/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help! answering Bahaisim

ummbilal
10-24-2005, 05:29 AM
salaam alakum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu

inshaallah you can help,

A close family member some time ago left islam to become a bahai, i was a child at the time and lived far away , but since have come to realise that she never fully understood her deen Islam which is why she was easily descived in to bahaisim.

has anyone else had to dispute with a bahai?

I sometimes find its like banging my head against a wall,

she reads Quran and claims to believe in Muhammed saws but also goes to church every sunday and reads bahai scriptures.

i have shown her proofs from Quran and tried to show her hadiths but she rejects them as false, authubilahi,

anyone got any ideas??

it would be good to have a little support with this, as i dont seem to be getting anywhere, mashallah.

may Allah guide all those with islam in their hearts to islam .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABWAN
10-24-2005, 06:25 AM
wa alaikum asalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Well if someone has started to follow a particular faith/belief, they just close their mind and never bother to read/learn about other faith. So I am not sure how much help this site would be, but anyways, something is better than nothing. Hope this person takes the effort to go through the website and finds it useful insha'Allah:

http://www.bahaiawareness.com/

eyes_of_mine
10-24-2005, 07:19 AM
May I ask what is a Bahai ?
I never heard of this before .

ABWAN
10-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Bahais are an offshoot or rather a sect which originated in iran (something like the ahmediyyahs). They seem to be quite popular in the west and I heard its quite influential in the usa just like the zions. The more you read about it, I am sure the more you would hate it! Certain things would make one wonder how in the world someone with a proper frame of mind would believe in such things. anyways...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummbilal
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
salaam alakum

jazakallah khair for the link it looks very useful, i know that someone who understands islam would never leave it for another faith simply because islam is a perfect way of life, so i desperatly want her to see that what drew her to islam in the first place is just the beginning of the beauty of islam,

bahaisim is a faith that is shallow and lacks depth, of course as its not from Allah. inshaallah i can with Allah's help make her see that.

czgibson
10-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Greetings,

Here's some info about the Bahai faith, from my ever-trusty source, Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahai

Find out what Bahai's believe and it shouldn't be hard to argue against it if you can see it's wrong. One clear point of difference from Islam is that they don't believe Muhammad (pbuh) was the last prophet.

On a very tangential side issue, Dr. David Kelly, the British weapons expert who died in mysterious circumstances in the lead-up to the Iraq war, was reported to have been a member of the Bahai faith, oddly enough. That was the first time I heard about it.

Peace

EDIT: I didn't see the link posted by ABWAN - that looks far more useful for your purposes than the one I've posted...

ummbilal
10-28-2005, 12:55 AM
walakum salaam brother and hello cz gibson

the main problem is that she wont hear of any hadiths as she dismisses them as all false, also she'll pick ayahs from the quran that she believes back up her beliefs with out giving concideration to the hundreds that dont, also and the main problem is she is my mother and this means that i am quite emotionally involved and normally when discussing religion its easy to look at it objectivly with me in this situation it shows how important it is to me that she sees that her beliefs are flawed.

also its hard for her to take what i say as some of it hurts.

bahais believe all eligions lead to god, they believe in Muhammed saws but believe he was divine as was all the prophets they believe in the bab a man who claimed prophet hood in iran in 1800's, he was percicuted for his blasphomies against Allah.

Bahaisim lacks the depth of islam or even christianity or judaisim its like they thought islam was too hard so adapted it to suit themselves, ie instead of praying 5 times a day they pray twice and only if they feel like it, there is free mixing of men and women and they will not debate religion with a muslim...

aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inshaallah Allah will guide all those with islam in their hearts to the right path.

Muhammad
10-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Question :

My mother was raised as a Christian and does use liqueur on occasion discuss it with her but she will not refrain from this practice. Besides this many other unislamic practices are also done, for instance all food stuff is not halaal with the result these same utensils are used to prepare food for me i am under the impression that this is not permissible. Now I am considering leaving home since this is not something i am in favour of. Also I intend to leave country some time in future (IN-SHA ALLAH) because i cannot go for namaaz as regularly as i must.

In short i want to live as a Muslim but as I live in a westernized country it is difficult to live as a Muslim should.
Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.

If your mother is a Christian then you have to call her to Islam with wisdom and beautiful preaching. Tell her about the beauties of Islam and its characteristics and beliefs. Explain to her the falseness of the Christian belief in the divinity of Jesus (peace be upon him). You can also refer to the questions in the Da’wah to Non-Muslims section of this website, so that you can convince her, as well as reading some books which speak of the falseness of Christian doctrines.

