/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What you plan to achieve in the next 10 years?

m_2005
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Assalamualaikum,

This question goes specifically to the people on this board studying AS-A Levels. I was just wondering, in the next 10 years what do you want to have achieved? Degree? Career? Marriage? Just thought it would be interesting to see which careers the muslims on this forum are pusuing, would be good to see if we have more muslim doctors and engineers, as muslims were at the forefront of these fields, years ago.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
:sl:

I am currently studying (at college):

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics

I intend to be one of the many:

Dentist (Women and children ONLY)
Gynocologist
Midwife
Scientist

I intend to live my life in Saudi Arabia and travel through the Middle East. I dont know about marriage as.....well, we wont discuss that.

I hope I have answered ur question(s).

Allah ma3ak.
Wat about urself brother?

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 12:11 PM
salam
currently studying:
English Combined
I.C.T
General Studies

Future inshallah:
work in the i.c.t industry
work in business industry
own a couple of properties
wasalam

m_2005
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Right now I am studying

AS Level Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics

In the next 10 years, I plan to start and finish hifz, before I start Uni, and after Hifz and Sixth form, spend a year in a darul uloom in South Africa doing revision of what I have learnt, and learning Qiraat.

After that go to Uni, study communications engineering, move to the middle-east/North Africa, get a job there......

(Thats the plan anyway)

W/salams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005
Right now I am studying

AS Level Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics

In the next 10 years, I plan to start and finish hifz, before I start Uni, and after Hifz and Sixth form, spend a year in a darul uloom in South Africa doing revision of what I have learnt, and learning Qiraat.

After that go to Uni, study communications engineering, move to the middle-east/North Africa, get a job there......

(Thats the plan anyway)

W/salams

The last bit is a similar to mine.
InshAllah everything will work out for you.Ameen.

:coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 01:18 PM
salam
ameen to everyones future plans
please make dua for me to be sucessful in this life and Hereafter inshallah
wasalam

m_2005
10-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Well its either a degree in Communications Engineering, or to do Aalim, Undecided yet.
:w:

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
salam
inshallah bro
wasalam

Genius
10-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Done A-levels and on an undergraduate degree, but in 10 years i would like:

A wife

3 kids (atleast one son)

World revolution against injustice/capitalism/imperialism especially in Muslim lands but not limited to them.

Help my brother and sister to go through Uni, damn tuition fees.

A new ipod with video.

And many good friends.

Thats about it......

EDIT: More;

Speak fluent arabic.

Speak fluent Japanese.

Be more charitable.

EDIT 2:

Be really strong physically.

Have shoulder length hair.

Have the wackest beard ever.

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
salam
mashallah lol bro, i wouldn't mnid the last three, but not a wacky beard just a nice simple straight beard like SS
wasalam

Genius
10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I forgot to say inshallah, and make dua for me inshallah.

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
salam
inshallah i will make dua for you and everyone too
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Have the wackest beard ever.[/QUOTE]

:sl: wats that mean bro?

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 02:59 PM
salam
don't know sis, but it doesn't sound nice!!!lol
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
don't know sis, but it doesn't sound nice!!!lol
wasalam

Wat u mean it dont sound nice? :confused:

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
salam
wacky it might mean untidy or unusual looking beard lol
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
salam
wacky it might mean untidy or unusual looking beard lol
wasalam

Shame on u brother...genius :p
Then again.....who am I to say anything, I dont even have a beard ;D

*ahem*.

Sorry, work is getting to my head.

I hope evry1's GOOD dreams cum true. Including myn :wub:
Ameen!

