/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Rumours

Nablus
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Coca-Cola's Dasani water found to contain alarming levels of cancer-causing chemicals
Coca-Cola's Dasani brand of bottled water was found to have illegally high levels of bromate, a cancer-causing chemical, say company executives in the UK. Coca-Cola, which had called their water, "as pure as bottled water gets," immediately recalled 500,000 bottles. It is, of course, a public relations disaster for the company, which has been trying to develop new markets other than soft drinks (see related ebook on soft drinks).
So what's the real story? For years, Coca-Cola has stood adamantly against consumers buying water. In the United States, the company even ran a campaign called, "Just say no to H2O" with Olive Garden restaurants that trained waters to push soft drinks onto guests who might otherwise have only wanted to drink water. Prizes and free trips were given away to the waiters who sold the most soft drinks to customers.

In time, however, Coca-Cola realized it couldn't fight the trend towards water forever, so it came up with its own water brand. But instead of bottling spring water, Coca-Cola decided to bottle tap water. That's right: the very same water you get out of your kitchen faucet. Only Coca-Cola purified the water and then added in a minute amount of minerals. They then sold the water at enormous markups: as much as 300,000% (not a typo) over the original price for the water. That's the Coca-Cola way, it seems: take a bunch of really cheap ingredients, slap on a pretty label, and push it to the public at extraordinary markups. Heck, it worked for soft drinks, why not water, too?

Unfortunately, this process of purifying the water turns out to be less than ideal, in this case at least, since the Dasani water was found to be contaminated with bromate. The lesson here is that there's no water as pure as spring water. If you want to drink bottled water, shop for water that's bottled at the source, from natural springs, without any added ingredients.

I should point out that every Dasani bottling plant operates on a different water source, using different equipment. And this was a scare in the UK, not the U.S., so just because high levels of bromate were found in the UK products doesn't mean they're present in the States. But the point is valid: tap water is never as good as spring water, no matter how you process it. If you find this article interesting, be sure to also read 'Satire: the unauthorized history of Coca-Cola.'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-17-2005, 08:02 PM
:sl:

dassani was banned in england time ago cos its unhealthy

Nakisai
06-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I have this book that states that we can drink coca-cola.

Nakisai
06-17-2005, 10:14 PM
what I drink that everyday if you are going to get cancer your are going to get it no matter what you drink, eat or where you sleep Allah (swt) has already worte that in your book of life so who can rewirte that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
root
06-18-2005, 02:30 PM
The biggest danger to the human body are free radicals, which can also cause cancer and other major issues (including premature ageing). The top four killers are:

1. Breathing.
2. Eating.
3. Exercising
4. Smoking/Drinking

Go figure :-)

Root

minaz
06-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I think we've all heard/seen the Dasani fiasco last year, but what i want to know is Nablus why have you started a thread about it?

Lil_Napolean
06-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Damn, ima stick to my volvic

- Qatada -
07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Introduction

After a detailed investigation it has been proven beyond any doubt that Coke and other cooldrinks are HARAAM for Muslim consumption.

All of the facts gathered during my investigation are found herewith including overwhelming proof from a previous investigation conducted by the Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa.

This subsequently led to the Mujlisul Ulama declaring COKE HARAAM in the early 80's. The UTUSAN KONSUMER declared it HARAAM in 1984 on a thorough investigation of its own.

COKE was given a court order by the Indian government to reveal its secret recipe but chose to rather pull out of the country than to disclose its covert formula.

Since its inception COKE has ignored two court orders to reveal its true contents.

The original recipe for COKE is at this point in time locked up in a bank vault in the USA.
· At any one time only the Head Chemist at Coca Cola knows the true contents of COKE. The formula has been passed down from Head Chemist to his predecessor over the years as the Head Chemists have retired.

From all the proof gathered and put together it is astounding how this product could ever have been declared HALAAL.

I had personally been abstaining for a year as I had previously had doubt and it was therefore better for me to abstain for the sake of TAQWA, but it is now a confirmed certitude that COKE is HARAAM and it is now my Islamic duty to abstain.