But if your mother is a Muslim, then you have to call her to give up sin and to repent from it, especially drinking alcohol. Tell her the evidence from the Qur’aan and Sunnah which proves that it is haraam, and that when a command comes from Allaah or His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the believer has to hear and obey, and hasten to follow the command even if that is contrary to his own whims and desires.

Make her fear Allaah and His punishment in this world and in the Hereafter.

You have to be gentle and kind to her, tell her that you are eager that she should be guided and saved from Hell.

Perhaps this will be the means of guiding her to the truth.

With regard to the cooking utensils with which haraam foods are cooked, if there are others available then it is preferable for you to eat from those. But if no others are available, then you can wash them with water and then eat from them.

It was narrated that Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, I live in the land of the People of the Book. Please advise me with regard to their vessels.’ He said, ‘Do not eat from them, unless you cannot find anything else, in which case wash them and eat from them.’” (Agreed upon. Buloogh al-Maraam, p. 23, hadeeth no. 24).

With regard to your thinking of leaving home or leaving your country, that may be better if you know that your family will not respond to your words and if staying with them will damage your religious commitment in such a way that you cannot do what Allaah commands.

But if you know or you think it most likely that after you call them to Allaah they will respond, then you must stay with them.

Imam al-Bukhaari included a chapter in his Saheeh entitled: Baab al-Inbisaat ila’l-Naas (Chapter on being friendly towards people). Ibn Mas’ood said: “Mix with people but beware of damaging your religious commitment.”

(Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 5/2270).

But if you know from your experience with your family that this will be futile, then leave them and go and live in a place where you can practice the rituals of Islam.

We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in your religious commitment and to keep you safe. We ask Him to guide your mother and all your family to His religion so that the religion of Allaah will be the dearest thing to you all.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
Please also see: He has become Muslim but his mother wants him to go back to being a Christian

ummbilal
10-28-2005, 04:29 AM
salaam alakum brother Muhammed
jazakallah khair for the above,

however i do not live with my mother, i am married and live in london, my mum lives in edinburgh, i havent lived with her since i was 11 mashallah.

when she comes to stay she respects my religion, she eats halal and even wears a headscarf when going out with me sometimes, she also reads quran a lot when shes here. we talk about religion but when i show her proofs against bahaisim she dismisses them, though inshaallah they are slowly bringing down the wall.

ABWAN
10-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Assalamu alaikum wr wb

Its quite hard to talk about religion to parents...I guess the best thing to do is to let our actions speak for ourselves...words are of very little use.. If she has been practising bahaism for a long time...then I am afraid the website itself would be of little use although I found it valuable... People prefer what they consider is easy...and it is too easy to interpret Quran differently...I had a hard time once with an Ahmadiyyah who interpreted just one verse in his own way to prove his belief is the truth and all muslims are following false belief!

One thing that might work out (if you are really into talking about religion to your mother) is for you to read more about bahaism and then ask her questions in such a way that it would make her think about her beliefs and if she could at least try to answer you...that may help her.. So I would suggest you to go through the website (dont even let your mom know about this website) and prepare yourself first.

imranshaykh
10-28-2005, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
wa alaikum asalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Well if someone has started to follow a particular faith/belief, they just close their mind and never bother to read/learn about other faith. So I am not sure how much help this site would be, but anyways, something is better than nothing. Hope this person takes the effort to go through the website and finds it useful insha'Allah:

http://www.bahaiawareness.com/
Salaams:

Thank you for referring to the www.bahaiawareness.com web site.

I started this web site with the help of Allah and his last prophet and messenger (pbuh) for the sole purpose of helping muslims realize little known facets of the Bahai Faith. And to help them find answers to questions raised by the Bahais and also to help them defend their faith in the event that they were confronted by a Bahai.

I will be happy to respond to queries that any person may have about the Bahai Faith v/s Islam. Inshallah, I will try my best to provide satisfactory replies. This will also help me to understand the queries posed to Muslims by the Bahais which I can take up and respond on my web site.

Wassalam
Imran Shaykh
www.bahaiwareness.com

ummbilal
10-28-2005, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imranshaykh
Salaams:

I started this web site with the help of Allah and his last prophet and messenger (pbuh) for the sole purpose of helping muslims realize little known facets of the Bahai Faith. And to help them find answers to questions raised by the Bahais and also to help them defend their faith in the event that they were confronted by a Bahai.

I will be happy to respond to queries that any person may have about the Bahai Faith v/s Islam. Inshallah, I will try my best to provide satisfactory replies. This will also help me to understand the queries posed to Muslims by the Bahais which I can take up and respond on my web site.

