/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Name The Rivers

Z
11-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Peace.

What rivers are promised for us in the after life?

Their names and qualities please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
11-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I dont know, Ive not even heard of this.....

Is this supposed to be in Halal Fun - is it like a quiz or something or a serious question?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
11-11-2005, 11:06 AM
salam
i think it is serious coz the person wants to seek knowledge and this should be under basics of islam
waslam

Silver Pearl
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
مَثَلُ الْجَنَّةِ الَّتِي وُعِدَ الْمُتَّقُونَ فِيهَا أَنْهَارٌ مِّن مَّاء غَيْرِ آسِنٍ وَأَنْهَارٌ مِن لَّبَنٍ لَّمْ يَتَغَيَّرْ طَعْمُهُ وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ خَمْرٍ لَّذَّةٍ لِّلشَّارِبِينَ وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ عَسَلٍ مُّصَفًّى وَلَهُمْ فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ كَمَنْ هُوَ خَالِدٌ فِي النَّارِ وَسُقُوا مَاء حَمِيمًا فَقَطَّعَ أَمْعَاءهُمْ

The description of Paradise which the pious have been promised (is that) in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed, rivers of milk of which the taste never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit, and forgiveness from their Lord. (Are these) like those who shall dwell for ever in the Fire and be given to drink boiling water so that it cuts up their bowels?

However, i do not know of their names. If no one knows would it be possible for you to share?

In Sahih Muslim the Messenger Sallallahualaihi wasallam mentioned the names of 4 rivers in this world that they are rivers of paradise but they are different than what the ones refered to in the ayah above.
:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Do they have names? I think one is the Euphrates....

ahm001
04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
milk honey n alchohol .ayats of quraan mention this. sis is right about euphrate i think its called furat in arabic..n mentioned in hadith that they flow from jannah.......mind u i havnt read for years so best rechecked.

extinction
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
was the question answered then?

Mawaddah
05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
The Brother wanted the names also but not many were mentioned I think. So anyway, Allah says : انا اعطيناك الكوثر

So One of them is the Kauthar

I can't remember the rest right now sorry

extinction
05-05-2006, 06:49 AM
isnt kawthar the fountain which was given to rasul s.a.w that the believers will get in line to drink from the beloved hands of rasul s.a.w and thus be quenched of thirst forever and ever

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 07:09 AM
See Sura Muhammad verse 15
Hadith from Ubada bin Samit(Allah b pleased with him),reporting our Prophet(paece and blessings of Allah b upon him)"Heaven contains a 100 layers. the distance between every 2 layers is as wide as it is between earth and sky.Firdaus is the highest.4 canals of heaven hav come out from it. Allah's throne will b over it.Hence whenever u entreat Allh for Heaven, ehtreat for Firdaus"Tirmidhi
Kauther has indeed been bestowed on Muhammed (sallahu 3alaihi wassallam)It is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey-tirmidhi
c also sura dahr 76:5/6
There is a drink called kafur, which causes peace of mind.

Also a fountain called Salsabeel

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Salsabeel is mentioned in 76:16 or 76:17

MuslimGUy
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I may be mistaken, but is there also a river called Tasnim?

From Surah Mutaffifeen, ayah 27 it mentions the spring of Tasnim.

BlissfullyJaded
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM
:sl:

Abu Huraira (Radiallahu Anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Saihan, Jaihan, Euphrates and Nile are all among the rivers of Paradise. [Saheeh Muslim: Book 040, Number 6807]

However, if it is as sis Silver Pearl stated, I do not know the names. And the fourth one in that is a river of water. :)

Are you going to give us the answer ever? :)

hamidah
12-29-2006, 06:52 AM
salams..
i am with you siz i heard that hadith too but if its only two he asked for we should give kauthar and euphrates

------
06-27-2008, 11:13 AM
:salamext:

BUMP

Anyone?!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.