/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reverts

meknesi
11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
salam wa alaykum dear brothers and sisters
jus was reading an article on the web and on one article it said since 9/11 34,000 peopls reverted to islam( i knew alot did as i haerd b4 but this time i saw a figure and in a newer article it said experts beleiev about 25,000 americans revert a year All Praises Is For ALLAH The Almighty. subhanallah. this is why the west are so against us there so scared at not only are there muslims in the islamic world but there is also a new generation growing right beneath there noses......Allah hu Akbar

meknesi
:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
:w: Brother,

MashAllah its nice to know that so many have reverted to Islam. But.....( I dont mean to sound so disrespectful), wouldnt we expect ppl to be pushed AWAY from Islaam seen as 9/11 is blamed on Us....Muslims?

Like I sed....its just a thought. Maybe, someone can help me to understand.InshAllah.

Allah ma3akum
p.s: JazakAllah for the post brother.
Rep points ur way. InshAllah.

meknesi
11-04-2005, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

MashAllah its nice to know that so many have reverted to Islam. But.....( I dont mean to sound so disrespectful), wouldnt we expect ppl to be pushed AWAY from Islaam seen as 9/11 is blamed on Us....Muslims?

Like I sed....its just a thought. Maybe, someone can help me to understand.InshAllah.

Allah ma3akum

NOT AT ALL SISTER NUMBER ONE I DID NOT SAY IT WAS MUSLIMS AND I DONT BELEIVE IT WAS ITS JUST COMES TO SHOW ....WHOEVER IT WAS IS NOT THE POINT THAT IM TRYING TO PROVE THE POINT IS THAT ALLAH SWT ORDAINED FOR IT TO HAPPEN WHETHER IT WAS MUSLIM OR NON MUSLIM BUT IT JUS COMES TO SHOW THAT BECAUSE IT HAPPENED AND SO MANY PEOPLE WANTED TO FIND OUT WHAT ISLAM WAS AS THE MEDIA WAS TRYING TO DISRESPECT ISLAM AND MUSLIMS BUT THE PEOPLE LOOKED INTO IT THEMSELVES AND THEY REALISED THE TRUTH, AND YOU SHOULD FOREMOST KNOW THAT ALLAH DECRESS ALL NO MATTER WHAT HUMANS DO ITS WRITTEN BY ALLAH SWT........

Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by meknesi
NOT AT ALL SISTER NUMBER ONE I DID NOT SAY IT WAS MUSLIMS AND I DONT BELEIVE IT WAS ITS JUST COMES TO SHOW ....WHOEVER IT WAS IS NOT THE POINT THAT IM TRYING TO PROVE THE POINT IS THAT ALLAH SWT ORDAINED FOR IT TO HAPPEN WHETHER IT WAS MUSLIM OR NON MUSLIM BUT IT JUS COMES TO SHOW THAT BECAUSE IT HAPPENED AND SO MANY PEOPLE WANTED TO FIND OUT WHAT ISLAM WAS AS THE MEDIA WAS TRYING TO DISRESPECT ISLAM AND MUSLIMS BUT THE PEOPLE LOOKED INTO IT THEMSELVES AND THEY REALISED THE TRUTH, AND YOU SHOULD FOREMOST KNOW THAT ALLAH DECRESS ALL NO MATTER WHAT HUMANS DO ITS WRITTEN BY ALLAH SWT........

:w:

JazakAllah brother. :cool2:

Allah ma3ak

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
meknesi
11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Wa Iyak Sister

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
:sl:

Good post, just dont type in CAPS please? sorta hard to read.:offended:

Samee
11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

The thing is, when something like 9/11 happens, only the ignorant and the oned who have veils on their hearts start to become the real "terrorists" against Islam.

The intellectual actually research the religion to see if it suggests killing innocents. When they see how beautiful it is, they convert.

Ameeratul Layl
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee

The thing is, when something like 9/11 happens, only the ignorant and the oned who have veils on their hearts start to become the real "terrorists" against Islam.

The intellectual actually research the religion to see if it suggests killing innocents. When they see how beautiful it is, they convert.

:sl: That is totally true brother. I agree 100%. Its just that..... sitting in my G.S class gives me the impression that no matter how nice I am to the non mUslims.....they just hate Muslims bcuz of 9/11 and want to take over the world.
I would go into depth about my point....but I must not go off topic!

