/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quranic Index - Question

azim
11-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Asalumu alaykum.

This may be a question for the more learned brothers/sisters among us.

Has anyone here heard of the scholar Faud Abd al Baqi, he wrote a book called Al- Moojam al Mofahris, which is basically is an index of every arabic word in the Quran.

If anyone could give me more information on this I would be very grateful (as well making dua and giving reps :D).

Salam. Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
11-08-2005, 09:41 AM
:sl:

im confused....has he basically listed every word used in the Quraan?!

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Danish
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
^ how is that useful wak? i mean isn't a search engine easier?

azim
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk

wat more info do u want ? :?

btw i have both the first n second edition of tht book :)
first edition @ home n second here @ office, use it more often nowadays :)
Salam. Can I purchase it online?

The reason I ask is linked into a topic I posted earlier about the balance between certain words in the Quran (i.e. Adam and Jesus mentioned 7 times, Quran say their 'likeness' is the same / women mentioned 23 times, men mentioned 23 times etc...). I would like a way to confirm and proove this and I heard it was originally discovered from the work of Faud Abd al Baqi, any help appreciated. Jazakhallah khairal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mu'maneen
11-09-2005, 12:29 PM

http://www.fadakbooks.com/alallialal1.html

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

azim
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen
Jazakhallah for the link, inshallah its the next purchase I make. No chance it has some sort of English translation is there however?

Salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.