/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question

~*~Serene~*~
10-26-2005, 05:49 PM
asalamu alaikum

i'm with a sister a right now and she is asking me if there is verse from the quran that she can say before she can go and do her exam. Does anyone know it??

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sorry for the late reply. i was just looking for some answer related to a question like this. insha Allah this should help though:

Question
As-Salam `Alaykum. Sometimes, I face a difficulty in exams. At that time, I feel that I am at a loss. I really don’t know what to do! Is there any Qur’anic verse I can recite at that time?

Answer

Wa`alaykum As-Salamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In The Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you very much for having confidence in us, and we implore Allah to grant you remarkable success and ease your difficulty, Amen.

Generally speaking, you should implore Allah to help you make the best use of your time during the school days in a beneficial way, and to enable you to serve Him better. Always realize that success is from Allah Alone, which means that you should seek His Guidance. Implore Him to make you complete your studies quickly from school and to apply what you have learned.

Also, ask Him to help you apply Islam while at school, by not missing prayers and by coordinating your efforts with other Muslims for good causes that are beneficial to the Muslim Ummah.

Seeking Allah’s Help not only reminds us of our Lord, but also puts everything into its rightful place. It reminds us that we are so completely dependent upon Allah, whilst He is free of any need.

Thus, whoever Allah is with, then that person is a troop, which is never defeated, and a soldier who does not fall and a guide who does not mislead.

Focusing more on your question in point, Sheikh Ja`far Ahmad At-Tahlawi, the prominent Azharite scholar, states:

“If you face any difficulty during the exams or even if you want to achieve remarkable success in gaining useful knowledge, you should implore Allah from the depth of your heart to grant you that useful knowledge and to make things easy for you. It is also better to implore Allah while reciting the following verses:

“(Moses) said: My Lord! Relieve my mind. And ease my task for me; And loose a knot from my tongue. That they may understand my saying.” (Taha: 25-28)"

You can also read:

Cheating in Exams

Du`a’: Worship and Resort of the Helpless

Du`a': Its Etiquette & Optimum Time

If you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to write back!

May Allah guide you to the straight path, and guide you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

Allah Almighty knows best.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.source

~*~Serene~*~
10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
jazakallahu khairan bro :) . are u a scholar?

- Qatada -
10-26-2005, 08:01 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

lol nah az if bro. i just wna learn more about islam to strengthen my faith.. and when people ask questions i look into it, and with Allah (swt)'s help i find the answer.. so that way i learn more lol. so plz do ask more questions n erythin. jazak Allah khayr. (may Allah (swt) reward you) and your family. ameen.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~*~Serene~*~
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
cool. i'll ask away.

(may Allah (swt) reward you) and your family TOO. ameen

~*~Serene~*~
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
okay i have more questions:

most my life i thought there was one quran. but this year i was surfing the web and found out some interesting stuff.

this stuff about volumes .vol.vol2vol3. even yesterday i was salating at school and found books with these volumes on them . what is that about? i opened it up and there are hadeeths.how many volumes are there?why are there volumes?

and there is this guy named --->sahih barki ( i think i spell it wrong). Explain him to.

I surfed the web trying to understanding this months ago. and i get bits and pieces put no the whole picture.maybe i should even ask how the quran was put together.

thank u. if no anwers these questions. inshallah i make another dedicated to them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.