/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Ten Things We Waste ~

WomanOfJihad
01-13-2005, 10:47 PM
1. --Our Knowledge-- Wasted by not taking action with it.

2. --Our Actions-- Wasted by committing them with out sincerity.

3. --Our Wealth-- Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr. We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah.

4. --Our Hearts-- Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.

5. --Our Bodies-- Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah and service of Allah

6. --Our Love-- Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. --Our Time-- Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds

8. --Our Intellect-- Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detremental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. --Our Service-- Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa

10. --Our Dhikr-- Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
01-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Mashallah :)

Uma Rayanah
01-14-2005, 07:45 PM
:sl:

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Subhaan Allah Ture said...

May Allah lead ur all 2 da right path Ameen,,,

Jazaaki Allahu Khirah dear sister,,,

aamirsaab
01-17-2005, 02:19 PM
excellent point womenofjihad

another thing we waste would be our lives
if not waste it then we are not fully appreciating it cus there ae people in the world dying for all sorts of reasons (i.e. palestine/isreal conflict where people are getting killed left right and centre - civilians no less)
i try to appreciate everything i have
my house, my intelligence,my body, my soul... everything

its a shame we as humans waste so much.
it is also a shame that we do not appreciate the things we take for granted. just think about the stuff that you have in your house. and then think of those who have nuthing - no parents, no family. it is such a shame to see people waste their life. mashalla allah has blest many of us with a chance at good education. unfortunately there are people in this world that do not have as high a level of education as those given in places such as: america, britain etc.

i dislike those who waste their school life - it just shows how unnapreciative they are. and that they dont know how lucky they are.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Genius
01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
I hate it when people waste food, especially when you're paying for it.

WomanOfJihad
01-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Not forgetting Our TONGUE .... thats Wasted as well.. we use our Tongues is unecessary talks, such as gheebah , swearing , cursin , n talkin abt other wrdly stuff which affects our imaan .. infact we should use our tongues mostly in doing dhikr .or saying such stuff which would benefit others and not cause harmss.. it is said SPEAK GOOD OR REMAIN SILENT

Sheikh Haroon
01-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Ameen

WomanOfJihad
01-29-2005, 01:56 PM
we also waste the blessed month of ramadan, we should grab as much taqwa as possible in this great month! When this month comes, people become islamic for 4 weeks, you see the mosques full, brothers who did not before ramadan have beards, decide to grow them. But when this month passes, the beads go, the mosques are emptied, the islamic atmosphere is gone. So this month is wasted!
SubhanAlah .. Very SAD INDEED ..

Uthman
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Yes, very sad. :(

Sahabiyaat
05-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Ten Things We Waste

1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it

2. Our Actions: Wasted by committing them without sincerity.

3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah (hereafter).

4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone
else.

5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah.

6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.

8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa.

10. Our Dhikr (Remembrence of Allah): Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

MetSudaisTwice
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
jazakallah sis may we all learn from this inshallah

Tazkiyahtulnafs
05-09-2005, 03:36 PM
MASHA'ALLAH
jazaka Allahu khair for that wonderful reminder

Uthman
05-09-2005, 05:41 PM

Jazak'Allahu Khayran for that short yet effective reminder. It is very true indeed. :)

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-09-2005, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Jazak'Allahu Khayran for that short yet effective reminder. It is very true indeed. :)

I cant put it better myself :) Jazakallah Khair:)

~fUrRrI~
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
jhazakhullah sis!!! is a very goood reminder

Sahabiyaat
05-10-2005, 07:39 AM
and now moment of truth

which ones do u waste most huh huh huh ?? :D
c'mon.....

Uthman
05-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Do we have to be shown up? :mad: I will comply.

Body and time for me :-[:-[:-[ May Allah help us to use our time wisely and engage in worship which will benefit us in the next life. Put more in, get more out . . . . ;)

Sahabiyaat
05-11-2005, 07:53 AM
me ;
my knowledge, my body and my time. :(
May All (swt) help me to improve ( hence muslimahimprovin' [ missed out the 'g' by accident] but hu cares man).

and the rest of u :mad:

Usayd
05-11-2005, 04:50 PM
i've been getting alot of that in my email recently! ;)
heres another one:

"You should not neglect your time, nor use it haphazardly; on the contrary you should bring yourself to account , structure your litanies and other practices during each day and night, assign to each period a fixed and specific function. This is how to bring about the spiritual blessing (baraka) in each period. But if you leave yourself adrift, aimlessly wandering as cattle do, not knowing how to occupy yourself at every moment, your time will be lost. It is nothing other than your life, and your life is the capital that you make use of to reach perpetual felicity in the proximity of God the Exalted. Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, since each of them is irreplaceable and once gone, can never be retrieved. Do not be like the deceived fools who are joyous because each day their wealth increases while their life grows ever shorter? Therefore be joyous only for an increase in knowledge or in good works, for they are your two companions who will accompany you in your grave when your family, wealth, children and friends stay behind."

~ Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazali, Bidayat ul-Hidaya ~

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 04:06 AM

Look at this:

Ten Things We Waste

1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it.

3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah (hereafter).

4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone
else.

