/* */

PDA

View Full Version : niqab...what do you think?

Protected_Diamond
11-01-2005, 06:09 AM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Is it faraz upon the believing women to wear a niqqab? If yes is there any hadith's to prove this?

I wear the niqqab yeah (im not trying to big myself up or anyfin) but some of my mates feel that it's not faraz whereas i feel it is, but they mentioned that if you don't wear it in Hajj then im sure you don't need to wear it when you not in Hajj :sister:

discuss please

jazahka Allah khair

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desai
11-01-2005, 06:26 AM
:sl:

It is the beauty from the face where passions are stirred up and the lusts are excited. The woman is bound to veil her hair, face, bosom, palms and feet according to the teachings of Islam.

Veiling is a protection for Muslim woman against the behaviour of the wicked.

It gives her an honoured position in the society.

It acts as a barrier between men and women to keep them away from sins.

It is a means for observing chastity of woman.

It awakens the fear of Allah in the heart of man and woman and saves them from falling into evil.

It teaches man to respect the veiled woman.

An ayat from the Qur'an;
O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (except eyes to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed.’ (33:59)

As a matter of fact, the charm of woman is incorporated in her personality and dress. So, Allah has ordered woman to draw cloaks and hide her beauty from the strangers and distant relatives.

:w:

Protected_Diamond
11-01-2005, 06:31 AM

yeah masha Allah i totally agree with you, brothers and sisters look at the face first before anything else, it's natural and by wearing the niqqab you are protecting yoself and mabey even the believer from looking at you.

so the ayat from the quran sharif proves that women should cover themselves excpet thier eye's and hands.

jazahka Allah khair bro

Bittersteel
11-01-2005, 08:12 AM
well watch out for all those women's rights groups.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 08:51 AM

what do I think abouy Niqab?

Well, u see, I USED TO wear the niqab. It felt fantastic. I started wearing it at the age of 11. Then, wen I started going to uni with mom for ISOC events ppl (syrians especially) kept telling me that Allah dont want us to cover our faces. This went on for....approx 5 years. Eventually, wen I was 15 I told mom I had enuf of it. I didnt really, it was the ppl I'd had enuf of!!

Wallah! I so regret taking my niqab off. It was my joy and pride....I swear!! Maybe one day wen Im married Ill wear it again......but deep down it hurts to have taken it off.:embarrass

(The true veil is in the eyes of men - Arab Proverb)

Allah ma3akum

p.s: If u ever start wearing the niqab DONT fling it off like I did - Thats the only mistake u can ever make.

m_2005
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM

May Allah make it easy for you to wear it again

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

May Allah make it easy for you to wear it again

:sl: InshAllah He will. Ameen.

Just a minute... :giggling: ...okay, thats better.

Allah ma3ak.

m_2005
11-01-2005, 09:04 AM

What about all the :giggling: about?:hmm:

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

What about all the :giggling: about?:hmm:

:sl: Ive chemstry at 10:45am so Im doing silly things to cheer myself up. You get wat I mean brother.

off topic!!

Niqab? Sisters, if u wanna wear it....go for it. Dont let ppl stop u.

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
salam
i think niqaab is totally essential in a sisters life and they should try and wear it at all times, sis ameeratul layl its not that hard to put on the niqaab
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i think niqaab is totally essential in a sisters life and they should try and wear it at all times, sis ameeratul layl its not that hard to put on the niqaab
wasalam

:sl: I dont want ppl who know me very well to think Im ahypocrate by puttin it on again. So, Im going to use my future husband as an excuse. Clever ay? Yeah, I know.:giggling:

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 09:17 AM
salam
sis that isn't clever:heated:
why don't you wear your niqaab now? but its up to you so i can't argue sis
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 09:22 AM
salam
sis that isn't clever:heated:
why don't you wear your niqaab now? but its up to you so i can't argue sis
wasalam

Certain reasons why I cant now. Not gna go into it....cuz Im not going to tell you.

CASE CLOSED!!

Allah ma3akum

baby_muslimah15
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Salaamz, what I think about the niqaab? Hmm..personally I dont wear it, my mom does and she loves it...I dont feel right wearing it cuz if I put it on its 4 the wrong reasons and I wanna know i'm doing it 4 me, plus I dont feel brave enough 2 wear it in America, haveing BUSH as a President, I dont fear him or anything its just all thats been going on!!!, But sis feel free 2 wear it, I think the niqaab makes the women look even more pretty, cuz all you see iz their eyes...(I use to tell my mom can I wear a niqaab? she well give me 1 and I feel like i'm da stuff, then once we hit da stores we were goin to I took it straight off!) I wanna wear it soooo bad, but its sumthin in me that just dont wanna put it on.....Salaamz

P.S sis Ameeratul Layl(I well make dua that you put it back on InshaAllah) and make du'a 4 me as well! plz

Lonely_Boy
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
salam
wasalam
101% agree with u brother and wish that ALLAH guide all sisters to do it INSHALLAH

REMEM IN PRAYERS

someone
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desai

It is the beauty from the face where passions are stirred up and the lusts are excited. The woman is bound to veil her hair, face, bosom, palms and feet according to the teachings of Islam.

Veiling is a protection for Muslim woman against the behaviour of the wicked.

It gives her an honoured position in the society.

It acts as a barrier between men and women to keep them away from sins.

It is a means for observing chastity of woman.

It awakens the fear of Allah in the heart of man and woman and saves them from falling into evil.

It teaches man to respect the veiled woman.

An ayat from the Qur'an;
O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (except eyes to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed.’ (33:59)

As a matter of fact, the charm of woman is incorporated in her personality and dress. So, Allah has ordered woman to draw cloaks and hide her beauty from the strangers and distant relatives.

Wa Alaykumus salaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh

MashaAllah. :peace:

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 11:19 AM
salam
women are advised to wear garments that reaches as low as it can whilst men are told to wear garments above ankles
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

I love wearing niqab but i must confess I am only a part timer. I cant wear niqab while im at work. and I have to work else id be homeless so...based on that fact Im only part time niqabi.

As soon as i no longer have to work then i will become a fulltime niqabi inshaAllah.

sis AmerratulLayl inshAllah ull wear niqab again soon

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
salam
inshallah sis
wasalam

someone
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Salaamz, what I think about the niqaab? Hmm..personally I dont wear it, my mom does and she loves it...I dont feel right wearing it cuz if I put it on its 4 the wrong reasons and I wanna know i'm doing it 4 me, plus I dont feel brave enough 2 wear it in America, haveing BUSH as a President, I dont fear him or anything its just all thats been going on!!!, But sis feel free 2 wear it, I think the niqaab makes the women look even more pretty, cuz all you see iz their eyes...(I use to tell my mom can I wear a niqaab? she well give me 1 and I feel like i'm da stuff, then once we hit da stores we were goin to I took it straight off!) I wanna wear it soooo bad, but its sumthin in me that just dont wanna put it on.....Salaamz

P.S sis Ameeratul Layl(I well make dua that you put it back on InshaAllah) and make du'a 4 me as well! plz
As'salaamu alaykum sis,

You somewhat remind me of myself before I started wearing Niqaab. I too used to try it on before leaving the house but never had the guts to actually leave the house with it on! (Well, I did leave the house with it on a few times, but only to walk around the neighbourhood and thats about it!) I had the love for niqaab in me just needed a push into wearing it and Alhumdulillah I was given that 'push' and I started wearing it. No regrets Alhumdulillah! :loving: Once you start, you get this feeling which I cannot even explain..a feeling of protection and peace and something even more than that. You feel closer to Allah...

That something in you that doesnt want to put it on is none other than the whisper of shaitaan.

I know it's essential and my advise to all the Sisters who wants to start ..don't wait too late or after you're married. Start now before shaitan turns your mind and heart away from it.

And Sister Ameeratul Layl, I pray that Allah grants you the ability to start wearing the niqaab again...before you are married, InshaAllah :)

Off topic? :X

Ra`eesah
11-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

there are difference in opinions regarding Niqab.
The issue is not wearing "NIQAB" but instead it is what is definded as "Awra" and this is where the difference in opinions come in. its a very deep and intense issue.

However its not what we "think" about niqab, but what we "know". covering the face i believe and from what i have studied is infact farth/wajib. i will provide my proof and evidence from the Quran and authentic hadith soon InshAllah,meantime i wanted to make a few points .

1. when doing an act we must do it sincerely for the Sake of Allah. regradless of it being WAJIB or Sunnah.

2. We must do it regardless, of what ppl say or what we fear.
Allah says:
whoever fears Allah - Allah will create for him a way of deliverance.And will provide him sustenance from a place he had never expected; and whoever relies on Allah – then Allah is Sufficient for him; [Talaq 65:2-3]

3. another thing is that we must be aware of the 2 different types of RIYA' ( showing off )

a. Doing an act of worship for hope of people to praise you or say that you are pious.

b. NOT doing an act of worship for fear people will call you "pious"

either way the action is NOT being done for the sake of Allah, therefore it will fall under Riya.

Far7an
11-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Jazakallah khair sister, I increased the font size of your post, as it was difficult to read.

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 11:43 AM
salam
yeah true words sis
does riya mean showing off?
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
salam
yeah true words sis
does riya mean showing off?
wasalam

Yes brother, it does.

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
salam
jazakallah, am learning
wasalam

S_87
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM

umm i think its wajib ..theres anough evidence for this

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
salam
doesn't it say in the quran that women must cover themselves? doesn't that include niqab?
wsalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
salam
doesn't it say in the quran that women must cover themselves? doesn't that include niqab?
wsalam

I depends on skool of thought as well.

Lina
11-01-2005, 02:35 PM

An act of obedience. The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an:
`It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said:
'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except what must appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

But then again 'Juyubihinna' does not include the face and hands (which is said but different scholars)
It all comes down to the translation of 'Juyubihinna' and if that includes the face and hands.

If I didn't have a clue about Arabic I might think that “juyubihinna" actually means FACE. There is no way that this word means face or body in Arabic. It comes from the root word meaning neck, collarbone in arabic. Not only is the stuff in brackets wrong, but it is inside the quotes of the Quran. This is how the older scriptures got corrupted, people slowly started sneaking their own words into the text. Alhamdulillah Allah promises to protect the Quran until Judgement Day. I have also read ahadith translated so badly, where the word head is substituted with face just to try to make an evidence out of nothing. This is why it is so important for all of us to try to learn Arabic so that we can read things for ourselves instead of someone else’s translation.

The word FACE does not exist in the arabic version of this hadith. it reads "...cut their waist sheets at the edges and FAKHTAMARNABIHA" this word in arabic is derived from the word khimar, and it simply means "they put them as khimar". A khimar does not cover the face. we can prove this by using the following hadith: Abu Dawood Book 2, Hadith # 0641: Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin (Radhiallaahu Ánha) "Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said "Allah does not accept prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a veil." the word they translate as "veil" is in arabic khimar. And we all know that we are not allowed to pray with our faces covered; thus the khimar can not possibly cover the face if we are instructed to wear it when we pray.

Sister Ayaah

As we see there are a lot of different opinions on this matter and Allah knows best. (Allah ou A3lam)

for more info; http://members.tripod.com/~ibnfarooq/niqaab.htm
http://sisters.islamway.com/modules....rticle&sid=329

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Lina;103273]:sl:

I skimmed through ur article sis.
Just want to say: JzakAllah.:happy:

Allah ma3ik
:giggling:

S_87
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
I depends on skool of thought as well.

nope all four imams were in agreement that niqab is waajib:?

mst- Although the Quran does not specifically say cover the face...when the ayahs of Sure Ahzab were revealed that is what the women did. they had more understanding than we ever would today and they understood the Ayahs.

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
[mst- Although the Quran does not specifically say cover the face...when the ayahs of Sure Ahzab were revealed that is what the women did. they had more understanding than we ever would today and they understood the Ayahs.[/QUOTE]

Okay sis. Im gan ask u a question....no im being serious.

If I have a intention to wear the niqab once I am married. Do u think Allah will let me off (not punish) for not wearing it now?

S_87
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
[mst- Although the Quran does not specifically say cover the face...when the ayahs of Sure Ahzab were revealed that is what the women did. they had more understanding than we ever would today and they understood the Ayahs.

If I have a intention to wear the niqab once I am married. Do u think Allah will let me off (not punish) for not wearing it now?[/QUOTE]

im not qualified to answer your question, sorry.:loving:

but whos to say that we will live till we are married?
Allah is Most Merciful

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM

Gud point....Oh well, Ive made a promise that Ill wear it once Im married. My intention is gud....so thats it then.

Silver Pearl
11-01-2005, 02:51 PM
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

There are strong evidence for both sides, thus there is really no point for us to dwelve into an issue we can only speak based merely on opinion. The face isn't seen as awrah by the school of thoughts.

S_87
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

There are strong evidence for both sides, thus there is really no point for us to dwelve into an issue we can only speak based merely on opinion. The face isn't seen as awrah by the school of thoughts.
whats the evidence on the other side?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
salam
wasalam

Agreed bro.

Lina
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM

Exactly, the face isn't seen as 'Awrah,

parts of the body that are not supposed to be exposed to others. For men this is from the navel to the knee. For the women it is all of her body except the hands, feet, and face.

Allah knows best (Allah ou A3lam)

more info; http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_li...am/ch3s1p7.htm

Ameeratul Layl
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

Agreed bro.

Yeah thats it bro....u gang on me as well...:giggling: :giggling:

S_87
11-01-2005, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

parts of the body that are not supposed to be exposed to others. For men this is from the navel to the knee. For the women it is all of her body except the hands, feet, and face.

more info; http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_li...am/ch3s1p7.htm

the article has Quranic ayahs..but with Quran is Sunnah-hadiths to show us what it means.
inshaAllah sis 3washey will elaborate on this :)

Silver Pearl
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
whats the evidence on the other side?

Ibn 'Umar reported: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) forbade women pilgrims from wearing gloves, veils, and clothes dyed with saffron or warse. (A sweet smelling plant that was used to dye clothes yellow) Besides these, they may
wear anything else, any color, silk clothes, ornaments, trousers, or a shirt or shoes." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud, Al-Baihaqi and Al-Hakim, with a sound chain of authorities)

NOTE: Had the face and hands been considered part of the awrah the Prophet (SAW) would have never told the woman not to wear them for hajj. And the hadith is authentic.

Another hadith which back this up is a hadith from Bukhari.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

A person stood up and asked, "O Allah's: Apostle! What clothes may be worn in the state of Ihram?" The Prophet replied, "Do not wear a shirt or trousers, or any headgear (e.g. a turban), or a hooded cloak; but if somebody has no shoes he can wear leather stockings provided they are cut short off the ankles, and also, do not wear anything perfumed with Wars or saffron, and the Muhrima (a woman in the state of Ihram) should not cover her face, or wear gloves."

(Bukhari Volume 3, Book 29, Number 64: )

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Asma, daughter of AbuBakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands.

