/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the chocolate Giotto halal?

Shiraz
11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Salam,

I was just wondering is the chocolate Giotto halal?

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Hazelnuts (33%), sugar, vegetable oil and fat, flour (wheat,rye), hydrogenated peanut oil, skimmed milk powder, whey powder, fat reduced cocoa, emulsifier (soya lecithin), cocoa mass, powdered egg white, salt, vaillin, raising agent (sodium hydrogen carbonate)

soya lecithin - i am not sure about this ingredient, can you help me?

Jazkallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Soya letcithin? I was more concerned about the whey powder - usually if a food contains that ingredient, it's haraam.

Shiraz
11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
So does that mean its haram?

aamirsaab
11-04-2005, 11:38 AM
:sl:
if there is a giant green 'V' or tick then its ok to eat it.
Whey powder = this issue is really dodgy..only eat it if te product has green tick/'v' - otherwise its probably the 'haraam' one.
Soya lecithin is in loads of products - i've never heard of it being haraam.

As a final word/sentence:
"I don't care if your full, just eat it!" - weird al yankovich

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shiraz
11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Ok thanks.

Shiraz
11-04-2005, 11:40 AM
But normally chocolates dont have a V sign.

- Qatada -
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
the V or a tick are supposed to mean 'suitable for vegetarians'. buh still its more better to stay away from somethin your unsure of because of the hadith:

"Leave what you have doubt about for that you have no doubt about; for it is truth that brings peace of mind and it is falsehood that brings doubt". ( Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i )

Allah u a'lam.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sherbie cola
11-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Even if products say they r suitable for vegetarians u still have to check as it may contain Alcohol in coz I bought a chocolate cake and it had a v mark on it and as I was opening the box I just glanced at the ingredients and it said chocolate liquor so I had to throw it away, so just be careful, most cadbury chocolate has suitable for vegetarians on but also remember they can change their ingredients at any time. Just keep on checkin on their web sites or ring their free numbers up.

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 01:41 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

I found out muller rice is haraam :rant: :rant: :mad:

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sherbie cola
11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I have tried to find out if Giotto is halal but with no avail, coz the web site is in German, if anyone knows german do have a look.

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherbie cola
I have tried to find out if Giotto is halal but with no avail, coz the web site is in German, if anyone knows german do have a look.
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sis if you have your doubts like brother akhee, stated stay away from them insha Allah

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Shiraz
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
ok thank you, i will have a look around some more.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.