/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Court backs Turkish headscarf ban

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 02:35 PM
The headscarf issue divides Turkish society
Turkey can ban Islamic headscarves in universities, the European Court of Human Rights has ruled.
The court rejected an appeal by a Turkish woman who argued that the state ban violated her right to an education and discriminated against her.

Leyla Sahin had brought the case in 1998 after being excluded from class at Istanbul University.

But the judges ruled that the ban was justified to maintain order and avoid giving preference to any religion.

Although overwhelmingly Muslim, Turkey is a secular republic and the Islamic headscarf is banned in all universities and official buildings.

The BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Istanbul says the verdict will have a major impact, as more than 1,000 other women from Turkey have filed similar applications.

source - bbc.co.uk/news

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
11-10-2005, 04:19 PM
well Turkey has a history of having well anti-Islamic Muslims.Kemal Ataturk ,anyone?

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 04:31 PM
i dont know this name you've mentioned but its a shame that Turkey bans the hijab.

:(

- Qatada -
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
you know wats real sad.. turkey used to be the most powerful country in the world before the saudis took over in arabia, because they (the turks) had so much taqwa. now turns out their the ones turnin away from islam the most...

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
:sl:

I know some Muslim Turks and they are very pious mashAllah.

May allah guide us all.....ameen

modez
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
It's was very shocking what my eyes saw when i visited turkey (marmaris, oludeniz). Our muslim brothers and sisters are far out of hands. They don't like being approached to, if discussions are going to be on Islam. Alcohol use is widespread, so many shameless acts in public. Very sad.

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Thats bad :(

May Allah provide them with guidance....ameen

meknesi
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
thats why the ummah is the way it is.......:peace:

h1jabi_sista
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
you know wats real sad.. turkey used to be the most powerful country in the world before the saudis took over in arabia, because they (the turks) had so much taqwa. now turns out their the ones turnin away from islam the most...

TURKEY AINT THE ONLY ONE!! SPAIN WAS EXACTLY THE SAME. SUBHANALLAH TURKEY HAD THE RULER MEMIT, AND THE OTTOMANS. TURKEY STILL HAS HISTORICAL BUILDINGS AND MASJIDS. THE FITNAH IS APPAULING!

HIJAB IS A RIGHT OF THE MUSLIM WOMAN, I THINK ITS SAD TO DEPRIVE WOMEN OF IT, ITS NOT RIGHT. AND THOSE POOR WOMEN WHO HAVE LOST THIER JOBS, THE GIRLS WHO CANNOT STUDY. ALHAMDULILAH IT MAKES YOU REALLY GRATEFUL FOR LIVING WHERE YOU ARE, WHERE YOU CAN PRACTISE AND WORSHIP FREELY.

MAY ALLAH POUR PATIENCE ON THE UMMAH! AMEEN

oops sorry, i didnt realise i had caps on.:smile:

allah hu alum

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Yet another example of Turkey acting like that weird tag-along we all had in our group of childhood friends. The Turkish leaders are trying so damn hard to be a part of the European Union (no religion please, we're Europeans) that they've lost their souls. I'm not judging the people; the leaders are whack.

- Qatada -
11-10-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah i agree with you 'hijabi sister' but only Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows what will happen in our countries; i.e. the uk and us etc. we just gta have faith.. and pray insha Allaah.

Caliphate
11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
When the west started dishonouring and attacking Islam and muslims, they had a life time plan to make sure one thing: That Islam will never come back to the world scene in form of a powerfull state ruling the word and the affairs of the people according to Islamic Shari3a.The day they start the war against Allah swt, the messenger saw. and the believers they started the destruction of the Islamic state, Al Khilafah Rasheedah in Istanbul. This was the first attack the muslim ummah had to suffer from. The west used supporters looking like one of us , a turkish man called mustafa kemal a.k.a attaturk. May the anger of Allah swt be upon him and punish him with the worst punishment. Divided into more than 52 useless and weak states the muslim ummah became the most weak nation in the world, their states are even called the 3rd world. While we see in history that the Muslim ummah has been the leading nation in more than 1350 years from the start of the first ideological state of Al Madinah al Munawarah to the last one of Istanbul. The day they destroyed this very important Pillar of Islam the Islamic state. The day the destroyed this Islamic state, which made the muslim ummah the most respected, honoured and even followed nation on earth. It united their lands, resources, minds, hearts, and made their goal one: To satisfy their creator Allah swt. Al ahkamal Hakemeen. (The best ruler)

This state protected the honour of the muslim women, while today we see that muslim women are being killed, abused and even raped in Abu ghraib prison. This state protected the Shuhadaa, those who seek martyrdom while they are dishonoured today and being called for suicidebombers or terrorists. This state is the source for peace, justice and security for not only muslims but for all human beings as Islam is the solution for all problems a human being muslim or kaffir faces. This state is the state of Al muminoon, the believers who made their creator Allah swt and their beloved messenger Muhammed saw. their only legislation, and not Kufr man-made systems which only leads to the misery we witness in our lands as well in the west.

"This is a Book we have revealed unto you, O Muhammad, in order that you may lead mankind out of darkness into the light, by their Lord's leave to the path of the Almighty the Owner of All Praise".

And.

''We made you the just Ummah so that you may be witnesses over humankind, and the Messenger (saw) is a witness over you.'' [ 2:143]

And by the help of Allah swt it will return and will make the work of sincere sisters and brpthers of this honoured ummah one with successfull.

"If you help the case of Allah swt. He Swt will help you and reward you with a victory soon"

Fee amaniAllah

ummbilal
11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I know some Muslim Turks and they are very pious mashAllah.

May allah guide us all.....ameen

Me too Allhumdulilah a sister i know who is turkish has taught me a lot Allhumdulilah but then my neighbours are turkish and not very practising and i know a lot of cypriot turks who do not practise,

unfortunatly the majority of turks do not , inshaallah Allah guide us all

by the way i'd say the same for moroccans(my fathers country) they are so desperate to be western.

its soo sad
inshaallah Allah will unite the ummah and make us strong in imman

montoyauk
11-11-2005, 01:47 AM
i dont know why there call turkey a muslim country:hmm:
went for my holiday few years ago

never seen so much alchohol in my life.wherever u go.even in the uk we dont see it much here apart from pubs,off licence

women topless on the beaches.same time you can hear azan for prayers:vomit:

should be ashamed to be called a muslim country

local folks didnt even know where the mosques were when i said where there were...
:vomit:

makes me sick.

Kemal Ataturk was an a****** (please forgive me for my language)
this is what i think of him.yet in turkey.there treat him like a hero.
will have to answer to allah(swt) on the day of judgement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.