/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please explain

Rodney
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Could someone please explain to me why the burning of the bodies, that the US militry personel did, insulted the people of this faith. I just want to understand, could you qoute any scripture that explains why this was wrong ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rodney
Sorry about that, but do you have an answer ? I want to understand

a body of a muslimshouldnt be burnt

i know some religions practise cremation but
in islam this is not allowed and shows great disrespect and dishonour. a persons grave should not even be walked on.

hope that explains why muslims would feel offended by bodies being burnt
also the us army im sure are very well aware of this and need not burn bodies in the first place
taking innocent lives is bad enough...

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
As Muslims we believe that we should be buried. In the Quraan is states that

From the earth We have created you and unto the earth We shall return you and from it, again, We will resurrect you once again!” (20:55)

We were originally created from clay and therefore we are to be returned to the earth once we die - only to be resurrected again on the Day of Judgement

I hope this clears your query

peace!

Rabi'ya:rose:

Rodney
11-09-2005, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
As Muslims we believe that we should be buried. In the Quraan is states that

From the earth We have created you and unto the earth We shall return you and from it, again, We will resurrect you once again!” (20:55)

We were originally created from clay and therefore we are to be returned to the earth once we die - only to be resurrected again on the Day of Judgement

I hope this clears your query

peace!

This has helped, what they did, did not, keep these people from being reserected in the after life, I hope ? You see I understand that some relgions believe that mutilating the dead body can cause problems in the after life, I don't want the US to get into some kind of stupid actions trying to hurt people's faith in the hear after

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
11-09-2005, 04:23 PM
2 rodney let me attempt an answer due to my limited knowledge... i think its bcoz evry1 belongs to Allah(god) so only He has the right to do what He likes with a dead persons body. we just return it to the earth from which it was created. hope that clears it up. :happy1:

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
I am not qualified to answer too many questions and would rather leave someone with more knowledge to answer this question.

Rodney, i would just like to thank you for asking your questyions in a very civilised way. its makes a change from others we get on this site :)

peace !

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Rodney,
Yes, cremation is forbidden in Islam and you can read about that here. As for affecting their afterlife, it will have no affect because all human bodies will be regenerated, whether they be incinerated, mutilated, etc. Everyone will be resurrected to stand before their creator on a final day.

Regards

Rodney
11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hi Rodney,
Yes, cremation is forbidden in Islam and you can read about that here. As for affecting their afterlife, it will have no affect because all human bodies will be regenerated, whether they be incinerated, mutilated, etc. Everyone will be resurrected to stand before their creator on a final day.

Regards

Then why is it forbidden ?

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi,
It is forbidden in the same way mutilation is forbidden - not because it has ay affect on the resurrection, but because it is an act of disrespect and destroying the creation of God.

Does that clarify? :?

Rodney
11-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi,
It is forbidden in the same way mutilation is forbidden - not because it has ay affect on the resurrection, but because it is an act of disrespect and destroying the creation of God.

Does that clarify? :?

Yep, that explains why Islamic people got so upset about it, what I now don't understand is they get upset over that , but don't when "they" do it to others.

I see a religion that has two standards, now that is what I can't understand

Muezzin
11-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Yep, that explains why Islamic people got so upset about it, what I now don't understand is they get upset over that , but don't when "they" do it to others.
When do Muslims do it to others? Unless you're opening the Can o' Worms marked 'Terrorism' in which case they're not real Muslims anyway, just sad fanatics using Islam as some sort of shield for their own Freudian revenge dreams.

Which religion?

sapphire
11-09-2005, 11:06 PM
hi Rodney...
can u mention a point when muslims have done it to others??

samina1
11-09-2005, 11:47 PM

salam! tell me wht u mean by "they" do it to others? plz do explain tht to me..

Rodney
11-10-2005, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
hi Rodney...
can u mention a point when muslims have done it to others??
When they turn aircraft into fire bombs that burn thousands, when the blow "innocent" people to little bitty pieces, when they drag the mutilated bodies of American GI's through the streets, and stomp on them, when they be-head helpless hostages, that have done nothing wrong, when they dump those headless bodies on the side of the streets.

