/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Post Count - Shocking!

Z
11-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Peace to all.

I don't understand how many people who joined after me, can have like 2x the post count when compared to mines.

I believe I am a welcomed member, who does frequent the board, and contributes on a normal scale. Something in numbers like 5 out of 10. Yet, how do these people surpass my post count? And have more reps? Well stuff the reps, not like they mean much, but the post count, I don't get it.

Why?

By the way, feel free to give some reps after reading this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

awwwh!! bro rep points and post count mean nothing so smile :statisfie

:w: warhamtulahi wabarakthu

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
examples ? :)

:sl: Oh no....*runs out the room*

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
lolz, i think some people(like me)are online during the day with nothing else to do. I know my post count isnt as high as yours but i joined later than you. some people spend all their working day onlnie coz they got nothing better to do lol.

peace!

Rabi'ya:rose:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
11-09-2005, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Peace to all.

I don't understand how many people who joined after me, can have like 2x the post count when compared to mines.

I believe I am a welcomed member, who does frequent the board, and contributes on a normal scale.
See, that's the thing right there! You're normal; all us guys are freaks!

Something in numbers like 5 out of 10. Yet, how do these people surpass my post count? And have more reps? Well stuff the reps, not like they mean much, but the post count, I don't get it.

Why?
The forum's just that darn interesting. :)

About reps, I dunno. I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet. :p

You gotta stop doing that bro, I was about to give you some but then you just whipped out the ol' reverse psychology and me being a fart, I won't give you any now.

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:30 PM
lol..I don't get how I joined after some people and I still have some more rep points than them:sister:

Genius
11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I joined like last December, nearly a year now and i only have 440+.........boooyah!

minaz
11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
yeh your posts are roughly worth a rep each on average!

Genius
11-09-2005, 06:53 PM
My post count is so low, yet i am respected and loved by hundreds on this forum, my words wield great wisdom, reap thy wisdom children, reap thy knowledge.

Halima
11-09-2005, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
My post count is so low, yet i am respected and loved by hundreds on this forum, my words wield great wisdom, reap thy wisdom children, reap thy knowledge.

Post count matters on only how much one posts per day and rep points counts on how popular you are i post almost everyday and now i'm up to a thousand posts! phew!

nafy
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Peace to all.

I believe I am a welcomed member, who does frequent the board, and contributes on a normal scale. Something in numbers like 5 out of 10. Yet, how do these people surpass my post count? And have more reps? Well stuff the reps, not like they mean much, but the post count, I don't get it.

Why?

salaamzzzzzzzz,
well fing is..........sum ppl.......sumtymz........spam der way 2 da top lol....
but u.... i fink always post with sumfin gud 2 say and topic related.....
so no worrizzzzzzzz.............u'm still a wikid member of dis forum....
n noone can replace u ok?
now smile bro!!! :)

Muhammad
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
:sl:

It isn't the number of posts that you post which is important, no! It's the quality of those posts!

Whatever we post remains there for thousands to read, yet to what benefit if its just a silly emoticon that could easily have been done without?
An important point to remember is that the staff of this forum do tend to delete annoying, multiple, useless posts, hence your post count can go DOWN as well as up!

So remember: It's Quality not quantity that's needed here.

:w:

P.S. This thread is already becoming a free-posting section:zip: *hint*hint*

Z
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Peace.

Those who post less, are the wiser ones? Those who have post counts which just increase like fleas on pat, are the not so wise ones?

Thank you for your kind words Nafy. They really do mean something.

- Qatada -
11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
lol why not open a thread where people can discuss their reps? insha Allaah.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

minaz
11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
lol, also do you guys now most of these posts are saved in the google cache system? just try searching a thread in google

Z
11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Peace.

Minaz, that sounds ridiculous. What else is Google supposed to do?

Far7an
11-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I just wanted to add one quote, I remembered this when members started discussing reputation

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
" - John Wooden

Zuko
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

I just wanted to add one quote, I remembered this when members started discussing reputation

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden
Excellent quote! :peace:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-09-2005, 11:10 PM

Let Every Jealous One Perish In His Rage! Reps arent required in being a good muslim, just think on that which is more important, Insha'Allah.

Muezzin
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

Let Every Jealous One Perish In His Rage!
That's a bit harsh. It's just a forum. :p

Reps arent required in being a good muslim, just think on that which is more important, Insha'Allah.

Inshallah.

aamirsaab
11-09-2005, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
your post count is 446 (atm) and rep is 430 - which works, roughly at around 1 rep point per post. which aint half bad. just sayin is all. Oh yes, i shall reap thy wisdom and thy knowledge with great er...enjoyment.

baby_muslimah15
11-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Okay I dont wanna talk about rep points(cuz I have the lowest one on here so far) but hey i'm not complaining.....And I never knew your post can go down!!, Have mines been goin down???.....And Ameeratul Layl must have been on here a while(cuz her post iz up dere) MashaAllah.

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
.And Ameeratul Layl must have been on here a while(cuz her post iz up dere) MashaAllah.[/QUOTE]

Keep me out of this posting thing.:-\

I just have alot to post!!!

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:44 PM
salam
yes mashallah, some of the established members like bro zak have shared thier wisdom upon us mashallah that is why he has such a large post count
wasalam

Muezzin
11-11-2005, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
yes mashallah, some of the established members like bro zak have shared thier wisdom upon us mashallah that is why he has such a large post count
wasalam
so, basically, if you have a large post count you've much wisdom to impart, and if you have a small post count, it's quality over quantity.

Ergo, post counts do not matter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.