have english but the teacher decided not to turn up. so... what did i learn? iv been on this forum nearly the whole time so i did learn quite a bit( j k to all the knowledgeable brothers and sisters). wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-21-2005, 02:50 PM
salam
had I.C.T from half 12 till 2
just did my coursework
wasalam

habib
11-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Slaam

had, Chemistry, Physics and Bio.
arrrh Tomorrow i have to say about Computer infront of all students and i didn't read yet .. lol ..

Ameeratul Layl
11-21-2005, 03:49 PM

I just finished having chemistry. Wat a load of lardee daa. But, it was intersting ...did i say intersting!!lol.

I had biology in the morning, it was...okay. All about enzymes. the active wats it called and the substrate.:playing:

Nice day. had hot choco all day...muwahahaha.

*ahem*
sorry, i think its reacting (taking its toll) on me now.lol.

Allah ma3akum

Sanobar
11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
^ :lol: sis!

well i had as usual math ,......having tests these days.....really hard ones u knw! ;) and wat else .....had economics....*boring* kept yawning thru out the class......and yeah french ......had fun there! :) :lol:
ma'salamah

Ameeratul Layl
11-21-2005, 03:57 PM
^ :lol: sis!

Why the lol for?:-\

Allah ma3ik

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:30 PM

today I had chemistry...thats it for today!!

I messed around with wat u call: poly mods.
Dnt know wat they are? Ahh...okay, they are colourful balls that u play around with to form compounds and stuff.
Its all so much fun!!

I cant believe it! I made a...err...forgot wat its called. The teacher sais:'can u produce the structure of wat u have just made onto paper?'

At first, i was a little apprehensive. But u know wat? I DID IT!! mashAllah.
I was hyper for the rest of the lesson. the teacher was in stiches cuz every two mins...i kept asking for more work.

I think im getting there ppl!!lol.

Allah ma3akum

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:45 PM
:salaam:
today i bunked off 2 lessons. but bro MST gave me a great excuse. bless.:coolious: :w:

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
:salaam:
today i bunked off 2 lessons. but bro MST gave me a great excuse. bless.:coolious: :w:

sis, its not gud to 'bunk off' lessons. And br mst ought to know better.

U really must study sis.not be proud of NOT studying.

Allah ma3ik

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:47 PM
ps Ameeratul Layl u r sooooooooooooooooo cleva Mashallah.
wassalam

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:48 PM
sis, its not gud to 'bunk off' lessons. And br mst ought to know better.

U really must study sis.not be proud of NOT studying.

Allah ma3ik
oy leave him alone hes a life-saver!!!!!!!
i kno its not gud, i cant help it!
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:49 PM
ps Ameeratul Layl u r sooooooooooooooooo cleva Mashallah.
wassalam

No im not sister. Plz dont say that.

Allah ma3ik
wat did u learn the last tym u went to skool sis?

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:53 PM
salaam
last tym i went to school? that was AGES ago. but i think we did maths. oh yeah, i remember now, probability, averages, that crap. *yawn*
wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 04:02 PM
salam
unusually just had the most boring lesson of ICT, it was 2 hours full of writing and no computers
wasalam

solid_snake
11-23-2005, 03:27 AM
about female sexuality

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
about female sexuality

:omg:

Ya Allah!!

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 01:12 PM

Today, I had physics and was meant to have biology but the teacher was not in.:-\ :skeleton:

Physics:
Was meant to have atest today, but the teacher so happened to have thought it was tomorrow. So, she kindly sed we can have it on Friday instead. SubhanAllah!! Allah listened to my plea during fajr.lol.

Anyway, she gave back my coursework which so far I only have 14 out of 22-which is..errr...*puts on her thinking hijab*.....64%

But, she hinted that she wanted to get higher so I have a solid A. So, I have to amend a few parts and add a few bits to it.

Other than that, she went on to talk about...emmm.....harmoincs and overtones. I was (cant believe im saying this) rather interesting!!SubhanAllah!!1

Anyway, like I said. There was no biology because the teacher was not in.:rant: :raging: But, we were given sum research to do about enzymes and the word: catalase.
Ive done it!! Al hamdullilah.

