/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic FUNDO – That’s me!

Rehmat
01-20-2005, 03:16 AM
A fundamentalist (FUNDO) is a person who follows and adheres to the fundamentals of the doctrine or theory he is following. For me to be a good engineer, I am expected to know, follow, and practise the fundamentals of engineering. In other words, I should be a fundamentalist in the field of engineering. One cannot paint all fundamentalists with the same brush. One cannot categorize all fundamentalists as either good or bad. Such a categorization of any fundamentalist will depend upon the field or activity in which he is a fundamentalist. A fundamentalist fascist Nazis or Zionist causes harm to society and is therefore undesirable. A fundamentalist engineer, on the other hand, benefits society and earns much respect.

I am a fundamentalist Muslim who, by the grace of Allah, knows, follows and strives to practise the fundamentals of Islam. A true Muslim does not shy away from being a fundamentalist. I am proud to be a fundamentalist Muslim - because, I know that the fundamentals of Islam are beneficial to humanity and the whole world. There is not a single fundamental of Islam that causes harm or is against the interests of the human race as a whole. Many people harbour misconceptions about Islam and consider several teachings of Islam to be unfair or improper. This is due to lack of knowledge of Islam, or just shear hatred toward the only true religion. If one critically analyzes the teachings of Islam with an open mind, one cannot escape the fact that Islam is full of benefits both at the individual and collective levels.

According to Webster’s dictionary ‘fundamentalism’ was a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the earlier part of the 20th century. It was a reaction to modernism, and stressed the infallibility of the Bible, not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record. It stressed on belief in the Bible as the literal word of God. Thus fundamentalism was a word initially used for a group of Christians who believed that the Bible was the verbatim word of God without any errors and mistakes.

According to the Oxford dictionary ‘fundamentalism’ means ‘strict maintenance of ancient or fundamental doctrines of any religion, especially Islam’.

Today the moment a person uses the word fundamentalist he thinks of a Muslim who is a terrorist. Personally, I think every Muslim should be a terrorist. A terrorist is a person who causes terror. The moment a robber sees a policeman he is terrified. A policeman is a terrorist for the robber. Similarly every Muslim should be a terrorist for the antisocial elements of society, such as thieves, racists, dacoits, drug-dealers and sex-maniacs. Whenever such an anti-social element sees a Muslim, he should be terrified. It is true that the word ‘terrorist’ is generally used for a person who causes terror among the common people. But a true Muslim should only be a terrorist to selective people i.e. anti-social elements, colonialists, imperialists - and not to the common innocent people. In fact a Muslim should be a source of peace for innocent people.

Palestine under European Jewish occupation – the Palestinian resistance fighters who refuse to subscribe to Israeli or its puppet Palestinian leadership’ non-violence methods, are labelled as terrorists by the Zionist criminals. The same individuals have been lauded by Palestinians and Muslims around the world for the same activities and hailed as ‘patriots’. Thus two different labels have been given to the same people for the same set of actions. One is calling him a terrorist while the other is calling him a patriot. Those who believed that European Jews have a right to rule over Palestine called these people terrorists, while those who were of the view that Jews have no right to rule Muslim Palestine called them patriots and freedom fighters.

I suppose that would make me both - a FUNDO and a terrorist in the eyes of all those who are “terrorists” in the real sense. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.