/* */

PDA

View Full Version : honour killing

Sahabiyaat
11-04-2005, 08:01 PM
(links flipped up will find it l8r InshaAllah)

i found this...its about an honour killing
this is disgusting man
and its happening more often than ever now

how can muslims do this ?:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-04-2005, 08:09 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis - i really think its got to do with culture.. and with times like this, its like the time of the jahiliyiah (before islam came) and people do this due to pride.. its really sad. plus islam doesn't force marriages...

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

omg!! i saw this on the news like 5 mins ago, it's crazy, the girl's own brother even participated in the killing, and he was only 15 years of age!!!!

astaghfirullah, how can you kill another human being, and to make things worse another muslim? it's crazy

let's hope Allah s.w.a forgives us all for our sins, and make us see the truth insha Allah

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

yeah force marriages is haraam, what is the islamic approach to these kind of situations, does anyone know?

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
11-05-2005, 03:42 PM
here we are

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

czgibson
11-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Greetings,

It's an absolutely shocking crime. Do they really think "the family's honour" has been withheld after this?

The reason why the youngest member of the family was instructed to commit the murder was in the hope that he would receive a less substantial punishment on account of his age. (It's a common technique in honour killings, apparently.)

It's unbelievable that this sort of thing could happen in 21st-century Britain.

Incidentally, just because they were Muslims, there's no reason for anyone to assume this is typical Muslim behaviour. As people have said, it's obviously strictly forbidden in Islam.

Peace

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 04:10 PM
They've all got a life sentence haven't they?

Sahabiyaat
11-05-2005, 04:31 PM
^ yerup

its not classed as muslim behaviour
its called 'asian' behaviour
which i guess is automatically then classed as muslim behavoiur

what sickens me to the core of my soul is what happend between the two muslims who were 'at it' :heated: what they did is normal kuffar stuff..sleeping with ur gf/bf is about normal as having a chocolate bar 4 these ppl

but what the hell are muslims playing at ?:heated: how could they do that...

i wonder what happens to the girl now....they've most likely broken every bone in her body...made her have an abortion..shipped her off to bangladesh to get married to the nearest cousin who doesnt have a whiff of the situation.

:heated: i just cant get over this....i hope Allah (swt) helps everyone involved in this situation...they have to be going thru hell..

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-05-2005, 05:20 PM
This is a case of 'two wrongs', if the girl and guy where both muslim and liked each other, the parents should have made them marry each other. Instead of getting them both married of the girl is pregnaunt with extremely tough life to look forward to and not too mention the sin caused by being pregnaunt before marriage, the boy is dead, the girls brothers and father are prison for life and mother of girl nothing in her life now and same with the boys family. Is it any wonder why 'pride' is seen so badly in Islam? If Islam was properly followed none of this would have had the cahnce to start.

I have another question, why is it when a killing of this sort and is done by Muslims, sikhs, hindus etc, its seen as a 'honour killing' and yet we see this type of killing done all the time within christany but never hear the words ''honour killing''.

Muezzin
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I have another question, why is it when a killing of this sort and is done by Muslims, sikhs, hindus etc, its seen as a 'honour killing' and yet we see this type of killing done all the time within christany but never hear the words ''honour killing''.
I have noticed that. It's a form of ethnocentric discimrination basically. It's the same thing, and it's wrong whatever you call it.

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
i hate it when they do that, they always put islam on trial rather than the crime itslef.

Muezzin
11-05-2005, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proud ukht
i hate it when they do that, they always put islam on trial rather than the crime itslef.
That's the media for you. At least the courts just put the crime on trial.

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah true bro, the muslims always gets the blame no matter what happens :rant:

Ahmed_Yaseen
11-05-2005, 10:19 PM
:sl:

Yeah. I noticed that Radio Fivelive were saying "a strict Muslim family".

If they were strict Muslims they were clearly a bit deviant. That is not how you deal with the situation.

The thing that hits me hard about this is... OK I accept it is a cultural thing that transends a number of different religions, but Muslims seem to be affected most. I mean a couple of years back I can remember a Kurdish man stabbing his daugher to death (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3149030.stm ).

:w:

Sahabiyaat
11-06-2005, 11:29 AM
this is terrible
how can ppl do this?
so he used to physically abuse her before he killed her ?...what kind of a father would do that.she was only 16

minaz
11-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Well most of all Asians live within a community (including blood relatives as well as friends) and status plays a big part. I don't know what you mean by the term "christany" but I guess you're on about none asians. Well lets say a white caucasian man kills his girlfriend and her lover for 2 timing on him - then that's just plain murder as it's an act of anger with the motive of betrayl. Whilst these honour killings are usually carried out by parents/older brothers upon their young child/ sister/brother/ - with the motive of a clash of ideologies.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-06-2005, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Well most of all Asians live within a community (including blood relatives as well as friends) and status plays a big part. I don't know what you mean by the term "christany" but I guess you're on about none asians. Well lets say a white caucasian man kills his girlfriend and her lover for 2 timing on him - then that's just plain murder as it's an act of anger with the motive of betrayl. Whilst these honour killings are usually carried out by parents/older brothers upon their young child/ sister/brother/ - with the motive of a clash of ideologies.
I used 'Christianity'(just noticed I spelt it wrong in my other post) because I couldn't find a better word, I guess none asians sounds better.

The example you gave also has honour involved in it, the media just makes it seem that asians encourage this by labeling it as a honour killing. I dont see the difference between this type of killing and a white caucasian man killing his girlfriend and lover for two timing him, both types of killings have honour and anger in them but one is as you say seen as plain murder.

minaz
11-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Obviously no-one kills a person without sacrificing their livelihood (honour) for the hell of it - well unless your George. W. Bush :p. Anywho, the difference is seen because the "honour killing" is performed 'for the status of ones name in the community'. I hope my point is clear enough, but it's good to see a healthy debate in the forum upon the way the media portrays (words) such acts. At the end of the day, I’d prefer them to water down their use of "Islamic" in "Islamic terrorist", as this is a bigger issue affecting all of us than "honour killings."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.