/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Emotionally Attached

Z
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Peace and greetings to everyone.

Are you emotionally attached to forums?

For example, someone really goes hard on you, and makes you feel like a right loser, you treat it like it really happened to you. Or the classic example is if a female member says something sweet about you, you get really chuffed and treat it like the hot girl next door just popped round and said the same things about you to your mother.

I know I am. I can't help it. I'm very emotionally attached to forums.

There's no other poll options other than 'Yes' and 'No'. It's a straight answer, no but's and if's.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Salaam,

Yes I do I have to admit that I am emotionally attached to forums. I don't want to be but yet i cannot help it! It can be one of your friends on the forum that may say something that may offend you and they have no way of knowing it. Or when there's a whole thread a everybody's participating in it, but yet you feel left out. That's the main reason why I really don't want to get involved with forum. Obviously when we post we start making friends and those friends can end up hurting you. Or when you wanna say a complement to a brother but someone else might take it for flirting... goddd i hate that. That's why I'm reserved and I act like how a muslimah is supposed to act. I don't like acting wild.

Danish
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
:sl:
nah man sorry :( i just dont give the damn, know what i mean?

p.s. bet my £20, this thread is gonna get closed :p

Z
11-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Peace.

Danish, obviously you can't see the light of this poll. With members letting other members know how they interact with forums, it should help members to further proof their posts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
11-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Or the classic example is if a female member says something sweet about you, you get really chuffed and treat it like the hot girl next door just popped round and said the same things about you to your mother.

:happy: ha ha
dnt tell me u do that
NEVER DO THAT!

i used to be like that
at the age of ..what 16 -17 ? not long ago :)
not anymore
u grow out of it
u have to realise its not real
its just a sqaure called the computer.

h1jabi_sista
11-09-2005, 07:48 PM

honestly...............NOWAY!

subhanallah, im here to learn! To interact with muslim brothers and sisters so that i may gain from their knowledge and inshallah they may gain from mine.

:sister:

:w:

Halima
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista

honestly...............NOWAY!

subhanallah, im here to learn! To interact with muslim brothers and sisters so that i may gain from their knowledge and inshallah they may gain from mine.

:sister:

same here:aliencool

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-09-2005, 08:18 PM

Yes, but only to this forum. As i dont go on to many forums just 2 beside this one, (halo and photoshop related).

nafy
11-09-2005, 08:20 PM
salaamz...
yeh same ere bro....
am also emotionally attatched 2 forums...
if sum1 sez n e fin nasty...i always end up taking it 2 heart :(
i dont wanna but its jus lyk dat
take care
w/salaamzzzzzzzzz

Muhammad
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM

I would imagine that everyone is emtionally attached to forums to some degree or another, since we are all living people (I hope!) behind those posts, and just because we are looking at a lifeless computer screen does not mean that we are not receiving intelligent responses through it (from real people).

So if a member posts something offensive, we all get offended, simple as that :) (therefore don't do it please!)

sapphire
11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
funnily enough...i am...i mean if someone embarrasses me i still get kind of embarrassed even if im never going to meet them.....

modez
11-09-2005, 08:38 PM
The Internet is merely a tool of communication. Like other forms of media, use of the Internet is regarded as a value, rather praiseworthy if for a good cause. On the other hand, like other tools, it is open to abuse. Know how to use it .

There are so many false sects and kuffaar who have set up sites, each one portraying to reflect true Islam. This is proper harmful to those Muslims who are not very learned.

The internet has no rule!! :-\

Halima
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by modez

The internet has no rule!! :-\

As a matter of fact it does..incase if there are any rapists or murderes lurking around..

I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents’ permission.

I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.

I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.

I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.

I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.

I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.

I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my family’s privacy

I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.

I will help my parents understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.

modez
11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
I meant that in a totally different way. lol
Tell me u didn't go in to all that bother, typing, for a mere little comment.

- Qatada -
11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
loll 'your' parentz must know loadzzz about 'you'..

wasalam o 'alykum warahamtulahi wabarakatuh.

aamirsaab
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahimprovin
u have to realise its not real
its just a sqaure called the computer.
REALLY?! Oh i'm glad someone told me that. Jeez, i was so close to posting a thread in the marriage forum, titled: would you marry a pc with 3.2ghz over 1.9? I SEE THE LIGHT NOW!