The Contents of COKE

The Secret recipe of COKE as per a formulary book that belonged to John Pemberton who invented Coca-Cola 107 years ago. The recipe included citrate caffeine, extract of vanilla, seven flavoring oils, fluid extract of coca (cocaine), citric acid, lime juice, sugar, water, caramel and alcohol. Evidently the cocaine was removed in 1903. Coca-Cola continues to dominate the scene after 107 years, and the profits from the sale of it have been enormous.is as follows:
Merchandise #1 Sugar

Merchandise #2 Caramel

Merchandise #3 Caffeine

Merchandise #4 Phosphoric Acid

Merchandise #5 Coca leaf and Cola nut Extract (20% Alcohol)

Merchandise #6 Was Lime juice, but was incorporated into Merchandise #7X as an oil

Merchandise #7X Flavouring mixture (see below)

Merchandise #8 Vanilla

Merchandise #9 Glycerine, but apparently no longer used

Table: The Secret Recipe of Coca-Cola

The Secret Flavourant Merchandise #7X is made up as follows:
1 oz (28.35 grams) Citrate Caffeine 3 oz (85.05 grams) Citric Acid
1 oz (28.35 grams) Extract Vanilla 1 Qt Lime Juice
2.5 oz (70.88 grams) Flavouring 30 lbs Sugar
4 oz (113.4 grams) F.E.Coco 2.5 gal (11.365 litres) Water
Caramel sufficient

FLAVOURING
80 Oil Orange 40 Oil Cinnamon

120 Oil Lemon 20 Oil Coriander

40 Oil Nutmeg 40 Oil Neroil
1 Qt Alcohol (95%)

DIRECTIONS

Mix Caffeine Acid and Lime Juice 1 Qt. Boiling water add vanilla and flavouring when cool.

Let stand for 24 hours

THE FACTS
1. Vanilla Extract (Not synthetic) is HARAAM (see attached proof)
2. Ethanol is HARAAM (see attached proof)
3. Alcohol is used in the preparation of the secret formula called 7X as part of the flavouring (95% Alcohol) - HARAAM
4. Glycerine that is used in the Formula 7X and also in the main recipe is HARAAM. (NB. Glycerine is claimed to not be used in the main recipe anymore)
5. Alcohol is used in the reparation of the Kola leaf and Kola nut mixture (20% Alcohol) - HARAAM

Recipe for VANILLA EXTRACT:
2 Whole vanilla beans

1 ½ c Vodka or Brandy

½ c Water

1 c Granulated sugar

There are various recipes for Vanilla Extract from different resources but this is the most common recipe. Apart from synthetic Vanilla Extract all recipes for Vanilla Extract contain alcohol, either Brandy or Vodka in most cases.

VANILLA EXTRACT has been overlooked and not been investigated before today, not even by the Mujlisul Ulama or the Utusan Konsumer in their respective investigations.

With regards to ETHANOL below is the following Webster's dictionary definition of ETHANOL:

Main Entry: eth a nol

Prounciation: 'e-th&-"nOl, British also 'E-

Function: noun

Date: 1900
: a colorless volatile flammable liquid C2H5OH that is the INTOXICATING AGENT in liquors and is also used as a solvent - called also ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol

(Based on Merriam-Webster's Collegiate(R) Dictionary, Tenth Edition)

Almost all cooldrinks manufactured today contain ethanol since ethanol is used as a dissolving media for most flavourants.

COKE and SPARLETTA amongst others have admitted to having used ethanol in their flavouring essence.

The reasoning that Ethanol is not KHAMR as professed by many scholars is pure deception by shaitaan and the kuffaar.

The first declaration made by Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) concerning this matter was that not only is wine prohibited but that the definition of KHAMR extends to any substance which intoxicates, in whatever form or under whatever name it may appear. Thus, for example, beer and similar drinks are HARAAM.

Our beloved Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) was once asked about certain drinks made from honey, corn, or barley by the process of fermenting them until they became alcoholic. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), blessed as he was with the best of speech, replied succinctly:

"Every intoxicant is KHAMR and every KHAMR is HARAAM."

And Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) declared from the pulpit of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam): "KHAMR is that which befogs the mind."

From the above it is evident that ETHANOL is beyond any doubt HARAAM despite what our deceived brothers choose to believe.

GLYCERINE which has already been declared Haraam by the Jamiatul Ulama is included in COKE in two forms. It is firstly used in the Vanilla Extract as a means to "fix" the aroma of the flavouring. It is also used in the main recipe as a preservative although there are claims that it is not used any more.

The Flavouring part of Merchandise #7X is made up of 95% ALCOHOL together with Lemon, orange, lime, cassia and nutmeg oils mixed together.

Islam takes an uncompromising stand in prohibiting intoxicants, regardless of whether the amount is little or much. If an individual permitted to take but a single step along this road, other steps follow; he starts walking and then running, and does not stop at any stage. This is why our beloved Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"Of that which intoxicates in a large amount, a small amount is HARAAM."

And again:

"If a bucketful intoxicates, a sip of it is HARAAM."

In connection with alcohol, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) cursed ten categories of people saying:

"Truly, Allah has cursed KHAMR and has cursed the one who produces it, the one for whom it is produced, the one who drinks it, the one who serves it, the one who carries it, the one for whom it is carried, the one who sells it, the one who earns from the sale of it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought."