(Abu Dawud Book 32, Number 4092: and this hadith is Sahih) It is also graded Authentic by Al Albani

In addition don't get me wrong, i also wear the niqaab to the best of my capability due to circumstances.

Lonely_Boy
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM

If I have a intention to wear the niqab once I am married. Do u think Allah will let me off (not punish) for not wearing it now?

im not qualified to answer your question, sorry.:loving:

Allah is Most Merciful[/QUOTE]

Allah Knows best whether he will punish or not agree with Sister Amani
JAZAKALLAH

S_87
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM

Ibn 'Umar reported: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) forbade women pilgrims from wearing gloves, veils, and clothes dyed with saffron or warse. (A sweet smelling plant that was used to dye clothes yellow) Besides these, they may
wear anything else, any color, silk clothes, ornaments, trousers, or a shirt or shoes." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud, Al-Baihaqi and Al-Hakim, with a sound chain of authorities)

NOTE: Had the face and hands been considered part of the awrah the Prophet (SAW) would have never told the woman not to wear them for hajj. And the hadith is authentic.

Another hadith which back this up is a hadith from Bukhari.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

A person stood up and asked, "O Allah's: Apostle! What clothes may be worn in the state of Ihram?" The Prophet replied, "Do not wear a shirt or trousers, or any headgear (e.g. a turban), or a hooded cloak; but if somebody has no shoes he can wear leather stockings provided they are cut short off the ankles, and also, do not wear anything perfumed with Wars or saffron, and the Muhrima (a woman in the state of Ihram) should not cover her face, or wear gloves."

(Bukhari Volume 3, Book 29, Number 64: )

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Asma, daughter of AbuBakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands.

(Abu Dawud Book 32, Number 4092: and this hadith is Sahih) It is also graded Authentic by Al Albani

In addition don't get me wrong, i also wear the niqaab to the best of my capability due to circumstances.

ys this is for hajj/umrah
what did the women do when men passed them during this time?
show their face or cover?

Umm Yoosuf
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I agree with the opinion that the niqaab is wajib. I agree with this for a number of reasons. The beauty of the women is her FACE.

Lets say a brother was looking to get married. One brother comes to him and says “well brother I know this sister, Masha Allah a very good sister! She has a beautiful feet but her face is not so attractive.” And another brother comes to him and says “O brother I know this other sister that has beautiful face but very ugly feet”….who do you think the brother is going to go for?? Bear in mind I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LEVEL OF DEEN HERE. Just think for a minute about that.

Nevertheless I don’t think that a sister that doesn’t COVER her FACE is committing a SIN. If she is able to cover then she should do INSHA ALLAH Allah will reward her and she will be a WALKING VERSE. Just like the WIVES OF THE PROPHET.

If you’re A PART-TIME NIQAABI be ONE until Allah gives you the ability to wear it FULL-TIME. We sisters should COVER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INSHA ALLAH.

Must a Woman Wear Niqab (Veil)?

The general understanding in Islam regarding Sunnah, is that if the Prophet or any of his wives (RA) or companions (RA) are recorded in authentic hadith to have engaged in an act that is not haram (prohibited) as defined by Qur'an or Sunnah, then the act is declared halal (permissible). If the companions engaged in an act that the Prophet was aware of and did not speak out against, it is halal.
It is well-known that the wives of the Prophet covered their faces any time non-mahram men were near. A woman named Asma, who was not a wife of the Prophet , was also recorded as covering her face. Easily, one can conclude that wearing veil is halal (permissible).
However, Muslims and Muslimahs across the world have been in "hot debate" for centuries, over the issue of whether or not covering the face is obligatory upon a Muslimah. Those who argue that it is not required, point to the use of the word khimar in the Qur'an, and explain that today's modern khimar does not cover the face, and argue that khimar has never referred to the covering of the face, but only to that of the hair, neck, and bosoms. While one cannot deny the support of Hadith that indicate that the Prophet's wives wore khimar, one must realize that they also covered their faces at all times in the presence of non-mahram men.
The group of scholars agree that it is a highly recommended act to cover the face. The scholars also agree that a woman must cover her adornment, yet some scholars argue that this does not include the face.
BASING ON CULTURE VS. QURAN AND SUNNAH. ...Most Muslim men, even in America, would be pleased if their wives veil, but some state that a veil draws too much attention, causing men to look upon her more than normal. However, one must realize that when men 'look', they have nothing of her to see! Regardless, this issue must stick to understanding and implementing Qur'an and Sunnah, and not making excuses based on the current culture. Muslims are ordered not to imitate the dress of any non-Muslim culture, so, surely, we cannot make the choice to wear Niqab based on the pressures of modern day society; instead, we choose, insha'Allah, to fear Allah, swt, and not mankind!
When in a state of ihram, the muslimah cannot wear niqab. However, according to several scholars, such as Sheikh ibn Baz, even when in a state of ihram, "she should lower her headcovering or outer cloak over her face when she is in the presence of non-mahram men." So, it is to say that she should not cover her face around the other women during ihram, but that she should cover it if a non-mahram man approaches. He bases this on the hadith below, narrated by 'Aisha .
· In Fathul Bari, chapter Hajj, a tradition reported on the authority of Aisha (RA) says:
o "A woman in a state of Ihram (during Hajj and Umrah) should stretch her head - cloth over to her face to hide it."
· Hadith - Recorded by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and ibn Majah, Narrated 'Aisha. [In his work Jilbab al-Marah al-Muslimah, al-Albani states (p. 108) that it is hasan due to corroborating evidence. Also, in a narration from Asma, Asma also covered her face at all times in front of men.]
o Narrated 'Aisha (RA) who said, "The riders would pass us while we were with the Messenger of Allah ). When they got close to us, we would draw our outer cloak from our heads over our faces. When they passed by, we would uncover our faces."
According to Shaikh ibn Uthaimin, "she is not required to cover her face during the prayer unless there are non-related men around her. She must then cover her face from them, as it is not allowed for a woman to uncover her face except to her husband and her male relatives i.e., mahram."
If a woman is not around any non-mahram men and does not fear that any will enter her area of salah, she may reveal her face and hands. This is agreed upon by the group of scholars.
So, whether agreeing that niqab is required or not, one must surely acknowledge that it is a desirous sign of piety. What better example of sunnah to follow for a muslimah than that of the Prophet and his wives RA. Every Muslimah is encouraged to cover to the fullest, showing only one or both eyes.
A woman does not have to wear a niqab (affixed veil), but she should emulate the female companions by using her hijab or other items, to lift and cover her face when a non-mahram man approaches, even during ihram (hajj), as this is in accordance with sunnah.
Hadith - Muwatta 20.16
Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa that Fatima bint al-Mundhir said, "We used to veil our faces when we were in ihram in the company of Asma bint Abi Bakr as-Siddiq."
The following Fatawa is from Sheikh Ibn Uthaimin:
"The Islamic hijab is for the women to cover everything that is forbidden for her to expose. That is, she covers everything that she must cover.
"The first of those bodily parts that she must cover is her face. It is the source of temptation and the source of people desiring her. Therefore, the woman must cover her face in front of those men that are not Mahram (i.e. father, huband, etc.).
"As for those who claim that Islamic hijab is to cover the head, shoulders, back, feet, shin and forearms while allowing her to uncover her face and hands, this is a very amazing claim. This is because it is well-known that the source of temptation and looking is the face. How can one say that the Shariah does no allow the exposure of the foot of the woman while it allows her to uncover her face?
"It is not possible that there could be in the Esteemed, Wise and Noble Shariah a contradiction. Yet everyone knows that the temptation from uncovering the face is much greater than the temptation that results from the uncovering of the feet. Everyone also knows that the most sought after aspect of the woman for men is the face. If you told a prospective groom that a woman’s face is ugly but her feet are beautiful, he would not propose to such a woman.
"However, if you told him that her face was beautiful but her hands, palms, or shins were less than beautiful, he would still propose to her. From this one can conclude that the face is the first thing that must be covered.
"There are also evidences from the Book of Allah (SWT) and the Sunnah of our Prophet (SAW). There are also statements from the Companions, the leading Imams and the great scholars of Islam that indicate that it is obligatory for the woman to cover all of her body in the presence of non-Mahram men. This obviously indicates that it is obligatory upon the woman to cover her face in front of such men."

Refutation For those who claim niqaab is not wajib and the face and hands of a woman can be seen by (ghairMahrrum) strange men.

Refutation from Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen
This is taken from the book "Hijaab" by Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen from Saudi Arabia. Printed by Madrasah Arabia Islamia Azaadville- South Africa.
Translated by Hafedh Zaheer Essack, Rajab 1416 (December 1995)
The Ulamah who are of the opinion that it is permissible to look at the face and hands of a strange woman (who is not mahrrum) say so mainly for the following reasons.
The hadeeth of Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) when Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr came to the Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said: 'O Asmaa! When a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this. He pointed to the face and hands. But this hadeeth is WEAK because of 2 main weaknesses.
1. There is no link between Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) and Khalid bin Dareek, who narrated the hadith from her. And in every chain of narrators Khalid bin Dareek is mentioned.
2. In the chain of narrators Sa'eed bin Basheer appears, who is known by most of the Muhaditheen as being a weak narrator.
This has been mentioned by Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Rahimahullah), An-Nasai (Rahimahullah), Ibn Madeeni (Rahimahullah) and Ibn Ma'een (Rahimahullah). This is also why Imaam Bukhari (Rahimahullah) and Muslim (Rahimahullah) did not except this hadeeth to be in their books. (From Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen in the book "Hijaab" pages # 17 and 18.)
We also have to see that the Muhadith Abu Dawood when he quoted this hadeeth put with it that it is Mursal (with a broken chain that does not lead up to the Sahabah).
(From The Book "Hijaab wa Safur" under the fatwaa of Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Bazz on Page #61. Also stated as being weak by Shaikh Nasiruddeen Al-Albaani in his Daeef Sunan Abu Dawud in Kitab-ul-Libas under hadeeth number 4092 (which is the original hadeeth number.)
An other thing that shows the weakness of this hadith is that after the ayah for hijab (Surah Al-Ahzaab – Verse #59) was revealed then the women of Sahaba wore a complete veil and covered the faces and hands. This includes Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr, who is supposed to have narrated this hadeeth. Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) covered herself completely including the face, this has been narrated in authentic hadeeth in Imaam Malik's "MUWATTA Book 20 Hadeeth # 20.5.16."

What Age Must a Female Wear Niqab?

It is unquestionable that a female must begin covering by the age of puberty. What is not agreed upon is what exact age that is. Some say that covering commences the day of her first menstrual cycle, others say at the first sign of pubic hairs. Those weak in iman (faith) will look at the kafir system's designation of "teenager" as the age of puberty, i.e. they use the age 13.
In all situations, Muslims are to use the Prophet's example for guidance. The Prophet married 'Aisha before she had reached puberty and consummated the marriage when she was approximately 9 years old. We do not know precisely what he used to determine that she reached puberty, and we don't even know the exact age that he consummate the marriage, so the issue of puberty is not necessarily a clear cut age to be applied universally to all, but a recognition of the change to woman from child. The earliest pregnancy recorded was that of a seven year old girl, and we know that a menstral cycle does not have to start before some are capable of becoming pregnant. May Allah swt guide each parent to adequately prepare the daughter in time. Amin.
If a mother or father recently converts to Islam and has a daughter who has reached puberty, s/he should immediately begin covering the daughter. The parents should educate the daughter to understand and appreciate the reasons and advantages for covering as a Muslimah is instructed to. The new revert to Islam should not feel apologetic for covering a daughter who was not previously covering. It is as much of an advantage to her as to the new adult muslimah revert, and children do not always know what is best for them, so, like other decisions you make daily for your children, do not leave the issue of wearing hijab up to your children. Make the transition as a family, not you first, then just hoping the children follow suit on their own.
Some guidelines for preparing a child for hijab.
· It is encouraged that as soon as the child is able to walk, she does not wear clothes that resemble the kafr, and that she should always have her knees and as much as possible of the arms and legs covered when leaving the house or having guests over.
· She should be taught modesty in behavior and dress from the cradle.
· It is ideal to sew small jilbabs (light overcoats) and khimaar (head/neck/chest covering) for the young muslimah, properly preparing her for full coverage at puberty. It is actually less fitnah on the parent to dress her in the simple attire of a muslim, as compared to looking for fashionable clothes in a shopping mall.
· At the age of 7, the parent should order her to pray salah, and of course, she must be wearing hijab (the entire head and body covering) for the salah.
· By the age of 10, her parents may and should punish her for missing fard (obligatory) salah, and once again, she must be wearing hijab to perform salah.
· When she reaches puberty, insha'Allah, she will wear niqab (literally: draw the khimaar over her face).
· By the age of puberty, she should already be used to wearing hijab (which is in her fitrah [natural state] to be covered).
· She may have already chosen to veil prior to reaching puberty, and with the proper instruction, she will look forward to and embrace this step in becoming a young woman.
· Hijab is not something a muslim parent gives as an option to a child. The muslim parent is responsible for seeing that the young muslimah is properly covered according to Qur'an and Sunnah.
· Parents will have to determine when their daughter has reached puberty, not the child, unless of course, she is a muslim revert with non-Muslim parents, in which case she should seek the counsel of a muslim wali.
Depending on a woman's environment, she may simply keep her face uncovered and then draw the khimaar up over her face on the rare occasion of a non-mahram's presence; or, if this is too much fitnah to constantly draw it over her face, such as circumstances when men are frequently present, she may choose to affix a screen (i.e. the Niqab) that does this for her without her needing to use a hand to hold it over her face.

Hadith - Bukhari, Narrated Hishams father
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumated that marriage when she was nine years old.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin
[Also recorded al-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and ibn Majah. Al-Albani says it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1280.]
The Prophet said: Allah does not accept the prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a khimaar.
Hadith - Dawud, Narrated As-Saburah
[Also recorded by Ahmand and al-Hakim. Al-Syuti has give in a notation signifying that it is authentic. Al-Albani has graded it hasan. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1021.]
The Prophet said: Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding.

Ridiculing a Woman in Niqab

The Noble Qur'an - At-Taubah 9:64-67
The hypocrites fear lest a Sûrah (chapter of the Qur'ân) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: "(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allâh will bring to light all that you fear."
If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh (swt), and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?"
Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).
The hypocrites, men and women, are from one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief and polytheism of all kinds and all that Islâm has forbidden), and forbid (people) from Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and they close their hands [from giving (spending in Allâh's Cause) alms, etc.]. They have forgotten Allâh, so He has forgotten them. Verily, the hypocrites are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).