Thats it for now.
I have maths from 7-9pm. So, ill be in college till then. Not going home, too much running around for mommy and its not fair for her to be running around so much. She needs to rest.:-\ :coolious:

Allah m3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
salam
am free!!! just finished english lesson, was writng up transformation text
wasalam

h1jabi_sista
11-23-2005, 08:31 PM
as salam alikum,

what a busy day! subhanallah!

I learnt how to put together an arabic sentence.

ahlan, masaa al khayr, ana ismee hijabi sista wa ana min biritania.
Khayfa haluka?

well actually thats two!

Ameeratul Layl
11-24-2005, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
as salam alikum,

what a busy day! subhanallah!

I learnt how to put together an arabic sentence.

ahlan, masaa al khayr, ana ismee hijabi sista wa ana min biritania.
Khayfa haluka?

well actually thats two!

MashAllah habibati. ur arabic is good!Keep it up!

Ana bikhayr wal hamdullilah.

Allah ma3ik

MetSudaisTwice
11-24-2005, 10:42 AM
salam
today i learnt......NOTHING
lol
becasue i havent got a lesson till 1pm inshallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-24-2005, 10:42 AM

So far....
I have had chemistry. I had to do sum funny experiment to do with alkenes and stuff. I really enjoyed it! The boy i was working with is meant to be a MATURE student but acts his shoe size:mad:
But....i got it done with reliable results so thats fine!!:coolious:

I have physics later on. 2:30pm to be precise.:-\
Ya Allah!!

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-24-2005, 10:45 AM
salam
^^^^lol^^^^^
i hope i have an easy day today inshallah
wasalam

sapphire
11-24-2005, 10:52 AM
today...i learn.....NOTHING.....coz i went to school and came back in half an hour after the GCSE module exam...am ill....

Ameeratul Layl
11-24-2005, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
today...i learn.....NOTHING.....coz i went to school and came back in half an hour after the GCSE module exam...am ill....

Awww....i hope you get better soon. InshAllah.

Allah ma3ik:loving:

solid_snake
11-26-2005, 04:25 AM

Ya Allah!!

Allah ma3ak
LOL! It was interesting. Men and women in the west is a cool course.

this may come as a shock to you sis but we got education on sex from grade 5.

Ameeratul Layl
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM

Today, I had the best time in my bio lesson. SubhanAllah! I was sooooo hyped up. I cracked numerous jokes, sum that were funny and sum....well, the blank faces sed it all!:playing:

I did and experiment to do with enzymes. It was intersting wen it got going. At first, the silly green liquid (which I called) ' the boogie man's blood' was not working. Then, I used the blue liquid (didn have a name for that). My partner sed I was a MAD MAD scientists. It was nice to make ppl laugh in my bio class. The teacher was in stitches. I didnt know I was so funny.

Oh! this boy sed to me:
'U plonka, uve tipped half of the acid on your hand'.
I sed: 'and who asked for your opinion'....I added.....'i didnt rattle ur cage'.
He looked at me, as though to say; whoa.....chill out.

I then went on to say:' if u kept ur feathers still, ur cage wudnt rattle wud it????!!!!!'

The teacher burst out laughing and so did the others. For the first tym in my life: I stood up to a boy!!wahooooo!!!!

Honestly brothers and sisters:
I think the blessings of praying fajr are kicking in!!!!!

well, ill zip now.....i have physics later.
OH NO!!!! I didn tell u the TOP NEWS.

I got my bio cw results back.....guess wat!!!!!!! I GOT A*.....AL HMADULLILAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until I tell mommy....shell be over the moon and stars. I think ill giv her a ring right now.lol.

Allah m3akum
pssttt....I got an A* wahooooooo. I luv Allah soooooooooooo much!!!:loving: :loving:

Rabi'ya
11-28-2005, 12:08 PM
MashAllah sis, that hard work paid off in the end didnt it:)

I am soo happy for you...

Ameeratul Layl
11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
MashAllah sis, that hard work paid off in the end didnt it:)

I am soo happy for you...

I know. JazakAllah for the kind words sis.muwah!!!!

