/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~Killed By Allah’s Sword Of Love~

DaSangarTalib
11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Hadhrat Maalik Bin Dinaar (rahmatullahi alayh) narrates:

“On my way to Hajj, I met a man who was proceeding on foot to Baitullah. He was walking delightfully, all in eager. He had neither food not water nor any provisions whatsoever for the road. I made salaam to him. After he responded, I said: ‘O young man! From where are you coming?’”

Young man: “I come from Him.”

Maalik: “Where are you going?”

Young man: “To Him.”

Maalik: “Where are your provisions for the journey?”

Young man: “It is His responsibility.”

Maalik: “How can you traverse a journey without food and water?”

Young man: “Yes! When I set out from home, I had five huroof (letters) for provisions.”

Maalik: “Which letters?”

Maalik: “What are their meanings?”

Young man: “Kaaf means Kaafi (i.e. He Who is Sufficient). Haa means Haadi (i.e. The Guide). Yaa means The One Who gives Refuge or place. Ain means Aalim (The Knower). Swaad means Saadiq (The Truthful One). The man whose companion is self sufficient, the guide, the giver of a place, the knower and the truthful, will not be destroyed. He has no fear and he is not in need of provisions.”

Hadhrat Maalik Bin Dinaar offered his kurta to the young man. Refusing, he said: “O Sheikh! It is better to be without a kurta of the world. There will be a reckoning demanded (on the Day of Qiyaamah) for halaal things and punishment for haraam things.”
When all the people donned Ihraam and proclaimed “Labbaik”! I said: “Don’t you say Labbaik?”

The young man said: “O Sheikh! I fear to say Labbaik! Perhaps the Divine Response will be Laa Labbaik! Wa Laa Sa`daika! (Your presence is not accepted.)”
So saying, he left.

Hadhrat Maalik Bin Dinaar says: “Then I saw him again in Minaa. He was proclaiming; ‘My Friend is He who loves that I be killed. For him my blood is lawful in the Haram. O you who criticize! Don’t criticize me for His Love, for if you should see His excellence and beauty which I am seeing, you will never be saved (from death). Like me, you too will sacrifice your life at the altar of His Love. People have sacrificed animals on the Day of Eid, while my Friend has sacrificed my life.

O Allah! People have gained Your Proximity by sacrificing animals. Besides my life I have nothing to sacrifice. I offer this life to You. You accept it.”
He then emitted a loud, chilling shriek and fell down dead. A voice proclaimed:
“He is the friend of Allah. He has been killed by Allah. He has been killed by the Sword of Allah.”

Maalik Bin Dinaar (rahmatullahi alayh) performed his burial. That night Hadhrat Maalik slept in great agitation and restlessness. In a dream he saw the young man and enquired about his condition. The young man said: “Allah Ta`ala treated me like the Shuhadaa of Badr. Infact, he gave me more.”
Maalik asked in his dream: “Why did He give you more?”
Young man: “The Shuhadaa of Badr were killed by the swords of the kuffaar, whereas I was killed by the Sword of Allah’s Love.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
:sl:

Mashallah! Mashallah!

Taalib-e-'Ilm
11-07-2005, 09:21 PM

subhanallah!!! Maalik bin Dinaar, such a great wali he was... :brother:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-23-2006, 10:41 PM

sub7anAllah what a beautiful story any more? :)

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.