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
ameen

Halima
10-17-2005, 11:32 PM
After I graudate high school which is in 8 months :) I would like to go to college to be a doctor. So down the line in 10 years you'll see an evil look on my face giving injections. Then again I advice people who are still in high-school and they are about to graduate don't go into the Army. Cuz the armed forces really need the people and they are calling almost everyone's houses asking about our career right after high school. It's like they want to draft us right then and there :omg:

Shadow
10-17-2005, 11:46 PM
in the next 10 yrs inshAllah im gonna be on my way to be a scholar
or atleast learning to be one
because tht is one of my ambitions in life
my dad is the biggest obstacle so far because he thinks tht i want to study religion as an excuse to avoid my education
there are many other problems tht will come my way
but one day InshAllah i will be a scholar of comparitive religion

Halima
10-18-2005, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
in the next 10 yrs inshAllah im gonna be on my way to be a scholar
or atleast learning to be one
because tht is one of my ambitions in life
my dad is the biggest obstacle so far because he thinks tht i want to study religion as an excuse to avoid my education
there are many other problems tht will come my way
but one day InshAllah i will be a scholar of comparitive religion

OMG that's how my dad is, and it's really annoying. My dad wants me to be a doctor, however at the same time I'm really religious because I'm just interested to learn about Islam, he thinks that Islam is going to be an obstacle for me to pursue my doctorate career. I'm like No! Where did you get that concept from? Wether you like it or not learning more about Islam for me is a must. Besides that I can be a doctor and learn about islam at the same time :-\

Halima
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
n if the first three r daughters ? :?

Don't worry inshallah Allah(swt) will grant him his wish. If not there's always room for more right? ..lol

n i too want to grow shoulder length hair [zulfein :p]
Then you are gonna have to buy a hijab for yourself :lol:

Vedad
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
[qoute]3 kids (atleast one son)[/qoute]

well.. can it be cause... a man will enter JAnnah if he raises 2 daughters in Islam, rightously and so on? wa allahu alem

Sahabiyaat
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
3 daughters

great way of manipulation

theres three of us girls

we always say to my dad...dad plz buy me ...[ name of object ]...because if u treat us like queens...we will take u to heaven ...deal ?

:p

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
salam
may allah grant us childrens who are pious and have taqwa in allah inshallah
may allah keep us all on the straight path
wasalam

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
salaam, inshallah i would like to gain my Degree qualification currently studying Religious studies combined with earlychildhood studies, then i would complete a PGCE (teacher training), Then i would like to join the police force inshallah (dont ask me why lol ive always wanted to become a cop since i was a lil kid)and if i dont like it then i well teach Religious studies Or Islam!! My dream would be to teach kids in the Third world, and raise money for the poor. i would also like do Hajj, and carry on practing islam. would like to drive one day and have my own car. (live with my parents all my life but i know i cant) lol so maybe one day get married (inshallah to a good practing muslim) and also have kids.

inshallah i would like to find a place in heaven with all of the rest islamic ummah (AMEN)

w.salaam

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:21 PM
salam
inshallah sis
ameen
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
:sl: I hope all ur dreams cum true sis. ;)

:love: :coolsis: :love:

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
salaam thank u sister i hope all our dreams well come true (ameen)

w.salaam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*Sister*~
salaam thank u sister i hope all our dreams well come true (ameen)

w.salaam
;) so do I! :p :love: :love:

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
salam
don't forget to say inshallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:30 PM
salam
don't forget to say inshallah
wasalam

:sl: Ooops!
inshAllah. * luking at the sky :I luv u Allah*.

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:33 PM
salam
you must be using a laptop outside coz you certainly can't look up to the sky if you are in the building
lol
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:34 PM
salam
you must be using a laptop outside coz you certainly can't look up to the sky if you are in the building
lol
wasalam

hahaha....not funny!

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:52 PM
salaam Sorrry forgot to say inshallah i did ameen tho!!! U can still look up in the sky bro ever heard of a window?;)

w.salaam

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:53 PM
salam
yeah sis, it was just a joke!!!
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
salam
yeah sis, it was just a joke!!!
wasalam

:offtopic:

~*Sister*~
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
salaaam,

yea bro i realised i was joking too!!:)

w.salaam

MetSudaisTwice
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
salam
sorry sis, you too was off topic before
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-19-2005, 02:57 PM

I forgot to add that in the next 10 years I hope to bcum like the mods and help myself and others not to be off topic. I pray that dream comes tru!

Genius
10-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I want a P.I.M.P mobile like my hero snoop dog.