Allah ma3ak

p.s: *sigh*maybe Allah has not unveiled their hearts yet.

ummbilal
11-04-2005, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Allah ma3akum
salaam alakum sister,

when i watched the planes crash into the towers i knew this was a sign from Allah, it was from Allah without a doubt.
do u think anyone in them towers expected to die that morning? they were just doing what they always do everyday.. that was my wake up call

i knew i woke up that day, i sat and watched it over and over on the news and thought i need to sort myself out asap as one day soon i will die and one day i will be standing before my Rabb to be questioned,

i must add my family were muslim in name not practising so i knew a little about islam, but after that i read and read and asked lots and lots of questions and learnt about my deen and still am Allhumdulilah.

:loving:

many nonmuslims had questions about islam after 9/11 and some reverted Allhumdulilah, i also heard weak muslims left their deen after 9/11 but i think if your a hypocrite it provided an excuse to give up pretending to be a muslim.

hope this answers ya question

fi ammanillah

ummbilal
11-04-2005, 04:32 PM
also we as muslims were shocked that the us didnt say"what have we done to make people hate us soo much they would do this?"

ABWAN
11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Assalamu alaikum wr wb

As someone pointed out earlier, there have been more reversions post 9/11 and I have witnessed and read stories about it. It is Allah(swt) who could guide a kafir to the path of Islam or to make a muslim go astray and both have been happening in usa. There have been a rise in the number of latinos reverting and traditionally it has been women who have reverted more than men. But it has always been the opinion that numbers hardly matter

czgibson
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
also we as muslims were shocked that the us didnt say"what have we done to make people hate us soo much they would do this?"
That's exactly what many of the American public did ask themselves after 9/11.

Peace

ABWAN
11-05-2005, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

That's exactly what many of the American public did ask themselves after 9/11.

Peace
Well the leader of the american public (and still there are stories floating around about how he was *undemocratically* elected in the world's 2nd largest democracy) has done enough for the american public to figure out the answer to that question now.

imaad_udeen
11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal

I wonder if Daniel Pearl wondered what he did to make people hate him enough to cut his head off..

Halima
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
caps indicate yelling so please refrain from that InshAllah.

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 02:49 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

alhamdulillah I reverted after 9/11 however it wasnt as a direct result of 9/11. I was already researching Islam before that.

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 02:51 PM
salam
mashallah sis
may allah grant you all the happiness and strengthen your imaan inshallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
mashallah sis
may allah grant you all the happiness and strengthen your imaan inshallah
wasalam

Ameen. Ameen. aMEEN.

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 02:56 PM
JazakAllah for the duaa brother....

I love you sis AmeeratulLayl

*goes shy*

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
JazakAllah for the duaa brother....

I love you sis AmeeratulLayl

*goes shy*

lol. I wuv u too sis.

*grabs sr rabiyah and gives her a biiiiiiiggggg hug*

:loving:

Allah ma3ik

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:00 PM
salam
may allah increase the number of muslims in this world inshallah
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
inshAllah.....it is happening slowly, brother. And i think that people have more support within their local communities nowadays so its easier to remain strong in ur imaan.

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:09 PM
salam
yes mashallah true sis
alhamdulillah in my area there has been a rapid increase in the number of muslims since last 4-5 months
may allah allow the number of muslims to increase inshallah
wasalam

Halima
11-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Please forgive me if I'm offending anyone but I don't understand why reverts have converted out of Islam in the first place? Perhaps it's my wrong definition of reverts, however please correct me if i'm wrong but reverts mean people that have converted out of Islam when to a different religion but then they came back to Islam. My question is why did you convert out of Islam in the first place?:-\ Did you feel that Islam wasn't suited for you? Or perhaps did you feel that the rules in Islam were too conservative? when someone coverts into Islam the main oath they have to take is that shahada. the first point of the shahada is

Believing "La ilaha il Allah" (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)

Point 1: Tauhid-ar-Rububiyya

A confession with your heart that the Creator (of everything) is Allah, subhana watala, it is that you have to say: "I testify that the Creator of all the universe, including the stars, the planets, the sun, the moon, the heavens, the earth with all its known and unknown forms of life, is Allah. He is the Organizer and Planner of all its affairs. It is He Who gives life and death, and He (i.e. Allah Alone) is the Sustainer, and the Giver of Security, etc." And this is called your confession for the "Oneness of the Lordship of Allah," Tauhid-ar-Rububiyya