Back on topic. the only forum i go on is this one ( i'm so sad, yes i know :p). otherwise i'm either studyin (yeah right :p) or playin pc games.

Halima
11-09-2005, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by modez
I meant that in a totally different way. lol
Tell me u didn't go in to all that bother, typing, for a mere little comment.
I felt that the little comment you have made is very important becuase it's true. alot fo people dont know the internet rules and they need to learn. Sonner or later.

Protected_Diamond
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
:sl: warhamtulahi wabarakthu

lol, im only attatched to islamic forums, if i am too busy to use the computer i always miss my forums lol, they just too entataning and you learn soo much about Islam which is awesome

:w: warhamtulahi wabarakthu

Danish
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Danish, obviously you can't see the light of this poll. With members letting other members know how they interact with forums, it should help members to further proof their posts.
yes...how very silly of me not to notice such an obvious thing :rollseyes:

Far7an
11-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Yes, I am..

If a member freeposts I get :mad:

If a member contributes and posts something beneficial I get :)

If a member breaks one of the rules, I start to :rant:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
So if a member posts something offensive, we all get offended, simple as that :) (therefore don't do it please!)
'tis true, please please dont!

minaz
11-09-2005, 10:33 PM
hey 350z this is a good thread mate, I aint emotionaly attached to this forum (it's the only forum i'm a member of). Obviously half the time one should be on here is to gain more knowledge of our beautiful religion, whilst the other half we debate and air our views on certain issues. Yeh who the hell am I kiddin I just come on for a great time! Lol LI is more of a soap opera to me, I mean i've been on here for a good period of time and you get to know a lot of ppl and their characters. Sometimes you do tend to pee quite a few off, but I tend to have a laugh rather than anythign else. At the end of the day it's cyber world and when I go to exit-start-shutdown- "the LI" experience is over.
But then I get bored and switch the pc back on and go start-internet exlorer- favourites- LI!

Muezzin
11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I come here to see what comedic goodness Genius, Gandalf or (gasp) even Minaz have posted. If laughter is emotional attachment then so be it :)

minaz
11-09-2005, 10:50 PM
If laughter is emotional attachment then so be it
lol especially when your the butt end of most of the jokes

Muezzin
11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
lol especially when your the butt end of most of the jokes
ha.

ha.

ha.

Get back on topic or my foot will get 'emotionally attached' to your 'butt end'.

Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 09:39 AM

Yes, I'm Emotionally Attached to this forum and another forum I'm a member of.. But I'm just emotionally attached to everything.. I seem to take things more personal than I would like.. Can't help it.. I'm a bit too sensitive.. =S

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 09:40 AM
salam
i don't know if i am emotinally attached but i do like this forum so much!!!
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
:sl: 2 muslim woman: i agree with ur 1st post entirely! make dua 4 us sinful souls pls sis. :w:

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 09:44 AM

Of course Im attached to the forum emotionally. How could you not be. There are many sisters(and im sure the brother have a similar experience) who I have made friends with. If they were to be nasty of course I would take it to heart. Who wouldnt? They are my sisters and I feel very close to some of them. I would love to get to know all the sisters on this site but its not gonna be possible - just too many people.

Its definitely nice when someone says something positive about you. Gives yuo a real boost and you feel good. Again if someone is nasty to you or puts you down it can have the opposite emotional effect.

350z, this is a good topic, i like it

Rabi'ya:rose:

Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
:sl: 2 muslim woman: i agree with ur 1st post entirely! make dua 4 us sinful souls pls sis. :w:

Ukthii.. Who is "muslim woman"? :hmm:

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
salam
i think she is referring to sis halimah becasue her signature says muslim woman
wasalam

Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM

Ah, okay.. JazakAllâh..

Ibn Syed
11-10-2005, 09:52 PM

I just come here when I'm bored. Not that emotional. Just like to know whats goin on.

~*~Serene~*~
11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes i'm attached . I get really po'ed :grumbling when the site is not operating.

How can someone not be attached? Islam runs throught this place and look how it can benefit our ummah.

karim
11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
I don’t understand what your saying

Sahabiyaat
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
that is because u r dumb

are u angry i said that ?

yes?.........

yup
ur emotionally attached

i was only joking my dear brother

are u chuffed i said that ?

yes?......

yup

u r def emotionally attached.

what was that...............off topic................i dnt think so :okay:

~*~Serene~*~
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karim
I don’t understand what your saying
You're directing your comment to who?

