/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need from u a favour

onemuslima
11-06-2005, 09:29 AM
salam
this really might have nothing to do with my education, but i wanna ask all the members 4 a favour. i'm planning to make my own muslim comic book, if u find any stories either from real life or muslim history ..to send me either the link or the story itself on my e-mail: littleduck892000@yahoo.ca.
before i use anything from the story ( to illustrate) i will take permission from the website itself. i really would apreciate u'r help.
thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

hey welcome to the forum sis! theres two main sites that have funny stories and comments for the youngsters, especially the teens:

www.maniacmuslim.com - funny articles etc.

www.therevival.co.uk - articles for the youth and comics included.

insha Allaah these sites will be good cz they have alot of info. may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala help u to create good comics to influence the youth and may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala send peace and blessings upon his beloved rasool sal Allahu alay hi wasalam, his beloved family and the muslim ummah. ameen.

if you need to ask for anythin else or if your unsure of anythin plz do and we'll try to get some more info. insha Allah.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Batoota
11-06-2005, 11:49 AM
:sl:

Woah!!! u call urself little duck? I'm batoota- meaning little duck in arabic! (or duckling to be precise...:confused:) Anyways, i'd love to help!

when u say stories from real life does that include our stories? like funny stories that happened in our lives? cause i have a couple of sort of interesting stories....:statisfie :thankyou: :okay: If you say yes, i'll send u some of them- as i have a lot typed up and u can do whatever u want with them....

*my life.......a comicbook?! :ooh: :statisfie :aliencool *

:lol:

insha Allah, ur book will be used for good reasons, and will be successful!

:w:

ummbilal
11-06-2005, 11:51 AM
salaam alakum sister

i'm curious how will u do it, will it be 100% halal ie no animated people or animals?

my husband is a retired comic artist, he stopped when he found he couldnt produce halal comic art,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
11-06-2005, 12:16 PM
salaam sis
there are lovly (muslim) stories here
http://www.islamcan.com/increaseiman/index.shtml

H!fFy
11-06-2005, 12:21 PM
salaam sis! .. welcom 2 da site hope u enjoy ur stay :)

umm .. i'll try 2 find out sum story's 4 ya inshallah .. and tanxs 4 askin 4 sum help coz im sure all of us wud like 2 help ya ;)

onemuslima
11-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Hey
I really never expected anyone 2 reply but thanx a lot. I especially liked www.therevival.co.uk posted by Akhee! I also checked out Islamcan ( thanx lovely lady) and took permission from the website. batoota yes u can submit your own real life stories but I can’t guarantee u that they will be part of the book. I thought ur name batoota was like bin-batoota the famous adventurer..lol. yes umbillal , Muslim scholars have had different rulings on drawing living things, sheikh yousef al Qardawi and many other
Famous scholars had agreed it is allowed as long as these rules are met:
“drawing pictures like human pictures, trees, etc, there is nothing wrong in drawing such pictures as long as the images do not depict nudity or other indecent representations. Also, the picture or image should not be revered or glorified.” This is quoted from a live fatwa, u should check out this link:
http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=H7la7U.
so photography and drawing are forbidden only for reason that it was a means leading to shirk . if it leads to good and benefits Islam why prohibit it!?
salam

onemuslima
11-07-2005, 07:19 AM
hey u guys should read the roadmap to paradise on theis website:
http://ezubi.bol.ucla.edu/roadmap.htm

Far7an
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
assalamu alaikum

Taken from http://www.islamicnetwork.com/index.php/comics/

Protected_Diamond
11-11-2005, 01:56 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

http://www.islamicgarden.com/inspirational.html

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.