Zuko
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
sis ameeratul layl its not that hard to put on the niqaab
wasalam

I don't mean any offense to you brother, but how would you know? Wearing hijab is like fighting some kind of war and abaya, another one and niqab is yet another one. Some girls find it easy to wear, and that's good on them Al-Hamdulilah, but I'm the ONLY one out of all my close and distant relatives who wears hijab. Its killer... I walk out, and its THEM calling me a terrorist.:pissed: They also call me an extremist, or as they love to say, "... a little arabic girl." They think I'm selling pakistanis out by wearing a hijab and jelbab.:angry3: My mom used to wear the full burka, but because she was forced to, she hated it and as soon as she came to america, off it went. She thinks I'm oppressing myself with the hijab and hates to see me wear it. Some sisters have no one to look to for inspiration when it comes to hijab so that, yes, makes it very hard to start wearing the hijab or niqab. No offense but I just don't like hearing people, especially brothers saying its easy. You have no idea what its like.

Okay, I had to get that off my chest, but no disrespect was intended, I swear. :peace:

On topic, I'd love to wear the niqab. But I've asked some people (sheikhs at school) and they say that no one can ever say its fard 'cause we'll never know. I'm not too sure about that but I do believe niqab should be considered by all sisters. I see no harm, but only gain, so insha'allah, I'll as well as all other sisters who wish to wear it will start soon.

Once again, I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. Happy Ramadan. :peace: :rose:

Lonely_Boy
11-01-2005, 04:51 PM

ys this is for hajj/umrah
what did the women do when men passed them during this time?
show their face or cover?

As far as I know when I went for Hajj We ask from Scholar so he said that women can cover her face if she feels that someone starring her........so she can hide or cover her face for a while like niqab do not touch her face.
May Allah knows Best

JAZAKALLAH

Lonely_Boy
11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
I agree with the opinion that the niqaab is wajib. I agree with this for a number of reasons. The beauty of the women is her FACE.

Lets say a brother was looking to get married. One brother comes to him and says “well brother I know this sister, Masha Allah a very good sister! She has a beautiful feet but her face is not so attractive.” And another brother comes to him and says “O brother I know this other sister that has beautiful face but very ugly feet”….who do you think the brother is going to go for?? Bear in mind I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT LEVEL OF DEEN HERE. Just think for a minute about that.

Nevertheless I don’t think that a sister that doesn’t COVER her FACE is committing a SIN. If she is able to cover then she should do INSHA ALLAH Allah will reward her and she will be a WALKING VERSE. Just like the WIVES OF THE PROPHET.

If you’re A PART-TIME NIQAABI be ONE until Allah gives you the ability to wear it FULL-TIME. We sisters should COVER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE INSHA ALLAH.

Must a Woman Wear Niqab (Veil)?

The general understanding in Islam regarding Sunnah, is that if the Prophet or any of his wives (RA) or companions (RA) are recorded in authentic hadith to have engaged in an act that is not haram (prohibited) as defined by Qur'an or Sunnah, then the act is declared halal (permissible). If the companions engaged in an act that the Prophet was aware of and did not speak out against, it is halal.
It is well-known that the wives of the Prophet covered their faces any time non-mahram men were near. A woman named Asma, who was not a wife of the Prophet , was also recorded as covering her face. Easily, one can conclude that wearing veil is halal (permissible).
However, Muslims and Muslimahs across the world have been in "hot debate" for centuries, over the issue of whether or not covering the face is obligatory upon a Muslimah. Those who argue that it is not required, point to the use of the word khimar in the Qur'an, and explain that today's modern khimar does not cover the face, and argue that khimar has never referred to the covering of the face, but only to that of the hair, neck, and bosoms. While one cannot deny the support of Hadith that indicate that the Prophet's wives wore khimar, one must realize that they also covered their faces at all times in the presence of non-mahram men.
The group of scholars agree that it is a highly recommended act to cover the face. The scholars also agree that a woman must cover her adornment, yet some scholars argue that this does not include the face.
BASING ON CULTURE VS. QURAN AND SUNNAH. ...Most Muslim men, even in America, would be pleased if their wives veil, but some state that a veil draws too much attention, causing men to look upon her more than normal. However, one must realize that when men 'look', they have nothing of her to see! Regardless, this issue must stick to understanding and implementing Qur'an and Sunnah, and not making excuses based on the current culture. Muslims are ordered not to imitate the dress of any non-Muslim culture, so, surely, we cannot make the choice to wear Niqab based on the pressures of modern day society; instead, we choose, insha'Allah, to fear Allah, swt, and not mankind!
When in a state of ihram, the muslimah cannot wear niqab. However, according to several scholars, such as Sheikh ibn Baz, even when in a state of ihram, "she should lower her headcovering or outer cloak over her face when she is in the presence of non-mahram men." So, it is to say that she should not cover her face around the other women during ihram, but that she should cover it if a non-mahram man approaches. He bases this on the hadith below, narrated by 'Aisha .
· In Fathul Bari, chapter Hajj, a tradition reported on the authority of Aisha (RA) says:
o "A woman in a state of Ihram (during Hajj and Umrah) should stretch her head - cloth over to her face to hide it."
· Hadith - Recorded by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and ibn Majah, Narrated 'Aisha. [In his work Jilbab al-Marah al-Muslimah, al-Albani states (p. 108) that it is hasan due to corroborating evidence. Also, in a narration from Asma, Asma also covered her face at all times in front of men.]
o Narrated 'Aisha (RA) who said, "The riders would pass us while we were with the Messenger of Allah ). When they got close to us, we would draw our outer cloak from our heads over our faces. When they passed by, we would uncover our faces."
According to Shaikh ibn Uthaimin, "she is not required to cover her face during the prayer unless there are non-related men around her. She must then cover her face from them, as it is not allowed for a woman to uncover her face except to her husband and her male relatives i.e., mahram."
If a woman is not around any non-mahram men and does not fear that any will enter her area of salah, she may reveal her face and hands. This is agreed upon by the group of scholars.
So, whether agreeing that niqab is required or not, one must surely acknowledge that it is a desirous sign of piety. What better example of sunnah to follow for a muslimah than that of the Prophet and his wives RA. Every Muslimah is encouraged to cover to the fullest, showing only one or both eyes.
A woman does not have to wear a niqab (affixed veil), but she should emulate the female companions by using her hijab or other items, to lift and cover her face when a non-mahram man approaches, even during ihram (hajj), as this is in accordance with sunnah.
Hadith - Muwatta 20.16
Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa that Fatima bint al-Mundhir said, "We used to veil our faces when we were in ihram in the company of Asma bint Abi Bakr as-Siddiq."
The following Fatawa is from Sheikh Ibn Uthaimin:
"The Islamic hijab is for the women to cover everything that is forbidden for her to expose. That is, she covers everything that she must cover.
"The first of those bodily parts that she must cover is her face. It is the source of temptation and the source of people desiring her. Therefore, the woman must cover her face in front of those men that are not Mahram (i.e. father, huband, etc.).
"As for those who claim that Islamic hijab is to cover the head, shoulders, back, feet, shin and forearms while allowing her to uncover her face and hands, this is a very amazing claim. This is because it is well-known that the source of temptation and looking is the face. How can one say that the Shariah does no allow the exposure of the foot of the woman while it allows her to uncover her face?
"It is not possible that there could be in the Esteemed, Wise and Noble Shariah a contradiction. Yet everyone knows that the temptation from uncovering the face is much greater than the temptation that results from the uncovering of the feet. Everyone also knows that the most sought after aspect of the woman for men is the face. If you told a prospective groom that a woman’s face is ugly but her feet are beautiful, he would not propose to such a woman.
"However, if you told him that her face was beautiful but her hands, palms, or shins were less than beautiful, he would still propose to her. From this one can conclude that the face is the first thing that must be covered.
"There are also evidences from the Book of Allah (SWT) and the Sunnah of our Prophet (SAW). There are also statements from the Companions, the leading Imams and the great scholars of Islam that indicate that it is obligatory for the woman to cover all of her body in the presence of non-Mahram men. This obviously indicates that it is obligatory upon the woman to cover her face in front of such men."

Refutation For those who claim niqaab is not wajib and the face and hands of a woman can be seen by (ghairMahrrum) strange men.

Refutation from Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen
This is taken from the book "Hijaab" by Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen from Saudi Arabia. Printed by Madrasah Arabia Islamia Azaadville- South Africa.
Translated by Hafedh Zaheer Essack, Rajab 1416 (December 1995)
The Ulamah who are of the opinion that it is permissible to look at the face and hands of a strange woman (who is not mahrrum) say so mainly for the following reasons.
The hadeeth of Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) when Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr came to the Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said: 'O Asmaa! When a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this. He pointed to the face and hands. But this hadeeth is WEAK because of 2 main weaknesses.
1. There is no link between Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) and Khalid bin Dareek, who narrated the hadith from her. And in every chain of narrators Khalid bin Dareek is mentioned.
2. In the chain of narrators Sa'eed bin Basheer appears, who is known by most of the Muhaditheen as being a weak narrator.
This has been mentioned by Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Rahimahullah), An-Nasai (Rahimahullah), Ibn Madeeni (Rahimahullah) and Ibn Ma'een (Rahimahullah). This is also why Imaam Bukhari (Rahimahullah) and Muslim (Rahimahullah) did not except this hadeeth to be in their books. (From Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen in the book "Hijaab" pages # 17 and 18.)
We also have to see that the Muhadith Abu Dawood when he quoted this hadeeth put with it that it is Mursal (with a broken chain that does not lead up to the Sahabah).
(From The Book "Hijaab wa Safur" under the fatwaa of Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Bazz on Page #61. Also stated as being weak by Shaikh Nasiruddeen Al-Albaani in his Daeef Sunan Abu Dawud in Kitab-ul-Libas under hadeeth number 4092 (which is the original hadeeth number.)
An other thing that shows the weakness of this hadith is that after the ayah for hijab (Surah Al-Ahzaab – Verse #59) was revealed then the women of Sahaba wore a complete veil and covered the faces and hands. This includes Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr, who is supposed to have narrated this hadeeth. Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) covered herself completely including the face, this has been narrated in authentic hadeeth in Imaam Malik's "MUWATTA Book 20 Hadeeth # 20.5.16."

What Age Must a Female Wear Niqab?

It is unquestionable that a female must begin covering by the age of puberty. What is not agreed upon is what exact age that is. Some say that covering commences the day of her first menstrual cycle, others say at the first sign of pubic hairs. Those weak in iman (faith) will look at the kafir system's designation of "teenager" as the age of puberty, i.e. they use the age 13.
In all situations, Muslims are to use the Prophet's example for guidance. The Prophet married 'Aisha before she had reached puberty and consummated the marriage when she was approximately 9 years old. We do not know precisely what he used to determine that she reached puberty, and we don't even know the exact age that he consummate the marriage, so the issue of puberty is not necessarily a clear cut age to be applied universally to all, but a recognition of the change to woman from child. The earliest pregnancy recorded was that of a seven year old girl, and we know that a menstral cycle does not have to start before some are capable of becoming pregnant. May Allah swt guide each parent to adequately prepare the daughter in time. Amin.
If a mother or father recently converts to Islam and has a daughter who has reached puberty, s/he should immediately begin covering the daughter. The parents should educate the daughter to understand and appreciate the reasons and advantages for covering as a Muslimah is instructed to. The new revert to Islam should not feel apologetic for covering a daughter who was not previously covering. It is as much of an advantage to her as to the new adult muslimah revert, and children do not always know what is best for them, so, like other decisions you make daily for your children, do not leave the issue of wearing hijab up to your children. Make the transition as a family, not you first, then just hoping the children follow suit on their own.
Some guidelines for preparing a child for hijab.
· It is encouraged that as soon as the child is able to walk, she does not wear clothes that resemble the kafr, and that she should always have her knees and as much as possible of the arms and legs covered when leaving the house or having guests over.
· She should be taught modesty in behavior and dress from the cradle.
· It is ideal to sew small jilbabs (light overcoats) and khimaar (head/neck/chest covering) for the young muslimah, properly preparing her for full coverage at puberty. It is actually less fitnah on the parent to dress her in the simple attire of a muslim, as compared to looking for fashionable clothes in a shopping mall.
· At the age of 7, the parent should order her to pray salah, and of course, she must be wearing hijab (the entire head and body covering) for the salah.
· By the age of 10, her parents may and should punish her for missing fard (obligatory) salah, and once again, she must be wearing hijab to perform salah.
· When she reaches puberty, insha'Allah, she will wear niqab (literally: draw the khimaar over her face).
· By the age of puberty, she should already be used to wearing hijab (which is in her fitrah [natural state] to be covered).
· She may have already chosen to veil prior to reaching puberty, and with the proper instruction, she will look forward to and embrace this step in becoming a young woman.
· Hijab is not something a muslim parent gives as an option to a child. The muslim parent is responsible for seeing that the young muslimah is properly covered according to Qur'an and Sunnah.
· Parents will have to determine when their daughter has reached puberty, not the child, unless of course, she is a muslim revert with non-Muslim parents, in which case she should seek the counsel of a muslim wali.
Depending on a woman's environment, she may simply keep her face uncovered and then draw the khimaar up over her face on the rare occasion of a non-mahram's presence; or, if this is too much fitnah to constantly draw it over her face, such as circumstances when men are frequently present, she may choose to affix a screen (i.e. the Niqab) that does this for her without her needing to use a hand to hold it over her face.

Hadith - Bukhari, Narrated Hishams father
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumated that marriage when she was nine years old.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin
[Also recorded al-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and ibn Majah. Al-Albani says it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1280.]
The Prophet said: Allah does not accept the prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a khimaar.
Hadith - Dawud, Narrated As-Saburah
[Also recorded by Ahmand and al-Hakim. Al-Syuti has give in a notation signifying that it is authentic. Al-Albani has graded it hasan. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1021.]
The Prophet said: Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding.

Ridiculing a Woman in Niqab

The Noble Qur'an - At-Taubah 9:64-67
The hypocrites fear lest a Sûrah (chapter of the Qur'ân) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: "(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allâh will bring to light all that you fear."
If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh (swt), and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?"
Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).
The hypocrites, men and women, are from one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief and polytheism of all kinds and all that Islâm has forbidden), and forbid (people) from Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and they close their hands [from giving (spending in Allâh's Cause) alms, etc.]. They have forgotten Allâh, so He has forgotten them. Verily, the hypocrites are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR SISTER ......it's really informative for me and hope for all members too

Lonely_Boy
11-01-2005, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

I don't mean any offense to you brother, but how would you know? Wearing hijab is like fighting some kind of war and abaya, another one and niqab is yet another one. Some girls find it easy to wear, and that's good on them Al-Hamdulilah, but I'm the ONLY one out of all my close and distant relatives who wears hijab. Its killer... I walk out, and its THEM calling me a terrorist.:pissed: They also call me an extremist, or as they love to say, "... a little arabic girl." They think I'm selling pakistanis out by wearing a hijab and jelbab.:angry3: My mom used to wear the full burka, but because she was forced to, she hated it and as soon as she came to america, off it went. She thinks I'm oppressing myself with the hijab and hates to see me wear it. Some sisters have no one to look to for inspiration when it comes to hijab so that, yes, makes it very hard to start wearing the hijab or niqab. No offense but I just don't like hearing people, especially brothers saying its easy. You have no idea what its like.

