i dunno how many of u am in eduacation....but....if u am den u mite know
wat i mean....
im doin dis ICT course at college...........im finding it VERY hard :(
i neva wanted 2 do ICT.......but my parents wanted me 2 do it.........n so
i was kinda forced in2 it :(
i've neva been gud at ICT!!! neva!! n i dont even lyk it dat much!!! :mad:
i've got soooooooooooooooooooooooo much coursework on my hands
its unbelieveable!!!!!!! :mad:
above all dis i keep gettin da everyday lectures off my mum n dad....
'u betta work' :rant: etc........am tryin as hard as i can..........but seriously i dont fink im gonna pass!! :(
y do dey have 2 put so much pressure on me?!?!?! :mad:
plzzzzzzzzz make dua 4 me aswell ppl........i need it :(
n e 1 else in da same position??
take care
w/salaamzzzzzzzzzz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
modez
11-06-2005, 05:16 PM
They probably want you to pay the mortgage for them.... So become a professional it consultant.. lol

Zuko
11-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Well I'm not in college, but my parents are making me take college courses, when I have 2 years left of high school! They want me out by next year and into college, but I'm not a smarty-pants, and it takes time for me to learn things. College-level Biology is crazy!:heated: :grumbling :vomit: I've finally managed to convince my mom to let me drop the course, but I think she forgot she said ok. :grumbling I know how you feel sis! Don't worry, I'll make du'a for you. :happy1:

m_2005
11-06-2005, 05:21 PM
:sl:

Yeah computing/ICT is real boring, I hate it, dunno why I chose it. Too much work, and theory is boring. What did you want to do if not IT?

Inshallah you will find it easy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM

hey sis, try not to stress too much. Work your best it at, inshallah you cant do better than your best. Inshallah i pray allah makes it easy for you.
However, ICT is a really good course to be doing, mashallah you can get a job literally anywhere.

If you really dont like it, then talk to your parents. Calmly sit down with them, make them a cupa chai and talk to them. Explain how you feel.

another option i would suggest is to do istikara. I find, even for the smallest of problems its good, because their is no-one better to consult with your problems then allah subhana watha allah.

allahu alum

take care, :sister:

:w:

modez
11-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Yes the best way is istikara i love it, its a wicked technology that no one can beat.

Sahabiyaat
11-06-2005, 05:35 PM
i've always hated i.t
never do anything u dnt enjoy :-\
ur just not gnna do well in it unless ur a genius

modez
11-06-2005, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahimprovin
i've always hated i.t
never do anything u dnt enjoy :-\
ur just not gnna do well in it unless ur a genius
help the sis dont put her off

m_2005
11-06-2005, 05:49 PM

It is kinda true though, you'll find it easier to pass in something you enjoy and are interested, which is why I have to put more time in AS Computing, then other subjects

modez
11-06-2005, 05:54 PM
I enjoyed doin AS computing couple years back. Great fun

nafy
11-06-2005, 06:10 PM
So duz dat mean am gonna fail??
NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :(
plz make dua 4 me ppl.......i really wanna pass!!
oh n thnx 4 all ur advice......its appreciated
take care
w/salaamzzzzz

m_2005
11-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Nah, you won't fail, just work hard at it and Inshallah Allah will make it easy for you, just work hard, and keep making dua

nafy
11-06-2005, 06:16 PM
thnk u bro
inshallah ur rite :)

Shadow
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
okay firstly id like to say tht evrything happens for a reason alright?
so in cases where it involves parental pressure i just go with the flow
my parents pressure me and im all cool n chilling
when they pressure with me then i just keep my cool and reply
"mom/dad everything happens for a reason, and i shall try hard but if i fail do not despair because Allah knows wht is best for His creation"
and i walk away before they reply :cool2:

m_2005
11-06-2005, 06:23 PM

I kinda had parental pressure, to do AS levels. I really didn't wanna do them, I wanted to finish Hifz and Aalim in a darul uloom. But i thought what the hey, I'll do hifz part time along with college, suffer the 2 years, and then do what I wanna do. But now I hate the AS levels I'm doing, except Maths, so might do other AS Levels next year

Make dua for me

ABWAN
11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Well if we are looking for excuses, we can find plenty of them...life itself is a challenge and things NEVER happen the way you would expect. So don't consider it as a pressure... rather take it as a challenge and try your best. At the end of the day, its better to make an effort and then succeed/fail rather than giving up.. take it easy and dont ever feel being pressurized..as that would get you nowhere

Muhammad
11-06-2005, 06:51 PM

May Allaah make things easy for you, Aameen.

Whatever situation we find ourselves in, it was decreed for us and no matter what we think we should have done, we would always be in that situation if Allaah wanted it to happen. This is very easy to forget but once we remember it, it is quite comforting to realise the fact that this is like a challenge of life we are going through.

Also, if you are doing this course to make your parents happy, at least you have the immense achievement of pleasing your parents by striving in your studies. It can be extrememly difficult to do something you don't like, but this is one positive point that may help to drive you on.

May Allaah help us all to please our parents and remember Allaah in all affairs, Aameen.