5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah.

6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.

8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa.

10. Our Dhikr (Remembrence of Allah): Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

based on a lesson of Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

A7med
06-09-2005, 06:15 AM
100% right bro :'( :'( :'(

أحمد
06-09-2005, 01:20 PM

:) Sub-haan-Allah . . . :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( :omg:

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 01:26 PM
May Allah help us become better muslims so that we may not waste those things - Ameen

أحمد
06-09-2005, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
May Allah help us become better muslims so that we may not waste those things - Ameen

:) Ameen . . .

A7med
06-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Ameen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z
06-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Subhan Allah! A very good post brother.

MetSudaisTwice
06-09-2005, 04:52 PM
salam
mashallah a very good post
jazakllah for sharing

~fUrRrI~
06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
subhan'Allah

jhazakhullah bro
and Ameen to the dua!!

Far7an
06-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Threads merged (3 threads) :)

Shadow
09-18-2005, 02:52 AM
i agree with brother Hashim tht the biggest thing we waste is our lives, all our lives ppl have big ambitions to be famous amongst other ppl and to be known by the ppl of this world and to be praised and respected in this world but its all no use at all except those who strive in the way of Allah, im not saying tht we shud all just stop our life and go to the way of Allah wht i am saying is that we spend too much time with worldly dreams and ambitions tht we end up forgetting the main goal for all human beings and its a sad thing when we forget because even if u belev or dont belev in the here after, it doesnt change the fact tht there will be a here after and everyone will be judged and i feel bad for all those who have been led astray by shaitan
may Allah protect us from the hell fire

:'(

Halima
09-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Brother, that's very true indeed. Alot of people forget the main purpose for being in this world. They favor the luxiourious things in this world to an extreme which makes them appear to be materalistic. As for me, I'm a humble as I can be. I don't have to live a rich life, all I want is to live a simple enough life that wouldn't interfere with me education or my religion for that matter. Not all people think that deep when it comes to over looking that materialistic things in life that we try to pursue when it really doesn't matter in the afterworld. Alhamdulilah some poeple are blessed with a rich life other people are not which which is a good thing because nothing will always be permanent and Allah (swt) will change something for the better.

Khayal
09-18-2005, 04:00 AM

excellent point, jazak ALLAH khair...:rose:

nafy
10-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Ten Things We Waste
(Br. Mukhtar, based on a lesson of Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah)

1. --Our Knowledge-- Wasted by not taking action with it.
2. --Our Actions-- Wasted by committing them with out sincerity.
3. --Our Wealth-- Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr. We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah.
4. --Our Hearts-- Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.
5. --Our Bodies-- Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah and service of Allah
6. --Our Love-- Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.
7. --Our Time-- Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds
8. --Our Intellect-- Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detremental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.
9. --Our Service-- Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa
10. --Our Dhikr-- Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

Ameeratul Layl
10-24-2005, 12:10 PM

JazakAllah sis for yet another lovely article. This one point really made me think:

It really makes you think how it is that we all want to become either: docs, nurses, i.t boffs and so on. Yet never think twice about what Allah would really wants from us: pray on time, dont backbite and so on.

May Allah enhance our knowledge to benefit us in this life and the HEreafter. Ameen!

Allah ma3akum

nafy
10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Ameen :)

nafy
10-24-2005, 12:22 PM
oopz............sorry mods.........didnt know it was an already existing thread

razzzy101
10-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Very good Mashaalah!

DaSangarTalib
11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
1. Our Knowledge ->>>>> Wasted by not taking action with it.

2. Our Actions - >>>>>>>Wasted by committing them without sincerity.

3. Our Wealth - >>>>>>>>Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah(hereafter).

4. Our Hearts - >>>>>>>>>Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.

5. Our Bodies ->>>>>>>>>> Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah

6. Our Love - >>>>>>>>>>>>Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. Our Time ->>>>>>>>>>>> Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds

8. Our Intellect - >>>>>>>>>>Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detremental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Our Service - >>>>>>>>>>>>Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa

10. Our Dhikr (Remembrence of Allah) - >>>>>>> Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

MetSudaisTwice
11-08-2005, 01:35 PM
salam
mashallah great post
jazakallah
wasalam

Sanobar
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM
salam!
mashAllah bro.....jazakAllahf ro sharing it with us,...... esp the 4th one.....its soo true......:)
ma'salamah

habib
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Masha Allah nice post.

jazakallah

~Raindrop~
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
:sl: your post was absolutely true. may Allah keep you on the path. make dua 4 us sinful souls please:w:

Protected_Diamond
11-09-2005, 04:56 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

jazahka Allah khair bro!! :statisfie

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 05:18 PM

JAZALLAH may ALLAH guide us all to the right path

Ameen

isk
02-15-2006, 07:49 PM

Ten Things We Waste

BY Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

1. Knowledge: Wasted when not taking action with it.

2. Actions: Wasted when we do anything without sincerity. Intentions count.

3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no benefit in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).

4. Hearts: Wasted when empty from the love of Allah, and the longing for Him/Her, and devoid of peace and contentment.

5. Bodies: Wasted when we don't use them in ibâdah (worship) and service of Allah in serving humankind.

6. Love: Wasted when our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. Time: Wasted when not used properly, by not doing what is righteous.