Okay, I had to get that off my chest, but no disrespect was intended, I swear. :peace:

On topic, I'd love to wear the niqab. But I've asked some people (sheikhs at school) and they say that no one can ever say its fard 'cause we'll never know. I'm not too sure about that but I do believe niqab should be considered by all sisters. I see no harm, but only gain, so insha'allah, I'll as well as all other sisters who wish to wear it will start soon.

Once again, I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. Happy Ramadan. :peace: :rose:

Well sister I hope no body mind it INSHALLAH I think all of my brother and sister saying that it's easy to wear because may be they all want to earn sawab because as far as I know if some one practice anything regarding Islam on someone advice he or she will definitely get the reward for that ......my prayers are with all members and pls pray for me too......because I am also needy

JAZAKALLAH

Protected_Diamond
11-01-2005, 05:21 PM

whoaaa!! intresting, very intresting masha Allah i've read all your replies and alhamdulilah i now have a greater understanding of women and the niqqab issue.

Allah s.w.a knows best and may he help us in all we do ameen!

Ra`eesah
11-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

I will break my post into 3 major parts

I. What is Awra
II. Niqab - Wajib point of view
III. Niqab- Sunnah point of view

So stay tuned. Meanwhile i strongly advise us to becareful and speak with knowledge, for speaking w/o knowldge is very dangerous. When we give our "opnion" make sure that we have proof from the Quran & authentic Hadith and Sunnah, and from our Scholors to elaborate further more. Since we do not know how to translate the Quran and interpret ahadith.

Allah :arabic2: says

Say: Bring your proof if you are truthful.

[Al-Naml Ayah 64]

montoyauk
11-02-2005, 02:58 AM
only wear niqab when u r ready to wear it.and for allah(swt) only
forget what others say.as in islam.a man is not allowed to look at a sisters face.to whom he can get married to.mothers,sisters and aunties and grand parents are the only ones muslim brothers are allowed to look at

Ra`eesah
11-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum
brother i dont think we should tell people to make certian act of Worship 'when they are ready' not a very wise thing to do, we are taught that we must haste to do good, not on our own clock. Khair InshAllah

Imam786
11-02-2005, 03:04 AM
wow is it that necessary for this niqaab?...our women dont cover their faces..

montoyauk
11-02-2005, 03:08 AM
whats better brother
that there should wear it when there hearts dont want them to wear it.and then forced to take them off.in future
just take each day as it comes.when one day allah(swt) will give hidayat and there will wear them permanent.

i have seen so many sisters i know in my relatives just were not ready and started wearing niqab now most of them do no lo longer wear it.back to there lipstick & make up:mad:

brother i dont think we should tell people to make certian act of Worship 'when they are ready' not a very wise thing to do, we are taught that we must haste to do good, not on our own clock. Khair InshAllah

Ra`eesah
11-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Part I - What is 'Awrah

Bismillaah -hir- Rahman -nir- Raheem

Firstly, the issue we must look into and understand is 'What is 'Awrah?'

العورة - Al-'Awrah refers to the parts of the body that must be concealed and covered.

'Is the entire woman `awrah?' That is, does a woman in her entirety have to cover herself from men who are not related to her.

'Awrah, in the shari'ah, is said to be certian body parts of a men or a women that can not be shown to non-mahrams.

2 types of 'awrah

I. 'awrah in Salaah (prayers)

II. 'awrah in 'awratu fin nathr ('awrah in looking)

Imaam Ibn Al Qayyim Al Jawziyy (raheemahullah), explaining the woman's 'awrah said:
"The 'awrah is of two types: an 'awrah in the Salaah (prayer) and an 'awrah in looking ('awratu fin nathr). So as for the free woman, it is (allowed) for her to pray while her hands and face are uncovered, and it is not (allowed) for her to go out in the markets and gatherings of people like that (i.e. it is not allowed for her to go out without the face and hands covered). *

Sheikh Ash-Shirwaani said, "[Imaam] Ziyaadi in Sharh Al Muharar said:
For a woman there is three 'Awrahs,
'Awratu-fis-Salah (the 'awrah of prayer) – and that was mentioned before – It is everything of the body except the face and the hands.
The 'Awrah with regards to an un-related man looking at her: It is the entire body including the hands and the face, according to (the opinion that is) relied upon.
The 'awrah in privacy and amongst her Mahrams (those people related to her and un-marriable): It is like the 'Awrah of men. [i.e. from her navel to her knees].
So there are different types of `awrah in different situations. In your salah, in front of your family, in front of your husband, etc...

-The entire body of a woman is 'Awrah except in cases of necessity or actions which are specifically prescribed for the allowance of a woman to uncover her face, such as the Salah, Hajj, 'Umrah, interviewing for marriage, and witnessing (testimony) in the court. The proof that the entire woman is 'awrah is found in the following hadeeth,

الْمَرْأَةُعَوْرَةٌفَإِذَاخَرَجَتْ اسْتَشْرَفَهَا الشَّيْطَانُ

"The woman is 'Awrah,when she leaves [her home] Shaytaan looks up to her."

This hadeeth is reported by Imaam At-Tirmidhi in his Sunan. He stated after the hadeeth, "It is Hasan Saheeh Ghareeb." Similar to it is reported by Imaam At-Tabaraani in his Kabeer, Ibn 'Adiy, Imaam Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh (#1685), Al-Bazzaar in his Musnad (#2061), and Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh [#5598]. Imaam 'Ali ibn Abi Bakr Al Haythami said after reporting this hadeeth, "Its men (reporters) are trustworthy." [See Mujma' Az-Zawaa'id #2116] Imaam Muhammad ibn Naasir Al-Albaani stated in his Irwaa' Al Ghaleel, "I say: It is Saheeh (authentic)!" [See Irwaa' Al Ghaleel #273]

There are a couple of points to be made from this authentic hadith.

1. The prophet :arabic5: used the ا ل(literally meaning 'the') before the word mara'ah (woman). The significance of this is that the Alif Lam denotes absoluteness. In other words what is understood by placing the AL here is that 'the entirety of the woman' is 'awrah. This statement establishes the principle that the entire woman is 'awrah except where proof is given that she is not.

2. Also take note that the Nabi :arabic5: states that she is 'awrah when she 'leaves her home'. This is proof for the statement that was quoted earlier from Imaam Ziyaadi and also Ibn Al Qayyim when they stated that the woman is 'Awrah in front of the Ajaanib (non-mahram, un-related, marriegable) man.

So this right here is the first issue that the scholars deal with and here is the principle that starts it off, ' Is a woman is `awrah' .

*This can be found in Tahtheeb As-sunan and 'Ilaam Al Muwaqi'een

Ra`eesah
11-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by montoyauk
whats better brother
that there should wear it when there hearts dont want them to wear it.and then forced to take them off.in future
just take each day as it comes.when one day allah(swt) will give hidayat and there will wear them permanent.

i have seen so many sisters i know in my relatives just were not ready and started wearing niqab now most of them do no lo longer wear it.back to there lipstick & make up:mad:
i agree but our approch must be wise. and no dont force, but the word here that we should use is "encorage" remind them of Allah and the last day, let their hearts love the deen and want to please their lord. once we built this, and help them with their Iman, they will then themsleves rush and haste to good deeds InshAllah. beacuse putting off a deed by saying " im not ready" then that will lead to BIG problems. 1. Shaytaan is there to lead us astray and then we have to deal with our "Nafs" desires.

So if someone doesnt pray, u tell them " its ok pray when u feel that u are ready, and u feel in ur heart that want to pray.

and brother Hidayah doesnt just come like that, we must also try to want to change ourselves.

Allah says :arabic2:

Thus, ‘Verily Allah does not change the condition of a nation until they change themselves’(Quran 13:11).

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-02-2005, 04:33 AM
The issue of niqab is not agreed upon in Islam. Some scholars view it as obligatory while there is a large group of scholars that maintain that it is simply a voluntary (sunnah) act, not obligatory.

Shaykh Nasiruddeen Al-Albani has written a detailed view on why niqab is not obligatory:
http://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/wo...bani_niqab.htm

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid meanwhile argues that niqab is obligatory:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=2198&dgn=4

More on the subject here:
http://www.muhajabah.com/niqab-index.htm

Ultimately it is up to each individual to follow the opinion they are inclined to, and which they feel is the most correct view.

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabaarkthu

jazahka Allah soooo much brothers and sisters

Lina
11-02-2005, 02:27 PM

the article has Quranic ayahs..but with Quran is Sunnah-hadiths to show us what it means.
inshaAllah sis 3washey will elaborate on this :)

See previous articles.

Ra`eesah
11-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Which articles might that be. Part 2 coming soon.

azim
11-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Like brother Ansar-al-Adl said, theres differing views and in the end its the individual. Some things I've seen however are quite worrying, for example, I've seen sisters who only cover their hair and do not wear niqab be insulted for not covering their face, I've also seen sisters tell interested non-muslims 'you have to cover your face' before even explaining Islam. I definately think it should be a personal decision and not be preached as fard.

Salaam.

ummbilal
11-03-2005, 12:30 AM
salaam alakum

i dont wear niqaab but have thought about it, but think i'd attract unwanted attention

eyes_of_mine
11-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I think Niqab would suit you dear.

Ra`eesah
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Like brother Ansar-al-Adl said, theres differing views and in the end its the individual. Some things I've seen however are quite worrying, for example, I've seen sisters who only cover their hair and do not wear niqab be insulted for not covering their face, I've also seen sisters tell interested non-muslims 'you have to cover your face' before even explaining Islam. I definately think it should be a personal decision and not be preached as fard.

Salaam.
im sorry but i will have to kindly disagree with u.

why shouldnt it be preached as farth? if i believe its farth i will for sure preach it farth. I feel by u saying ppl shouldnt preach it as being farth u are if fact indirectly preaching it to be otherwise.

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 01:44 PM
:sl: This is for sr 3washey:

I used to wear it before and I have stated my reasons (in the thread) for taking it off.:hmm:

Allah ma3ik

Ra`eesah
11-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

:sl: This is for sr 3washey:

I used to wear it before and I have stated my reasons (in the thread) for taking it off.:hmm:

Allah ma3ik
Sis, Allahu A3lam. I dont know and i can not speak on behalf of Allah, but i can tell u this.

ask urself...

1. am i being sincere to Allah
  2. do i want to please my Lord
  3. when will i die
make alot of Dua asking Allah to help u and guide u, and make Salaatul istekhara and Allah will help u.

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

Sis, Allahu A3lam. I dont know and i can not speak on behalf of Allah, but i can tell u this.

ask urself...

1. am i being sincere to Allah
  2. do i want to please my Lord
  3. when will i die

:sl: I have a clear intention. And in Islam we believe that intention is very important. So judging on my intetion....I wonder if Allah will....let me off!Of course, once I marry :okay: it'll be a different story.

Allah ma3ik

Ra`eesah
11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

i dont know about that, making niyah is one thing and saying Allah will forgive me if i dont do something is another [ while knowing what ur doing is wrong or may end in result of Allahs punishment upon u] be very careful and do not fall into the traps of Shaytaan

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

i dont know about that, making niyah is one thing and saying Allah will forgive me if i dont do something is another [ while knowing what ur doing is wrong or may end in result of Allahs punishment upon u] be very careful and do not fall into the traps of Shaytaan

:sl: No traps sis. Dont worry. Once my heart is set on something.....it makes sure is done!!!

Allah ma3ik

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
sister i dont mean any disrespect but in the society we live in wearin niqab is hard, I understand it prevents certain situations from taking place and I am very much in favour of women wearing niqab, please dont take me wrong.

However, i understand some peoples situations, for example if I wear niqab I would quite literally become homeless, my family would disown me(being from a non-muslim family) I would lose my job and this would put me in a very difficult situation. For these reasons I do not wear niqab, as much has my heart has a longing to wear it.

As soon as I am in a position where my husband can support me fully then I will leave work and wear niqab full-time, inshaallah. until then I have the intention in my heart and I hope, inshaallah, Allah knows the reasoning behind what I do.

eyes_of_mine
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Allah never wants things to be diffucult for us like that, I do wish the sisters can be more easy on themselves mentally when it comes to wearing Niqab, try not to feel so guilty about not wearing it, and just do your best is all you can do, we are human beings at the end of the day, non of us perfect and no one . included Allah(No reasonable person) expects you to be this perfect muslimah.
We do our best for all our faults.

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
That was really nicely put.Personally I dont have issues with not wearing niqab, now is just not the right time for me. InshaAllah i will wear it in the future permanently. What bugs me is other people saying its FARDH u gotta wear it now. How is it physically possible for me to do that? simply, its not!(and im sure there are other sisters in a similar position)

JazakAllah sister.

sis_saleha
11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

NIQAB?
i wear a niqab all the time all though it is not compulsary i do it as i dont want any other male looking at me as i am married and feel comfortable wearing it and would tell another sister to only wear it if she feels comfortable

Pinkrose
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM

Niqaab is not Fardh sis!!

I want to wear the niqaab and i have bugged my dad about it soooooooo much but he doesn't let me!! I bugged him one day just to wear at least once and he let me so when i wore it i couldn't believe the peace, beauty and rahma i felt in my heart!! Subhanallah i love the niqaab so much and i really want to wear it but i can't!!:'( I tried everything and my dad just doesn't give in!! I am still not giving up though!! Just the other day i went to him again!!*sighs* Inshallah i pray that my dad will sum day let me!! I really wanna wear it!!

S_87
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
. I definately think it should be a personal decision and not be preached as fard.

Salaam.
niqab is actually as easy or as hard as the individual makes it.

if the Wives of Muhammed Sallallahu alayhee wassalam and the women of that time wore it, and they were better than any of us can ever reach near, -they are the best examples- if they wore it in such a society..why should we not take their example and wear it in such a society, filled with, filled with fitnah?

ummbilal
11-04-2005, 01:59 AM
salaam alakum brothers and sisters,

Ameratul Layl Jazakallah khair for sharing your niqaab experience, its not easy to share something like that,

i too would like to begin wearing niqaab but I have had hassle for wearing hijaab before and fear wearing niqqab would make me a target for racists and anti muslim people, also i dont drive and travel on public transport with my children a lot,

i wondered do sisters who wear niqaab find it hard to meet new people, non muslims and muslims? as they cannot see your expression and some may find you intimidating?

eyes of mine.. mashallah how would u know niqaab would suit me lol!!!!!

eid mubarak everyone

ummbilal
11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
salaam alakum brothers and sisters,

Ameratul Layl Jazakallah khair for sharing your niqaab experience, its not easy to share something like that,

i too would like to begin wearing niqaab but I have had hassle for wearing hijaab before and fear wearing niqqab would make me a target for racists and anti muslim people, also i dont drive and travel on public transport with my children a lot,

i wondered do sisters who wear niqaab find it hard to meet new people, non muslims and muslims? as they cannot see your expression and some may find you intimidating?

eyes of mine.. mashallah how would u know niqaab would suit me lol!!!!!

eid mubarak everyone

please read this and answer people,

i'm acctually gonna buy a niqaab inshaallah.... Allhumdulilah for e bay!!

