/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions??

deen
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
i have a couple of questions and i hope someone from the forum could answer it. And can u please provide a hadith or an ayah from the quran.

1. Are woman allowed to wear silk?
2. how do u perform tahajud prayers and at what time and raakats?
3. what should one do in the laylatul qadr?
4. how to perform qiyaam ul layl? raakats? time?

Hope some1 could answer my questions
thank u

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen
i have a couple of questions and i hope someone from the forum could answer it. And can u please provide a hadith or an ayah from the quran.

1. Are woman allowed to wear silk?
2. how do u perform tahajud prayers and at what time and raakats?
3. what should one do in the laylatul qadr?
4. how to perform qiyaam ul layl? raakats? time?

Hope some1 could answer my questions
thank u
:sl:

Welcome to the forums :)

1- Yes women are allowed to wear silk. It is forbidden to men though.

2- Tahajud is performed in the middle of the night, usually a few hours before dawn. It consists of 8 rakats and usually longer Surahs are read in it.

3- Pray to Allah, stay up the nights. The laylatul Qadr can either be the 21, 23, 25, 27 or 29th night or Ramadan. We dont know which exactly. Stay up the night and pray to Allah, recite Quran , make Dua. bAsically spend the night in acts of worship

4- Qiyam ul-layl means "standing at night", as far as i know it is the same as Tahajjud. Inshallah others can clear that up.

Hope that helped Inshallah,

:w:

eyes_of_mine
10-26-2005, 02:57 PM
For me the hadiths are conflicting regards to wearing silk.
On one hand they indicate that NONE should wear silk in this life and if they did they either will not have a place in the here after OR they wont wear it in the hereafter.

Then there is hadiths saying you should wear a inch worth of silk if any at all.

Hadiths saying the Apostle's daughter wore silk.

Check out all hadiths regarding Dress and you will see what I mean.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.