/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do u think about this suicide bombing cartoon?

jzcasejz
11-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I was waiting in my neighbours house and saw ITV showing a cartoon about a boy deciding to become a suicide bomber:-\ . I managed to find out the site it was from; heres the link:http://switch5.castup.net/cuplayer.a...39%26ak%3Dnull

I know its the harsh reality, but a dodgy way to express it! Please post your comments

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 02:47 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

GOSH! that was a long clip lol

suicide in islam is haraam and killing others is seen as though you have killed half of mankind in Islam so what the young man did is haraam, although i do understand why he wanted to kill them.

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 03:00 PM
:sl:

Wallah that was so sad.

Couldnt watch all of it....too depressing for me:blind:

Allah ma3ak

S_87
11-04-2005, 03:48 PM

the sad reality

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

the sad reality

Agreed^

Genius
11-05-2005, 05:18 PM
That was Awesome! suicide is haram though.

baby_muslimah15
11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Omg that is sooo sas(that lil gurl and her brother) had to go through that,(Where did u find dis movie??)

Eric H
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

That was tragic, and violence encourages retribution; but peace mostly rests with the victim their family and friends, somehow there is the need to find the power to forgive and move on.

In the spirit of searching for interfaith friendships

Eric

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 05:53 PM
^^ but how can you forgive and forget when someone kills your own family and you there to witness it? it's too hard to understand it until you experience the situation :X

Eric H
11-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Greetings and peace Proud ukht,

The cartoon was certainly disturbing and very graphic, and its message was indeed hard to understand because we could never say how we might react if it happened to us.

When you say it is hard to understand until you experience it for yourself, has this terrible thing happened to you or someone you know?

In the spirit of searching peace and understanding

Eric

Protected_Diamond
11-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey hello

:nervous: what i meant was that we can easily say we won't carry out such action(s) but when we are experiencing that situation or problem we differ from our opinions and our thoughts!

Peace! :peace:

Eric H
11-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Greetings and peace Proud ukht,

It is certainly difficult to say how we might react truthfully, but if there was a best reaction that we could have after such an event; what do you think that might be?

In the spirit of searching for peace

Eric

j50yab
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM

Personally, I think this thread should be removed as well as the cartoon.
In present circumstances (in England) promoting something like this can be construed as terrorist activity. I understand that people in Palestine are driven to such acts. But my belief is that suicide is haraam. A cartoon like this shown to to a confused muslim could have a detrimental affect.

If someone were to kill my family, Nawuzubillah, then in this country the law would have to take action. You would not tie a bomb around your waist and then run into the nearest pub would you? If you have suffered years of torture your views might be different.

I'm sorry if I have offended but that is my opinion.

salehah
11-06-2005, 11:36 PM
salam !
I agree that in our religion suicide is haram.. but not all muslims have in depth knowledge of deen..
and the message i think is very clear..
voilence only gives birth to hate and more voilence. you can't expect peace in return.. specialy those who are the aggressors if they expect anything else!

waslaam!

quran4me
11-21-2005, 05:13 AM
salams brothers and sisters in islam, im 100% positive that suicide in islam is haram,BUT THE ulamaa of islam have said that suicide bombings are halal when the muslims have no weapeons to fight back with,so in the situation of palistine it is halal, and another proof is that brother i saw this video of this brother that did it and al hamdo lillah killed many kuffar and the other brothers got to get a scene after the boming and subhana allah he was smiling, how can he be smiling if the action is haram.

p.s realise that the brothers face was still in tact, allah the most high protected him.:brother:

Halima
11-21-2005, 10:11 PM
:sl: Thread moved here :w:

jzcasejz
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Proud ukht
^^ but how can you forgive and forget when someone kills your own family and you there to witness it? it's too hard to understand it until you experience the situation :X
I totally agree. It is very easy for people in countries like UK and my secondary school to just say suicide bombing is wrong and to leave it like that, forgetting the suffering our brothers and sisters are going through in other parts of the world. I totally agree with you, you are the first person to ever mention this. MAN!, what a time to use up all my rep points:-\

p.s. i don't say suicide bombing is alright, suicide is not allowed in Islam. BUT I do always remember the suffering that is going on in parts of the world:uhwhat

