/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Charities Help the Poor Share `Eid Al-Fitr Joy

kadafi
11-03-2005, 04:12 PM

Many charities receive zakat al-fitr during Ramadan to give it to the poor before `Eid Al-Fitr.

CAIRO, November 2, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – Sharing good times and religious occasions with poor families, Muslims rush to donate for charities to buy new clothes, giving "Eiddeiya" (money given to children as part of `Eid celebrations) and other `Eid Al-Fitr stuff for the less fortunate, bringing a smile to this cross-section of Muslim societies.

“We receive clothes to distribute to the poor before `Eid,” Dr. Saud Al-Fulait, executive manager of Charity Warehouse, was quoted as saying by Saudi daily the Arab News Wednesday, November 2.

Many charities in the Arab and Muslim world receive zakat al-fitr and donations in both cash and kind long during the holy fasting month of Ramadan to buy new clothes and give "Eiddeiya" to the poor Muslim families before `Eid Al-Fitr.

Most Arab and Muslim countries will celebrate `Eid Al-Fitr, which marks the end of Ramadan, Thursday, November 3.

Most Muslims prefer to pay their annual zakat (alms), the third pillar of Islam, during Ramadan.

“I like my zakat to go to people who are really in need," Muna told Arab News.

"Since I do not know who these people are, I give to charitable societies who pass what is given on to people who really need them.”

Many charity donations in Gulf countries were marred by newly-clapped restrictions during the dawn-to-dusk fasting month.

Celebrations

During these blessed days for Muslims, many Muslim charities buy food stuff, clothes and other `Eid stuff with the zakat money, delivering them to the poor families.

“We have vehicles especially for delivering and distributing zakat al-fitr and `Eid clothing which come to us as donations,” said a representative from Al-Birr Society.

Al-Fulait also added that his charity buys other food stuff for poor families with the zakat money.

Muslim charities, in addition, organize special activities and celebrations during the Muslim festival for orphans and poor children to bring a smile to their faces in such an occasion.

“We will arrange a festival in Atallah Entertainment Park and invite people to come and enjoy the `Eid celebrations,” said one spokeswoman for a local charity.

Islamonline

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.