When the above verse of Surah al-Maaidah was revealed, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) announced:

"Truly, Allah has prohibited KHAMR. Therefore, whoever hears this verse and possesses some of this substance should neither drink it nor sell it."

The narrator of the Hadith says: "The people brought forth whatever they possessed of it and poured it out in the streets of Madinah."

Islam's stand in prohibiting alcohol and blocking all avenues which lead to drinking is very clear and unequivocal.

The Arab's during the period of jaahiliyyah were very fond of wine and drinking parties. To eradicate this pervasive evil from society, Allah Ta'ala adopted a wise course of education and training, prohibiting it in measured stages. First, He made it clear to them that the harm of drinking wine is greater than its benefit; next, He told them not to come to Salaat while intoxicated; and finally, He revealed the verse in Surah al-Maaidah which prohibited it totally and decisively:

"O you who believe! Truly, intoxicants and gambling and divination by arrows are an abomination of shaitaans' doing; avoid it in order that you may be successful. Assuredly shaitaan desires to sow enmity and hatred among you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hinder you from remembrance of Allah and from Salaat. Will you not then desist?"

The response of the Muslims to these verses was remarkable indeed. At the time some people were drinking, with partly-filled cups in their hands. As soon as they heard someone announcing: "Wine has indeed been prohibited.", they poured the remaining drinks upon the ground and broke the big clay pots in which other drinks were being fermented.

May Allah give us the strength to give up something we love and enjoy, something that has become a part of our daily life. May Allah give us the strength to give it up just as the Muslims of those times gave up wine and drinking parties solely for the pleasure of Allah.

I wish to stress that mere academic knowledge of the HALAAL and HARAAM, and of the limits of these is not sufficient. Although the major sins and principle obligations are known to every Muslim, nonetheless, we find a great many of them indulging in these sins and neglecting those obligations, and rushing toward the Fire with their eyes wide open.

If the Muslim is well-versed in the knowledge of his religion and its Shariah, and at the same time possesses a fully alert conscience which safeguards the limits so that they cannot be overstepped, he is indeed rich in all goodness. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) spoke the truth when he said:

"When Allah intends good for a person, He makes his own soul a watcher over him."

Just as Islam has prohibited whatever leads toward the HARAAM, it has also prohibited resorting to technical legalities in order to do what is HARAAM by devious means and excuses inspired by shaitaan. It has reprimanded the Jews for resorting to such practices. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"Do not do what the Jews did in order to (technically) leaglise Allah's prohibitions by flimsy excuses."

This is a reference to the fact that Allah had prohibited the Jews to hunt on the Sabbath (Saturday). To get around this prohibition they would dig ditches on Friday so that the fish would fall into them on Saturday, to be caught on Sunday. Those who resort to rationalisations to justify their actions consider such practices to be permissible, but the jurists of Islam consider them HARAAM, since Allah's purpose was to prevent them from hunting on the Sabbath, whether by direct or indirect means.

Calling a HARAAM thing by a name other than its own or changing its form while retaining its essence is a devious tactic, since obviously a change of name or of form is of no consequence as long as thing and essence remain unchanged. Thus, when some people invent new terms in order to deal in usury or to consume alcohol, the sin of dealing in usury and drinking remains. As we read in the collections of Ahadith

"A group of people will make peoples' intoxication HALAAL by giving it other names.

A time will come when people will devour usury, calling it "trade"."

And among the strange phenomena of our time is that people term obscene dance "art", liquor "preservatives", and usury "interest".

In all its legislation and moral injunctions, Islam lays great stress on nobility of feelings, loftiness of aims, and purity of intentions. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"Actions will be judged by intentions, and everyone will be recompensed according to what he intended."

I conclude with the following supplication, which has come to us from the early Muslims:

O Allah, make us independent of HARAAM with HALAAL and of disobedience to You with obedience to You.

All praise is for Allah Ta'ala, Who guided us to this; had He not given us guidance, we could not have been guided.

All information mentioned in this investigative report was checked and re-checked via the different sources available in order to verify the authenticity and accuracy of the information. The information is accurate to the best of my knowledge. Being only human, I stand to be corrected on any error made on any issue discussed.

Issued by:
The Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa

PO Box 3393

PORT ELIZABETH

South Africa

someone
07-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I've read this and I'm having it checked out, inshaAllah.

Muezzin
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM

I love these conspiracy theories. As long as they don't clog up my inbox.

:w:

anis_z24
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
salam
Would it not be more official if it was confirmed by a muslim scholar. Also anything with facts is not a conspiricy

Z
07-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I have some little knowledge, and that is if the state of a substance changes and becomes something else, I read it is no longer considerd to be the same substance as it was before so the ruling of it being permissable also changes.

Allahu Alim.

