/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the pros and cons of......

Lonely_Boy
11-08-2005, 03:05 PM
:sl:

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
LIKES AND DISLIKES

Well brothers and sisters just write your opinion about advantages and disadvantages and as well as likes and dislikes about living in Muslim and Non Muslim Country.......and U can also write about that what do u want in your country as being a Muslim....

REMEMBER IN PRAYERS

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 01:31 PM

Well i think u people are waiting for me to start first so here i go......

hm what i like about living in muslim country that at the time of Prayer I just need 5 minutes to reach in Masjid by walk from home ........and I am somewhere else to mamixmum 10 minute not more than that .......so i can pray with TAKBEER-E-ULA

Remember in prayers

Protected_Diamond
11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

pro's and cons when living in an islamic country (subhanalaah)

!) Insha Allah, you'll be able to practise Islam without any difficulties
2) Your life will be full of belssing's of Allah s.w.a
3) You will be in good company as there will be loads of pious islamic poeple :statisfie
4) Your children will benifit from islamic education insha Allah

I can't think of any disadvantages, lol i don't think there is any mahsa Allah :-\

Pro's and cons when living in a kafir country

1) It will be extremely hard to practise Islam,a nd unfortnately some people won't practise Islam beacuse of the hardships
2) You will have to take in all the racist comments such as 'ninja' for the sisters :ooh: mind you i see that as a good complimemnt because ninja's are meant to be hard lol
3) You will eb easily distracted by doing random wordley stuff
4) Your non muslim mates might pressurise you..etc
5) I can only think of one advantage and that is you might influence the non-muslim community to revert to Islam Insha Allah

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Very good point sister proud ukht

i beileve that the only reason we as musilms should live in a kaffir country is to spread the word of Islam. This obviously is a great advantage for anyone who brings another to the way of Islam.

There are numerous disadvantages - too many to list.

I wish i lived in an Islamic country

Rabi'ya:rose:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Well Sisters I agree with both of you and I would like to share some of my knowledge that some of Famouse Pakistani Scholars allowed living in non-muslim country only for three(3) reason

1) if person born there
2) for the purpose of dawah
and 3rd one i forget and i will find out INSHALLAH and tell you soon
till then keep posting and Remember IN Prayers

JAZAKALLAH

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Boy

Well Sisters I agree with both of you and I would like to share some of my knowledge that some of Famouse Pakistani Scholars allowed living in non-muslim country only for three(3) reason

1) if person born there

JAZAKALLAH

Brother you seem very knowledgable - How much have you studied, I mean are you taking Alim course or something? i have noticed a lot of your posts are filled with knowledge, mashAllah

May Allah bless you .....ameen

Vedad
11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu!

1) if person born there
can u give me evidence cause i personally cant believe that being a valid reason wa allahu alem

modez
11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
The pro's in living in a muslim country;
1. Prayers, becomes a way of life "totally".
2. Peace harmony, (feeling chilled).
3. Brotherly love from all.
4. Nearer to Allah (SWT)

and i personally love the dress sense, long bisht, white jabba's, qasida's (as we see in saudi).

Not a very good idea wearing the above dress (for brothers) in a western country. (Evil glares, left, right and center.) Probably bad looks from our own fellow muslims and not to mention, unnecessary gossip. U know what i mean.:heated:

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
and i personally love the dress sense, long bisht, white jabba's, qasida's (as we see in saudi).

:sl: Niqab for sisters. Wahoooooooooooo

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Niqab!!!! wooooo

gotta agree with u sis

Z
11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Peace.

Benefits! We get lots of them in the UK which is an advantage of living here. Add that to the list.

Umm Yoosuf
11-09-2005, 05:25 PM

1) if person born there

JAZAKALLAH

The sister circle i got to. She streesed on the importance of making Hijrah to a Muslim country. She told use 4 reasons a Muslim is allowed to say in a Non-Muslim country:
1) Medical reason
2)Dawah
3)Educational reasons
4) Allahu 'alam i forgot

Correct me if i am wrong.

