/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Parda, The Veil ~

DaSangarTalib
11-07-2005, 09:32 PM
In Islam there is no difference between men and women in regards to their relationship to Allah; they are both promised the same reward for good, or punishment for evil conduct.

· "And their Lord has answered their prayer: I waste not the work of any worker amongst you, male or female." (Al-Qur'an, Al-i Imran, 3:195)

Modesty is a vertue that Islam demands not only from women, but also from men.
· "Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty... And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty." (Al-Qur'an, al-Nur, 24:30 and 31)

However, it is on account of the differences between men and women in nature, temperament and social life, that a greater amount of veiling is required for women than men, (especially) in the matter of dress.
· "O Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam)! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (jalabib) close to themselves..." (Al-Qur'an, al-Ahzab, 33:59)

"...to the believing women... cast their veils over their bosoms, and not reveal their adornment, except to their husbands..."(Al-Qur'an, al-Nur, 24:31)

The following Ahadith of our beloved Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam provide further clarification:

1) Asma, the sister of A'isha radiyallahu `anha and daughter of Hadrat Abu Bakr as-Siddiq radiyallahu `anhu, came before the Holy Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam in a thin dress that showed her body. The Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam turned his eyes away and said,

"O Asma! When a women reaches puberty, it is not lawful that any part of her body can be seen, except this and this" and he pointed to his face and the palms of his hands.

2) Hafsah, daughter of `Abdur-Rahman, once came before A'isha radiyallahu `anha wearing a thin shawl over her head and shoulders. A'isha tore it up and put a thick shawl over her.

3) "Allah curses those women who wear clothes and yet still remain naked!"
Therefore, it is explicitly clear that the dress of Muslim women must cover the whole body, in such a way that the curves of the body are not revealed, except the face and hands. Our beloved Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam described the type of women who will be dwellers of Hell as follows:
"Those women who seem naked even when dressed, those who walk flirtingly, and those who plait their heads like humps of camels, thus inviting peoples attention, will not enter paradise nor will they smell its fragrance..."

The unchaste lewd women are of two types:

1) Those who openly sell their bodies.

2) Those who prostitute their charms i.e. they allow onlookers to witness and praise their physical beauty for their satanic ego satisfaction.

Men derive mental pleasure from watching semi-nude women, or women wearing skin-tight shalwar-kameez or dresses, with glowing hairstyles and expensive makeup. Although these women do not want to be assulted, their very sight thrills men and stirs hidden passions which may lead to emotional unbalance, causing moral depravity and crime. Let Muslim women heed to the Prophet's warning:
"Allah curses the one who looks (with lust) and who is looked upon."
The Muslim woman is either heedless or unaware of the great harm she is doing by her anti-Islamic behaviour, by dragging others to the pits of evil. To every Muslim woman out there wearing an anti-Islamic dress, do you realise that the last man who stared lustfully at your revealing body in the street may go and rape another woman - or at least miss his next prayer, as his mind becomes obsessed with satanic notions!

Let us remind our sisters that in this so called 'democratic free world' we are treated as sex objects and not as equals by men. The liberation of the modern woman is a myth (this will insha-Allah, be discussed in a future article). In Islam, we women have been given a noble status and our role in life is as important, if not more so in many aspects e.g. family life, as that of men. If the use of the hijab still seems a big step for some sisters, may be some of us can at least ensure our dress is not immodest so that we may gradually return to true Islamic values.

I will leave you with the following frightening warnings of Allah and His Messenger sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam.
"Zina (fornication) of the ears is to listen (to immodest songs or speech, and illicit 'sex talk' of cinema and television).
Zina of the tongue is to speak evil (which includes seducing others into evil)...." (Muslim)
The Zina commited by the limbs e.g. eyes, ears, hands, feet, heart and sexual organs will be disclosed on the Day of Judgement, in the presence of your father, mother, children, friends and all mankind.
· "This day we seal up mouths, and hands speak out and feet bear witness to what they used to earn." (36:65)

SOURCE-THE REVIVAL MAGAZINE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
11-07-2005, 09:38 PM
mashaaah bro..nice post:)..i want to give u some reps but i need to spread some around before i can give them to u again..:)..remind me the next time to give them to u:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.