/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Krazy Pieces Of Info....

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 04:56 PM
:sl:

Just another crazy thread to get your mind going.......

Just though it would be fun to post crazy items of info....

Did you know....Slugs Have Four(4) Noses???:eek:

oh, and someone told me once that dogs cant see water

Anyone know any other cool info?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuko
11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Little known 'Did you know' facts

Weird facts that you would rather not know....

Did you know?...It is impossible to lick your elbow.

Did you know?...Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

Did you know?...Coca-Cola was originally green.

Did you know?...23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

Did you know?...In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

Did you know?...If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

Did you know?...Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

Did you know?...More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

Did you know?...The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

Did you know?...The Eiffel Tower in Paris weighs over 1000 elephants.

Did you know?... In 1879, a mail service in Belgium employed 37 cats to carry bundles of letters to villages around the town of Liege, this experiment was shorted-lived as the cats proved thoroughly undisciplined.

Did you know?... The greatest recorded number of children that have been born by one mother is 69! She gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and a measly 4 sets of quadruplets.

Did you know?... Every 5 seconds a computer gets infected with a virus

Did you know?...13% of Americans actually believe that some parts of the moon are made of cheese...yummy

Did you know?...The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.

Did you know?...If you could count the number of times a cricket chirps in one minute, divide by 2, add 9 and divide by 2 again, you would have the correct temperature in celcius degrees... How do they know that?

Did you know?...Fish that live more than 800 meters below the ocean surface don't have eyes.

Did you know?...Hydrogen is an explosive gas. Oxygen supports combustion. Yet when these are combined it is water which is used to put out fires.

Did you know?...The Dutch town of Leeuwarden can be spelled 225 different ways-

1. Leeuwaarden
2. Leewaarden
3. Leewarden
4. Leuwarden
5. leuwaardenn
6. Leuuwarrden
224. Bradford

Did you know?...Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.

Did you know?...Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Did you know?...Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history.

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs - Alexander the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

Did you know?...In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

Did you know?...If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

Did you know?...Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Did you know?...The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

Did you know?...101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die during the movie.

Did you know?...You're most likely to win the National Lottery (UK) if you buy your ticket on a Saturday rather than a Wednesday. Because you are more likely to die before the number draw than win.

Did you know?... In York, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow (except on Sundays)

Did you know?...On average, 90% Dutch teenagers can speak fluent English whereas only 80% American teenagers can speak fluent English. (Just incase you didn't know, English is not the first language of The Netherlands.)

Did you know?...In Texas, a recently passed anti crime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. Only in Texas....

Did you know?...No piece of square dry paper can be folded in half more than 7 times

Did you know?...The people who make school kitchens, also make electric chairs.

Did you know?... The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

Did you know?..."Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

Did you know?...The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.

Did you know?...1 in every 200 people are a psychopath and they look just like everyone else......

Did you know?...An average human loses about 200 head hairs per day.

Did you know?... All the chemicals in the human body have a combined value of approximately £4.00 (6.25 Euro)

Did you know?...In Alaska, it is legal to shoot bears. However, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.

Did you know?...You are most likely to be murdered or raped by a family member or a close friend (98% of all murders). Whereas being murdered by a deranged lunatic down a dark alley is very rare.

Did you know?...Bill "Four eyes" Gates has enough money to buy every house in Alaska!

Did you know?...Mexico City sinks about 10 inches a year

Did you know?...It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open? Next time you feel a sneeze coming try it!

Did you know?...Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula". In English this means 'The City of Angels'

Did you know?...In France, a five year old child can buy an alcoholic drink in a bar.

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Did you know?...13% of Americans actually believe that some parts of the moon are made of cheese...yummy
do u reckon George Bush is one of these 13%

Zuko
11-03-2005, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I don't 'reckon' I know sis...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Batoota
11-04-2005, 09:51 AM

interesting facts! the chocolate one is very scary!

Did you know?...In France, a five year old child can buy an alcoholic drink in a bar.
that's so sad. :(

Sanobar
11-04-2005, 11:11 AM

lol!!!! :giggling: :giggling: for sure sis!!!!!!

Rabi'ya
11-06-2005, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
DID u know : i am celebrating EID today ? :p
Did you know......I wish I had someone to celebrate Eid with :-\

Zuko
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I wish I had someone to celebrate Eid with :-\

Do you have any muslim friends that you could have celebrated with? :happy1:

Ibn Syed
11-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Did you know?...Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.

I've just got to try that!!:Evil: :Evil: :giggling:

Mrs A
11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Do you know ... my husband has been sitting trying to lick his elbow for the last 10 minutes because he is trying to prove me wrong ....ha ha ha! Think he will give up in the next half hour :statisfie

Sanobar
11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrs A
Do you know ... my husband has been sitting trying to lick his elbow for the last 10 minutes because he is trying to prove me wrong ....ha ha ha! Think he will give up in the next half hour :statisfie
:eek: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: thats funny sis!!!! lol

Rabi'ya
11-07-2005, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Do you have any muslim friends that you could have celebrated with? :happy1:
i had, but not in my town :( so i spent it in my pyjamas, on LI forum, lol

Rabi'ya
11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrs A
:giggling: thats really funny

heehee

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.