Allah ma3ik:loving: :loving: :loving:

MetSudaisTwice
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
salam
still waitng for first lesson at half 12
wasalam

Hisbul_Aziz
11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
im about to go to skoool later
skool usualy starts at 8
but they put 2 hours back 4 some reason

MetSudaisTwice
11-28-2005, 12:15 PM
salam
bro who is that in your avatar? he looks familiar for some reason??
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-28-2005, 12:23 PM
salaam
got english at 1. have to hand in my presentation. eeeeeeek! i hate speaking in front of everyone. *prepares to fail*
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
salam
don't worry sis, am sure you will pass, just fear allah and allah will make your situation easier for you inshallah
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
salaam
jazakallah bro
wassalaam

~Raindrop~
11-29-2005, 04:14 PM
salaam
just finished an r.e. lesson. it was, well, interesting.(marriage and the family) some entertaining discussions. thats about it.
wassalaam

nafy
11-29-2005, 04:30 PM
i learnt nothing at college 2day
and on top of dat we were left out early cus da college was closing up
early cus of da snow hehehe ;)

~Raindrop~
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
salaam
i was supposed to have a free morning but my friend dragged me off to her as urdu class. funny, coz i havent done my gcse even, but it was really easy. i dont want to start the class tho as its SO boring.
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
salam
got lessons at 1 till 2 and then 3 till 5
do pray for me to have an easy mock exam for english
i am really dreading the two hour exam:-\ :-\
waslam

~Raindrop~
12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
salaam
just put your trust in Allah and you'll be fine inshallah.
iv got maths at 1 till 4....ewwwww.
wassalaam

Sanobar
12-01-2005, 11:41 AM
salam!
got my exmaz .....got math paper 1 tomm...just atook a break for a while.....i hate it when it comes to practising math for hours and hours...! :(:(:(
pray for me guyz ...i hope the paper tomm is easy...!
ma'salamah

MetSudaisTwice
12-01-2005, 11:42 AM
salam
inshallah i will pray for you and everyone else and pray for me too
wasalam

Sanobar
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
inshaAllah bro....u'll alwayz be there in my prayers.....btw jazkaAllah for the reps.....!!!!!! :):):)

Muezzin
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM

Today we learned about leases.

Enthralling.

...that was sarcasm.

nafy
12-01-2005, 01:48 PM
^^ lol ;)

2day i learnt about 'E-Consumer Awareness' lol....weirdddddddd ;)

hidaayah
12-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Assalam u Alaikum,
we studied about lenses and trignometry today and gave two HUGE tests...
wassalam

Sanobar
12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
salam!
well my math exam was awesome.......obviously u guyz prayed for me.....!!:):):) am soo happy... got a two day break now....got math paper 2 on monday..... inshaAllah with ur prayers and my hardwrk iwill be able to do my best !
inshaAllah! :)
ma'salamah

~Raindrop~
12-02-2005, 03:47 PM
salaam
had tutorial...this guy came and gave us a lecture on verbal warnings, getting in trouble, the usual. skipped 3/4 of it. it was so BOOOOOOOORRRRINNNNNNNNG.
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 03:49 PM
salam
had 2 hours of english, analysing the ways of spoken languages and it participants
wasalam

Sanobar
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
salam
had 2 hours of english, analysing the ways of spoken languages and it participants
wasalam
just english..? i cant do english for 2 hrs...dat'll kill me .....! half hr is just it for me..:lol:

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
salam
that is just today, next thursday it will be for three hours, now that will kill me, sitting in the same chair for THREE HOURS:-\ :-\ :-\
i guess i'll start daydreaming about LI midway through the lesson:brother:
wasalam

sapphire
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
2 hrs english???wow!!!thats one of the lessons i sleep in.....had no lessons...ill like usual....missing to much these days......

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 04:05 PM
salam
ill, eh sis?? lol i guess you don't like english then, it is a good subject:-\
i really can't wait for the three hour lesson!!!!!
wasalam
PS: i was being sarcastic by the way lol

sapphire
12-02-2005, 04:07 PM
lol...oh English is allrite..im just rubbish at it so puts me off...more into maths and science....

