/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the role of jesus in islam

AnGeL_786
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
:sl: can anyone find me a passage from the quran that mentions things about jesus

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABWAN
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
wa alaikum asalam wr wb

I would suggest you to start with Surah Maryam

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=965
:w:

Danish
10-17-2005, 09:57 PM
:sl:
the funny thing is bible itself does nto support jesus's divinity, which is like the main parting of the way between xtians and muslims...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~*Sister*~
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
salaam
that is true, but in islam we have to respect other religions n belife n teach them the true way of life ISLAM

w.salaam

Ameeratul Layl
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*Sister*~
salaam
that is true, but in islam we have to respect other religions n belife n teach them the true way of life ISLAM

w.salaam

:bravo: sah!!

Danish
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
^ did i mention anything which christians might find offensive? anyone can read bible and can see that bible does not support jesus's (PHUB) divinity

AnGeL_786
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
i study christainity in school and in the bible it has the events of jesus' life is anything in the bible true or made up

thanks for your replys :)

Ameeratul Layl
10-20-2005, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnGeL_786
i study christainity in school and in the bible it has the events of jesus' life is anything in the bible true or made up

thanks for your replys :)

:sl: Well, as far as I know, the new testament is not worth reading cuz only the bits that are wanted have been kept whilst sum bits have been changed. The real bible was the truth as it was sent down by Allah.

:)

AnGeL_786
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
:sl: if some of the things in the new testament have been made up, what about the old testament, is that made up as well?

Danish
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
absolutely, old and new

btw...r u aware of canonisation of bible??

ABWAN
10-26-2005, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnGeL_786
:sl: if some of the things in the new testament have been made up, what about the old testament, is that made up as well?

Well if either of the book wasn't corrupted by men, there was no need for a Quran to be revealed. The primary reason that revealations were made was because of how the previous books were corrupted.

New Testament (OT as well I guess) is not a revealation. It is an account of the life of Jesus(as) by different men who *lived* after the death of Jesus(as).

- Qatada -
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
Well if either of the book wasn't corrupted by men, there was no need for a Quran to be revealed. The primary reason that revealations were made was because of how the previous books were corrupted.
no i think your mistaken bro.. because hadhrat isa (r.a) came with the injeel so the people of that time could be guided. but alot never followed. the holy qur'an had to be revealed and this was created for all of mankind (unlike the injeel.)

format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
New Testament (OT as well I guess) is not a revealation. It is an account of the life of Jesus(as) by different men who *lived* after the death of Jesus(as).
yeh that is true i think cz all the original copies of the injeel (the real scriptures) got destroyed.. and due to this, the later issues of the bible arent reliable at all..

to be honest - we dont even have to discuss the issue of "the bible being 'corrupted' and if it never got corrupted, there would be no qur'an."
because it did happen and Allah (swt) had decreed that the qur'an would get revealed, and there was no way anyone could stop that. so lets just stay focused on the facts and not the opinions that we have.. jazak Allah khayr.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.