/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Student - Me!

Henry
10-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu brothers and sisters :)

I have talked to my parents and they OK'ed me going to the Middle East for six months or something as an exchange student.

One problem though, we don't know where to begin. I am interested in either Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia. My friend has some family in Pakistan and Afghanistan, so I am keen on those two counties :)

Does anyone know how I could become an Exchange student? I just really have no clue. I will be talking to my guidance counselor inshallah tomorrow about this.

Inshallah I'll become a better Muslim :) It's always been my dream ever since reverting to Islam to go there. It would prepare me heavily to go there again after college or highschool.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
striver_of_life
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
salaam sister,
wow, you have some dreams! it's good though. never let anyone stop you from doing that. and remember, when the right opportunity comes in fron of you, try to grab it...oh, and make sure you cling on to it!

hoping4jannah
10-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Salam alaikum brother,

MashaAllah, may Allah reward you for this feeling you have. When you go, I'd advise you to remember, that the Muslims, do NOT represent Islam. In the countries you named, you will see and find many things which are not enjoined by Islam. Ofcourse, by name these are 'Muslim' countries, but sadly that is not what is followed or practiced.

Of all things, you must be aware of much of the bid3ah, and shirk, in the cover of Islam. Before you finally go, do become make urself aware (we have many good brothers and sisters from those countries) of these issues inshaAllah.

About how you can be an exchange student, I really have no idea but I didnt even know this idea existed in countries like pak, afgh, and ksa!!

I havent read any of your other posts. Maybe am making u repeat yourself (sorry!!) But where are you from and how long have u been muslim?

I hope you have a grand and enlightening trip inshaAllah :)

Henry
10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabakatu Brothers and Sisters,

From the research I have done, the closest country I have found is Turkey :(

(I've been a Muslim since November 2003. I was born in the US and I don't intend to die here at all)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
10-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulilaahi Wa Barakatuh Brother
I have no idea what an Exchange Student is?! I'd advice you to go to Saudi Arabia. Its the best place to learn the deen. Visite Makkah and Madina Insha Allah.

Zuko
10-27-2005, 11:59 PM
:w:

I hope this site will be useful... Apparently I think the only Muslim countries you can visit there are Turkey and Egypt... But I could be wrong...

http://www.afs.org/AFSI/content/page.php?uid=50

^^^There you gotta sign up and they'll send you an e-mail telling you everything...

And while you're at it, check this one:

http://www.afs.org/AFSI/content/page.php?uid=3

If you don't live in the U.S., click on the above link (2nd one I posted), and choose your country...

If you live in the United States, contact AFS-USA by phone at 1-800-AFS-INFO, by email at info.center@afs.org, or by visiting their website at http://www.afs.org/usa...

I hope this will be of some help...

:w:

mawa
10-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Asalama aleykum waraxmatulahi wabarakatuhu
pro henrik welkome to islam iam realy hapy for you and also your drem that you want to learn deen alhamdulilaah may Allah make your way esy amin
the best place to learn deen is a allahs house (makka saudi arabia)
asalama aleykum and ied mubarak

mawa
10-31-2005, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Henry
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabakatu Brothers and Sisters,

From the research I have done, the closest country I have found is Turkey :(

(I've been a Muslim since November 2003. I was born in the US and I don't intend to die here at all)
i forgot to say pro henrik make duaul isrikhara it wil help you insha alah

*charisma*
11-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

mashallah its great to see that u have an interest in the Middle eastern countries, i hope u will enjoy it there inshallah

in my school we have extra curricular activities/ groups or whatever and usually there u can talk to the head teacher about it...i dunno if u have that at ur school, but yea talking to ur guidance councler wud be gud
inshallah everything turns out great bro :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Bittersteel
11-01-2005, 02:12 AM
henry go to Saudi Arabia.We need someone to observe thta country and how the people are treated there...pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 10:17 AM
We need someone to observe thta country and how the people are treated there...pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!

:sl:
Wat u talking about? not every1 in saudi is bad!!!

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 11:55 AM
salam
saudi is a nice country with nice people, look at the people of madinah, they are so hospitable mashallah, look at the great ulama's like Sheikh Sudais, Sheikh Shuraim, Sheikh Budair etc
wasalam

Bittersteel
11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Wat u talking about? not every1 in saudi is bad!!!
I know I know!Just need someone reliable to confirm every married woman does not get beaten up by their husbands.

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
salam
bro who said that wives get beaten by their husbands? always verify your facts before speaking please
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
I know I know!Just need someone reliable to confirm every married woman does not get beaten up by their husbands.

Oh okay....I understand ur point now. But, I must say.....nt all of em are bad. Though, there are a few (i knw) who beat their wives black and blue.:heated: :heated:

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
bro who said that wives get beaten by their husbands? always verify your facts before speaking please
wasalam

It does happen brother. Its just....some woemn are too scred to speak out.:mad:

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 12:23 PM
salam
if they are scared to speak out, then how do you know they get beaten or how do you know they are scared?
please don't make assumptions
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
if they are scared to speak out, then how do you know they get beaten or how do you know they are scared?
please don't make assumptions
wasalam

Bcuz there are a few sisters I know of okay.....will u stop making it such an issue. I'm not making assumptions!!
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Why dont u luk up: Rania al baz. Type it into the image search engine. She is just ONE of them.

The thing is.....it doesnt ONLY happen in saudi it happens worldwide.

Thats enuf....I hate going off topic.

Allah ma3ak

Taalib-e-'Ilm
11-03-2005, 02:18 AM
salam, allah help u and guide u wherever u go ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.