Halima
11-13-2005, 01:02 AM

Members please refrain from name calling. Name calling can offend others. Be extremely vigilant in what you say and think before you post. InshAllah.

Umm Yoosuf
11-18-2005, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

Of course Im attached to the forum emotionally. How could you not be. There are many sisters(and im sure the brother have a similar experience) who I have made friends with. If they were to be nasty of course I would take it to heart. Who wouldnt? They are my sisters and I feel very close to some of them. I would love to get to know all the sisters on this site but its not gonna be possible - just too many people.

Its definitely nice when someone says something positive about you. Gives yuo a real boost and you feel good. Again if someone is nasty to you or puts you down it can have the opposite emotional effect.

350z, this is a good topic, i like it

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ah! Sisterhood:wub: Alhmadulilaah.
To a certain level one is emotionally attached. This is another forum of communication. I do get wound up by certain things:hmm:

Bittersteel
11-18-2005, 08:50 AM
LI forums are dead important for me.Its my home forums.

S_87
11-18-2005, 12:47 PM

interesting question

i guess it depends who says what :)

ola
11-19-2005, 02:42 PM
slmz
ppl im emotionally attached to dis
of course i am
i cant help it
lol
slmz peepz
xxx

Snowflake
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM
When I was a newbie here, I used to have dreamz that I'm on LI lol *cringes* :heated: The way your welcomed in the intro section, you feel you've found a long lost family... then you realise some people are just so fickle that it's not worth getting emotional about. It's the best forum I know but the emotional attachment has gone.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 08:06 PM
some of the posts send sum serious vibe thru me. and wen i luk at the poster i cant help but respect :)

extinction
04-09-2006, 08:08 PM
well Im not emotionally attached ... but somethings annoy me like the fact that some people are here simply for the sake of putting Islam down...you guys know who Im referring to.....

Maryam22
04-10-2006, 07:10 AM
emotionally attached?? hmmm. good question. maybe i am, 'cos sometimes when i'm off line, i miss it. and sometimes, i have dreams about the people on it, not that i've seen them or anything. yep!! im emotionally attached

Starseeker
04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryam22
emotionally attached?? hmmm. good question. maybe i am, 'cos sometimes when i'm off line, i miss it. and sometimes, i have dreams about the people on it, not that i've seen them or anything. yep!! im emotionally attached
Ahh Thats so sweet you have dreams about me:)

afriend
04-15-2006, 08:24 PM
well...yes and no....

When I'm tryna convince som1 of something and I fail...I keep on thinking about what Im gonna do the next day to keep myself strong....

The Ruler
04-15-2006, 08:30 PM
sort of....cuz i dunno....i no id get a bit mad if sum1 says summink mad at me....but ill try ta be gd....altho i dunno again....:rollseyes

Nawal89
04-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Nah i dont think so. It depends. Emotionally attached..no. If someone says something nice to me it'll make me smile. If they get mad at me then thats their problem. Most likely i wont meet them anyway.

Starseeker
04-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I remember when I used to be emotionally attached to neopets. LOL. thiose were the good old days!

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I wouldnt say Im emotionaly attatched to forums, however i can get worked up on them sometimes like wen some ones arguing with u over some fiqh issue n wnt let it go, ive had many salafi-non salafi debates before n ppl are just so close minded and follow blindly n grrrrrrrr anyways. So no im not emotionaly attatched, I treat them as a tool to give naseeha and to gain knowledge myself from other members, just generaly to learn. Plus my husbands at work all day n i dnt have much else to do. However when my likkle babys born in august I will probs be too busy staring at it n playing with it, n changing it n feeding it etc etc, so wnt have much time.

Sister_6038
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
if i say im attached with emotion does that mean yes i am emotionally attached??

IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
if i say im attached with emotion does that mean yes i am emotionally attached??
LOL if i say water i drank does that mean i drank water? :p ;D

Sister_6038
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
LOL if i say water i drank does that mean i drank water? :p ;D
it was a RHETORICAL QUESTION...hmmmpft

genki
12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
no. But sometimes the truth gets through and hits home.

------
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
:salamext:

Yep.

crayon
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Not yet, I've only just joined.
But it's going to happen. I can feel it.
Sigh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.