/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!*Even A Smile..... :) .....is charity*!*

Khayal
10-26-2005, 04:56 AM
:) **Even A Smile.............is charity** :)

What do money, a good word, and removing something

harmful from the road have in common?

Even a smile or a kind word is considered charity.

Giving charity is such an important part of Islam that even the Arabic word tasaddaqa (to give charity) comes from the root sadaqa meaning to speak the truth, to be sincere. Sadaqah (voluntary charity) is different from zakah, the compulsory alms that are collected every year.

A Muslim shows his sincerity of faith and attains piety by being generous:

[Ye will not attain unto piety until ye spend of that which ye love. And whatsoever ye spend, Allah is aware thereof.] (Aal `Imran 3:92)

There are dozens of verses in the Qur’an in which Allah (God) tells Muslims to give in charity. Sometimes this charity is in expiation for a wrongdoing, and other times it is an acknowledgment that everything one “owns” is in fact a trust from Allah and that anything spent in the way of Allah will be paid back in full and multiplied on the Day of Judgment. In fact, the Qur’an in places calls this spending “a beautiful loan.”

Muslims are enjoined to give charity without reproach to the recipient. It is also better for them to give secretly rather than openly, so that their intention is entirely to gain the pleasure of Allah and not to gain the admiration of people.

[A kind word with forgiveness is better than alms giving followed by injury. Allah is Absolute, Clement. O ye who believe! Render not vain your alms giving by reproach and injury, like him who spendeth his wealth only to be seen of men and believeth not in Allah and the Last Day….] (Al-Baqarah 2:263 – 64)

It is easy to give money as charity when one is wealthy, but the best charity is given when one fears poverty, for one must then sincerely trust in Allah’s reward.

When the Prophet Muhammad was asked which charity is best, he replied, “That you should give charity (in a state when you are) healthy, closefisted, haunted by the fear of poverty and hoping to become rich (charity in such a state of health and mind is the best). And you must not defer (charity to such a length) that you are about to die and would be saying: This is for so and so, and this is for so and so. Lo, it has already come into (the possession of so and so).” (Reported by Muslim)

Even the money that a person spends on his family counts as charity if his intention is for Allah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “When a Muslim spends on his family seeking reward for it from Allah, it counts for him as charity.” (Reported by Muslim)

There is reward in good deeds done with no expectation of remuneration in this life

And a woman may give charity of her husband’s earnings. `A’ishah, the wife of the Prophet reported that he said, “When a woman gives in charity some of the food in her house, without causing any damage, there is reward for her for whatever she has given, and a reward for her husband for what he earned. The same applies to the trustee. In no respect does the one diminish the reward of the other.” (Reported by Muslim)

In fact, Prophet Muhammad told his followers that sadaqah (voluntary charity) is incumbent upon them every single day. But this sadaqah can take many forms:

“There is a (compulsory) sadaqah (charity) to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to Allah) everyday the sun rises. To judge justly between two persons is regarded as sadaqah; and to help a man concerning his riding animal, by helping him to mount it or by lifting his luggage on to it, is also regarded as sadaqah; and (saying) a good word is also sadaqah; and every step taken on one's way to offer the compulsory prayer (in the mosque) is also sadaqah; and to remove a harmful thing from the way is also sadaqah.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Thus, even those who have little or no extra money can give charity. For them, there is still reward in good deeds done for the pleasure of Allah with no expectation of remuneration in this life. Elsewhere, the Prophet told even more ways that Muslims can give charity.

The Prophet said, “Giving charity is obligatory upon each Muslim.” It was asked, “What do you say of him who does not find (the means) to do so?” He said, “Let him do manual work, thus doing benefit to himself and give charity.” It was asked, “What about one who does not have (the means) to do so?” He said, “Then let him assist the needy, the aggrieved.” It was asked, “What do you say of one who cannot even do this?” He said, “Then he should enjoin what is reputable or what is good.” He asked, “What if he cannot do that?” He (the Prophet) said, “He should then abstain from evil, for verily that is charity on his behalf.” (Reported by Muslim)

Muslims are also encouraged to establish an ongoing charity whose rewards they will continue to reap after their deaths. This can be knowledge that is passed on in a book or other form, fruit trees from which the poor may eat, or an endowment.

Thus sadaqah, in whatever form, should be a part of the Muslim’s daily life. Such charity strengthens the Muslim’s piety, turns his intentions to his Creator, and spreads wealth and goodwill among the community.
:) @};-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 05:05 AM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

yeah is all good if you smile...somthimes i smile too much my cheeks hurt lol

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

salehah
10-26-2005, 08:01 AM
here it is for all
:) :) :)

baby_muslimah15
10-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Salaamz, sumbody say smile :D :D :) ;)...Well JazakAllah Khair, I smile alot too, to the fact that thats what i'm known by(well I really gone smile now thankx to you Sister MashaAllah really appricate :D)

Remember eveyrbody *SMILE*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
01-30-2007, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Salaamz, sumbody say smile :D :D :) ;)...Well JazakAllah Khair, I smile alot too, to the fact that thats what i'm known by(well I really gone smile now thankx to you Sister MashaAllah really appricate :D)

Remember eveyrbody *SMILE*

:sl:

:)

:w:

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 02:03 PM
On your friends darkest day, let your smile light the way.......
Thanks for this!

Khayal
01-31-2007, 06:05 PM
:salamext:

:wasalamex

al Amaanah
01-31-2007, 06:12 PM
LOL NOW EVERYONE.... SMILEEE!

:w:

Kittygyal
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
salamualikum.
shukran ukthi, it doesn't hurt for doing the lightest thing so yeah smiling is a charity subhnallah :)
Ma'assalama

Khayal
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
:arabic6:

Emperor
02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
This is a very nice article.:)

Indeed, charity is much more than handing out money you can spare.

Khayal
02-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Khayal
02-05-2007, 10:54 PM

islamway
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
by posting such a thread you gave a smile on my face you made my day:shade: .jazakallah khair may Allah reward you and all muslims Ameen.

jazakallahakhair sister:smile:

Khayal
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Khayal
02-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Khayal
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM

Al-Hanbali
02-09-2007, 09:00 PM
:sl:

:) :) :)

Khayal
02-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Khayal
02-14-2007, 05:21 PM

:p

Khayal
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM

aqsakhan
12-17-2007, 06:58 AM
:sl::sunny:
its so easy to smile and just take few muscles movements and bones ofcourse buttttttttttttttttttttttt......................... ..
Today everyone is so busy tht noone have tht much tiem also so tht they cud give a smile and make someones day
I did'nt meant tht an islamic sister shud give a big smile to an islamic brother and vice versa but meant tht we shud make our selves so much easy and lovable tht because of our one smile which takes no time we can make someone's day
As this is there tht while welcoming someone in islam fisrt is saying salam with a smile,can we make it into a daily practice inshahallah and to make it common practice in muslims???????????
salam with smile wud make a dayyyyyyyyyy
:sl::sunny:

aqsakhan
12-17-2007, 07:00 AM
i just felt it and sorry if i cud have not framed my request in good manner
jazakallah khair for ur time

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum
JazakAllahu... lovely post
smiles all round.

.....:):):)....
...:).........:)...
.....:):):)....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.