MetSudaisTwice
12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
salam
lol i hate maths and science, it's not my cup of tea those two subjects
lol i love english, computing and business which are the subjects i study in A2
studying them is one thing but studying english literature and language for three hours is another different and boring matter
lol
wasalam

Sanobar
12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
i hate science too.......but math is good ,its intresting...buisness is also kool.....:):):)

sapphire
12-02-2005, 04:20 PM
i hated science aswell coz i never knew my potential...but i was pushed up by my teacher........

safwana
12-02-2005, 04:26 PM

in hadith i learnt about imaan in quraan i learnt about hw the prophet saw jibreel twice in his actual form! alhamdulillah nd in fiqh i learnt sumthing new 2subhanaalah through allahs mercy?

Sanobar
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safwana

in hadith i learnt about imaan in quraan i learnt about hw the prophet saw jibreel twice in his actual form! alhamdulillah nd in fiqh i learnt sumthing new 2subhanaalah through allahs mercy?

mashaAllah sister....!:coolsis: :coolsis: :coolsis:

nafy
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
today i learnt.......
i only got less then 2 weeks to hand in my assignment......
im doomedddddddddddddddddddd :(

Muezzin
12-02-2005, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafy_luvz_u
today i learnt.......
i only got less then 2 weeks to hand in my assignment......
im doomedddddddddddddddddddd :(
In Uni, two weeks is HEAVEN.

Finding out you have an assigment to hand in tomorrow, however, is hell.

Scratch that, finding out you have an assignment to hand in today is hell.

'Aw, man, that essay took all night, but I'm glad I've done it and handed it in on time. All things considered, it's a damn good essay.

-What essay?'

nafy
12-02-2005, 06:13 PM
^^ lol hehehehe ;)

bro im seriously doomed though :(
i hate ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :(

Sanobar
12-08-2005, 10:14 AM
got an exam tomm in accounts......pray for me that i do well :):):):)

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-08-2005, 10:42 AM
well, today i was going to have three tests out of which two were taken..
n the day went go0d coz we dint study much as exams are starting from saturday..so im looking forward to my first paper, ENglish.

nafy
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
salaamz
today i learnt about potential threats to organisations online and data encryption.......*sigh*....i feel dazed lol ;)
w/salaamz

Muezzin
12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafy_luvz_u
salaamz
today i learnt about potential threats to organisations online and data encryption.......*sigh*....i feel dazed lol ;)
w/salaamz
Oooh. Did you learn about the Data Protection Act? That's some badass legislation which will be very handy in my essay on Privacy and get me a nice mark.

...Maybe. :p

nafy
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
yeh i did actually..... ;)
hummmm lolz....hope dis helps bro... :)

Data Protection Principles

First Principle
Personal data shall be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met in the case of all processing of personal data (except where a relevant exemption applies):

The data subject has given their consent to the processing
The processing is necessary: for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or
for the taking of steps at the request of the data subject with a view to entering into a contract.
The processing is necessary to comply with any legal obligation to which the data controller is subject, other than an obligation imposed by contract.
The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject.
Additionally in the case of sensitive data at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.

Please also see the guidance about fair processing notices.

Second Principle
Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

Third Principle
Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed

Fourth Principle
Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

Fifth Principle
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes

Sixth Principle
Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act

Seventh Principle
Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

Eighth Principle
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:11 PM
salam!

i finished my examz today........*yipeeeee* all of them were good i got my math marks and they are not all that badd....:):)...:lol:
ma'salamah

Z
12-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Salaam.

Hey, that's a thumbs up for you then Sanobar. Well done!

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Hey, that's a thumbs up for you then Sanobar. Well done!
jazakAllah bro...! pray that i get good marks in other subjects too!!!!!:coolious: :coolious: :coolious:

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
in school i have learnt
A. never trust teachers.
B. when your doing something wrong act as if its right. you draw less attention that way.
C. when your in trouble for doing something wrong, agree with the teacher eg they say: that was a very bad thing to do. you say: yes, i realise that now. they say: i want you to change. you say: i will.
you get out of trouble quicker that way.
D. coffee is very addictive.
E. let me think.....
wassalaam

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
ps sis sanober mashallah. am pleased for you :):):):):):)

Zuko
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
salam!

i finished my examz today........*yipeeeee* all of them were good i got my math marks and they are not all that badd....:):)...:lol:
ma'salamah
Oh you should've heard what my teacher said when I got my math grades...