Pinkrose
11-04-2005, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15

Hey sis!! I just wanna say onething!!:sister:

The reason my dad doesn't let me wear the niqaab is cuz' of the same reason you don't wear it!! But u see...You shouldn't be scared sis!! You are doing this for the sake of Allah and Allah sees your intentions so Allah will always protect you!! No matter where!! Do you believe that if the whole world gathered togther to get rid of you and you were in the middle of them that they couldn't lay a finger on you except by Allah's Will!! And do if it was meant for you to die that no one can help except by Allah's will!! So if you do this for the sake of Allah then I am 100% sure that Allah will protect you and guide you!! You have to truly believe in this!! Sis Allah loves us and doesn't want anything to be difficult for us!! Allah didn't put pressure on us so if you don't feel that its the right time for you to wear niqaab sis i don't wanna push you!! But i just want you to think about what i told you and truly believe in that!! Inshallah i'll make dua for you!!

Much :love:,
Pinkrose :rose:

Ra`eesah
11-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Mashallah those who want to wear the Niqab may Allah make it easy upon you and for those who are wearing it may Allah reward you.

I want to say that wearing the niqab is not as aeasy as it seems yes. there will be alot of problems. many of my friends had problems, but not everyone is the same some sisters have to provide for themselves meaning they dont have a mother or father to look after them and if they wear the niqab they will not get a job. There are cases in which where wearing the niqab will become as a harm to u, in such cases wearing the niqab because haram upon u, But this is the problem we dont understand what applies to us and what we must do.

Once we asked our shiek about niqab and we said Is niqab wajib? and if so what happens if u wear it and u face trouble. ( something to that effect this was a year ago) anyway he said "Wearing it is preferable, but its hard, and i dont think anyone has that kind of Iman today" ( may Allah forgive me if i misquoted him).

Subhanallah look what does that mean? The Sahabas at that time strived to do anything for the sake of Allah, they had FULL 100% tawakul ( trust) in Allah, why cant we just go out there and DO IT JUST for the sake of Allah forget everything else.

Upon you is the Fear of Allah
If you are neglectful
To you comes the sustenance
from places which u have no comprehension of
and if u think for a momnet that the rizq comes from you...
you will have NEVER seen the sparrow eating with the Egale.*

bottom line. weather u wear niqab or u dont, i promise u it wont decrese or increase a morsle from what has already been writtin down for u have, u will NEVER drink one more/less drop of water from that which has already been made for u.

Allah :arabic2: says:

And put your trust in ALLAH. ALLAH suffices as an advocate.
[33:3]

*(both birds fly in the sky the egale is the aggressive, meaning that it would bully the sparrow and eat its food. but since Allah provies they both have a full stomach.)

Ra`eesah
11-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

For those who say its not farth what is it then? Sunnah?

Sincerity...Its all about sincerity, If we are sincere Allah will reward us. Let us take the time out to sit down and ask ourselves.

"Do I want earn the pleasure of Allah, am I willing to sacrifice, am i willing to do anything for the sake of Allah? "

Of course, na3am throughout this great niqab controversy I ask a Question for those who feel "Niqab" is Sunnah. Khair let us take this opinion and lets say niqab is sunnah. what does this mean? you dont have to do it? Is wearing the niqab ( even though its ONLY Sunnah ) all of a sudden an act that is insignificant? Such an act of worship that will be over looked? If someone is thinking of praying tahajjud in the 3rd part of the nigh which is mustahab or fasts on Mondays and Thursdays.. do we encourage it and motivate them to do it for the sake of Allah to sacrifice willingly for the sake of Allah, or do we dismiss it as an act that is worthy of little regard? We know the best acts are those which are consistent, for Allah loves acts done consistently.

Ya ikhwatee why is it when it comes to the issue of niqab we are hesitant? And we seek a second opinion? Are we being true to ourselves? Are we being sincere? Why do we always want the easy way out? Why cant we just say "I will do this for the Sake of Allah ONLY" come what may because i know nothing will happen unless that which Allah has decreed.

Say, "Nothing happens to us, except what GOD has decreed for us. He is our Lord and Master. In GOD the believers shall trust."
[9:51]

What is stopping us? Even if we come to believe that Niqab is merly a Sunnah, does this mean we dont have to do it? I have never seen a sister who thinks Niqab is Sunnah wear the Niqab. Why?

Let us not be from those people who think of the Sunnah as unimportant and say it is only the matter of Outward appearances and does not matter, and they go against it deliberately, thinking that this proves how moderate and reasonable they are, as they claim. They are doomed and lost, for the Sunnah of our Prophet (sallahu 3alahe wasalaam) is most dear to us.

Even if a particular aspect of the Sunnah is mustahhab rather than waajib, is there not a reward for us in following it? Do we have so much hasanah that we do not need more?

If you hold the opinion that its Sunnah, let us revive it. So that Allaah may have mercy on me and on you, strive to follow every proven Sunnah that you learn from your Prophet (salaahu 3alahe wasalaam) and do not neglect it, for it will benefit you on a Day when neither wealth nor sons will be of any advantage. Adhere to the Sunnah and teach it to your children. Revive it in the midst of those who are unaware of it, so that you may be among the most blessed of people through the intercession of Muhammad (salaahu 3alahe wasalaam).

[ please forgive me if i have offended anyone in my post.] Barakallahfeekum

Umm Yoosuf
11-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Wa Alaikumusslaam 3washey

Masha Allah some wise words. Niqaab is a struggle. No one said its easy.

sapphire
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
sallamz...,
wearing niqaab is sunnat...but aalims say becoz of this day and age its like faraz....alhamdullialh i wear it...one problem though....its become a fashion item...i have friends who copied me and take it on and off and call themselves ninjas...and everyone looks at women who wear niqaab and think mashallah so pious but they should always look deeper...unbelivable some of the things niqaabi people do...and it shames other niqaabis....

Pinkrose
11-06-2005, 11:50 PM

Yesterday..we went to this place called Flint and its 2 hours drive!! We were invited to this party thing or sumthin' that was from 2:00pm to 6:00pm(i didn't ask much about it i just went~lol~)!! But anyway we went there and there were a lot of muslim brothers and sisters!! There was a seperate room for the brothers and a seperate room for the sisters!! When we went in the sisters room....subhanallah i felt so much in my heart!! Just to see all my muslim sisters dressed so properly and united and helping one another!! It was soooooooooooooo beautiful!! We kept hearing assalaamu'alaykum and ppl meeting eachother and comments and all sorts of kind words!! Everyone was sooooooooo respectful!! Sisters kept coming to us and we were trying to get to know eachother!! The thing that really made me sad was that everyone of the sisters was wearing the niqaab except us!!:'( I was soooooooo jelous!! I really wanted to wear the niqaab and look as beautiful and modest as they did!! When we came in the car i told my dad about how everyone was wearing the niqaab and how i was so jelous..but that still didn't change his mind!!:'( Alhamdulilah i was so happy to see them and may Allah reward them for their efforts!! The niqaab to me means soooooooo much but i just wish that my dad would let me!!*sighs* May Allah reward all of my muslim sisters who are wearing the niqaab!! Ameen!! :wub:

:w: :rose:

Protected_Diamond
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM
awwwwwwh!! that party sounds so cool lol, wish i went...insha Allah your dad will let you ameen!! :sister: just keep praying sis

Pinkrose
11-06-2005, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proud ukht
awwwwwwh!! that party sounds so cool lol, wish i went...insha Allah your dad will let you ameen!! :sister: just keep praying sis

Ameen!!:happy1:
Yeah..the party was cool!! Alhamdulilah!!
Inshallah i'll keep praying!!:sister:
Jazaakalahu'khayran!!:rose:

modez
11-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Its kind of a natural reaction for me. If i see a women in niqab, i have soooooo much respect for her, my heart just changes:phew . All women should be respected to the max!!. Its a sad reality when they doll up to impress the opposite sex, but once married they dont bother, you wake up next to a scruffy rag (after marriage).:giggling:

Pinkrose
11-07-2005, 12:52 AM

Scrauffy Rag?

What do you mean?:-\

~lol~ sry but i'm kinda slow!!

modez
11-07-2005, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Scrauffy Rag?

What do you mean?:-\

~lol~ sry but i'm kinda slow!!

woops... i meant a scruffy rag as in not caring for her looks once married.:-\ A whole different scenario once she's out and about, she's like miss universe.:mad: (ive been told many a times). Is this usually the case?? naaaah man whats happenin.

Pinkrose
11-07-2005, 01:05 AM

Not caring how she looks!?:eek:
Well thats not all women!!
I know for one thats not me!! I can never stand it when sumone doesn't care about how they look!! Specially when they are at home!! Thats when u actually get to dress the way you want!! I don't understand why they don't care the way they look but they should!! Besides your supposed to look nice for your husband!! Well...i can't do nothing!!

But anyway thanx for explaining what you meant bro!!

jay
11-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi, sorry its probably not my place to comment....but, and I guess this only really applies if you are unsure of the religious prescription, but if you have a choice between niqab and headscarf hijab, why not have hijab... as it means that we can see each others facial expressions!

Maybe there is a danger in crossing the line between being modest and becoming invisible? Although our eyes can say a lot, and we can still speak from under layesrs of cloth, is relying on niqab for modesty too much? Isn't our intention and behaviour more important, by which I mean, dressing as we are comfortable and being modest in our approach and actions. Isn't it dangerous to concentrate too much on the outside - whether as a guide to faith or lack of it?

It seems like men can find anything physical to judge us on... if we cover everything but our feet, they will look at that! If we cover everything and can't even see our way, would they judge what colour we are covering with? Surely its not all the women's responsibility - men should also be careful about how they look at us, and making a judgement about a women based on whether she covers 70% or 80% is surely forgetting to concentrate on more important things - faith, character, and so on.

I realise that these arguments can kind of go both ways, and its all about drawing a line. However, especially in non-Muslim countries, modesty is to a certain degree, a relative concept. No-one is going to be staring too much at your face if you don't flirt etc and especially when there are plenty of women around wearing mini-skirts who want to be stared at

What do you think?
I hope I haven't offended anyone,,,just thinking 'out loud'

Rabi'ya
11-07-2005, 10:55 AM
:sl: sister Jay

I hae to say I agree with alot of what you said. Modesty, as im sure it has been said before, is much more to do with your actions and behaviour than the way you dress, although again this does play a big part.

Its true what you said about being judged on something, no matter how u dress. For Example someone once said to me "OMG look at that woman wearing a red jilbab with a niqab" really it doesnt matter - i dont think- that woman had the intention to cover and was doing it to the best of her ability....and as Muslim sisters we should be sticking together not judging each other.

You certainly did not offend me - sister Jay. I think you made a lot of valid points

Umm Yoosuf
11-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

but if you have a choice between niqab and headscarf hijab, why not have hijab...
The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm.

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."
Hadith - Bukhari 6:282

The Niqaab as said before theres 2 opinion, some Scholars consider it wajib others don't. However if a sister wants to wear it what is wrong in that. She wants to follow the foot steps of the sahabiyat! She wants more reward from Allah subhana Wa Ta'aala. Her body is her business, no man a right to see it.

is relying on niqab for modesty too much?
No i don't think so.

Isn't our intention and behaviour more important, by which I mean, dressing as we are comfortable and being modest in our approach and actions. Isn't it dangerous to concentrate too much on the outside - whether as a guide to faith or lack of it?
Yes indeed out intention and behaviour are imporant. And the Hijab?

why not have hijab... as it means that we can see each others facial expressions!
Maybe there is a danger in crossing the line between being modest and becoming invisible? Although our eyes can say a lot, and we can still speak from under layesrs of cloth, is relying on niqab for modesty too much?
The Niqaab Is not a matter of seen eachers facial expression sister or one shuting themselves out of society. Theres more to the Hijab/Niqaab then this!

It seems like men can find anything physical to judge us on... if we cover everything but our feet, they will look at that! If we cover everything and can't even see our way, would they judge what colour we are covering with? Surely its not all the women's responsibility -
The hijab is not there for men to judge us. Its Allah alone. So i don't care the least if a brother said why doesn't she wear niqaab or why that colour of the hijab. As long as i am following what Allah and His Messeger ordered me that is good enough for me!

Surely its not all the women's responsibility - men should also be careful about how they look at us, and making a judgement about a women based on whether she covers 70% or 80% is surely forgetting to concentrate on more important things - faith, character, and so on.
Yes sister to a certian degree i do agree but the Hijab does play a big part. Islam is also action! Someone can tell you all they like about someones faith (iman), character etc but if you can't see any action what then?

I realise that these arguments can kind of go both ways, and its all about drawing a line. However, especially in non-Muslim countries, modesty is to a certain degree, a relative concept. No-one is going to be staring too much at your face if you don't flirt etc and especially when there are plenty of women around wearing mini-skirts who want to be stared at
So whats your point here sister? Theres no need for wearing the niqaab?

S_87
11-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Maybe there is a danger in crossing the line between being modest and becoming invisible? Although our eyes can say a lot, and we can still speak from under layesrs of cloth, is relying on niqab for modesty too much?

hmmm makes me wonder how a woman covering her eyes would respond.

Isn't our intention and behaviour more important, by which I mean, dressing as we are comfortable and being modest in our approach and actions. Isn't it dangerous to concentrate too much on the outside - whether as a guide to faith or lack of it?
you speak aloud sis-thats fine- but remember - even though you may not personally like niqab for yourself it was practised by the best of our women.
we should note-that when there is a difference of opiinion- muslims are obliged to refer to the Quran and Sunnah.

Sure Nisaa-verse 59
If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

It seems like men can find anything physical to judge us on... if we cover everything but our feet, they will look at that!
cover your feet aswell

If we cover everything and can't even see our way, would they judge what colour we are covering with? Surely its not all the women's responsibility - men should also be careful about how they look at us, and making a judgement about a women based on whether she covers 70% or 80% is surely forgetting to concentrate on more important things - faith, character, and so on.
yes sister you are 101% right. it is the duty of men to lower their gaze- But- and thres a big but... can a woman rely on the fact that every single man will look down. no man will look/touch even molest them? no ! there are sick people around whom we cannot control. yes-not every man is bad- there are those that look down but there are also those that look up-the covering is to protect you from All.
in sure Ahzab -verse 59 that is made clear

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

if only it was that way sis..

it too is not my intention to offend you.

modez
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Every young women when leaving the home will want a non mahram to look at her (at least 5%), its probably natural (isn't it). But then some kill it man,:mad: with their overacting little flirty actions, in niqab, yuck.:eek: Some use it as a fashion accessory. Its proper spooky when they try to eye you up in their niqab. Id have to run a mile. Its proper shame the way they misuse thier wicked outfit, its an outfit for respect and i give respect to them, it comes naturally (then they start their flirty little moves, and you think 'should they be respected' naaaaah.

