/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping on the right side

~*~Serene~*~
10-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Sleeping on the right side
Posted byAdministrator on Saturday, February 19 @ 03:42:16 ??
Contributed by Administrator

Lying down can be on the back, on the abdomen, on the left or right side. Which of these positions is the best for the functioning of the organs?

When lying on the abdomen, as Dr Attar says, a person will feel after a while short of breath as the backbones’ mass prevents the chest from contracting and then relaxing during inhalation and exhalation. Moreover this position leads to an obligatory bending in the neck vertebraes. Also, the contact of the reproductive organs with the bed leads to masturbation.

The resulting respiratory crisis results in brain and heart fatigue as well.

An Australian researcher noticed the increase in the likelihood of babies’ sudden death when they sleep on their stomach compared to those who sleep on one of the sides. It is inimitable that these modern studies agree with what our prophet said as narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): “When the prophet (peace be upon him) saw a man lying on his front, He said (Allah and his prophet dislike this position in lying) ” (Reported by Al-Tirmdhi)

Another Hadith is the one narrated by Abu Umama (May Allah be pleased with him) he said: “ When the Prophet (peace be upon him) passed a man sleeping on his front in the mosque he hit him with his feet and said: wake up and seat as this is a diabolic sleep”

Lying on the back, on the other hand, causes the respiration to be through the mouth. Dr Attar sees that the mouth opens up when lying on back as the inferior jaw relax.

However, the nose is the one prepared for respiration, as it contains hairs and mucous that act to purify the air entering during inspiration, and as it has dense blood vessels that make the entering air warmer.

Respiration through the mouth then makes the person prone to colds, especially in the winter, and also to gum dryness and its resulting inflammation.

As well as it evokes potential situations of dissemble excess or gumic hugely.

So these positions the jaw and uvula oppose the wideness of nose and prevents current of breath.

So snoring will increase.

Moreover, in this case, the person wakes up with an abnormal white layer covering h獩琠湯畧 is tongue and an undesirable mouth odour.

Sleeping on the left side is not favoured either, as the heart would be then under the pressure of the right lung, the biggest of the two lungs, and this would affect its contraction especially if the person is old. The full stomach which itself is under the pressure of the heaviest organ in the digestive tract, the liver, which delays its emptying, would also impose a pressure on the heart.

A group of experiments done by Galteh and Butseh found that the passage of food from the stomach to the intestines takes from 2.5 to 4.5 hours if a person is sleeping on the right side whereas its takes 5 to 8 hours if he is sleeping on the left side.

Thus, sleeping on the right side is the correct position as the left lung is smaller than the right one and the pressure on the heart would therefore be less, the liver would not be suspended, and the stomach would be on it and so emptying its contents would be quicker.

Moreover sleeping on the right side is one of the best medical interventions to facilitate the excretion of the mucous secretions of the left respiratory bronchioles.

That is what was said by Dr Al Rawi who added that the reason for the expansion of the airways in the left lung and not the ones in the right one is that the right lung’s bronchioles are laterally positioned to a certain extent, whereas the ones in the left lung are vertical and so it is harder to push the secretions upwards to be excreted. This leads to their accumulation in the inferior segment, leading to the expansion .The symptoms at this stage is excessive phlegm discharge in the morning which may exacerbate and lead to serious illnesses such as lungs’ apse and urinary disease, and one of the most modern treatments for those cases is sleeping on the right side.

(Translated by R.C) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- References :

- Miracles of Islamic medicine Vol.4 by Dr Mohammad Nezar Al Deker
- Dr Thafer Al Attar “Lay down on your right side” from Your Doctor magazine 1961
- The Arabic medical magazine: The wrong sleeping positions N(196 Year 1993
- The Art Of Health And Protective Medicine by Dr Ahmad Hamdi Alkhayat (university of Damascus).
source:

http://www.55a.net/en/miracles/a057.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
10-31-2005, 11:48 PM
:sl:

Mashallah, Jazkullah khair for that.

theprince786
11-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for that. Wasn't it also sunnah or hadith to sleep on the right side, I think?
Great article.
:w:

theprince786
11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks for that. Wasn't it also sunnah or hadith to sleep on the right side, I think?
Great article.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
montoyauk
11-01-2005, 01:33 AM
researchers are very behind..there just find out that sleeping on right side is good for u.:mad:

when our prophet muhammad(s.a.w) use to sleep on his right side.
as its sunnah of our prophet muhammad(s.a.w):loving:

~*~Serene~*~
11-01-2005, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by montoyauk
researchers are very behind..there just find out that sleeping on right side is good for u.:mad:

when our prophet muhammad(s.a.w) use to sleep on his right side.
as its sunnah of our prophet muhammad(s.a.w):loving:
you nailed it. that's exactly why i posted it.

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
salam
mashallah
subhanallah
wasalam

Ummah
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Asalaamualaikum
Respiration through the mouth then makes the person prone to colds, especially in the winter, and also to gum dryness and its resulting inflammation.
lol... they forgot to mention all the big hairy spiders you swallow :giggling:

Sleeping on the left side is not favoured either, as the heart would be then under the pressure of the right lung, the biggest of the two lungs, and this would affect its contraction especially if the person is old. The full stomach which itself is under the pressure of the heaviest organ in the digestive tract, the liver, which delays its emptying, would also impose a pressure on the heart.
By the way i watched a programme about this where a group of doctors confirmed that this is not true. Obviously i do not know who is right, and im no doctor myself, but just to warn you to be prepared for such a remark off a person who may read this in the future. (by the way, when i sleep on my left side, i actually DO feel like there's more pressure on my heart :uuh: )

right side is the best.... yayyy :lol:

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM
salam
lol sis
my cousin said the best way to sleep is on the right, with your right hand under your face, left arm on your body and bend your knees a bit so you don't tilt over
he said if you sleep like this, your body forms an arabic word of muhammad, your head being the mim, your chest being the ha, your knees being the mim and below your knees being the daal
he said something like that which i found amazing
wasalam

Ummah
11-01-2005, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
lol sis
my cousin said the best way to sleep is on the right, with your right hand under your face, left arm on your body and bend your knees a bit so you don't tilt over
he said if you sleep like this, your body forms an arabic word of muhammad, your head being the mim, your chest being the ha, your knees being the mim and below your knees being the daal
wasalam
Asalaamualaikum

:uuh: wow mashAllah i never knew that, i didnt think of that either.

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM
salam
at first i thought impossible, then i tried it and thought yeah he was talking sense after all
wasalam

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I always try to sleep on the right side but then i get tired :X

Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM

I find it rather comfortable sleeping on my right side.

JazakAllah to brother metsudaistwice for sharing such an amazing fact!:cool2:

Allah ma3akum

habib
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Masha Allah such a nice sharing...

Jazakallah

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
lol sis
wasalam
masha Allah that's trully amazing!:sister:

Marina-Aisha
05-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Well I can never sleep on my side I find it very uncomfortable I always sleep on my tummy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.