Wassalam
Imran Shaykh
www.bahaiwareness.com
jazakallah khair for this site inshaallah it will help many, knowlage is our wepon against the shaitan

ummbilal
10-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Believers, Jews, Sabaeans and Christians -
whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does what is right -
shall have nothing to fear or regret.
-- Sura 5:69

my mother quoted this ayah to say that as bahais believe in God and the last day she will be in paradise,

however the rest of the surah goes on to say that those who commit shirk will be in hell,

how do i refute this ayah with a bahai?
I understood that the ayah refers to the people who cames before the Prophet saws, but to be honest i dont fully understand.

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-28-2005, 07:19 PM
:sl:

"and does what is right" - how can we know what is right and what isn't unless we follow the Shari'ah (constitution) brought by Prophet Muhammad saws? It is the criterion in this matter. This ayat is an invitation for people regardless of past beliefs to accept the truth. I will be publishing an article on this topic soon, inshaa'Allah.

:w:

azim
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Salamu alaykum.

Something I always find is a good way to discuss someones beliefs is to ask questions, and make them examine every aspect of their religion by having to explain it to you. Push away from the Islamic area and discuss what Bahaisim teaches. Also, if she accepts the validity of the Quran, use the two following lines over and over again.

And whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter they will be one of the losers. (Chapter #3, Verse #85)

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (Chapter #5, Verse #3)

If you use too many verses, then it sometimes goes in one ear and out the other. If you constantly reitterate the same ayah, then inshallah they will remember it, and contemplate over it and it will plant the seeds of true Islam.

She belives in Allah, so you have common ground, use it. Try not to discuss the issuses on which Islam and Bahaisim differ, because then she'll go on the defensive. Try to agree on as many topics as you can, celebrate the greatness of Allah together. If you agree Allah is the greatest, then agree Allah is infallible, then agree Allah sent down the Quran, the agree everything Allah said in the Quran is right, then agree eventually inshallah, that Islam is the true deen.

I'll make dua inshallah, and hopefully Allah will guide all our misguided loved ones.

Salaam.

czgibson
10-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
That thought is also expressed in Sura 2:62 - the two verses are pretty much identical.

Peace

ABWAN
10-29-2005, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imranshaykh
Salaams:

Wassalam
Imran Shaykh
www.bahaiwareness.com
Masha'Allah nice to know that the author of a website is still available to respond... But just out of curiousity...how did you know your site was referred here? and it's a very nice site btw..Good job!

imranshaykh
10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Salaams:

Thank you for the comments. Please pray that my small effort is accepted by Allah and the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

I saw the referral of the inslamicboard.com in the list of referrals. Hence I came here.

Regards
Imran Shaykh

imranshaykh
10-29-2005, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal

my mother quoted this ayah to say that as bahais believe in God and the last day she will be in paradise,

however the rest of the surah goes on to say that those who commit shirk will be in hell,

how do i refute this ayah with a bahai?
I understood that the ayah refers to the people who cames before the Prophet saws, but to be honest i dont fully understand.
Salaams:

The important thing to understand here is that Islam means Submission to the will of Allah. Worshipping Allah the way He wants us to worship Him and not how we wish to.

Allah has chosen Islam to be His last and final religion and the Quran to be His final book. We cannot interpret the Quran as we deem fit. We must refer to those who are authorised by Allah to do so. For Allah says in Quran, none can understand its interpretation save Allah, His Messenger and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge. The Bahais have an extremely irritating habit of trying to interpret Quran as they deem fit. This is how they really manage to misguide Muslims.

Allah is such a thing that we cannot see, touch, feel or understand Him. Hence he sent prophets and messengers who introduced Allah to us. Only those who are "authorised" by Allah can explain the true position of Allah to us. If we refer to an "unauthorised" prophet, we will be deviated for Allah has chosen His messengers through whom He wishes to be introduced. THe example of this in worldly terms is like buying an electronic item and taking it to an "authorised service centre".

If she believes in Allah and His prophet, ask her why did the Holy Prophet not give any indication of another prophet after him? If Bahaullah and the Holy Prophet (pbuh) came from the same source, from the same God, why is there no prophecy of Bahaullah in the Quran or any other place? Let them bring one reference from Quran or from tradition and we can accept. But the reference must be from Quran and from tradition if they wish us to accept.

Stick to this point. Inshallah, they will not have an answer for this.

Lastly, before you start your discussions, seek help from Allah. Remember, guidance is only and only in the hands of Allah. We as mortals cannot guide.May Allah grant effectiveness to your tongue in your discussion.

Regards
Imran Shaykh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.