Protected_Diamond
10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

insha Allah i will be a solicitor..i saw ma imaan 2day n he said it was all down 2 intentions if i know wot im doing is right den is all good so insha Allah i will probably be workin as a solictor and hopefully married lol

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

MetSudaisTwice
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
salam
a P.I.M.P mobile? whats that? i though snoop dog does haram music? thats not a good hero is it bro for a muslim
wasalam

m_2005
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM

I have a few careers in mind, though I am not too sure what I want to do, theres loads of things I want to go into, but not sure which is best for me....

I'm thinking of going into:

Communications Engineering
Architecture
become an Electrician
Do Aalim
Open up businesses, restaurants

So you see I'm very confused lol
:p

Ameeratul Layl
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Communications Engineering
Architecture
become an Electrician
Do Aalim
Open up businesses, restaurants

well, here is wat I think:

Communications Engineering: Many are needed in Middle East especially in saudi cuz they know how to run businesses and get millions of riyals in their back pockets but they NEED I.T boffs!!!!
Architecture: When I become a Princess, you can make my palace with fountains and pillars and stuff!!
become an Electrician: Physics.....ewwwwwww
Do Aalim: Something you can do in ur spare time!!!
Open up businesses, restaurants: Can have them worldwide....and use some of the money to make 3 world countries a better place!!

Hope I helped. Keep the archtecture in mynd. Might need u at sum point!!lol

Allah ma3ak

m_2005
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Jazakallah for the reply, you've kind of made it a little clearer for me.... I guess i was leaning more towards Communications Engineering and Architecture and then open restaurants at a later stage. But then Aalim looks pretty good too.

And don't worry, if I do choose architecture, it'll be one Huge palace ;)

Zuko
11-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Hmmm, lets see:

* I want to live by myself in a 'kingdom by the sea' (copped it from E.A.P. ;) ) No annoying relatives, no bro's and sis's, and no parents. Just me.

* I want to become an Aalimah and a hafidha...

* I want to have great wisdom, that I will (insha'allah) have gained from religious and wise scholars.

* I want to do hajj no less than 5 times.

:-\ :hmm: I doubt any of it will come true though... :-\ :hmm:

theprince786
11-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Yea i know im a bit young.... but i wanna graduate from highschool, get at least a master's from Stanford(i don't know what i want to master in), and then..... i dont know....

Ataraxis
11-19-2005, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by theprince786
Yea i know im a bit young.... but i wanna graduate from highschool, get at least a master's from Stanford(i don't know what i want to master in), and then..... i dont know....

:mmokay: Yeah, same here. Stanford or some Ivy league university....as for majors, maybe Engineering, Architecture, Doctor or something that in the Tech field :rolleyes:

Bint-Al-Islam
11-20-2005, 07:36 AM
As-salam alekum wr wb..

Yahooo!!! :) This is my last year in HS.. ALHAMDULILLAH!!!!

Time to go and Smell the University!!!

I wanna Major Pre MED or Public Relationship or Wat ever comes in my mind and if i like it :)

OR

Run for a President (Haha jk)

Walekum-salam wr wb

~*Sister*~
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
salam, its been a long time since i havent posted, i got married live wid my husband and have a baby boy. hope insha allah everyone is doing fine..

W.salam

Yanal
06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Next 10 years means around 24:
Be a hafiz.
Be a honourable member on IslamicBoard.
Be a great muslim.
And become what I want to become inshAllah.

InshAllah all of these things will be completed for me.

Hugo
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
There is an interesting statistic offered by Malcolm Gladwell in his book "Outliers: The Story of Success" ISBN 0141036257.

It is simply this that it take 10 years, equating to about 10,000 hours of hard work to get to the top of anything. He offers as evidence for this stories of Bill Gates, The Beatles and many others.

He simply shows that let's say you want to be a physicist then it will take 10 years of study to get to the top. His advice therefore to students or anyone who want to be an archiver is to record your study time for a few months and see how close it gets to this figure of about 1,000 hours per year or about 1/8 of your time.

You should remember that learning and practising your subject is not just sitting behind a desk until late at night but its all your reading, talking with others, exams, work, discussions over coffee, hard practice sessions in the labs and so on its all of those things.

So if you want to know what you will be doing in 10 years time, find out now how much time you are spending on learning with regard to whatever you want to be and that will be your best indicator as to whether you get there or not.