Lonely_Boy
format_quote Originally Posted by Vedad

can u give me evidence cause i personally cant believe that being a valid reason wa allahu alem

it will take some time but INSHALLAH I will ... actually i don't remember exactly so may be there is a mistake but INSHALLAH i will find out soon

Rabi'ya
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Peace.

Benefits! We get lots of them in the UK which is an advantage of living here. Add that to the list.
Islamicly that is not a good reason...sorry to say lol

I think br. lonely_boy was referring to islamic reasons.

Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I think br. lonely_boy was referring to islamic reasons.

So true Sister I am referring to islamic purpose

Muezzin
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
It was good enough for Bakri!

minaz
11-09-2005, 05:33 PM
lol^ yeh I love living in the middle of England, wouldn't want it any other way, I'm gonna reserve my grave spot soon :p

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
lol^ yeh I love living in the middle of England, wouldn't want it any other way, I'm gonna reserve my grave spot soon :p

:sl: Wen u planning on...u know....*plays dead*

Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vedad

May This will help u brother check this out

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547924
and this

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=6964

Halima
11-09-2005, 05:48 PM

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
LIKES AND DISLIKES

Well brothers and sisters just write your opinion about advantages and disadvantages and as well as likes and dislikes about living in Muslim and Non Muslim Country.......and U can also write about that what do u want in your country as being a Muslim....

REMEMBER IN PRAYERS

1) In a non-muslim country, one free-mixes alot. Men and Women progressively free-mix as if Islam does not even exist

2) The women dress trashy

3) you get suspicious just for wearing the simple islamic attire

4) you don't get treated the same

5) some restrictions are as follows

6) Not much social life since being a muslim is considered as an outcast

7) Cannot always get the authentic teachings of what is available in some countries.

Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 05:49 PM

Well if there is any advantages then write them too

Halima
11-09-2005, 05:57 PM

Well if there is any advantages then write them too

erm..not much becuase you can get the same things here in america just like any other country :hmm:

1) good education..we get that anywhere

2) women can attain higher degrees

3) women can drive

4) women are permitted to work for a living

5) permissable to be the bread-winners

6) can be independent for a change

7) expand one's knowledge pertaining to the varied religions

8) freedom of religion/speech/bear of arms

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Halima;108352]erm..not much becuase you can get the same things here in america just like any other country :hmm:

3) women can drive....NOT IN SAUDI.LOL.IN RIYADH-YES!!

6) can be independent for a change...SAUDI WOMEN USUALLY RELY ON HUBBIES.LOL. WHICH IS SWEET!!!

Desai
11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
If we wish to live peacefully and have an opportunity to present Islam to the west, we will need to manifest the sterling qualities, not just inside the mosques, but also outside in the streets, in the markets, in our daily activities, and at home. A life of Taqwah will immediately attract non muslims towards Islam.

We must earn our place in this country. We should leave an imprint on the west of our usefulness. We must demonstrate our existence here is more beneficial than that of the kaafir. We should demonstrate how noble and principled we are, and that there cannot be found more upright humans elsewhere besides us. We need to establish our worth, that we are a blessing and mercy for "this" country.

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
3) women can drive....NOT IN SAUDI.LOL.IN RIYADH-YES!!

Women cannot drive in Afghanistan and that's a shariah country to the fullest.

6) can be independent for a change...SAUDI WOMEN USUALLY RELY ON HUBBIES.LOL. WHICH IS SWEET!!!
Some women would rather do it for their hubbies so their husbands would not work so hard. Now that is what I consider sweet.

- Qatada -
11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
erm..not much becuase you can get the same things here in america just like any other country :hmm:

1) good education..we get that anywhere

2) women can attain higher degrees

3) women can drive

4) women are permitted to work for a living

5) permissable to be the bread-winners

6) can be independent for a change

7) expand one's knowledge pertaining to the varied religions

8) freedom of religion/speech/bear of arms

:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

1. allowed in islam

2. again allowed in islam

3. is allowed too ( but with mahrams for her own safety)

4. her husband can do that for her..

5. (can work and get money and still has the right to keep it all to herself.)

6. lol dont women like a man working for em?

