/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sharpen Memory

m_2005
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
:sl:

I was reading a kitaab with the virtues of Surah Yaseen, and one of the points said that "Writing the Word Yaseen on a piece of paper 5 times, putting it in water, and drinking the water, Sharpens your memory"

So just thought this would be of use to all those studying

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rukx
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
i do dat and it wrkz

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Allahu ALam, Can i just ask your source for this information? Like a Hadith Perhaps?

MetSudaisTwice
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
salam
yeah can you give me your source?
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rukx
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
ive read in a kitaab not sure wot itz called il find out

m_2005
10-20-2005, 02:25 PM

The source for this was in a book called Surah Yaseen, which was released for free distribution by Fisabillah Productions, and on that, it is written with the virtues of Surah Yaseen

Qurratul Ayn
10-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazak'allah Khair Brother m_2005!!!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Juneda
10-26-2005, 03:40 PM
:sl: insha Allah(subhana wa ta la) hope u r all in gud health and iman :sister:
Masha Allah(subhana wa ta la) sis thank u 4 sharin,knowledgable
So do u leave the paper in the water and drink ?or get it out then drink ?and for how long do u leave the paper in?
Also do u wait till the ink comes off?
thank u :)

m_2005
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM

I'm not a sister BTW :confused: :p

But there was not too much detail in the kitaab about it, though other similar methods, you write it, fold the paper drink the water.

The ink won't run off, so you can't really wait for that to happen

Allah knows best

Juneda
10-27-2005, 01:04 PM
:sl: Insha Allah(subhana wa ta la) hope u r all in gud health and iman :sister:
:sorry: bro abt callin u sis,didnt luk proply
thank u bro for ur help :)

Muezzin
10-27-2005, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

I was reading a kitaab with the virtues of Surah Yaseen, and one of the points said that "Writing the Word Yaseen on a piece of paper 5 times, putting it in water, and drinking the water, Sharpens your memory"

Mmm-hmm. Who was the writer of this book?

minaz
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
"Writing the Word Yaseen on a piece of paper 5 times, putting it in water, and drinking the water, Sharpens your memory"
;D ;D ;D
Yeh and gives ya ink poisoning an all!
Seriously you don't really exercise this????????????

m_2005
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM

The book was by fisabillah productions, they are a well known publication distributing free books, they are quite a lot of the Masjids in Leicester

Muhammad
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM

There are many practises like this that take place today, and similar ones such as specific soorahs having virtues and benefits, yet we learn that it is is often supported by fabricated hadeeth, if any at all. The following question and answer is an example of such practices and the position we should take towards them:

Question :

I have a question related to a sick person who has found out that they have cancer. the family wishes to do a khatum(adults will gather and in silence they read the surah Iklas over and over hoping to read it 10,000 times, the niyat is for the sick individual to recover). Is this permissible, or should they just pray to Allah SWT for help individually?
Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly in the Qur’aan there is healing for mankind; and it was narrated that in certain verses and soorahs there is healing and protection for man, and that they can ward off bad things, by Allaah’s leave, such as al-Faatihah, al-Mi’wadhatayn, Aayat al-Kursiy and Soorat al-Ikhlaas. Whoever recites some aayahs or soorahs, and repeats them three or seven times, as needed, without persisting in a specific number that was not referred to in sharee’ah, then there is no reason why he should not do that, so long as he believes that healing is in the Hand of Allaah Who has created in the Qur’aan healing for mankind.

To that may be added ruqyah using du’aa’s narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as the words, “Adhhib al-ba’s Rabb an-naas, wa’shfi anta al-Shaafi, laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’ laa yughaadir saqaman (Take away the pain, O Lord of mankind, and grant healing, for You are the Healer, and there is no healing but Your healing that leaves no trace of sickness).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5243; Muslim, 4061)

And one may do as the great Sahaabi advised, when someone who was suffering pain complained to him. He said: “Put your hand on the part of your body that is hurting and say, “Bismillaah” three times, then say seven times, ‘A’oodhu Billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge with Allaah and His Power from the evil of what I am suffering from and what I am worried about).” If one does that, and recites other du’aa’s that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in saheeh reports, that will be very good.

If trust in Allaah is combined with thinking of the meanings of the verses and du’aa’s that are being recited, and both the one who is doing ruqya and the one for whom it is done are righteous people, that will be very beneficial, if Allaah wills.

Based on the above, gathering in the manner mentioned in the question and reciting “Qul huwa Allaahu ahad” a certain number of times (10,000 times) is not something which is prescribed in Islam, so you should be content with doing that which is narrated in the Sunnah.

We ask Allaah to heal your sick loved one quickly, and to grant him good health. Ameen.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Therefore it is important to remember that although the Qur'an does indeed carry many, many benefits, it should not be misused in the sense that we ignore its core purpose and begin using it in unprescribed ways. The Qur'an is ultimately a book of guidance and is to be recited, above all things.

We should also remember that if such actions were not performed by the best of generations, i.e. that of the Prophet (saw), let alone himself, then there is no need for us to do so. So if we do not have good evidence for doing this act then I do not see why people are doing it. There are quite a few misconceptions about Soorah Yaseen like it being the heart of the Qur'an and reciting it over the 'dead', yet these are likewise baseless actions.

:w:

Vedad
10-27-2005, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

did rasulAllah(Saws) know how to write?? no he didnt.. so why even bother doing this, there is a SMALL chance of this being true.. and this thing REALLY smells bid'ah, plz stay away from it as long as u dont have any evidence!

salam aleykum

m_2005
10-27-2005, 05:24 PM

Ok, fair enough, Was just telling you what I read

Jazakallah for the input :)

ChasingRainbows
10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Salam Alaikum,

this doesn't sound right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.