Rabi'ya
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
:sl: brother

have to say i disagree with you. I do not and cannot imagine ever wanting a non mehram to notice me in public. i would rather my husband look at me. yuk! how degrading to think of a non - mehram looing at me in public.

I agree with you on the fashion accessory bit. i think its wrong that some people wear niqab as a fashion accessory.if they wanna wear it at least they can wear it for the right reasons.

Zuko
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by modez
Its kind of a natural reaction for me. If i see a women in niqab, i have soooooo much respect for her, my heart just changes:phew . All women should be respected to the max!!. Its a sad reality when they doll up to impress the opposite sex, but once married they dont bother, you wake up next to a scruffy rag (after marriage).:giggling:
Could you cut that nonsense before you start something? I'm sick of your dumb and rude comments about women 'looking like frankenstein' or 'a scruffy rag'. Look at your own freakin' face for a change and quit passing judgments. Are you married? If not, then stay quiet. Just because you hear something doesn't make it true. You think those fools who walk around degrading their wives in public to their friends are good husbands? More like idiots, calling their wives frankenstein. I'm sick of your little comments on how women look after marriage. You're not married, and neither are you a woman so you DON'T KNOW.

sapphire
11-07-2005, 10:37 PM
looks like you got told bro modez.....y is it that guys always make the comments of how girls are..i mean we are the girls...and we experience girls life....yet its the guys that always have something to say about us....and then judge alllll women by most likly the women they see.everyone has been created uniquely.....anyway..has anyone looked at guys for a change....how do they "doll" up...i mean seriously...:mad:

Zuko
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
looks like you got told bro modez.....y is it that guys always make the comments of how girls are..i mean we are the girls...and we experience girls life....yet its the guys that always have something to say about us....and then judge alllll women by most likly the women they see.everyone has been created uniquely.....anyway..has anyone looked at guys for a change....how do they "doll" up...i mean seriously...:mad:
No one says anything when they go around flirting with girls, or gell up their hair and spike them or style it in stupid ways... Thank you for understanding sapphire... When it comes to women, its as if they're the ones who are messed up, and they who are responsible for everything... Ugh, MEN! :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

modez
11-07-2005, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Could you cut that nonsense before you start something? I'm sick of your dumb and rude comments about women 'looking like frankenstein' or 'a scruffy rag'. Look at your own freakin' face for a change and quit passing judgments. Are you married? If not, then stay quiet. Just because you hear something doesn't make it true. You think those fools who walk around degrading their wives in public to their friends are good husbands? More like idiots, calling their wives frankenstein. I'm sick of your little comments on how women look after marriage. You're not married, and neither are you a woman so you DON'T KNOW.
I was only stating the facts. As ive mentioned before, women dont bother after marriage, whats wrong with that? I may have gone a little far with my comments, but thats how i feel. Its an open forum where discussions take place. If ive offended you, then your probably the one on the right path, and will do good in the eyes of Allah and please your future husband...Insha'Allah.

Far7an
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum

May I remind members that you will come accross individuals who do not share them same views as you, but we still need to maintain respect and also adhere to the following rules:

8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.

and also take the following into consideration...

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.

The following site is excellent for fatawa www.islamqa.com

The thread will now be closed, if you feel there is still something left to contribute, feel free to pm me.

Far7an
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Thread re-opened upon request.

Umm Safiya
11-09-2005, 09:01 PM

It all comes down to the niyah! If your intentions for wearing niqab is because you wanna please Allâh and get more hasanaat inshâ'Allâh, then go for it.. But some women use it wrongly.. Like on here in DK, she wears niqab, but she sprays on so much perfume that you can't breathe when she walks by you, she made the jilbab smaller around her waist so you can see her figure, she wears high, noisy heels.. Out in the street, she'll sit down at a cafe, in public, remove her niqab, smoke a cigarette and then put the niqab back on, and continue before..
A sister I know used to work at a place where they sold hijab and jilbabs.. Then this niqabi walks in, and ask for hand gloves.. My sister then tells her where they are.. Suddenly, in the middle of store (where men also come), she removes her niqab AND hijab.. And she didn't even care..
So just because someone where's niqab, then it doens't necessarely mean that they are more pious than others..

Sorry if I repeated what others said.. I haven't read the whole discussion.. :)

I was only stating the facts. As ive mentioned before, women dont bother after marriage, whats wrong with that? I may have gone a little far with my comments, but thats how i feel. Its an open forum where discussions take place. If ive offended you, then your probably the one on the right path, and will do good in the eyes of Allah and please your future husband...Insha'Allah.
Hey that's not true! I don't care know! But when I get married inshâ'Allâh, I will care.. Who am I gonna dress up for now? My parents? :hmm:

Din-al-Islam
11-09-2005, 11:09 PM
As-salâmu 'alaykum..

Inshâ'Allâh i wear Niqab soon .. My inshâ'Allâh feture man want me to wear it, and before i met him i want to wear it .. So inshâ'Allâh soon

ummbilal
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Every young women when leaving the home will want a non mahram to look at her (at least 5%), its probably natural (isn't it). But then some kill it man,:mad: with their overacting little flirty actions, in niqab, yuck.:eek: Some use it as a fashion accessory. Its proper spooky when they try to eye you up in their niqab. Id have to run a mile. Its proper shame the way they misuse thier wicked outfit, its an outfit for respect and i give respect to them, it comes naturally (then they start their flirty little moves, and you think 'should they be respected' naaaaah.
salaam alakum

brother there seem to be some dodgy niqaabis around your area!!

shocking, looking at men in niqaab, they should fear least Allah takes away their sight!

Pinkrose
11-11-2005, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

Hey that's not true! I don't care know! But when I get married inshâ'Allâh, I will care.. Who am I gonna dress up for now? My parents? :hmm:

:sl: :happy1:

Sis its not like that!! Your supposed to dress up in your house even if your not married!! Cleanliness is part of Iman!! Just cuz' your not married doesn't mean your not supposed to clean or dress yourself up!! When you get married you should even dress beautifuler for your husband!! You are supposed to look very beautiful and clean for your husband but also for yourself!! Wether your married or not!! I hope i didn't sound rude or offended anyone!! I just was trying to make a point and i hope i did!!

:w: :rose:

Umm Yoosuf
11-29-2005, 09:57 PM

I am a little annoyed today so for give me if I sound harsh in any way.
Why I’m I annoyed? Well for a number of reasons really.

For most what amazes me is the ignorance of some people. Their thoughts and ideas of the Hijab are just phenomenal! Why are there so many misconceptions about the Hijab? Why is so misunderstood? It’s not just the non-Muslims that misunderstand it but some Muslims themselves! This brother said to be I respect you in ever way, that fact that you wear your Hijab but….Yes here comes a but!...”I think you’re been extreme” EXTREME??? What me?? How? I asked. He had the nerve to carry on…”well the Jilbab is not necessary for sisters to wear, its too much. I think sisters should stick to just a head scarf. She doesn’t have to go into that extreme”. He observes me and then observes the sister next to me. The sister was wearing a skirt and a headscarf…he turns to the sisters and says “Oh your wearing the full thing too.” What exactly did he want sisters to wear a trousers and a tiny little headscarf?! I guess that was his perception of HIJAB!
When I bombarded the brother with Chapters of the Quran and Hadiths he said “I am not prepared…I’ll come back with my evidence”. Evidence??! What possible evidence can he come out with! Ridiculous! The Hijab is not a tradition but a commandment from Allah, Most High.

Why is that people take what they like from the DEEN and leave what they do not like?? Why follow ones desires? What stresses me is when someone claims that I am extreme in the way I dress, talk, act etc…”You are religious” Is the most common thing they say. I say no I am not! I am just following what Allah has commanded me!

How does a piece of cloth I wear make me Oppressed, depressed, extreme, and exploited and whatever word these people label one with!
The Hijab I wear is my shield it protects me from all those sick looks from men! Looking at the women like a piece of meat. I don’t wear it for anyone but ALLAH! Surly He KNOWS what’s best for His creation.

Halima
11-30-2005, 02:37 AM

Sister, you are not the only one who is frustrated, we as muslim women are frustrated aswell. I certainly can understand how annoying it is when someone says that we are dressing relgiously when we are just following what allah(swt) has commanded us to do. I feel that people should really really think before they say anything. If they say something as ignorant as "why do you dress like that" just tell them to convert to islam and then they will know the full meaning. Otherwise, they are not in our shoes, thus they do not know what it feels like to be asked stupid questions which has no intelligent meaning to them. Hjiab is for protection, simple as that!

Hjiab is protection for the lustful gazes, for honor, and thus for modesty. non-muslim women cannot understaand that because they are not in our shoes therefore they cannot understand our perspective as muslims women. In fact, there dress code in society is the exact opposisite of how we muslims want ourselves labled as. We do not want ourselves labled as hoers, ----s, or tarts. Instead we want to be the respected woman that Allah (swt) has blessed us. Kuffars don't understand that. They need to look beautfil and sexy for their boyfriends.

They need to get respect from a man that only look at the outside of their bodies and not the inside. They only dress to impress per say. Now this is why they do not understand the true meaning of why we have to wear hijab and burka all the time. Their way of dressing truly contradicts that way of our dressing. InshaAllah in the hell fire those women that are half naked prancing down the streets will be truly punished. As Prophet muhammed(saw) once said, there will be more women then men in hell fire, and those are the women that are half naked. subhanallah.

mehnaz
11-30-2005, 02:50 AM
salaam,

Patience sister....we're just being tested...thats wat a muslimah believes her life is right??...a testing period!!!

FiAmanillah

*charisma*
11-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

People like these we can only make dua for them, for some, i dont think its ignorance but more of arrogance. You fear Allah, and they dont even know how to fear Him, say Alhemdulilah that Allah has guided you to the correct path and that He may guide those who are of ignorance and arrogance upon the right path as well.

When it comes to ignorance, they learn these things from society. They see girls wearing pants and shirts with what they call "hijaab" and then they begin to compare. When some see that you are more religious than them, they may become very jealous, hence the arrogance.

Other than that, continue to fear Allah, because they certaintly do not. Life maybe a shortcut to them, but those who take that shortcut forget the right path, therefore they are secluding themselves from the righteous. There are no shortcuts in life, just incorrect paths leading to a faster endway to the gates of Hell.

Many muslims, honestly have lost their sense of religion in Islam. They think just because of the fact that they will enter Jannah, they can commit sins, and when they get old to when they think death is near, they think about becoming religious. Life is too short. how long does one live? Allahu A'lam but compared to the hereafter..its nothing, it does not even deserve the title of life.

"These are the people who buy the life of this world at the price of the Herafter:their chatisement shall not be lightened, nor shall they be helped."-2:86

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) said, "Whoever studies that which is meant for the sake of Allah, desiring only a piece of the Dunya, he shall not smell the frangrance of Jannah on the Day of Judgement." - narrated by Ahmad, and Tirmidhi.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

hidden_treasure
11-30-2005, 05:37 AM
assalamu alaikum...is it two out of the four most famous scholars that say it is fard? and the others say is is preferred? in any case...there is a nice hadeeth, and i cant get my hands on it right now, that says..you will be with the ones you love in the hereafter..so if we truly love the wives of the prophet (saws), and try to be like them in everything, we will be with them..insha Allah...may Allah help us all, as the life of this world is so short..ameen.

Umu 'Isa
11-30-2005, 06:20 AM
I used to wear niqab but because i live in a non muslim area.. with no other muslims to be seen, and i have to travel about 45mins just to buy halal meat by myself (on public transport coz i dont drive) i dont wear it anymore..
It brought a lot of unwanted attention.. people used to come up to me and tell me that im in australia now i dont need to cover my face lol..
But inshaAllah if we move to a more muslim populated area i will start wearing it.. in my heart i want to wear it but i know its best not to at the moment..

Umm Yoosuf
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mehnaz
salaam,

Patience sister....we're just being tested...thats wat a muslimah believes her life is right??...a testing period!!!

FiAmanillah

Yes of course life is a test sister. The Hijab is a big test. But of of the comments you get from people our own brothers and sisters is like>>>>:eek:

At one point this non-Muslim woman was asking me why do i wear the Hijab. She was very interested to know. Espically since she saw that the sister next to me was dressed the like her. Do you know what happended? before i could open my mouth the sister next to me said "WE don't have to wear it". How did it make me seem like? I just frooze and the Non-Muslim woman looked at me and said "You don't?!"...."So why are you wearing it?" what was i supposed to say? My dawah was ruined! I would say one thing and the sister would say something else....so i remained silent...

You see Muslim themselves need to awake up and start studying the Deen.

We sisters need to be active in dawah insha Allah....

If i may add brothers also need to study about the Hijab. Some consider the hijab "Sunnah". Whats that meant to mean? Some say you should only wear it when you get married! Subhanallah.

~Raindrop~
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
salaam
i'd say keep making dua. and yes, some Muslims are misguided. but for some, its easier not to accept the truth.
sis your dawah will not be wasted. just keep on trying. one day, inshallah you will succeed. even if it doesnt seem like it right now. Allah Almighty works in wonderous ways.
wassalaam.

S_87
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM

oooooh u shoulda said to the guy no i want your evidence NOW :mad: and if he was so critical then he must be a scholar or an ignorant because you need to back up what he`s saying and what more evidence could he have that u were giving him.

haha but good thing you bombarded him..it can be good for an argument and it seems you showed him you knew what you were talking about :thumbs_up

Umm Yoosuf
11-30-2005, 12:53 PM

oooooh u shoulda said to the guy no i want your evidence NOW :mad: and if he was so critical then he must be a scholar or an ignorant.....
Sis he is just ignorant may Allah increase him in knowledge. When he said i will come back with my evidence i said you will never, never bring good enough edvidence beacause i quote to you Allah's words and His Messenger not my own ideas and reasonings...and you speak out of your desires...i suggest you read the verse i qouted you and read thir tafsir as well. He said "we'll see, we'll see" "Your just loaded now"

Subhanallah.:-\

MetSudaisTwice
11-30-2005, 01:12 PM
salam
just make dua to allah to ease yours and all the muslims in this world's situation
may allah protect us and guide us to the straight path
wasalam

UmmKhadi
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Salaam aleikum

This is what its like on the Norwegian islamic forum, about hijab. Muslims deny it, non-muslims praise the denying muslims, then we who wears it (or me the loner in niqaab) explain about it, and tell them why we do hijab, and then the modernists deny it again, bringing their "evidence" from muslimwakeup or some other misguided site, and then the ball is rolling again. I AM SO TIRED of this. Why cant muslims let other muslims practise in peace?

