/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in America

m_2005
11-01-2005, 10:49 PM
:sl:

I was wondering, what is life like for muslims in America, post 9/11. Is it really that bad, or has it been exaggerated?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuko
11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

I was wondering, what is life like for muslims in America, post 9/11. Is it really that bad, or has it been exaggerated?
I don't know what's being said but this is how it is for me. Well I'm no grownup, but as a student, I'll tell you, the first two years after the attacks, life was scary and tough. Muslims stayed away from the subways especially... Groups of kids from other schools would come to my school with knives, clubs and such. You'd get the stares, have people spitting on you, your property would be vandalized and stuff. But nowadays, (this is me, not necessarily every Muslim around my age) I don't notice anything. No one says anything to me anymore... Sure they'd look, but that's it. We haven't been robbed for a while now (al-hamdulilah) and basically, not much happens now. But the hate is still there in their hearts.

This is the case for me and the kids in the Bay Ridge area of New York... Don't know about other parts, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too different.

BlissfullyJaded
11-01-2005, 11:13 PM

Things are more difficult, and its way harder to have a Muslim appearance (brothers having beards, sisters wearing niqaab, etc) without people staring at you like you're a terrorist. I don't blame them..after all that is what they are fed by the media. :sister:

But it depends on the area you're in. Right after the attacks there was hatred here in Southern Cali, there wasn't as much violence against Muslims. There was just ice cold stares and people watching your every move. There was more violence in the East Coast, as they were more personally affected by the attacks.

You're gonna have wear hijaab with tight clothing, or not grow a beard, in order for them to treat you nice. And even then, you're still a suspect..

montoyauk
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
the hate is still there in their hearts.
it will never go away.same as what happened in london
hate will never go away from kaffirs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
renak
04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuko
I don't know what's being said but this is how it is for me. Well I'm no grownup, but as a student, I'll tell you, the first two years after the attacks, life was scary and tough. Muslims stayed away from the subways especially... Groups of kids from other schools would come to my school with knives, clubs and such. You'd get the stares, have people spitting on you, your property would be vandalized and stuff. But nowadays, (this is me, not necessarily every Muslim around my age) I don't notice anything. No one says anything to me anymore... Sure they'd look, but that's it. We haven't been robbed for a while now (al-hamdulilah) and basically, not much happens now. But the hate is still there in their hearts.

This is the case for me and the kids in the Bay Ridge area of New York... Don't know about other parts, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too different.
This is terrible.

I live in the Midwest, and we have a fair amount of Muslims. I've never known a Muslim to be harassed. If they are Arabic, a lot of people just assume they are Mexicans. To be quite honest, in this area, not many people care about the whole "Islamic threat."

Halima
04-06-2006, 01:04 PM

All we have to do is pray to Allah(swt) for the right guidance insha'Allah.

:w:

Joe98
04-06-2006, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
This is terrible.
If they are Arabic, a lot of people just assume they are Mexicans.

Gotta love Americans! ;D ;D

-

north_malaysian
04-07-2006, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuko

:uuh: OK USA is out of my country to visit list.

Inshallah
04-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Come to canada we have muslim dominated cities you can live in where no one will bother you and mashallah each suburb in toronto has at least 2 masjids minimum.

north_malaysian
04-07-2006, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
Come to canada we have muslim dominated cities you can live in where no one will bother you and mashallah each suburb in toronto has at least 2 masjids minimum.
I love to travel all over the world not to immigrate (because I love my Malaysia so much). But USA must be off the list! Very scary country!

Are there any Malays in Canada?

renak
04-07-2006, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I love to travel all over the world not to immigrate (because I love my Malaysia so much). But USA must be off the list! Very scary country!

Are there any Malays in Canada?
Oh come visit me. You'll love it here. There's not a threat where I live.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.