Teacher: You got an A
Me: aahh AWESOME!
Teacher: Sister, that's not your real grade
Me: What?
Teacher: That's not your real grade, I'm just being nice. You deserve an F...

:enough!: :mad: But good job on 'earning' good grades... :sister:

Z
12-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Salaam.

Yeah Sanobar, let us know when you get them won't you. I'd like a piece of the cake too. Ha.

Aisha, never trust teachers? What the, why bother going to school then? Ha, I sometimes fight with my tutors. We're allowed to, and most of the times I win.

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Salaam.

Aisha, never trust teachers? What the, why bother going to school then? Ha, I sometimes fight with my tutors. We're allowed to, and most of the times I win.
lucky you. :)
i dont go to school so i can trust teachers :?:?:?

Z
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Salaam.

You went to school to learn. If you can't trust your teachers, would you still believe what they teach you is correct?

Oh forget it. Never mind.

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Oh you should've heard what my teacher said when I got my math grades...

Teacher: You got an A
Me: aahh AWESOME!
Teacher: Sister, that's not your real grade
Me: What?
Teacher: That's not your real grade, I'm just being nice. You deserve an F...

:enough!: :mad: But good job on 'earning' good grades... :sister:

ohh mannn....thats bad.......!:confused: :confused: jazakAllah sis!!!:loving:

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Salaam.

Yeah Sanobar, let us know when you get them won't you. I'd like a piece of the cake too. Ha.

fight with teachers??? :lol: we aint allowed to talk to teachers anyhting except studies!lol

jazakAllah sis aisha ....!

and yeah bro Z i'll surely tell ya guyz my marks....is they are good enuff!:lol:

Z
12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Salaam.

No no, not fight as in put those mitts on and let's the punch the lights out of each other. Verbally. Like on ideas, thoughts, and opinions. We do it almost every day. It's fun stuff, a good laugh.

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Salaam.

No no, not fight as in put those mitts on and let's the punch the lights out of each other. Verbally. Like on ideas, thoughts, and opinions. We do it almost every day. It's fun stuff, a good laugh.

ohk.....we do that too in our english clas it soo much fun...! :coolious: :coolious: :coolious: :coolious:

sapphire
12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
i learnt my english teacher is ill...and that my P.E teacher was in the basketball olympics and that she is training us to become soilders like we are in boot camp(i scived the lesson)and i learnt about the scientific theory regarding the big bang...and also about evolution...... so we are doing about evolution and about big bang in both science and islamic studies.....two opposite views.....

Sanobar
12-12-2005, 10:07 AM
salam!
well we did nothing much today got out marks.... i got a 70 in accounts and math got an A ....will get the rest of the mrks tomm.....it was a boring day!:(:(
ma'salamah

hidaayah
12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I had my urdu exam today..and it was excelleenntt!!
Assalam u Alaikum

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 10:45 AM
salam
me?? today i learnt nothing.....so far!!
i have first lesson at half 12 inshallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM

I had a quiz and came second (bio).

Then, my teacher gave a me a certificate for full attendance in his class. Nice strt to the day.:)
I have chemistry at 2:30pm.:mad:

Allah ma3akum

Sanobar
12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
salam!
bravo sis Ameeratul layl!and mashAllah :lol:

well doing my math hoemwrk....its soo boring...the sinand cos is killinme!!!!:(:(:(
ma'salamah

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 03:25 PM
salam
had I.T, it was a good and easy lesson although it was 1 and a hlaf hour long
wasalam

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 03:31 PM
salam
was supposed to have english but i came in too late. :):):)
is there any point staying for lessons? im leaving on friday.
wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
salam
lessons are there to educate you and for you to attend
lol
yeah finish on friday for holidays
wasalam

Muezzin
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Masha'alla sis Ameeratul Layl.

Got a 2.1 on my Land Law coursework. That's like the equivalent of a B.

Do the somewhat happy dance.

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 03:38 PM
salam
lol mashallah bro congrats on your grade
yep lol do the happy carlton dance
wasalam

Z
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Salaam.