They show no respect to the living, or dead of their enemies.

What the GI's did was wrong

What the extremist Muslims do is also wrong, but you don't see other Muslims getting all worked up about that, but you do see Christens getting worked up when Americans burn a couple of bodies.

My faith says sin is sin, there is never accepted cases where it is not sin, No where in the Bible does it state it's ok to sin "if".

God made me a Christin, he made others Muslim, just like he made some people male and some female, we are all here at the will of God, why would we hate another because that is the way God made them. A person loves God only to the extent he loves his worst enemy, how can anyone love God, but hate what he has made ?

There are many who claim to be Christin, yet they hate Muslims, or Jews, or Blacks, or whites, these people know nothing of the Love of God, they have a man made religion, but God made them that way as well, as well as he made those who really follow him

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-10-2005, 02:23 AM
What the extremist Muslims do is also wrong, but you don't see other Muslims getting all worked up about that,
Says who? Just because the biased western media feels thatr 1 statement of an extremist is more interesting than 1000 condemnations of true Muslims, does that mean that these true Muslims don't exist?

You have the audacity to call Islam a religion with two standard when I clearly stated that Islam described the cremation/mutilation of ANY human being to be abhorrent. I never said it was only for Muslims.

I'll just share one statement with you on the respect for life in Islam:

Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his Companion remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Bukhari, Muslim)

In Islam there is respect for all huamn beings regardless of their race or religion. When anyone is mutilated and we Muslims condemn such an act, just because we are not given coverage in the media does not mean that we don't exist.

Peace

azim
11-10-2005, 02:55 AM
When they turn aircraft into fire bombs that burn thousands, when the blow "innocent" people to little bitty pieces, when they drag the mutilated bodies of American GI's through the streets, and stomp on them, when they be-head helpless hostages, that have done nothing wrong, when they dump those headless bodies on the side of the streets.

There are many who claim to be Christin, yet they hate Muslims, or Jews, or Blacks, or whites, these people know nothing of the Love of God, they have a man made religion, but God made them that way as well, as well as he made those who really follow him
Then understand this, there are many who 'claim' to be Muslim but do not follow what Islam teaches. If there can be 'Christians' who don't understand their religion, then why can't there be 'Muslims' who don't understand their religion?

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 09:13 AM
You opened the Can 'O' Worms. These people (I use that in the loosest sense) are not even real Muslims, since real Muslims would never commit such heinous acts.

Because 'they' are mindless brutes, not true Muslims.

What the extremist Muslims do is also wrong, but you don't see other Muslims getting all worked up about that, but you do see Christens getting worked up when Americans burn a couple of bodies.
You may not see Muslims getting all worked up - that does not mean they do not. I agree with Ansar.

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Says who? Just because the biased western media feels thatr 1 statement of an extremist is more interesting than 1000 condemnations of true Muslims, does that mean that these true Muslims don't exist?
This is very true....there are hundred of thousands of Muslims in the UK. such a small minority have committed crimes yet this is taken as if the majority supports it. The media does not cover the ciews of the Muslims who follow the faith correctly and understand the teachings.

To commit a crime then hide it behind a mask - Islam -does not mean that all Muslims feel the same.

:w:

~Raindrop~
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
:sl: as a non-muslim once said to me: if 98% of muslims were terrorists and 2% wernt that 2% would still be a large number. :w:

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
yeh, it would be a large population but i dont think you wanna publish those figures here :S lolz, people cud get the wrong idea

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
salam
how do you work that out sis???^^^^^
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
me or Aisha.....im saying that because of the amount of Muslims in the world. just because its only 2% would still mean that the amount of people would be large, despite the percentage being small

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 10:49 AM
salam
i was referring to sis aisha coz 98% is a large number of peole comapred to 2% of people
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
98% is a large percentage.
however, 2% in figures could be a large number, for example if you had a million Muslims 2% would be 20,000. would you not agree that 20,000 Muslims is a lot of Muslims.

the percentages look bad but its still a lot of people.

i dont agree with sister Aishas statement coz it implies that the case is that 98% of Muslims are terrorist which is WRONG

sapphire
11-10-2005, 07:15 PM

My faith says sin is sin, there is never accepted cases where it is not sin, No where in the Bible does it state it's ok to sin "if".

