/* */

PDA

View Full Version : regent complaints/problesm

zubair_president
01-18-2005, 12:02 AM
:sl:
i am sure all at regent know that the position i hold is there for the betterment of the students.
i admit i am not the most approachable person, and am not able to listen to one and all.

if you have anything that you would like to see happen at the college then please post it here and i will try to better the situation

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM

inshAllah that is the whole idea with this "effort" if we all work together then inshAllah we will be a voice that has to be heard. May Allah help us

Genius
01-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I think hijab should be enforced on everyone, including men.

WomanOfJihad
01-19-2005, 07:36 PM

hmm.. so Sisters Hijab wuld b to cover themselves .. n i dnt think its n easy job to convince those muslimahs out there , regarding their " DRESS CODE" . SubhaNallah ..

and as for brothers .. hmm interesting.. they all shud grow a beard , n cut down on " Spikes/fliks" ..

* gt a hard task there *

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uma Rayanah
01-19-2005, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius

zubair_president
01-20-2005, 12:00 AM
i dnt think u can impose things such as these onto people.
an individual must carry out such actions on ones own accord and for the sole pleasure of the all mighty allah.

Sahabiyaat
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
:'( yes
i have a complaint
all this regent shegent
makes sum ppl like moi hu didnt have the blessing to go to dear regent a lil bit left out..humpf!
lol :p

aamirsaab
01-25-2005, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
mega lol. G u crack me up just as much as osman, man
thnkx 4 being on this forum so i get the pleasure of laughing at ur ace jokes :D

(heres another kick a$$ reply from G:http://www.load-islam.com/forums/sho...=2050#post2050

and my personal fave:http://www.load-islam.com/forums/sho...=2046#post2046)
regarding to muslimaimprovin - u not missing much :D

as 4 complaints - im all good on that account :D - cant find a fault with regent (joking)

anyways i gotta jet(haha funny word) and do some work. so i ghuess my complaint would be: can som1 ban me from this site 4 a couple o days so that i can do some college work - o w8 thats more of a request. ah well

Sahabiyaat
01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
??? eh
u spekang to me...cuz if ur not and i think u r ...and if i reply....how shamming will that be ? u get or u dnt get

lol ignore ignore....i'm crazy

aamirsaab
01-27-2005, 03:52 PM
lol my bad.
i was talking 2 about 3 difrent ppl :D
ill re itterate/clarify what i was referring 2 u in that post:

'ur not missing much by not being in regent' in reply to your post:
yes
''i have a complaint
all this regent shegent
makes sum ppl like moi hu didnt have the blessing to go to dear regent a lil bit left out..humpf!
lol''

hope that cleared it 4 ya! :)
(the rest of my post had notihng really to do with you specifically :D)

Squile
01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zubair_president
i am sure all at regent know that the position i hold is there for the betterment of the students.
i admit i am not the most approachable person, and am not able to listen to one and all.

if you have anything that you would like to see happen at the college then please post it here and i will try to better the situation
get halal food man
dont u know black ppl like chicken
more and more brothers are eatin everythin (includin me)

Brother_Mujahid
01-27-2005, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Squile
get halal food man
dont u know black ppl like chicken
more and more brothers are eatin everythin (includin me)
wait wait hold it right there, you mean you eat even the haram stuff in the cantine :omg:

that used to be a big problem when i was there (probably still is) some muslims think its okay to eat the chicken which is supplied in the cantine when the chickens not even halaal (they have their own argument as to say its okay the people of the book (jews christians) have slaughtered it) :confused:

aamirsaab
01-27-2005, 11:18 PM
i agree with squile
we need halaal meet man

however, i understand some of the implications:
* introduction of halaal meet may attract unwanted attention
* a halaal supplier would need to b contacted - a legit one at that.
* when u ask the woman at the counter for halaal meat sandwich it may cause confusion.she may give u the wrong one etc.
* prices are likely to be high
* it would still take time - and money: if the principal doesnt have sufficient funding for additional canteen stuff then we wont be seeing any halaal meat.

but lets look on the bright side of things at least we can try eh?
and if it dont work, then fine - we tried didnt we. thats the important thing.
Go Zubair!

Far7an
01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Whatever happend to the good old cheesy chip cob in Regent lol

Khaldun
01-28-2005, 01:03 AM

lol that will cause an early death due to heart failure...to much fat. Personally I dont like to spend my time in the canten. If you have problems with the food, try to fast, at least some of the days.

al-muminoon
01-28-2005, 10:45 AM
GO TO ETHEL BAKERY!!! Lol

zubair_president
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM

halal food is an issue which has been discussed at length on many occasions.
however due to the difficulties which arise, it is seen to be uncompatiable.
i am aware that people do consume haram meat at the canteen, however that is down to the individual.

though an issue that affects many, halal food is not something u will be seeing in the canteen in the foreseeable future,
:w:

aamirsaab
01-29-2005, 11:55 AM
lets try and remain positive then
at least we tried man
thats the important thing.
:)