8. Intellect: Wasted on things that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Service: Wasted when in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah.

10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not effect our hearts

arehat
03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Ten Things We Waste

1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it ..... more

else.

sapphire
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
jazakallah for tht ! so true !

MetSudaisTwice
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
salam
always good to read it again
jazakallah for posting
wasalam

sadik
03-30-2006, 02:12 PM

else.

amirah_87
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
:sl: i agree with you akheee , nice notes !!!!!!!!!:happy: :) :) :happy:

babagrr
05-22-2006, 05:25 PM

3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no benefit
in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).

4. Hearts: Wasted when empty from the love of Allah, and the longing for Him/Her, and devoid of peace and contentment.

5. Bodies: Wasted when we don't use them in ibâdah (worship) and service of Allah in serving humankind.

6. Love: Wasted when our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

8. Intellect: Wasted on things that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Service: Wasted when in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah.

10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not effect our hearts.

Source: = text file on my pc named Ten Things We Waste - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah.brf

Mawaddah
05-22-2006, 05:29 PM
These were already posted before, I remember reading it
But alhamdulillah you posted it again as I didn't get to save it the first time
Jazakallah Khair!!

glo
05-22-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babagrr

3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no benefit
in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).

10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not effect our hearts.

Source: = text file on my pc named Ten Things We Waste - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah.brf

Good post! :)

Peace.

romina
05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
it was so yseful
thanks

Kittygyal
05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
salam.
ta for the share bro :)really appreciated ''RESPECT''
w.salam

x Maz x
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
'Amr bin Maymun al-Awdi reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
Take advantage of five things before five others occur: your youth before you grow old; your health before you become sick; your wealth before you become poor; your leisure before you become busy; and your life before you die. [Related by At-Tirmidhi]

MashAllah great post JazakAllah Khair WalaykumAsalaam x

Muslim Soldier
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
thanks for the share

babagrr
05-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Assallaamu alaykum

I am glad that it benefitted some of you.
And I apologize if it was posted before.
I believe one can get a warning for that but, I really didn't know that it was posted already.

Shukran
Sallaams and peace

syilla
05-23-2006, 07:39 AM
thank you

Woodrow
05-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Shukran, this was my first time to see it.

babagrr
05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Assallaamu alaykum
And peace

To syilla:
It's only a pleasure.
Glad you liked it.

and Brother Woodrow:
Glad you enjoyed it as well.
Tell me, how old is little one going to be?

Safeena
05-30-2006, 01:28 PM

else.

Kittygyal
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
salam.
ta for sharing sis me like your posts :)
w.salam

afriend2
05-30-2006, 01:46 PM
salaam,

jazakAllah for the very informative post.
very true....unfortunately.

wassalam :peace:

Al_Imaan
02-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Ten Things We Waste

else.

From Br. Mukhtar, based on a lesson of Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

jzcasejz
02-10-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL It Had Been Posted Alot Of Time...
JZK Anywayz Though...But Heres A Generous Tip..You Can Try Copy A Portion Of The Article...And Then Search For It...

I Done Dat..N Look What I Gotz :p
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...them+in+ibadah
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...them+in+ibadah

Derz Plenty More You Can Find...

shible
03-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Ten Things We Waste

else.

From Br. Mukhtar, based on a lesson of Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

SnOwY
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
salamualikum
am sure this has been posted before allah hu alim.
but true manmy of us do waste these, remember this life is NOT enternal therefore act upon everything make use of this life!
ma'assalama

shible
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
If it has been already posted then i would be soon seeing a private message

Stating

Either the thread is moved or merged or both Insha Allah

IbnAbdulHakim
03-11-2007, 05:23 PM
guilty imsad

Maimunah
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
jazakaAllah khayr for the reminder brother.

allah-akbar
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Thanks for great post, it is a big reminder...:(

Helena
06-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Based on a lesson by ibn Qayyim, RA

PLEASE WATCH INSHaLLAH...

Okay perhaps u've realised i am getting carried away posting beneficial links....:rollseyes ......SubanAllah theres soo many out there....:D

Media Tags are no longer supported

:w: :D

vpb
06-11-2007, 10:31 AM

very true :(

may Allah guide us to the true path and let us no deviate from the truth. Ameen

jazakallah khair for sharing the video.

Helena
06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Ameen.....

we still have time ( we may think we have time,time is running)....surely we can change and come closer to our deen inshAlAh...:) ...........

iwuvaziaf
06-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Jazakallah sis.. inshaAllah! keep posting.. the more u post, the more we see everything from different angles.. gives a chance to reflect..

Ya Allah guide us.. guide us.. through our brothers and sisters..

wsalam...

taimur_9000
06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
:sl: Thank you.... for nice post

mohammed farah
07-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no benefit in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).

4. Hearts: Wasted when empty from the love of Allah, and the longing for Him/Her/it, and devoid of peace and contentment.

10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not affect our hearts.

abu-abderrahman
07-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Ten Things We Waste

else.

Lessons from Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.