/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Note taking and Presentation

m_2005
11-07-2005, 01:45 PM
:sl:

Any tips on how I could make my notes neat, and readable, cos right now, my notes are crazy, all over the place, not even I can read them, let alone revise from them, if my scanner was working I'd show you how crazy they are.......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, just make sure to keep everything organized..and if you want to take notes write with different colored markers so it wouldn't be so dull.

1) skip lines

2) have a good handwriting

3) underline key words

4) highlight words

5) write big enough so you can see

6) label your sections

Presentation

1) speak clearly

2) look people in the eyes

3) speak loudly

4) keep a good posture

5) smile

6) be enthusiastic while speaking

7) introduce the purpose of your presentation

InshAllah......

Rabi'ya
11-07-2005, 04:04 PM
:sl:

some good advice there sister Halima, cudnt have put it better myself

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

ifi
11-16-2005, 07:01 PM
salaams

When u hav spare time try writing ur notes out again

I dont mean write them all out in one night just write a page out a day or somethin u cant hav don that much work this year so far. It mite help u learn it again....... i dunno i am not that experienced with notes but it mite help? sorry

salaams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ra`eesah
11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Just going to add on....

Use a standard size notebook. A looseleaf three-ring binder is the best because it allows you to insert handouts and rearrange your own notes.

Sit near the front and center of the class. You will have the most direct communication with your teacher, and you will less likely be distracted.

Put a heading and a date on your notes for each day.

Reinforcement of the information through review of your notes completes the learning process.

Learn to identify main points and not get bogged down in detail. Teachers often give cues to what's important by repeating information, changing their voices or rate of delivery, listing items in order of importance, and, of course, by writing on the chalkboard.

REVIEW notes at home or in during break / after class no longer than 48 hours after class.

REWRITE skimpy parts.

FILL in blanks/gaps by referring to the text, checking your notes with a classmate, or seeing the teacher during his or her office hours. (or after class)

FORMULATE questions for the teacher

RECOPY sloppy notes and think about what you’re writing

Also USE abbreviations to help you write faster. For example, write “w/” instead of the word “with.”

Z
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Peace.

Just do what I do. Mock your presentations at home. Get your little brother when he's playing out and make him listen. Repeat the process a few times. Then just sit back and try recall parts of it when your not doing anything.

When it comes to the actual presentation, just go empty handed. You'll find that using note cards and cue cards slow it down. The real way to do a presentation is to go up there and talk.

It works for me. Maybe 'cos I'm good at talking my stuff, and can memorise things quite easily.

Oh, and use bullet points, not sentences.

Don't forget to use your hands during the presenation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.