:w:

nafy
11-06-2005, 07:02 PM
thnx bro's........
ders sum real gud advice der..... :)
thnx 4 mekin me feel betta......i was PROPA stressed u know :(
inshallah i hope u all are rite....
may Allah swt keep u all happy 4eva...ameen
take care
w/salaamz

- Qatada -
11-06-2005, 07:05 PM
ameen to everyones dua's.. i just want to point out that this forums a family and all the muslim ummah is a family, so if you finding your work really hard - you could post up what you need help on and we could try to help you out with some of the work to relieve the stress.

i know that IT AS level can be really hard and i dropped it earlier this year because our teacher never explained to us how to do the work at all and expected us to do it without explaining proper.. it made me really annoyed and alhamdulillah my parents let me pick my choices so i dropped it and picked up business. i'm sure there are other brothers and sisters who may be doing the same course as you or maybe some brothers or sisters who go uni but did the course some time back.. either way we want to help you - so please dont be afraid to ask, you could start a post in the education section insha Allah.

we all should make dua' for you and all the brothers and sisters who need help - in this world and the akhirah. may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala make it easier for all the brothers and sisters in this life and the akhirah and may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala send peace and blessings upon his beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wasalam and his beloved family. ameen.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

DaSangarTalib
11-06-2005, 08:01 PM
All parents are like that, don't worry you will pass, just concentrate on your studies for now and keep your parents happy! :peace:

Allah will help you insha Allah :rose::rose::rose:

nafy
11-07-2005, 10:18 AM
thnx bro akhee......its nyc 2 know i got ppl hu are der 4 me..... :)
nah i dont wanna stress ovas bout my work lol :X
and thnx.........plz carry on makin dua 4 me....i seriously wanna pass!!

format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
because our teacher never explained to us how to do the work at all and expected us to do it without explaining proper.. .
yeh bro das how it is with me aswell!!!! :( das y am so confused....
and if ask 4 help........he goes...'research it on da net'.....das jus stupid :angry3:

oh and...
thnx 'badmash' bro.......i hope ur rite inshallah i wish 2 pass!!! :)

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Sis....wat would u LIKE to study?

Allah ma3ik

nafy
11-07-2005, 11:35 AM
i dunno really..............sumfi lyk business maybe...... :)
u know something dat dus involve ICT.......but for office based jobs......
not all da stuff bout building your own computer....and system configuration n all dat........my lil brain cant undastand all dat complicated stuff lol ;)

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafy_luvz_u
i dunno really..............sumfi lyk business maybe...... :)
u know something dat dus involve ICT.......but for office based jobs......
not all da stuff bout building your own computer....and system configuration n all dat........my lil brain cant undastand all dat complicated stuff lol ;)

:sl: Why dont u take busniness up then. Dont tell ur parents and so wen u sit ur exams and u pass (inshallah).....then they will see that u can achieve if u put ur heart into something that YOU enjoy.

I would do wat I enjoy most if I were in ur shoes sis. No offence to ur parents by the way.....but I think u ought to put ur foot down a little and tell them who is the one studying!!!

Allah ma3ik

nafy
11-07-2005, 11:45 AM
lol........i get u sis :) no worriz
but i ave already sed 2 dem dat im finding it extremely hard.....
but dey sed jus stik 2 it.........so now if i fail.....im gonna blame dem lolz ;)

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 11:47 AM
lol........i get u sis :) no worriz
but i ave already sed 2 dem dat im finding it extremely hard.....
but dey sed jus stik 2 it.........so now if i fail.....im gonna blame dem lolz ;)

:w: Sis....u dont wat to fail. THAT will make u feel even more depressed and stressed. I suggest u do a crash course on business and if u feel that its def. wat u want......go for it. Shove i.c.t in the bin!!!!

Protected_Diamond
11-07-2005, 11:48 AM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sis please don't get upset about this beacuse at the end of the day your parent's want what's best for YOU, not them but you. it's in thier job description to put pressure on you and to work hard. I know exactly what you are going through because my parents are the same, and i revise nearly every single day to make them happy, dad wants me to be a soilicitor insha Allah even though it's not appropiate for a muslim girl but what can we do?! If i talk to him about it he'll only disagree with me and shout at me so all you've got to do is put a brave face on and insha Allah Allah s.w.a will help you pass every exam whether it's worldy or for an islamic purpose ameen! :rose:

and don't forget to smile beacuse Allah s.w.a loves you and it's sunnat!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=Proud ukht;106663]asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

sis please don't get upset about this beacuse at the end of the day your parent's want what's best for YOU, not them but you.
:w: Sis....i so dont agree with this. If her parent knew wat was best for her....they wouldne be shoving her in the deep end. That is wat parents say to their kids. Its a load of rubbish if u ask me.
No one should be forced to study something they wish not to!!

Allah ma3akum

p.s: Sorry, I heat up on topics like this. No offenec to anyone.

nafy
11-07-2005, 11:54 AM
nah sis Ameeratul layl.........i cant change now i dont fink....im 2 far in2 da course......im jus gonna stik with it.......n jus pray i wont fail :(

thnx sis proud ukht........ur rite....at da end of da day ma parents want da best for me........but i jus feel lyk crap wen i cant undastand a word bout ma work!! :(
thnx 4 da duas...........inshallah u will beum successful aswell!! :)
take care
w/salaamz

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
nah sis Ameeratul layl.........i cant change now i dont fink....im 2 far in2 da course......im jus gonna stik with it.......n jus pray i wont fail :(

thnx sis proud ukht........ur rite....at da end of da day ma parents want da best for me........but i jus feel lyk crap wen i cant undastand a word bout ma work!! :(
thnx 4 da duas...........inshallah u will beum successful aswell!! :)
take care
w/salaamz

:w: Sorry sis. I think I got a bit tooooo serious. Yes, they do love you! InshAllah u will pass ith flying colours.

Allah ma3ik

nafy
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
its ok sis :) xxx
thnx 4 da dua........inshallah u am rite
i g2g college now........gr8..........not lol
take care
w/salaamz

Ameeratul Layl
11-07-2005, 12:12 PM
its ok sis :) xxx
thnx 4 da dua........inshallah u am rite
i g2g college now........gr8..........not lol
take care
w/salaamz

:sl: Wuv u sis. Take care....Allah wuvs u very much!!!:rose: :rose:

nafy
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
awwww lol i ummmm.......'wuv' u 2 hehehe lolz ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.