/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hi

Luke9
11-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi,and my name is luke,I am thinking about converting,chapter 22 in the Quran,after I finish about 3 more chapters I'll tell you guys ........ So far,I've been believing in a one true god,yet not picking a religion. peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-03-2005, 01:10 AM
Peace Luke.

Welcome to the Forums. Thats good to hear. God-Willing you will convert. Reading the Quran is an awesome experience and truly a life changing one.
Feel free to ask any questions that you have.

peace.

Samee
11-03-2005, 01:17 AM
:sl:

Welcome. Please, if you have ANY questions, dont be ashamed. Ask anything. We are happy that you have been so open-minded.

Inshallah you will convert to Islam- The best chance you have to reaching the gardens under which rivers flow :)

azim
11-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Welcome Luke. Hope you like it here, and just like brother Ahmed said, any questions, feel free to ask. Tke Care.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
11-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Hi luke

Wellcome to the LI. Praise be to God. This is the 2nd person i have seen wanting to convert/revert to Islam in this forum. What faith did/do you belong to? If you have any questions about Islam please do ask. God-willing we will try and answer them :).

Chapter 22 Surah Al-Hajj.

F.Y.
11-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Peace to you dear brother
I am so glad you are thinking of becoming a muslim. May Allah help you. :)

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 08:40 AM
:sl:

Welcome to this forum brother luke. I hope u benefit from it (Im still finding things out that I never knew of...I'm still learning:happy: ).

:giggling: :giggling:

God be with you.:aliencool

Danish
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
PEace Luke,
any Q, u have fireaway on comparitive religion...can i ask is there anything which is stopping u so far

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:31 PM
:sl: Luke

I am a revert and my brothers name(blood relative) is Luke. wierd huh!! wonder if your my real bro;) lol Hes read the Quraan too...im working on the other members of my family. May Allah give you and them guidance, ameen.

Anyway, any questions, feel free to ask...

Welcome to the forum.....

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
salam
welcome to the forums bro
wasalam

Luke9
11-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Well,I know that there is only 1 god,and the only thing stopping me so far is my grandma who would kill me if she found out ....

azim
11-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Is there any paticular reason your grandmother is objecting? Sometimes its due to misunderstandings of Islam.

Also, how are you find the Quraan bro? It's an amazing and very deep book and if you have any queries about certaina ayah, let us know.

Hpe you find what you are looking for - peace.

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Hello Luke,
Thank you for joining Load-Islam forums! We hope you have a wonderful stay with us. As many members have mentioned, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. In learning about Islam, I'm sure the following will be a useful resource for you:
http://www.beconvinced.com
Hi,and my name is luke,I am thinking about converting,chapter 22 in the Quran,after I finish about 3 more chapters I'll tell you guys ........ So far,I've been believing in a one true god,yet not picking a religion. peace
Incidentally, I also knew a Luke who converted to Islam, but that's not very surprising considering Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, especially the western world where there are thousands and thousands of people converting to Islam regularly.

format_quote Originally Posted by Luke9
Well,I know that there is only 1 god,and the only thing stopping me so far is my grandma who would kill me if she found out ....
You should know that someone who accepts Islam does not have to announce it to their non-muslim family/friends if they fear negative consequences. Islam is your personal choice. As Shaykh Saalih Al-Munajjid writes in his advice to a Muslim convert:
You know more about [your parents] situation than others. Perhaps if you tell them that you have become Muslim, that may open the door for them to enter Islam too. If that is the case, then tell them, but if you think that this will not do any good, and that it may have a negative effect on them or it might cause difficulties for you, then do not tell them. You can delay that for a while until Allaah opens their hearts. Seek the help of Allaah and turn to Him with du’aa’, sincerely asking Him to guide them.
Thus, fear of what people might do should not be an obstacle for you. It is incumbent upon every human being to pursue what they feel is the truth. You have already recognized God, now it is only a matter of accepting God's revelation and implementing it in your life. :)

Please also check out our comparative religion section as there are many interesting discussions that go on there.
Peace be with you!

Sanobar
11-04-2005, 05:35 AM
hi luke,
welcome to the forums...may Allah guide u...! :)
peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!