God made me a Christin, he made others Muslim, just like he made some people male and some female, we are all here at the will of God, why would we hate another because that is the way God made them. A person loves God only to the extent he loves his worst enemy, how can anyone love God, but hate what he has made ?

hi....
the muslims following the correct belief would not mutilate bodies in any condition as the body of our prophet (s.a.w)'s uncle was mutilated by a woman after a battle and later on in life the lady accepted islam yet the prophet advised her to stay away from him...this just shows how much the act of mutilation was hated by our prophet (s.a.w)....God has given us humans the highest form of his creation(like out of animals etc) and we all have understanding to differtiate between right and wrong....God has given us all different races and has put us in this world as a test..and one day we shall find out how many of us passed the test....

p.s Bro Muezzin plz can u abstain from calling other muslims non-muslims...Alllah alone knowes who is a muslim and not...A muslim is recognized by whats in the inside not what clothes they wear and calling other Muslims non-Muslims risks the caller loosing his imaan...

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 07:35 PM
p.s Bro Muezzin plz can u abstain from calling other muslims non-muslims...Alllah alone knowes who is a muslim and not...A muslim is recognized by whats in the inside not what clothes they wear and calling other Muslims non-Muslims risks the caller loosing his imaan...
Sorry. I'll refrain from saying that in future.

There still scum, whether they call themselves Muslims or not.

sapphire
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
ya bro muezzin i know what u mean....in a sense they put a bad name on all of us....

Mohsin
11-11-2005, 12:07 PM
When they turn aircraft into fire bombs that burn

Well as Muslims we believe this whole life is a test, you have to follow God's commands and rules.To follow God's way is called islam in arabic. (Thats why we Say Prophet Jesus and Prophet moses were all prophets of Islam and they were Muslims, because they were following and teaching God's way. As muslims we believe the followers of these prophets changed the teachings and so this religion was no longer "Islam"). So God tests us in differtent ways, he may give us lots of money and see how we spend it, he may give us little money and see how faithful we still are, God may test us with a sick brother/sister or son/daughter and still see how faithful we are, and we even maybe born into different religions or ideologies and again God is testing how we strive to seek the true path of Allah, the rules he has sent down.
If i have understood correctly you are trying to say it's ok to be christian, and it's ok for others to be Muslim, and it's ok for others to be jews. Please correct me if i have misunderstood. But this simply just can't be, God can not have more than one set of rules at the same time, there are too many contradicting beliefs, and it implies God is lieing
Ok God has made you a christian, but so what? That doesn't necessarily mean it's right. God tests us in different ways. If your whole family have a history of being, say robbers, from generation to generation and each new generation joins the trade. If you're born into such a family then do you also become a robber because it is the "will of God", or do you use your sense of logic and basic understanding to see robbing is wrong and you don't want to be part of it. No doubt being born into any religion, muslim or non-muslim, it is all by the will of God, but then it is up to us to seek the true path.
I hope inshallah you've understood what i've said and i hope you haven't been offended by anything i've said as it wasn't my intention

Like previous brother and sisters have said on this post, you can't judge the whole of islam by a minority. Say if over 90% of islam is against terrorism, the small minority would still have a major impact.

aamirsaab
11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rodney
You know, that paragraph could apply to the following: us army (although, instead of GI's it'd be Iraq's)), israel army, heck probably any army on the planet -yeah sure the muslim extremists do it but it's no different than what everyone else is. Although, that isn't to say the action is right, just simply that many people commit these actions - not just muslim extremists.

I take it you haven't heard about the recent mass grave dessecration in birmingham. I'm not approving the action, just pointing it out.

If your gonna judge a group, atleast do it properly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.