Indeed, LI is going through a degrading state, where much unacceptable behaviour is taking place and changing the course of our journey to become a better, and more beneficial environment. It can be easy to forget the main ideas behind the forum:
- The mission of our e-Islamic community is to help foster a better understanding of Islam
- Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image
- The purpose of this forum is to educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam and its tenets
And Alhamdulillah, it is nice to see members concerned about the welfare of the forum, hence I thank brother Ahmed and also sister Rabi'ya for expressing their much needed opinions, Jazakallaahu Khayr.
As you will be aware, there are a number of issues in need of serious attention. These include:
- A high number of irrelevant, off-topic, useless posts in a large proportion of threads (Freeposting)
- Members of opposite genders speaking to each other freely, without a sense of shame or practicing online 'Hijab' (Freemixing)
- A large number of meaningless threads that serve no value whatsoever to the aims and objectives of the forum mentioned above
- An increasing amount of arguments and indecent attitude between members that is destroying the friendly environment
The following is what measures we have taken:
As of the near future, we will begin to practice new rules and regulations which will be further explained elsewhere Insha'Allaah, and these include:
- Increased warnings via pm to members
- Introduction of warning system
- Bans for repeat offenders
We have no problem with our brothers and sisters enjoying themselves, as learning should be fun, but it should be done in accordance with the laws of Islaam, outlined to us in the Quran and Sunnah. There are few members who ruin this enjoyment for others, and we intend to clamp down on them.
- Being more strict regarding the topics of threads
- Implementing the new warning system (details to follow later)
- Harsher/more frequent treatment of offenders and a higher level of intolerance to be demonstrated
All this is with the intention of the betterment of the forum, the promotion of Islamic knowledge and above all, the Pleasure of Allaah (swt) Insha'Allaah. Therefore, in order for the forum to be the success that we all wish it to be, we require the continued cooperation of all members and constant recognition of limits at all times.
May Allaah make this forum a source of knowledge and benefit for all, Aameen.
LI Staff :)