One of the first times i wore niqaab to masjid, this muslimah looked and looked at me, and then said, "Why are you wearing that". I was like, because its recomended in islam... She said "but what is it, its so strange"... Not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Muezzin
11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Sis Jannah, that guy was showing ignorance. Generally, people should just let others practice their faiths in the way they want. It's really not that hard, acceptance. :p :)

Halima
11-30-2005, 06:35 PM

*Threads merged *

By the way I have noticed both of the discussions on seperate threads were on the same direction which is why I merged them, you may continue to discuss.

Caliphate
12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Niqab is very good amshallah. Myself Im planning to wear it in the near fiture when I get married inshallah. But it is sunnah and not fard, it will become fard if the society is used that all women wear niqab then we would have to wear it all. I admire the sisters who wear it though. Mashallah for you dear sisters, may allah swt give you the best rewards for your good deeds.

Ma'salam

s_123_v
12-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Niqaab is a very beautiful sunnah of the prophet SAW and i only realised that when i started waering it myself sometime when i was 11. now Alhamdullah i wear it full-time and i will never regret it.

s_123_v
12-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Any sister that is thinking about wearing hijaab go for it and never think i'll wait till i get married because who knows if your going to live till your wedding. Don't let shataan overcome you, next time you go out put it on and if you don't have one buy one because if you start wearing hijaab then Allah (swt) will one day stop you from doing a gunnah which you've always done and i've experianced it myself.
Jazakallah
Sister Salma

hidden_treasure
12-03-2005, 09:55 AM
assalamu alaikum,

As soon as i started wearing the niqab, i found i was getting asked (with sour faces) .."why?" from some muslimahs. If you saw them you would think i had done something so wrong.

I just tell them that the prophets wives and sahabah all did it, and i want to live my life like them as much as possible, so that i can be granted a place with them in jannah. Also, that Allah has given me so many blessings in my life, alhamdulillah, masha Allah that i want to please Him as much as possible.

.....they couldnt seem to argue with that...so this is what i stick to. I would rather not get into any arguments with ppl, and Allah knows best.

I love all my sisters for the sake of Allah....may Allah bless you all..ameen.

UmmKhadi
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Salaam aleikum

Hm I think I will adopt that one, sister... Sounds nice, to use to make them know that we do this for Allah, not for men...

When they ask me "What does your husband thinks about this" I say, "He loves it, because it reserves me for him"

hasib
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM

Do you all think Niqab is wajib ??

TabTabiun
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
As-Salaam Walikum-Al-Hamdiullah That I Wear It -Because By The Mercy Of Allah I Am A NIqaabi.And I am Under 15 Years Of Age.

salehah
12-05-2005, 06:03 AM
salaam !

Niqab is NOT manditory nor it is proven from Quran or hadis ...any one trying to make itr compulsury is trying to surpass Quran and sunnah!

my personal experience and point of veiw it's almost criminal!!

wasalamz

UmmKhadi
12-05-2005, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hasib

Do you all think Niqab is wajib ??

I dont. I think its recomended, but not a duty or obligatory.

But my husband thinks its Fard.

hidden_treasure
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Lina;103369]:sl:

Dear sisters in Islam,

Assalamu alaikum,

I personally do not know if the niqaab is fard or not, but i do know one thing..

We have a fine example to follow..the mothers of the believers...may Allah be pleased with all of them...ameen. We should be striving to be like them..this means in manners of dress, piety, akhlaq, deen etc..im sure this is not impossible, as they were human afterall.

I always wanted to wear the niqaab, but struggled with the shaytan, and my own desires...i wanted to feel free, to feel the breeze on my face..etc.

I decided to wear the niqaab, as i wanted to please my Lord more. As soon as i put it on, i felt "free"...and i could still feel the breeze on my face..lol.

Its not easy sisters...but let me tell you, the more we struggle to please Allah, the more rewards we will get insha Allah...

Ya Rabb, please help the ummah..guide us according to Quran and sunnah, strengthen our eman, forgive us of our sins, and help us to fear and obey You..ameen.

hidden_treasure
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by salehah
salaam !

Niqab is NOT manditory nor it is proven from Quran or hadis ...any one trying to make itr compulsury is trying to surpass Quran and sunnah!

wasalamz
Assalamu alaikum,

Sis...how can you say that wearing the niqaab is almost criminal?? If the mothers of the believers wore it, and the women sahabah...then its a BIG part of islam...

Do you know what happened when the verses of hijab were revealed?....the women took there aprons off and wrapped them around there heads...these were truly remarkable women with strong eman..this was there response to Allahs commands. They were more than ready to follow and obey.

There are also many hadeeth to prove this including the verse in the quran regarding veiling. (please see interpretation of ibn masoud in ibn katheer).

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 11:49 AM
salam
does it not say in the quran that women covering yourself is an essential, surely to protect yout haya?
whether it is a niqaab or hijaab, i think it is important that sisters practice these clothing becasue surely you will benefit
wasalam

S_87
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
salaam !

wasalamz
want some daleel to disprove what youve said? please, you may not think its waajib but dont attack those who do, specially if they have back up from the Quran and Hadith

~Raindrop~
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
want some daleel to disprove what youve said? please, you may not think its waajib but dont attack those who do, specially if they have back up from the Quran and Hadith
salaam
jazakillah for that sis. just wat i wanted to say.
wassalaam

Nawal89
12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I wearn Niqab Alhamdulillah and have been from since i was 10. But i dont think it's fardh. I know it might be hard on some sisters because of the society and stuff, but really it depends on the individual too. I know some sisters who hussle on the street and wear niqab. They get harassed and all that, but then they have tawakkul in Allah and they dont give up. I really admire them subhanallah. Also about Muslims misunderstanding niqab...loool, my friend told me once that a "sheikh" came to her university and gave a lecture on why niqab was "haram".hehehe.

~Raindrop~
12-05-2005, 02:28 PM
salaam
i think it is fardh...see the article in the thread 'the importance of the veil'.
wassalaam

Sanobar
12-05-2005, 02:45 PM
salam!
hmm.....well i just begun wearing a niqaab...and it feels wowowowoow!
but even i had to go thru the "harassement" all my frnds were like y do u wear it? and u look like a terrorist...are u 4rm alqaeda?? all of them being non muslims....but now as they see me wearing it daily they dont say anything....:):):):)

ma'salamah

UmmKhadi
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Salaam aleikum

Sister Sanobar, i get more comments from muslims than from nonmuslims... :(

-SaNah-
12-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Salaam
I know this may sound silly but Inshallah when i feel ready to wear a Niqaab i am going to,at the moment i dont feel ready.I do wear a Hijaab though but like i said when i feel ready to wear a Niqaab i will Inshallah
Wasalaam

Sanobar
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
salam!
ameen to wat bro sudais said....
and sis ummkhadi.... i knw muslims do act weird at times when it comes to niqaab ! i too do get it 4rm my muslim frnds but not as much as 4rm my non muslim frnds......weird ppl eh????:lol:
ma'salamah

and sis sanah.....may Allah swt give u the will power to wear the niqaab...!inshaAllah u'll start soon!

-SaNah-
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Salaam
Ameen..
Wasalaam

libyanhero
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM
There is nothing that says niqab is fardh as the hijab there is a hadith that says you can show your hands and face and if niqab is fardh Allahu A3lam but to this point the issue is still a little shaky, no one of them is right there both acceptable but the hijab is fardh

and besides if your wearing niqab and the eyes are open, rnt the eyes the doorway to your heart and one thing we need to learn is lower our gaze but I think its alright to wear niqab and maybe better but the hijab is the only obligatory form and we cant deny the hadith about showing the hands and face because it is authentic too

S_87
12-05-2005, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
There is nothing that says niqab is fardh as the hijab there is a hadith that says you can show your hands and face and if niqab is fardh Allahu A3lam but to this point the issue is still a little shaky, no one of them is right there both acceptable but the hijab is fardh

which hadith you talking about?

is it the following?

from al-Waleed from Sa’eed ibn Basheer from Qataadah from Khaalid ibn Durayk from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr entered upon the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wearing a thin dress. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned away from her and said, “O Asma’, when a woman reaches the age of puberty, nothing should be seen of her except this and this” – and he pointed to his face and hands.

because this hadiths weak.theres more on this if this is the hadith your talking about, besides theres a hadith that contradicts this regarding Asma bint Abu bakr RA

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr said: We used to cover our faces in front of men.

Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah, 4/203; al-Haakim, 1/624. He classed it saheeh and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Jilbaab al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah.

Sanobar
12-05-2005, 03:15 PM

and besides if your wearing niqab and the eyes are open, rnt the eyes the doorway to your heart and one thing we need to learn is lower our gaze but I think its alright to wear niqab and maybe better but the hijab is the only obligatory form and we cant deny the hadith about showing the hands and face because it is authentic too
well said bro!:clever:

Sanobar
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
salam!
here are a few of the hadiths i got abt niqaab and hijaab! i hope they are of help!:)

The wives of the Prophet sws used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet sws went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet sws! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm.

Hadith - Bukhari 6:282

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin

When the verse "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar came out as if they had crows over their heads by wearing outer garments.

The lower half of the hijab is a garment that does not show the woman's figure. Jeans and certain obvious garments do not meet this requirement.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Dihyah ibn Khalifah al-Kalbi

The Apostle of Allah was brought some pieces of fine Egyptian linen and he gave me one and said: Divide it into two; cut one of the pieces into a shirt and give the other to your wife for veil. Then when he turned away, he said: And order your wife to wear a garment below it and not show her figure.

ma'salamah

Tasneem
12-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I wear niquab-Iv'e been wearing it since 11 but i just started wearing the burka which covers the eyes.

TabTabiun
12-05-2005, 11:34 PM

what do I think abouy Niqab?

Well, u see, I USED TO wear the niqab. It felt fantastic. I started wearing it at the age of 11. Then, wen I started going to uni with mom for ISOC events ppl (syrians especially) kept telling me that Allah dont want us to cover our faces. This went on for....approx 5 years. Eventually, wen I was 15 I told mom I had enuf of it. I didnt really, it was the ppl I'd had enuf of!!

Wallah! I so regret taking my niqab off. It was my joy and pride....I swear!! Maybe one day wen Im married Ill wear it again......but deep down it hurts to have taken it off.:embarrass

(The true veil is in the eyes of men - Arab Proverb)

Allah ma3akum

p.s: If u ever start wearing the niqab DONT fling it off like I did - Thats the only mistake u can ever make.
Sister -Allah The Al-Mighty Commanded The Believing Muslim Women To Cover in Surah 33:59

Tasneem
12-06-2005, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The issue of niqab is not agreed upon in Islam. Some scholars view it as obligatory while there is a large group of scholars that maintain that it is simply a voluntary (sunnah) act, not obligatory.

Shaykh Nasiruddeen Al-Albani has written a detailed view on why niqab is not obligatory:
http://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/wo...bani_niqab.htm

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid meanwhile argues that niqab is obligatory:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=2198&dgn=4

More on the subject here:
http://www.muhajabah.com/niqab-index.htm

Ultimately it is up to each individual to follow the opinion they are inclined to, and which they feel is the most correct view.
In the quran,when Allah commands the prophet Muhammed saws to command THE BELIEVING WOMAN TO COVER EVERYTHING:
Surah:33 Al-Ahzaib:Ayat:59
:salaam:
O prophet!Tell ur wives and your daughters and THE WOMAN OF THE BELIEVERS to draw there cloaks *(veils) all over their bodies (i.e,screen yourselves completley except the eyes or one eyes to see the way).
That they should be known (AS FREE RESPECTABLE WOMAN) so as not to be annoyed.
And Allah is oft-forgiving,Most merciful.
Surah:33 Al-ahzaib ayat:36
It is not for a believer man or WOMAN, when Allah and his messenger has decreed a matter that they should have an otion in there decision.And whoever disobeys has indeed strayed into a plain error.
:salaam:

Sanobar
12-06-2005, 08:58 AM
salam!
jazakAllah for sharing it with us sis...! i:)
ma'salamah

hidaayah
12-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Assalam u Alaikum.. ithink niqab is fardh and do it too alhumdulillah..here's a link u can check...
http://members.tripod.com/~ibnfarooq/niqaab.htm

Muslim Pride
12-06-2005, 12:20 PM
salam all

the niqab is so cool! totally :loving: it! i wore out a few months ago but not to school...then i took it off and then after Eid alhamdulilah its on permanently :D ive been so much happier ever since i wore it.......

aaaanyway, i dont think its fradh..well, it kinda is cos you see, you know how men are supose to lower their gaze? well if ure living amongst kafirs like me, then they cant really lower their gaze can they? cos its not like they know anything anyway...so its ure duty to protect ureself. and the more you cover up the more safer/protected u'll feel :)

Tasneem
12-06-2005, 05:40 PM

That verse was abrogated that was before the ayat came down about woman covering everything.

libyanhero
12-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Mashallah there is a rise in sisters wearing the niqab these days, i meaning teens and maybe younger mashallah but as long as it makes my sisters comforable its alright with me

I dont know about the obligation but it is better i suppose and more protective

libyanhero
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I wearn Niqab Alhamdulillah and have been from since i was 10. But i dont think it's fardh. I know it might be hard on some sisters because of the society and stuff, but really it depends on the individual too. I know some sisters who hussle on the street and wear niqab. They get harassed and all that, but then they have tawakkul in Allah and they dont give up. I really admire them subhanallah. Also about Muslims misunderstanding niqab...loool, my friend told me once that a "sheikh" came to her university and gave a lecture on why niqab was "haram".hehehe.
Mashallah since 10, parents did a good job well when you wear it younger it becomes easier to put it on when your older and has a good outcome on the way you see the world.........mashallah :peace:

libyanhero
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
salaam !

wasalamz
I seen hadiths of the prophet's wives wearing it so its better and more pure I believe wallah there is no difference as long as the person in her heart is modest and follows islamic manners, i think hijab or niqab is okay but the twist you see in society these days is some sisters who wear them actually end up abusing them, having a boyfriend and all that stuff

libyanhero
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
my friend told me once that a "sheikh" came to her university and gave a lecture on why niqab was "haram".hehehe.
lol what did you gather from the shiekh, why is it haram I don't really see anything wrong

some shiekhs "shiekh by day, pimp by night" lol my favourite saying, its true these days sometimes you see some sheikhs who do some wierd stuff

~Raindrop~
12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
salaam
but then theyre not shaikhs are they? just weirdos.
wassalaam

Z
12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Salaam.

Yeah, exactly. They must be 'weirdos'.

Tasneem
12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I have been wearing the veil since i was 11 but just started wearing the burka which covers the eyes.
Al-hamdudillah,i love it!!!!

libyanhero
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

I know the prophet pointed the hands and face in the hadith but speaking of the feet I think a women should cover her feet

S_87
12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I know the prophet pointed the hands and face in the hadith but speaking of the feet I think a women should cover her feet
which hadith???????????????