To my understanding a person that has left Islam has rejected this oath. Moreover this is the very first creed that a person has to believe in if they want to be a muslim. A sister and I were talking about reverts last night and we just couldn't figure out why they leave Islam in the first place?:-\ It gives an impression to other muslims that perhaps you didn't take Islam seriously in the first place:-\ I don't know I just really don't understand the aspect of leaving Islam and then returning back to it. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Silver Pearl
11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Please forgive me if I'm offending anyone but I don't understand why reverts have converted out of Islam in the first place? Perhaps it's my wrong definition of reverts, however please correct me if i'm wrong but reverts mean people that have converted out of Islam when to a different religion but then they came back to Islam. My question is why did you convert out of Islam in the first place?:-\ Did you feel that Islam wasn't suited for you? Or perhaps did you feel that the rules in Islam were too conservative? when someone coverts into Islam the main oath they have to take is that shahada. the first point of the shahada is

To my understanding a person that has left Islam has rejected this oath. Moreover this is the very first creed that a person has to believe in if they want to be a muslim. A sister and I were talking about reverts last night and we just couldn't figure out why they leave Islam in the first place?:-\ It gives an impression to other muslims that perhaps you didn't take Islam seriously in the first place:-\ I don't know I just really don't understand the aspect of leaving Islam and then returning back to it. Can someone enlighten me on this?
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I think you've misunderstood the meaning of 'revert', it is used for those who have come back to the deen after leaving it. 'Leaving the deen' is not defined as one who grew up and knew Islam all their life but rather one who was born a muslim, like we all are but were then influenced by parents and adopted other religions, whether be montheism or not.

For example, say my parents were hindu, i may have been born Muslim but then when i grow up i announce myself as a hindu and follow the faith of my parents. If i then find Islam, the truth and embace it, i'd be referred as a revert rather than convert because we are all born as muslims. The fact that we are all born as a muslim (ah), means that the use of the word 'convert' is no longer correct hence we use 'reverts' you understand ukht?

Mashallah, the ummah is growing but we should not be aiming for quantity but quality :)

Halima
11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

I think you've misunderstood the meaning of 'revert', it is used for those who have come back to the deen after leaving it. 'Leaving the deen' is not defined as one who grew up and knew Islam all their life but rather one who was born a muslim, like we all are but were then influenced by parents and adopted other religions, whether be montheism or not.

For example, say my parents were hindu, i may have been born Muslim but then when i grow up i announce myself as a hindu and follow the faith of my parents. If i then find Islam, the truth and embace it, i'd be referred as a revert rather than convert because we are all born as muslims. The fact that we are all born as a muslim (ah), means that the use of the word 'convert' is no longer correct hence we use 'reverts' you understand ukht?

Mashallah, the ummah is growing but we should not be aiming for quantity but quality :)

Thank you for the explanation however I had a correct frame of what revert is. What I didn't get is why didthey leave Islam in the first place. However, you have expanded the meaning of reverts which made me to open up mind and to finally understand that reverts come from various backgrounds. One aspect is that is can be through genetically like you have mentioned. Thus far I have never thought of it like that until you have mentioned it. It's so great so be a revert knowing that you are in the truest religion, however, recently i've been thinking in great depths as to why they switch out of it. Thank you for clearing that up.

Jazakhallah Khair.

hidden_treasure
11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
When 9/11 happened, people decided to read up on this so called "terrorist religion"...however they realised that islam is far from being a terrorist religion, and that it is a peaceful way of life..submitting to the One and Only Creator.

Mohsin
11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Alhumdulillah, it shows the how true islam is

Even in adversirty with incorrect information being spread and bad media coverage of islam, there are still yet thou8sands of brothers and sisters reverting back to the religion of Allah
And also, despite how islam is stereotyped as being oppressive of women, female reverts outnumber male reverts by 3:1, subhanallah!

Danish
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
yep many have alhamdulillah...i myself have witnessed atleast dozens of shahda alhamdulillah

Umu 'Isa
12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I read in the local newspaper that at least 100000 westerners revert to Islam every year. MashaAllah

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-07-2005, 02:39 PM
The term 'revert' is often preferred by Muslim converts, as all human beings are believed to be born Muslim, hence converts feel that they have actually 'reverted' to their original faith as opposed to converting.

MetSudaisTwice
12-07-2005, 02:41 PM
salam
subhanallah it is great to know that the number of muslims worldwide is increasing
may allah increase that number and give us strength
wasalam

Mohsin
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
I read in the local newspaper that at least 100000 westerners revert to Islam every year. MashaAllah
I heard its more than this, something like 100,000 in america alone and 20,000 in UK alone, Allah Knows Best

Nawal89
12-09-2005, 05:17 PM
^wow thats really great, mashaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.