7. its allowed in islam but its more important to get a really deep/firm belief in islam first.

8. in islam, freedom of religion is allowed but the muslims protect the country so the non muslims pay a tax called the jizya tax.

the points you mentioned are allowed.. its just that not all countries follow the islamic teachings 100% and the society of today is like the time of the jahiliyiah (the times before islam came into power.)

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee

6. lol dont women like a man working for em?
lol..yes indeed they do but out of consideration some women may want to help a man to relief some of the burden from his chest. Is this not permitted in Islam? In other words to financially assist one's husband to eventually become stable?

- Qatada -
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
lol..yes indeed they do but out of consideration some women may want to help a man to relief some of the burden from his chest. Is this not permitted in Islam? In other words to financially assist one's husband to eventually become stable?
yeah i think its permissible.. like our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wasalam's wife Khadija (r.a) owned a business and they worked together, even though at the beginning Khadija (r.a) was running the business by herself.

it should be permissible insha Allaah, its just that the sister has to work in a non fitnah (non temptation) environment and even if the wife earns any income, she can keep it to herself whereas its the husbands responsibility to support the family, even if the wife does earn more...

Allaah u a'lam (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:16 PM

I forgot to mention one other thing......

People have the ability to spread Islam or by making it known in a non-msulim country. They can do this much faster.

Lonely_Boy
11-09-2005, 06:20 PM

What i think the most difficult thing is to safe ur eyes from watching na-mahram even it difficult in muslim country .........so how much difficult in non muslim countries like U.S and U.K etc

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 06:21 PM

What i think the most difficult thing is to safe ur eyes from watching na-mahram even it difficult in muslim country .........so how much difficult in non muslim countries like U.S and U.K etc

:sl: Its not that difficult actually. Well, i dont find it that difficult.:uhwhat

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
yeah i think its permissible.. like our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wasalam's wife Khadija (r.a) owned a business and they worked together, even though at the beginning Khadija (r.a) was running the business by herself.

it should be permissible insha Allaah, its just that the sister has to work in a non fitnah (non temptation) environment and even if the wife earns any income, she can keep it to herself whereas its the husbands responsibility to support the family, even if the wife does earn more...

Allaah u a'lam (Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

That's why the hijab and niquab are used as protection from that kind of environment even if the worst case scenario is that we have no other choice but to work in a temptation environment. I feel that in every envirnoment there is temptation and we as human beings cannot stop that the only thing is to control it. So even if we women were to wear hijab, it will protect us from the evils that occur throughout.

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 06:23 PM
That's why the hijab and niquab are used as protection from that kind of environment even if the worst case scenario is that we have no other choice but to work in a temptation environment. I feel that in every envirnoment there is temptation and we as human beings cannot stop that the only thing is to control it. So even if we women were to wear hijab, it will protect us from the evils that occur throughout.

Totally agree sis.:loving:

Allah ma3ik

zaheer
11-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes, but there are many who dont understand

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaheer
Yes, but there are many who dont understand

Do they need help in understanding it better or what? Cause if they don't understand I can elaborate more to explain my points.

- Qatada -
11-09-2005, 06:38 PM

yeh, like sister halima said. the hijab and niqab do protect people from fitnah (temptations) to a certain extent.. but there are some people who transgress the limits. like (plz dont drag this part on later in the thread) - but nearly everything about a woman can attract a man, this can involve how she is dressed, her looks, the way she walks, her talk etc. the list goes on.

the easiest way is to avoid all that and not get involved in the first place, there have been situations where a muslimah changed from being a niqabi to a sister without a headscarf etc. this was because she thought she was the odd one out from the rest of the crowd, because she worked in a kafir orientated work place. most people dont even imagine themselves getting involved in situations like these, but shaytan gradually lures a person away from the islamic principles.

the best way is to work in workplace where the muslimahs are deep into islam and they dont have a big chance of being lead astray; this would involve no men within the work place, no haraam talks, acts etc. because this would distract a person from islam and cause fitnah (temptations) which could lead them astray from islam... to be honest i dont even think there is such a place. Allaah u a'lim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.