Nawal89
12-06-2005, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Yeah, exactly. They must be 'weirdos'.
just a bunch of people calling themselves sheikhs trying to misguide poeple.

mohd1985
12-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Salam 3laikum...

There's a hadees in saheeh al bukhari, the prophet mohammad (PBUH) said... when he traveled to see jahannam, he saw woman more than man in jahannam...

what i mean is... these days girls should control their selves more than before (fitnah has been increased now a days)... may allah give those people hidayah, who brain wash other girls to take off their niqab...

mohd1985
12-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Posted by a sister at http://www.singlemuslim.com

What do you see when you look at me
Do you see someone limited, or someone free?

All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they can't see my hair.

Others think I am controlled and uneducated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated.

They are so thankful that they are not me
Because they would like to remain 'free.'

Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused.

They think that I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isn't my choice.

They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged.

All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear.
Not because I have been stared at or made fun of
But because people are ignoring the One up Above.

On the Day of Judgment they will be the fools
Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules.

Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie
But at least I am filled with more inner beauty.

See I have declined from being a guy's toy
Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy.

Real men are able to appreciate my mind
And aren't busy looking at my behind.

Hooded girls are the ones really helping the Muslim cause
The role that we play definitely deserves applause.

I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my sight.

The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility
In the back of their mind they wish they were me.

We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life-long fight.

You see we are not controlled by a miniskirt and tight shirt
We are given only respect, and never treated like dirt.

So you see, we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized and violated.

We are the ones that are free and pure
We're free of STD's that have no cure.

So when people ask you how you feel about the hood
Just sum it up by saying 'Baby, its all good!'

hasib
12-07-2005, 06:28 AM

Niqab.. i dunno.. i have mixed feelings about it.. I respect whoever wears it but i am not sure i'd consider a niqabi sister for marriage.. i dunno :$.. just my opinion..

MetSudaisTwice
12-07-2005, 10:53 AM
salam
jazakallah bro mohd, that was good
wasalam

Sanobar
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
mashAllah bro mohd that was good!:):)

sapphire
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
jazakallah bro...when people ask me questions i should just handout things like the above and tell them o read it.....

MetSudaisTwice
12-08-2005, 02:45 PM

Niqab.. i dunno.. i have mixed feelings about it.. I respect whoever wears it but i am not sure i'd consider a niqabi sister for marriage.. i dunno :$.. just my opinion..

salam
although it is your opinion, i think marrying a girl who wears a niqaab is a good thing becasue it shows that they care about thier modesty which i think in this time of the world is very important
wasalam

Sanobar
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
^ true bro..! its weird to see that a brother does not want to marry a sister who wears a niqab...but then its ur opinion~:):)

MetSudaisTwice
12-08-2005, 02:50 PM
salam
which i pointed out sis, i know you can't argue a person's opinions but you can influence them to change their minds
wasalam

sapphire
12-08-2005, 02:55 PM
not all people wear niqaab for modesty....now adays people wear niqaab as fashion...i know people who wear it in the streets in front of people and then when they thik they wont meet anyone they take it off andtake there hair out....some niqabis wear jeans and top with the niqab...so the face is hidden and the body shapped revealed....clothes does not make you a good muslim...

Sanobar
12-08-2005, 02:55 PM
lol.....thats all the more weird sis...! seriosuly.....jeans and top and a niqaab????and yeah bro sudais i agree with that !:):)

sapphire
12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
oh sis its not funny trust...its just....i mean it gives the rest of us a bad name....

MetSudaisTwice
12-08-2005, 02:59 PM
salam
yes mashallah i agree, they are covering thier faces but not thier body fully, that makes them look all the more stupid becasue why cover your face and not your body? there is no logic in that,
may allah protect the sisters of this ummah as well as the ummah as a whole
may allah guide us all
wasalam

Sanobar
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
salam
yes mashallah i agree, they are covering thier faces but not thier body fully, that makes them look all the more stupid becasue why cover your face and not your body? there is no logic in that,
may allah protect the sisters of this ummah as well as the ummah as a whole
may allah guide us all
wasalam

i knw ....whats the point....i have girlz of these sort in my college! they look soo outrageous! i tell u they look like candy wearing a red scarf and a niqaab and no abaya! :blind: :blind: they are like the center of attraction on the streets!:confused: :confused: :confused:
Ameen to the duas bro!

libyanhero
12-08-2005, 03:05 PM

Why not brother, whats the difference between marrying because of niqab, it shows she is really modest and watches her gaze, lowers her gaze besides as a husband you see your wife without the niqab in your house whats the difference if she wears it when she goes out? you wouldn't want men lurring onto your wife would you?

Tasneem
12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
not all people wear niqaab for modesty....now adays people wear niqaab as fashion...i know people who wear it in the streets in front of people and then when they thik they wont meet anyone they take it off andtake there hair out....some niqabis wear jeans and top with the niqab...so the face is hidden and the body shapped revealed....clothes does not make you a good muslim...
At least there trying though.
When i was younger i wore it like that.:embarrass :hiding:
The sis.that do that i know how they feel and think...it might be hard for them.
I just make dua for them.

sapphire
12-08-2005, 03:06 PM
LOL....nice way of describing them.....the ones here they go around influencing people wrongly...they dont read namaaz and they make masails from their pockets...and because of the way they dress people look up to them.....

~Raindrop~
12-08-2005, 03:07 PM
salam
may Allah protect the sisters of this ummah as well as the ummah as a whole
may Allah guide us all
wasalam
Ameen

Muezzin
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM

Saw a niqaabi in the library today. Niqaab = instant respect. Seriously.

sapphire
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
At least there trying though.
When i was younger i wore it like that.:embarrass :hiding:
The sis.that do that i know how they feel and think...it might be hard for them.
I just make dua for them.

your not getting the point.....they do it on purpose...they go running round PROUD that they wear niqaab...its not like they are forced...they wear it so that they are famous..so they stand out.....

MetSudaisTwice
salam
sis jihad if they try then they should try harder and fully concentrate on covering all thier body not just the face
bro libyanhero and sis sapphire and sanobar mashallah well said
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
salam
just make dua to allah that they will gain more modesty inshallah and try and guide them
wasalam

Sanobar
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
your not getting the point.....they do it on purpose...they go running round PROUD that they wear niqaab...its not like they are forced...they wear it so that they are famous..so they stand out.....

same here in my college! they do it just to stand out in the crowd or just wear it becoz they dont wanna be seen outside with someone they shdnt be with.....! u knw we have non muslims wearing the abaya to bunk college! :mad: :mad: :rant:

sapphire
12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
you know i had this real close friend..her family moved away and she went to become an alimah...i met her in a wedding...and said come on lets read namaaz....she stopped talking to me because she didnt want to read it....and when a man accidently saw her face because her niqaab moved she squealed the whole wedding hall down.!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
salam
regarding the wearing of niqab, quoted by Sheikh Saud Shuraim
Also, know my Muslim sister that to conceal your face and allow your eyebrows, cheekbone, and bridge of the nose to remain uncovered is clear error. Some women use this as a ploy to cover up their inadequate features. They will uncover what they like and cover what they dislike. If our woman folk exit their homes having beautified themselves, uncovering more that what they cover, perfumed, while using their eyes and movement to attract the attention of men, they are indeed calling to deviance and disorder.
wasalam

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
you know i had this real close friend..her family moved away and she went to become an alimah...i met her in a wedding...and said come on lets read namaaz....she stopped talking to me because she didnt want to read it....and when a man accidently saw her face because her niqaab moved she squealed the whole wedding hall down.!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!: :enough!:
thats weird. wat was her real reason for wearing niqaab?
salam
Also, know my Muslim sister that to conceal your face and allow your eyebrows, cheekbone, and bridge of the nose to remain uncovered is clear error. Some women use this as a ploy to cover up their inadequate features. They will uncover what they like and cover what they dislike. If our woman folk exit their homes having beautified themselves, uncovering more that what they cover, perfumed, while using their eyes and movement to attract the attention of men, they are indeed calling to deviance and disorder.
wasalam
jazakallah for sharing bro :)

Umm Safiya
12-09-2005, 11:40 AM

Awwwww, I would love to wear niqab.. I don't know why I don't take the step and actually do it instead of just talking about it..
What can I do to reeeeally take the step? And is it better to wait until I move out? 'Cause I know my parents would have a bf, that's for sure! :'(

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 11:44 AM
salam
a bf??? whats that?
its best to ask a sister for advice
wasalam

cihad
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
it is always in the intention

Snowflake
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
:sl: I dont want ppl who know me very well to think Im ahypocrate by puttin it on again. So, Im going to use my future husband as an excuse. Clever ay? Yeah, I know.:giggling:

Allah ma3ak

My dear sister, don't worry about what people think as it is not them we have to answer to on Judgement Day. Whatever you do, do it for Allah or out of necessity, (like working in an environment where you cannot wear it).
Personally though it is difficult wearing a veil, especially on hot summers days
when you want to eat or drink outdoors. Ever tried eating icecream wearing a nikab? Lol, you get more on your nikaab than in your mouth. But it's these sacrifices we make now that inshaAllah will help us at the end.

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
salam
mashallah sis that is true, jazakallah
wasalam

Z
12-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Salaam.

Cihad, I intend to have little relaxation. I invite some girls over, get some music playing, and get a little entertainment. Nothing wrong with that is there? I intended to relax afterall.

Zuko
12-09-2005, 04:18 PM
salam
wasalam
Jazakallah Khair for sharing this...

Sanobar
12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
salam
a bf??? whats that?
wasalam
bf-boy friend eh?? not sure !

jazakAllah for sharing that info with us bro metsudiastwice!:coolious: :) :)

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Cihad, I intend to have little relaxation. I invite some girls over, get some music playing, and get a little entertainment. Nothing wrong with that is there? I intended to relax afterall.
i hope you're joking bro.:-\ :-\ :-\

Zuko
12-09-2005, 04:24 PM
He's trying to make a point about 'intentions'... He wasn't serious...

~Raindrop~
12-09-2005, 04:26 PM
salaam
i knew that :giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling:
wassalaam

Umm Safiya
12-09-2005, 04:30 PM
salam
a bf??? whats that?
wasalam

I'm not I can say these words here.. I think they'll become stars**!
[CONTENT REMOVED]

Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender

sapphire
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
welll...obviousy people will respect them alll for what they are generally known as...but if you get to know an individual...thats when we realise and opinions change......

cldnite
12-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Salamualaikum,
Allahualam, idk how hard it is, but i can only imagine. There r only like a few muslims in my school, no hijabis, n im the only kufi-i. kufi-a? w/e. n it was hard to get myself to do it, but once i did it i felt a lot better. so, im guessing it's the same w/ hijab n niqaab (but a lot harder). i bet it's a lot harder but a lot more beneficial. insh'Allah, may Allah give the women of this ummah that zeal to put on the niqaab. ameen.

sapphire
12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
welcome to the forum...didnt quite get your point there.....

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Aslamalykum. yo sis if your ready, then just make your intention for Allah and put it in. lifes too short to think about what other people think. trust me, i had a difficult time putting the jilbab on. i just thought of Allah and he gave me the strength

Nawal89
12-09-2005, 10:21 PM
^MashaAllah sis. Thats really nice to hear.

Tasneem
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ripa
Aslamalykum. yo sis if your ready, then just make your intention for Allah and put it in. lifes too short to think about what other people think. trust me, i had a difficult time putting the jilbab on. i just th

thought of Allah and he gave me the strength
Same here.
I used to hate the jilbab :-\ :mad: but i was like its either these people or Allah and thats when i relized its not about these people.
Its about Allah.
On the day of judgement Allah is not going to blame these people tht u ''tried to impress''.
I was conceited but than i started thinking why??I mean whats the point of even showin'off and all people will do is do the evil eye.
At first,it was'nt easy but i had to fight my nafs.
Im telling u if u knew me b4 me wearing the burka u would hate me!!!
I hated my life,i hated everything i was ready to give up all i had.
my muslim friends,my twin sister (who i love very much even though we fight about everything!!!!)i was ready to give up my oh,so concerned muslim mother and i was even ready to give up my father(who tries to make u smile when ur down)and my oh,so adorable 5-year-old sis.and even my lil.bro
when i look back i think i was a real idiot.
I look at my life every day as a blessing and i treat it like one.
I have truly changed.
4 me its like the before and after pics.and i like the after pics better than the before thats 4 sure!!!
Salam:peace:

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Allahu Akbar!!

SalafiFemaleJih
12-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Asalamualikum wr wb,

What do I think about Niqaaab? I think its obilgatory in Islam to wear Niqaaab. Its in Surah Ahzab and Surah al Nur. What else do I need to know? I feel soo good about wearing Niqaab. After all women is like a pearl in a shell.

No men have rights to look at me beside my hubby : ) insha'Allah!!

I'm not on sale, so everyone cant check me out. Reserved for my future hubby insha'Allah.

Wasalmaualikum wr wb : )

Tasneem
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
Asalamualikum wr wb,

What do I think about Niqaaab? I think its obilgatory in Islam to wear Niqaaab. Its in Surah Ahzab and Surah al Nur. What else do I need to know? I feel soo good about wearing Niqaab. After all women is like a pearl in a shell.

No men have rights to look at me beside my hubby : ) insha'Allah!!

I'm not on sale, so everyone can check me out. Reserved for my future hubby insha'Allah.

Wasalmaualikum wr wb : )
sis!!That was truly well said.My body is my buisness!!!

Umm Safiya
12-10-2005, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

I'm not I can say these words here.. I think they'll become stars**!
[CONTENT REMOVED]

Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender

Im sowwyyyyyyyy.. :'( I didn't mean to swear.. I was just.. Well he asked.. And then it just slipped.. Sowwy! Pwease forgive me for using innapropriate words.. :'(

But is niqab fardh or just really good to wear..?

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-10-2005, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
The difference of opinion on this topic has already been mentioned here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/103841-post57.html

IceQueen~
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
salaam

the quran says ''oh believing women, draw ur veils all over 'juyubihinnah'..''
the word juyubihinnah means a cloth covering from head to toe- all parts of your body INCLUDING your hands and face!!

the reason why some schloars say that it is sufficient to cover everything except hands and face is because of a hadith in which the prophet (saw) told asma(ra) that when a girl reaches the age of puberty then she has to cover everything except her hands and face.
But this hadith is weak and even if it is Ok it has to be before the verse for veiling was revealed because asma(ra) would never have come in front of the prophet (saw) like that otherwise.

islam is clear on veiling-aisha(ra) said in a sahih hadith that when the verse for veiling was revealed, women were ripping off spare pieces of cloth to cover their faces with.

another hadith states that when we go on hajj then we should uncover our faces-which is proof that your faces should be covered alongwith everything else already!

lots of so-called scholars have come forth with their ''modern'' opinions and are trying to let it easy on those who are too lazy to follow islam properly!

i hope Allah makes the truth manifest-ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.