/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Home Schooling

j50yab
10-31-2005, 10:08 PM
:sl:

Anyone on here home school their children or
Anyone on here who are home schooled?

My son is five and has never spent one day in school.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha Allah! really? do you teach him about islam within the home etc. and what country are you located in? not much people do this in the uk, especially in my area.. i've never even known if it was allowed in the uk unless your parents are qualified teachers or somethin..

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

j50yab
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM

dear brother akhee

I live in england. And no you do not need to be a teacher to teach your child at home. Using the internet you can order a syllabus to teach your child the national curriculum. My wife does all the hard work. So my son learns all the necessary english vocation i.e letters, numbers colours etc, but at the same time it is done in an Islamic environment i.e our home. Many others in our small city do home schooling as well so there is help around if needed. And as for the authorities, they are by law only allowed to visit once a year to see the progress of the child. Obviously you would need to keep work and drawings of the child, that he or she has done to show the representative when they come. Alhumdollilah we have certainly noticed the difference in behaviour from other 5 year old that attend our local urban primary school.

If you require more info please ask.

Jazakallah.

- Qatada -
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM

jazak Allaah khayr for the info. brother. thats really shocking because i never knew the government would allow that. i'm only 16 so i've just left high school and joined college even though i dont like it there much, i can say that i've learnt more at home off a forum about islam than i ever have in college or high school. i believe its because i've wanted to learn about islam for a long time and now i'm interested - Allaah (subhana hu wa ta'ala) gave me the knowledge and guidance alhamdulillah.

i would say that there are quite a few advantages in home schooling eg. the islamic environment, the chance for the child to focus more on studies than getting distracted by others who have a bad influence etc. to stay away from fitnah etc.

but there are quite a few disadvantages too eg. the child having less social skills, communication skills etc.

but i thought over it a few weeks back, and i feel it is way more give your child the islamic knowledge while they are young, this way they will gain the islamic knowledge first hand without having secular thoughts. as they get older they will get answers from reliable islamic sources which will build up on their faith instead of getting brainwashed by the ways of the kuffar eg. if the child was in school and a non muslim asked your child a question such as 'can you see god?' the child may get confused and it may make him feel confused, whereas if a child is bought up in a pure islamic environment, s/he will gain the islamic knowledge and when learnt, they can answer all the questions that are put to them with reliable sources etc. insha Allah.

sorry for the essay lol. jazak Allah khayr bro, may Allah (swt) reward you and your family immensely for your hard efforts and may Allah (swt) send peace and blessings upon his beloved rasool and his (pbuh)'s beloved family. ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummbilal
11-02-2005, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by j50yab

Anyone on here home school their children or
Anyone on here who are home schooled?

My son is five and has never spent one day in school.
Allhumdulilah We home educate our children we have 3 boys aged 9, 5 and 2, try some of these links , inshaallah they will be useful for your son.

http://www.studydog.com/

http://www.starfall.com/

to learn to read

where are you? we are in the UK:rose:

ummbilal
11-02-2005, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee

masha Allah! really? do you teach him about islam within the home etc. and what country are you located in? not much people do this in the uk, especially in my area.. i've never even known if it was allowed in the uk unless your parents are qualified teachers or somethin..

salaam alakum bro,

its very big here in UK check out the islamic home educators advise service

http://www.islamichomeeducation.co.uk/

j50yab
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
Allhumdulilah We home educate our children we have 3 boys aged 9, 5 and 2, try some of these links , inshaallah they will be useful for your son.

http://www.studydog.com/

http://www.starfall.com/

to learn to read

where are you? we are in the UK:rose:

Jazakallah Khair for the links. We are also subscribed to Ihsan. Indeed, in the last issue (I think) my son Hamzah contributed a poem about Allah in the sky.

We live in a small city called Gloucester (between Bristol and Birmingham).

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
My son is five and has never spent one day in school.[/QUOTE]

:w:
Im kind of curious.

Why dont u send ur child to skool?

ummbilal
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
well sister,

i did send my kids to school for a while before realising that it was full of fitnah and social pressures to act kufr,
to cut a long story short, at home my children can relax, spend all day learning a surah or spend 2 hours on a math problem, take ramadan off to concentrate on worshiping Allah and attending tarawih prayers,

I am confident that in a few years inshaallah my eldest will be sitting GCSE'S in Islam and computing and maybe history and some scince subjects,

we have an emence amount of freedom and children who really know their deen and will grow to LOVE it inshaallah,

dont worry they have LOTS of frinds muslim and non muslim and we go out loads to museums, home educator meetings, masjid, other fun events libraries etc..

most home educated children grow into well educated balanced adults with a thirst for learning mashallah and go on to uni to study something they really love.

public schools suck at the moment what with sats and bad teaching, kids smoking and swearing, teenage pregnancy etc.. and thats without the bullying etc..

hope that answered ya question sis.

j50yab
11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Why dont u send ur child to skool?[/QUOTE]

Dear Sister

I strongly believe that the teaching of Islam should be one from the day a child is born. My son does not go to school because I do not want him to come home swearing, singing or being tottaly rude. These things are picked up from school from kids who are allowed to watch any old rubbish on TV and worst of all language picked up from their parents, Nawuzubillah.

If we can teach our child the basic charecteristics of our Prophet PBUH at an early age, then Insha Allah when he is older he will easily be able to choose himself between right & wrong. He will feel no peer pressure to smoke, take drugs or get involved with the fitnah of this world.

This is ideally how I would like my son to grow up. I can teach this to him at home right now.

How he will turn out only Allah SWT knows

- Qatada -
11-02-2005, 08:06 PM
masha Allah.. one of the hardest times is when the child grows into their teenage years. but have faith in Allah (swt) and insha Allah erythin will turn out alright.

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 08:22 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

mashA Allah that's wiked, i think there are more good islamic advantages teaching a child at home than there is when they learning in a western school!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.