/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Muslimah81
11-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Salaams

I need help from some knowlegable people on this discussion forum. Unfortunately I am not a very learned muslim - so I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to debates. My problem is this: I know a sunni muslim brother who has become good friends with some shias. My intention here is not to criticise the shias for trying to give this confused brother some dawah as they are obiviously convinced that they are right. But it is important for him to get the sunni perspective, otherwise all the information he recieves will be one sided.

Alhumdullilah I consider myself a sunni, but I dont have the type of knowledge (i.e. quoting from qur'an and hadeeth) to back up my arguments.

I would be grateful for any brother or sister with sincere intentions to come forward and help me answer this brother regarding the following issues:

1. they have told him that Allah only promised the family of Muhammad pbuh paradise and hence this gives them the authority to say whatever they want about abu bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) and aysha (may Allah be pleased with her) as these people were not blood related

2. Astagfirullah - they have told him that mutah was practiced in the time of the prophet :heated:

So far these are the two major issues that I need to reply to -

jazakhALLAH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
11-04-2005, 02:41 AM
:sl:

As for your first inquery only the prophets :arabic5: family promised jannah? Here is a list of 10 Companions who all where promised jannah in their lifetime.

1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (51 B.H-13 A.H; 573-634 C.E)

2. Umar al-Faruq (40 B.H-23 A.H; 584-644 C.E)

3. Uthman ibn Affan (47 B.H- 35 A.H; 577-656 C.E)

4. Ali ibn Abu-Talib (23 B.H- 40 A.H; 600-661 C.E)

5. Talha ibn Ubaydillah (28 B.H-36 A.H; 596-656 C.E)

6. Zubayr ibn al-Awwam (28 B.H-36 A.H; 596-656 C.E)

7. AbdurRahman ibn 'Awf (passed away 31 A.H/654 C.E)

8. Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas (23 B.H-55 A.H; 600-675 C.E)

9. Sa'id ibn Zayd (passed away 51 A.H)

10. Abu Ubayda, 'Aamir ibn 'Abdillah ibn al-Jarrah

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-04-2005, 03:44 AM
:sl: Muslimah81,
Any discussion with the Shia'a revolves around the doctrine of Imaamat, since this is their belief that seperates them from mainstream Muslims. Yes this doctrine has no support in the Qur'an, the word of Allah. (see also this).

As for your questions, Br. Khaldun has pointed out that the Prophet saws did promise other companions paradsie, like the ten he listed. Even in the Qur'an, in verse 48:10 Allah swt tells us He is pleased with all the companions who gave allegiance to the Prophet saws at ther treaty of hudaybiyah. Who are we to be displeased with those whom Allah swt is pleased with? And in verse 48:29 Allah swt promises these same believers paradise. That is the promise of Allah that no one can change.

As for muta'ah, this was a practice that was temporarily allowed in the early stages of Islam, just as alcohol was temporarily allowed. The reason being that the Islamic laws were implemented gradually to allow people the opportunity to develop and adjust - if they were imposed immediately the religion would be too difficult for the Makkans for whom Muta'ah and alcohol were part of daily life. Nevertheless, later, both Mutaa'a and alcohol were forbidden in Islam.

More information on these issues is available:
http://allaahuakbar.net/shiites/index.htm
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!