/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims for peace

Eric H
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Greetings all

I heard a very uplifting story this morning on pause for thought. I didn’t hear the name of the person telling the story but his job is to do with conflict resolution I don’t think he was a Muslim.

He was in France witnessing a group of rioters challenging a line of police when he saw a group of Muslims come out from a nearby Mosque, they walked in between the rioters and the police. The Muslims talked to the rioters and persuaded them to disband and go home.

They were extremely brave people to stand in a dangerous place and put themselves at risk in the hope of finding a peaceful solution.

May Allah pour out his blessings on these people of peace

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
MashAllah that is good to hear, would be nice to see a news link tho.

heated emotions need to be calmed down sometimes.

May Allah bless them all ....ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Lonely_Boy
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
:sl:

JAZAKALLAH
AAMEEN

Eric H
11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Greetings and peace Rabi'ya

Rabi'ya;108932]MashAllah that is good to hear, would be nice to see a news link tho.
I don’t know if the story actually made the news; but the man who was recounting the incident was on the Terry Wogan show at 9.15 on BBC radio 2 on the 10th November today. I think you can go to the BBC web page and listen to the story again. If you get to listen to the story there is something else that makes this story more remarkable

I have to dash I am off to work now

In the spirit of searching for peace

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
salam
subhanallah
may allah guide us all
wasalam

F.Y.
11-11-2005, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
In the spirit of searching for peace

Eric
Sincerely hope you do attain peace brother :)

Halima
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Jazakhallah for posting that sis...

hope you post some more...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Nice and Uplifting story. Thnx very much for sharing :)

Uthman
11-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Peace Eric,

Thank you for sharing such an uplifting story. It's nice to see you around here too!

May Allah's peace prevail on all of humanity

Regards,

Osman

- Qatada -
11-11-2005, 09:03 PM
hey thanks for that eric. hope you find that peace that your looking for insha Allaah (God willing).

too bad the media hardly wants to show the positive side of the better/guided muslims.

..i'm happy some people like looking into the truth, unlike some who just follow what the media shows. so thanks eric :happy1:

peace.

karim
11-11-2005, 09:09 PM

that was a nice story:happy:

Eric H
11-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Greetings all

I didn’t write about the first part of this story which makes it even more remarkable.

During his time in France this man had witnessed the police stop and search Muslims on a number of occasions. Quite possible some of these peace keepers had been stopped by the police a number of times in the past, they may well have felt harassed by the police in the past and yet they still felt the need to step in and support the police for the sake of finding peace.

Peace seems to take a huge amount of courage because these guys had to make themselves vulnerable to put their message over

Those Muslims promoted Islam in ways that words never could

In the spirit of seeking peace with justice

Eric

karim
11-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Mashallah it was a good story

Eric H
11-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Greetings everyone and thank you for your coments,

What these Muslims did risking their lives and well being to try and bring peace is right by all world views, it takes people with a real commitment for peace to take such risks with their lives.

Do you think that this kind of peaceful intervention could be used in Iraq or Palestine to reduce tension and bring about peace?

In the spirit of searching for peaceful solutions

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.