/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Haribo?!!!

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
:sl:

Is it true....?

When my husband told me the other day he had seen haribo packets with the halal sign on them I was shocked. but now another sister has told me that Haribos are now halal....

does anyone know about this - can it be confirmed??

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Maybe u can contact the haribo ppl. U know, the ones who make the sweets.

Allah ma3ik.

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Ive tried looking for a website but no luck :(

MetSudaisTwice
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
salam
yeah in some shops like costcutter they have haribo's which has halal sticker stuck on them
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Not a website.I meant their address so that u can write in and ask. Or even, a telephone number at the back of the packet.

Allah ma3ik

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:32 PM
really?! thats cool, I missed my haribos after i found out they were haram.Imma go to the shop later and check it out.although I doubt theyve managed to get this far yet...(depths of west wales). we probly got the old haram stock :(

Ameeratul Layl
11-03-2005, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
really?! thats cool, I missed my haribos after i found out they were haram.Imma go to the shop later and check it out.although I doubt theyve managed to get this far yet...(depths of west wales). we probly got the old haram stock :(

Well, if u are trying to find out for the sake of Allah if something is haraam. Then, I am sure that Allah will surely help you to find out.

Allah ma3ik:smile:

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeh, inshAllah, might wait til i go back to the city on Friday(oh wait!! tomorrow!) then ill check out the shops there.

MetSudaisTwice
11-03-2005, 12:47 PM
salam
inshallah
wasalam

j50yab
11-03-2005, 03:41 PM

This might help

Vegetarian
These are Haribo products that are stated to be both suitable for vegetarians and for Muslims/Halal/Kosher reasons.

These products are made without any pig gelatine but note they are coated in beeswax (except for **).

Apple Twista
Blueberry Lasooos
Cola Lasooos
Cola Twista
Dunhills Kids Mixture
Freaky Fish
Giant Strawberries
Jelly Beans
Pastafrutta
Pontefract Liqourice Sticks
Strawberry Lasooos
Strawberry Twista
Giant Sour Strawbs **

j50yab
11-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Better still read this answer from our local halal food guide.

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/vi...tID=2&compID=1

Insha Allah this may help.

S_87
11-03-2005, 11:02 PM

also on the front of the pack towards bottom i think left hand side

it says suitable for vegetarians..on halal ones

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I got some today. There's a gigantic green 'halal' sticker on the front, you can't miss it.

Rabi'ya
11-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Thats what I heard.....

Its great that they are halal.....I missed haribos so much, but now, alhamdulillah I can eat them again.

Which packet of haribos was it brother Muezzin?

Muezzin
11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Which packet of haribos was it brother Muezzin?

It was 'Sour Delicious'. They've got others as well. In fact, I think I'll go and get some right now. :p :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.