/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any catchy islamic phrases?

Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 06:59 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu brothers and sisters in Islam!

I hope you all in good health inhsa Allah and ameen to that.

well basically im designing this poster to persuade any muslim youngsters in college to attend islamic studies. I was wondering if you know any catchy slogons to grip thier attention. It's quite difficult as well especially when they think is cool not to be islamic..etc

jazahka Allah khair in advance.

May Allah s.w.a reward you well ameen!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
anyone?

Noor
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
:sl:

How about.....Are you down with the muslim crowd?.....

:w:

Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 07:59 PM
That sounds good jazahka Allah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
10-26-2005, 09:26 PM
"life is fitnah"

Protected_Diamond
10-26-2005, 09:33 PM
ok these are the ones that i got so far including the ones above (jazahka Allah khair)

Open your real eyes and realize the real lies portrayed by the media about Islam!- just thought of that now lol

Are YOU a Muslim only by name?

what do you think?

minaz
10-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Are YOU a Muslim only by name?
Thats a good one, first one looks bit boring for a youngster, oo what age group are your targeting?

Protected_Diamond
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
jazahak Allah well basically anyone in college so that's between the age of 16 - 30ish

Noor
10-27-2005, 08:33 PM

How about....Got Taqwa? or Got Deen? ...or Got Eeman?

I so copied that from some article I read the other day...but it's a Canadian article, so you wont be really plagiarizing.

or ...Got your ticket to Jannah?

or... How much eeman can a muslim have if a muslim doesn't have taqwa? (also know as How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?...)

Many more to come...inshallah. :)

Umm Yoosuf
10-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Well whats the lucture, talk going to be about?

Samee
10-27-2005, 09:14 PM

Before you cross, look each way and you'll get home, safe each day.

;)

Protected_Diamond
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
jazahka Allah khair btw is a poster and not a lecture...some wiked phrases jazhka Allah khair

azim
10-29-2005, 01:55 AM
With teenagers and Islam, you need to make them look stupid for not being a muslim. Don't try to appeal to us, well them (I'm a teenager too btw), just go on the pretence that Islam = cool, Muslim who doesnt follow Islam = complete idiot.

Some sayings from the Quran might be good. For example : -

"O, you who believe".

I always thought that was very powerful.

Using quotes from famous muslims could work as well.

"If we dont stand for something, we may fall for anything" - Malcolm X

"We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last." - Muhammad Ali

Good luck with the project and inshallah you're rewarded for it. Salaam.

czgibson
10-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Greetings,

I know lots of catchy phrases, but very few of them are Islamic. Here's one that might be useful for you, though:

"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing - they believe in anything." - G.K. Chesterton

It's something I've found to be generally true...

Peace

*charisma*
10-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I like bro Azim's Ideas
i think that maybe you could go for a quranic verse that will sum it up

like for example:

A similar (favour have ye already recieved) in that We have sent among you a messenger of your own rehearsing to you Our Signs, and purifying you in Scripture and Wisdom, and in new Knowledge. 2:151

Then do ye remember me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me; and reject not faith. 2:152

When my servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them). I respond to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth upon Me: let them also, with a will listen to my call, and believe in me that they may walk in the right way. 2:156

When it is said to him, "Fear Allah," he is led by arrogance to (more crime). Enough for him is Hell; - an evil bed indeed to lie on! 2:206

The life of this world is alluring to those who reject faith, and they scoff at those who believe. But the righteuous will above them on the day of Resurrection for Allah bestows His abundance without measure on whom He wills. 2:212

The parable of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn; it groweth seven ears, and each ear hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth minifold increase to whome He pleaseth; and He knoweth all things. 2:261

sorry if they are long.........maybe u were looking for somethin shorter?
u cud use other quotes too...........

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

NABILA613
10-29-2005, 02:44 AM
How about.... This Life is just a test, 4 u Me and The rest, I suggest u do ur best, and to this.....I will attest!!! :D

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-29-2005, 04:18 AM
The shortest distance b/w a problem and its solution is the distance b/w ur knees and the ground..Sajdah!!

n other one:

"Born 2 worship...living to learn"

Nav!rA.

bila
10-29-2005, 07:41 AM
maybe "taqwa inside" or "jannah inside"
instead of "intel inside" using intel logo
i think it would be nice

F.Y.
10-29-2005, 07:46 AM
"A one way trip to the Hereafter" ?? maybe, i dunno.

I also like the idea of Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali quotes. May you be rewarded brother.

azim
10-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Rewarded with reps :D

Someone, an Israeli PM I think, said 'When there are as many muslims in fajr prayer as there are in Tarwawih prayers - then we'll be afraid of them'. Should be a good reminder to the not-so-practising muslims that they're letting their deen be corrupted every second they don't pray.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-31-2005, 03:20 AM

i have few islamic phrases...

(1).Modesty Is Part Of Faith
(2).Take From Your Health For Your Sickness & From Your Life For Your Death
(3).Victory Comes With Patience
(4).Islam is not just a religion; it is a governing system free from discrimination and greed
(5).The Ummah is like a body, if one part gets hurt, the rest of the body feels the pain
(6)Let Every Jealous One Perish In His Rage

many of what i quoted above are hadith or sayings from respected scholars...it's beneficial.

Muezzin
10-31-2005, 06:50 AM
I love the Malcom X and Muhammad Ali quotes. Here's some more:

'Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. ' - Malcolm X

'The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.' - Malcolm X

'I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace.' - Muhammad Ali (this might be more effective if you have a large pic of him as well)

'I run on the road, long before I dance under the lights.' - Muhammad Ali (maybe could use it as a reference to working in this life to gain Paradise?)

'We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.' - Muhammad Ali (BRILLIANT!)

'If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.' - Muhammad Ali (I don't know how relevant this is; it just made me laugh)

islamonline
10-31-2005, 02:53 PM
had a few , will have to look for em

F.Y.
11-02-2005, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

'We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.' - Muhammad Ali (BRILLIANT!))
Lovely! Simple, yet...catchy i guess.

'If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.' - Muhammad Ali (I don't know how relevant this is; it just made me laugh)[/QUOTE]
That is unbelievaly hilarious!! lol. Very very blunt.

------
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
:salamext:

"Pray as if Hell is in front of your eyes."

paradise88
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee

Before you cross, look each way and you'll get home, safe each day.

;)

:D your funny..hehe (not in a bad way) aww

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.