And also, I do realise that my school isn't a country :)

~Raindrop~
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by quran4me
salams brothers and sisters in islam, im 100% positive that suicide in islam is haram,BUT THE ulamaa of islam have said that suicide bombings are halal when the muslims have no weapeons to fight back with,so in the situation of palistine it is halal, and another proof is that brother i saw this video of this brother that did it and al hamdo lillah killed many kuffar and the other brothers got to get a scene after the boming and subhana allah he was smiling, how can he be smiling if the action is haram.

p.s realise that the brothers face was still in tact, allah the most high protected him.:brother:
salaam
Allah knows best.
May Allah, through His Infinite Grace and Mercy, relieve the brothers and sisters in difficulty. And may Allah the Almighty keep us steadfast on the true teachings of Islaam.
Aameen.
wassalaam

~Raindrop~
11-30-2005, 12:43 PM
salaam
and brother you mentioned the ulamaa(scholars) of Islaam. can you please clarify that? as in names? coz all the ulamaa i know have condemned this. and told us time and time again it is HARAAM.
wassalaam

Eric H
12-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Greetings and peace quran4me
THE ulamaa of islam have said that suicide bombings are halal when the muslims have no weapeons to fight back with,so in the situation of palistine it is halal,
Six million Jews were killed during the Second World War, they were an oppressed people in Germany. Somehow they seem to have forgotten about injustice as they are now an oppressive nation.

But how are the Palestinians going to get justice from suicide bombers?

There is a suicide bombing a few people are killed and the Israelis simply retaliate with tanks killing far more Palestinians. In the past Israel has looked for any excuse to expand its boarders and gain international support.

The Palestinians see so much injustice against their people; they have been squeezed of their own land and they seem an impotent Nation when it comes to military force.

If the Palestinians could forgive and if they did not retaliate with suicide bombings then Israel would be seen as the unjust aggressors. Palestine could then get international support and with international support Palestine could win back justice for its victims.

The power to forgive lays in the hands of all the Palestinian victims and their families and friends.

In the spirit of seeking justice and peace

Eric

liongood9
12-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Its just my opinion. But I heard that those people in Israel who bomb themselves are considered as mujaahid fighting for the cause of allah because the jews kill their relatives and families and torture them and they don't have guns and the only weapon they have is the bomb which they bomb themselves to kill the enemy. But now a days people tend not to say anything like it because they are afraid they will be considered as a wahabi and be tagged as a terrorist.

hissa
12-15-2005, 02:24 AM

I agree with everything you said. Suicide is definitely haram in islam, but if it is the only method of fighting for your religion, land, family or wealth, then suicide in this case (such as in palestine) is rewarded with paradise.
Allah knows best.

Eric H
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Greetings and peace hissa;
then suicide in this case (such as in palestine) is rewarded with paradise.
The suicide bomber was created by Allah and the people he kills are also created by the same Allah.

Is the suicide bomber making judgements on behalf of Allah as to who should live and die?

Can the suicide bomber be sure that he is killing the people that Allah wants killed?
Allah knows best
If Allah knows best, do we also claim the wisdom of Allah when we say that Allah will reward suicide bombers?

People of many faiths kill in the name of their God, and yet they seem to overlook the very insignificant fact that they are killing people created by their own God..

In the spirit of seeking peace on Earth

Eric

mehnaz
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hissa
I agree with everything you said. Suicide is definitely haram in islam, but if it is the only method of fighting for your religion, land, family or wealth, then suicide in this case (such as in palestine) is rewarded with paradise.
Allah knows best.
Assalamoalaikum....
"an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth??"...thats not what islam teaches...but then we cant even begin to imagine wat our muslim bros and sis's in palestine are going thru....

suicide bombing haram or halal??....WallahuAalam..!!

May Allah swt guide and protect us all..Ameen...

W'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.