I didn't go today. I umm woke up late ... I think. Can't wait for the X-Mas break!

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
salam
lessons are there to educate you and for you to attend
lol
yeah finish on friday for holidays
wasalam
salaam
i meant leaving as in not coming back(applies to this forum too :'()
im using my last few days to bug the teachers :):):)
wassalaam

safwana
12-12-2005, 04:35 PM

in quraan i learnt about the bani israeel, in hadith i lernt what to say if shaytan puts bad thoughts in ur head,and in fiqh i'm still doing the section on taharat.

Z
12-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Salaam.

Leaving this forum maybe a good idea Aisha, but leaving education isn't. Less you have something better waiting after, which incase I wouldn't know less I know what it is.

So am I safe in assuming your a student of Islam Safwana? Very good, there was a point once too where I wanted to become a student of Islam and nothing else.

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 04:40 PM
^^mashallah sis. may Allah increase your knowledge. wat course are you doing?

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Salaam.

Leaving this forum maybe a good idea Aisha, but leaving education isn't. Less you have something better waiting after, which incase I wouldn't know less I know what it is.

So am I safe in assuming your a student of Islam Safwana? Very good, there was a point once too where I wanted to become a student of Islam and nothing else.
aaaarrrrrgh bro z....im only leaving colege so i can complete my alimah course. i'll still be studying but in a different place. make dua it goes well please.
wassalaam

Z
12-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Salaam.

Oh, that's good Aisha. May Allah make you an Aalimah by knowledge, words, and action.

safwana
12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
^^mashallah sis. may Allah increase your knowledge. wat course are you doing?

m doing the aalimah course.alhamdulillah

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 05:24 PM
^^me too. iv done 1 and a half years and iv got 3 and a half left. wat year are you in?

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Salaam.

Oh, that's good Aisha. May Allah make you an Aalimah by knowledge, words, and action.
aameen thumma ameen.

safwana
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
^^me too. iv done 1 and a half years and iv got 3 and a half left. wat year are you in?

im in the 4th year got exam in 2 weeks make dua 4 me ment to be revising.

~Raindrop~
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safwana
im in the 4th year got exam in 2 weeks make dua 4 me ment to be revising.
inshallah sis. and if your meant to be revising, then do it. especially if the exams so close. :-\ so your in mishkaat...

nafy
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
today i learnt........i should have been paying attention 2 ma work instead of watching dat scary jinn video....now im gonna have nightmares!! :(

karim
12-12-2005, 10:24 PM

i don`t know if you guys will understand french cause i go to french school.i learn a lot of things like etude social.

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
salam!
well i do understand frnch but not all of it..just the bits....:lol: iam still learning!

well i did math at college today .....mannn it was lazy day....had 3 hrs of accounts .....*yawn*and english .....i got my marks and i got a A! :):)
ma'salamah

MetSudaisTwice
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM
salam
had english and i.c.t
learnt a lot of things but it is too long to explain and you will all probably fall asleep anyway, lol
wasalam

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
salam
had english and i.c.t
learnt a lot of things but it is too long to explain and you will all probably fall asleep anyway, lol
wasalam
lol bro..... wats i.c.t??????neva heard abt it b4:confused:

MetSudaisTwice
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
salam
lol
I.C.T= Information Communication Technology
wasalam

~Raindrop~
12-14-2005, 02:26 PM
^^to do with computers :):)

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
:okay: :happy: i get it now....ohk we call it IT here in india!:coolious:

MetSudaisTwice
12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
salam
we call it IT too, but i prefer I.C.T
lol
wasalam

~Raindrop~
12-14-2005, 02:34 PM
lol thats cos it sounds more posh. :giggling:

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:34 PM
salam!

ohh okk ....and yeah btw i forgot to mention my frnch marks i got a 88 /100 ...and am not happy with my marks.....:(:( i was expecting a 99 :lol:
ma'salamah

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:36 PM
lol thats cos it sounds more posh. :giggling:
:giggling::giggling: nahh IT sounds better....! :nervous: :lol:

MetSudaisTwice
12-14-2005, 02:36 PM
salam
lol, some say high expectations but for me to achieve that in french would be virtually impossible, lol
yeah sis aisha it is more posh lol
I.C.T
wasalam