Sunni Ninja
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005
Assalamualaikum,

This question goes specifically to the people on this board studying AS-A Levels. I was just wondering, in the next 10 years what do you want to have achieved? Degree? Career? Marriage? Just thought it would be interesting to see which careers the muslims on this forum are pusuing, would be good to see if we have more muslim doctors and engineers, as muslims were at the forefront of these fields, years ago.
:w:im not an AS or an A level student any more
but at the time i had no idea of what i wanted to do with my life
i just did what most people to continue with their education.. so i ended up at uni where i have just completed my second year and inshAllah will complete my final year and then Allah knows best what i will do

i can never plan my future or do the things i want to do becuz whn i plan it just doesnt wrk out.. but i do wish to do one thing with my life and that is to complete an alimah course so i can teach others about islam :statisfie

Hugo
06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunni Ninja
:w:im not an AS or an A level student any more
but at the time i had no idea of what i wanted to do with my life
i just did what most people to continue with their education.. so i ended up at uni where i have just completed my second year and inshAllah will complete my final year and then Allah knows best what i will do

i can never plan my future or do the things i want to do becuz whn i plan it just doesnt wrk out.. but i do wish to do one thing with my life and that is to complete an alimah course so i can teach others about islam :statisfie
If I might just make a suggestion, planning is always hard to do and even harder to follow because for obvious reasons we cannot know what will happen tomorrow. But what we can do is think about the consequences of our decisions because those in general we can know.

Sunni Ninja
06-16-2009, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hugo
If I might just make a suggestion, planning is always hard to do and even harder to follow because for obvious reasons we cannot know what will happen tomorrow. But what we can do is think about the consequences of our decisions because those in general we can know.
i know what you mean by planning is hard maybe thats why i avoid it most of the times and let life take me where it wants too well not literaly but i mainly perform salatul istehara if i am unsure of what to do.. its just the best way it help me so much alhamdulillah Allah hashelped me loads with my career and i have no objetions to what i am doing in the present :statisfie

GuestFellow
06-21-2009, 10:07 PM
1. AS Law

2. AS Psychology

3. AS Business Studies

4. As Statistics.

Strange, I really liked law, so I decided to take the ILEX exams and do a different course. Right now over the holidays I shall apply to work for a Solicitors firm. I shall train my up to a Legal Executive and promote myself into a Solicitor. I am interested in EU law and may apply to work for Saudi Aramco oil company or dealing with international civil litigation disputes. I may have to learn Arabic and French. Once I gain enough experience (like 10-15 years) I would like to work alongside a Coroner as a Assistant Coroner. Then I would like to apply as a Coroner. Coroner I would need five years experience as a Solictor. I might even apply to work in Saudi Arabia.

During that time I would really like to become a Hafiz. I am starting now.

Detritavore
07-23-2009, 07:28 AM
For the foreseeable future I'm stuck in high school until '11 :exhausted

And in all honesty- I have no idea what could possible follow that.

University, no doubt.

But what would I study? I'm fickle and not to mention I love the arts and adore all the sciences. I take my philosophy with my physic, literature with my calculus. I suppose being open-minded can have its shortcomings. Hmm, the sky's the limit I suppose.

InshAllah, I'll tell you when and if I get there :)

ژاله
07-26-2009, 10:50 AM
in the next ten years,i plan to have an undergrad degree in physics(i am a freshman now),to have my PHd.done in astronomy,and to be a better muslim inshallah

Woodrow
07-27-2009, 01:38 AM

Be a better Muslim

Become a Scholar of Ahadith

Have our current business large enough to employ and support all of my grandchildren and great grand children.

Live full time on either the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux Reservation or on the Chippewa Nation Reservation.

Be flying again and own a C-47 (Douglas DC-3) my favorite plane although I never piloted one. Second choice an F-86 which is my favorite I ever piloted.

Get to see all of my living relatives one more time.

Be found worthy to enter Jannah

Clover
07-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Highschool Diploma, Army MP, degree in Massage Therapy, and I'll be starting for my Master's in Military History, at the end of the 10.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.