/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SOme help :)

CarrieValandez
11-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi, didn't know which section to place this, but it will do I guess :happy1:

The guy I share a house with seems very anti-islam. When he gets on this pc, he goes on to many forums and (usually getting banned and warned) tries to
challenge that Islam is a prozelytising religion; that all muslims are terrorists
and that Mohammed is a false prophet of sin.

He regurlarly quotes the Quaran and says that Islam is a religion of force and
violence.

I have not told him about this forum but would it be ok if some here could help
him understand that Islam is not about forcing beliefs through terrorism and that
Islam is peace?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Im sure that we would be able to try and do that.

You say he quotes the Quraan, where does he get these quotes from and is he looking at simple sentences and not looking at them in context...it would be helpful to understand how much he knows about Islam...

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
salam
yes and try to give him some knowledge of islam or get him to sign up here so he can learn more about islam rather than stereotyping our religion
wasalam

CarrieValandez
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure where he gets his sources :rolleyes: but he seems to be able
to state much about Mohammed the prophet..and about the killings of Jews
and so forth and goes on about hos muslims made Jews pay taxes..etc

and no he isn't that "Genius" guy ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
:sl:

He is welcome as long as he abides by the forum rules. However if he comes with a set agenda of upseting the muslims then he will unfortunatly be banned

CarrieValandez
11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Hmm, I guess that would equal an issue for me too then?

Halima
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CarrieValandez
Hmm, I guess that would equal an issue for me too then?

The forum rules abide to everyone..not just you him or me. It abides to everyone that participates in these discussions. To make matters more complex the majority of the members in here are muslims..so of course there will be rules on almost everything here. However, it's mainly your demeanor and the way that you carry yourself on the forum that counts the most.

Umm Yoosuf
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
What is it with some memebers today :? Invite him to the LI. We hope to clear some of his misconceptions insha Allah :)

Sanobar
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
yeah inshaAllah we'll eb able to clear his misconceoptions abt islam....! :):)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!