Sanobar
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
wats ur 2nd lang btw...if u have any.....i mean we have in options arabic,french,sanskrit,urdu .....and soem regional langs...! i opted for frch coz my sis mehnaz had also taken frch and i was like ok....letme try a hand too.....but its hard......!:(

~Raindrop~
12-14-2005, 02:47 PM
salaam
i was supposed to be doing gcse arabic but i dropped out. reason being, the work they were doing i'd already done.
wassalaam

Ameeratul Layl
12-15-2005, 10:24 AM

Okay, today is the last day as we break up for christmas holidays (boooooo).

Anyway, I had chemistry....

These 2 boys had sausages over the bunsen burner and were making sausage sandwiches for everyone.
The same 2 boys were entertaining the rest of us with lab made fireworks....it was amazing. Purple...orange sparkles.....:)

I just sat and watched....Ive left the lab with everyone still enjoying themselves. It stank so I had to rush out!!! You cant even see where u are going due to all the smoke!The sausages parlour was hilarious, never seen such haramly dedicated ppl.:playing: :playing:

I got a certificate from my chem teacher for 100% attendance. Something else I can slot into my folder!:) :coolsis:

I have physics and I have a funny feeling sumthing funny and embarssing is going to happen.:-\ :phew :playing:

Ill let you know wat went on.....

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
12-15-2005, 10:34 AM
salam
lol mashallah and well done on your certificate sis
wasalam

Muttawa
12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I never learn much.....college is boring.:-\

MetSudaisTwice
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
salam
going to have first lesson at 1 inshallah
wasalam
PS: what collge you go bro muttawa?

Muttawa
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
salam
going to have first lesson at 1 inshallah
wasalam
PS: what collge you go bro muttawa?

I dont wish to say brother.

~Raindrop~
12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muttawa
I never learn much.....college is boring.:-\

i know...unless you decide to improve lessons.
ahem

Muezzin
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
salaam
i was supposed to be doing gcse arabic but i dropped out. reason being, the work they were doing i'd already done.
wassalaam
Surely it'd be better to take it then, because you'd be more likely to get higher grades as you already had a preview of the course. :brother:

Ameeratul Layl
12-15-2005, 02:02 PM

Yes brother, I agree. :)
Plus! That would be an extra GSCE.:)

Allah ma3ik

~Raindrop~
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
salaam
i needed to concentrate on the grammar...they were doing basic stuff like: a trip to the post office.
id done all that ages ago.
wassalaam

Ameeratul Layl
12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
salaam
i needed to concentrate on the grammar...they were doing basic stuff like: a trip to the post office.
id done all that ages ago.
wassalaam

Well carry on with it.:)
Then....there will be no reason for you to fail my little angel.:coolsis: :loving:

Allah ma3ik

MetSudaisTwice
12-15-2005, 02:20 PM
salam
just had i.c.t
hardly anyone turned up as usual coz it is the last day, oh well thier loss not mine
lesson was interesting by the way
wasalam

nafy
12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
salaamz,
today i learnt i had a day off college....and i went 4 no reason...
probably wasnt listening wen we got told lol...oh well ;)
and i handed my assignment in yesterday!! woohooooo!!!!!!!
1 down and 2 still 2 go lol :( ;)

Sis_ReNa
12-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Iam learning about reflexoligy and aromatheropy :sister:
salam walakum
Rena

Sanobar
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
salam!
well at college today i attended commerce calss and bunked the rest of them..... and wa sin the canteen:lol::lol:
ma'salamah

sapphire
12-22-2005, 03:12 PM
awww poor u still got to go..most of us on holiday rite?????

nafy
12-22-2005, 04:06 PM
yep me on holiday!! woohooo!!!
but i got soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much work 2 do its ridiculous!!! have 2 hand in two loooooooong assignments in wen i get back!!
tut tut!! ;)

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Salaam

Nothing cause we broke up

Shadow
12-23-2005, 06:43 PM
today at school i leanred that even teachers can make the dumbest mistakes!!!!!

i was shocked :enough!:

nafy
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
that sounds real interesting!! wat happened?!?!?!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.