Brother_Mujahid
01-29-2005, 12:00 PM
towards the end of this academic year........ the muslim candidates wishing to be president wil all be promising halaal food in the canteen. Don't listen to them :zip:

:teeth:

Far7an
01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
lol. i cant recall it being promised last yr.

zubair_president
01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
last year halal food was not promised, well not by me anyway,

Brother_Mujahid
01-29-2005, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
lol. i cant recall it being promised last yr.
you don't, well nearly every muslim going for regardless of their position they were going for, would say they would get halaal food in the canteen.
format_quote Originally Posted by zubair_president
last year halal food was not promised, well not by me anyway,
okay mister president

....... we had this bloke come in during our tutor group, he gave this speach and at the end he goes if you vote for me, then your invited to this part which he was going to hold. hah he said he would get halaal meat in the cantine, damn you guys shoulda voted for him instead :teeth:

wasalam :shade:

Abdalla
01-31-2005, 09:31 AM
lol, listen halal meat or not halal doesnt matter, eat some salad sandwich or chip cob, theres pleny there and on tuesdays and thrusdays tehers a vegie burger! so you guys complainin bout?!!!

YOU WANT HALAL FOOD THEN GO TO A MUSLIM COUNTRY!!!

A. Mukhtar
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Abdalla, you could have put it more politely! No point chasing people to Islamic countries... We can find them here and in some cases better than how they are in some Islamic countries.

The first point is a good one, which I was thinking about before I read you post. It is better to refrain from the foods that are considered 'Haraam'. Eating couple of chip cobs or salad sandwiches could solve the problem. By the way, we are in the College from just 9-4, and in some other days, either leave early or come for lessons later.

I would strongly seek halal food if I were in a 'boarding' school maybe, where at most time, I'm there. I usually survive on some chip cobs, then the big feast awaits at home! A mountain of rice, with plenty of meat on top!

aamirsaab
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
lol if only they served that @ regent :)

abdulkadir
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
lol if only they served that @ regent :)

it would be much better for the us Muslims :p

Abdalla
02-03-2005, 11:41 AM
ro much rice and meat, shud we try chinese?

aamirsaab
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
how bout mandarin?
cantonese?
or good ol' fish and chips from halaal chippy on east park road ;)
:):):) :) :) :) :) :)

aamirsaab
02-08-2005, 07:34 PM
I got a major problem:
toilets!

three main areas:
a) no bog roll - what am i suppose 2 clean with! there aint no lotta neither. how bout we get wet wipes - they clean anything!
b) ppl dont wash their hands - its nasty...and smelly man. if u dont take action, then i will be forced to put up an a3 sheet of paper saying: wash ur damn hands!
c)no body flushes the bogs....i went in one...and my god...im sorry i just cant describe the nasty site i saw.....eugh...
***throws up and retches***..
again if no action is taken then that little a3 sheet is gonna get filled... p.s. im talking bout the mens room...or gents..

so bro zubair, can u talk 2 playfair and ask him 2 enforce some 0f those rules (especially bog rolls..i mean dont u just h8 it when uv been holding it in for like 3 periods..and then u finally get a chance to unload and then ...BAM! no bog roll!)

again, if they arnt resolved within the month then im bringing my own damn ass wipes and that a3 paper is going up!

zubair_president
02-08-2005, 10:15 PM

this bog problem of yours one which i have tried to resolve many times but it doesnt seem to get any better.

take upon yourself to see if there is paper in the toilet, if there is not then go to the premises guy and he will come and put some.

with regards to the other two points, they are things you shouldnt have to enforce on people and they should do it themselves.

i will try and speak to playfair on thursday and try and get a message in the bulletin.

zubair_president
02-08-2005, 10:19 PM

a point i would like to make is with regards to a regualr occurance at regent college.

one must not push in, or jump the lines in the canteen as by doing so you are taking away the rights of other people.

it is an act of great annoyance and displays a highly selfish approch showing complete disregard for others.

i am sure one and all at regent college posses the moral fibre to avoid such behavior.

aamirsaab
02-11-2005, 06:25 PM
HOT WATER!
how comes no hot water comes out of the hot water tap in the toilets...i mean its colder than the cold water tap.

do u reckon u could sort that out as well brother zubair?
as in at least mention it to E. playfair....but im thinking that the fact that there is no hot water probably means that we aint gonna get it

Uthman
02-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Urgh! I feel your frustration Aamirsaab! I can't stand cold water either! :brother::brother::brother:

zubair_president
02-12-2005, 01:18 AM
are u sure there is no hot water?
i make wudhu with the shower taps and the water is warm,
al find out and let u know.

zubair_president
02-12-2005, 11:40 PM

few degrees warmer then room temperature?

if u want it warmer then the changing room temperature then u will just burn.
al try get summat done insha allah

zubair_president
02-17-2005, 10:19 PM
oh ok then

Genius
01-09-2007, 02:06 AM
How is Regent these days? Sorry for reviving an old topic but i miss that place.

Who's the prez these days?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.