NooralHaya
07-25-2005, 06:12 PM
you know what.. it's not healthy, just dont drink it haha. too much sugar =\

Pinkrose
07-25-2005, 06:26 PM

WOW!! I had no Idea!! :omg:

Jazaakalah bro Aqib for sharing that with us!!
I just wanna ask one question!!
Can i know the web you got it from bro Aqib?

TEH
07-25-2005, 07:44 PM
How rather interesting...

:)

- Qatada -
07-25-2005, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

WOW!! I had no Idea!! :omg:

Jazaakalah bro Aqib for sharing that with us!!
I just wanna ask one question!!
Can i know the web you got it from bro Aqib?

I got it from the uponsunnah site. www.uponsunnah.com

http://www.uponsunnah.com/forum/show...highlight=coke

kadafi
07-25-2005, 09:29 PM

Bear in mind that it's an old article.

The newest update on this issue is at the following link:
Muslim doctor finds alcohol in Coca Cola bottle

A Muslim doctor found traces of alcohol - forbidden by the Islamic religion - in a bottle of Coca Cola.

This sparked a big campaign by Coca-Cola to defend its product, which it claims was contaminated after a chip in the glass bottle let air in.

Last month, Dr. Haroon Dindar, 58, of Mpumalanga purchased a crate of 1.25-litre bottles of Coke, he says.

"We buy our Coca-Cola directly from the Coke depot at Ermelo. So that means that it does not go through shops or anyone else," said Dindar.

And on a hot Sunday afternoon, the doctor invited his daughters to his home for a family braai.

"I took out two bottles from the refrigerator and put them on the table on the veranda. One of my daughters opened a bottle and its contents began to bubble out," he said.

"Not realizing that something was wrong, she poured some out into three tumblers."

When the 19-year-old girl took a sip of the drink, Dindar said, she told him it had an unusual taste. And when he smelt the contents of the tumbler, he realized it was alcohol.

Mr. Dindar decided to take the contents of the bottle to a laboratory for testing. The test confirmed that the Coke had 0.924g of alcohol per 100ml.

Then immediately Dindar contacted the plant and informed the manager of what happened.

Later on, Coca-Cola Company embarked on a huge campaign to defend its product, saying it is alcohol free, although the testing of the product proved the opposite. It placed a full-page ad in Wednesday's Cape Argus trying to defend the product against the scandal.

In its ad, the company said that its laboratory tests have found alcohol in Dindar's cooldrink. A Coca-Cola spokesperson claims that a chip in the glass bottle had allowed air into the bottle leading to fermentation of the product. The company described this as "a rare occurrence" and said no other incidents had been reported.

The manager told Mr. Dindar that traces of yeast were found in the bottle, and being mixed with the sugar content of the drink, it created an alcoholic beverage.

"I had four crates of Coke at home but I have given them away. I will never drink Coke again," he said.

Khattab
07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
:sl: All soft drinks have alcohol in them, however recently I read that the Shariah Institue (UK) said that it is not haram to drink and that it is fine as it is a very low amount. I try to stay away from soft drinks anyway as they are all junk.

Genius
07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I heard they put jewish blood in pepsi so that Muslims support Israel.

Pinkrose
07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib

Alright!!

Jazaakalah bro!!

Muezzin
07-26-2005, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
I heard they put jewish blood in pepsi so that Muslims support Israel.
LOL! ;D

TEH
07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Lol...

:d

- Qatada -
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
"I had four crates of Coke at home but I have given them away. I will never drink Coke again," he said.

I think it would be beter if he got rid of it instead, cz iss a sin to give alcohol or to distribute it.

Muezzin
07-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Get rid of it? How? By pouring it down the gutter? In somewhere as hot as India, anyone seen wasting that amount of fluid may well be attacked in the street ;)

I'm not saying it's right to distribute alcohol, mind.

Sugarcore
07-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Hmm... so all soft drinks contain alcohol but there is a small amount of it. But I've always thought that alcohol in small amounts is not halal, right?

kadafi
07-26-2005, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sugarcore
Hmm... so all soft drinks contain alcohol but there is a small amount of it. But I've always thought that alcohol in small amounts is not halal, right?

It is only permitted if it not intoxicating, meaning that even if you drink large amount, you will not become intoxicated. If you, then it is completely haram, even if it's little.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large amounts, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; Abu Dawood, 3681; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

kadafi
07-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Apparantly, there has been an update on the controversial coca-cola-alcohol subject.

The article:

By Fouzia van der Fort

All Coca-Cola contains alcohol, but not nearly enough for it to be declared haraam, or prohibited, in terms of Islamic belief.

Representatives from the Halaal Trust, Muslim Judicial Council (MJC), Islamic Council of South Africa and the Sunni Ulama Council, following the test results at an independent laboratory report in Durban, declared that the alcohol amount was the equivalent to five sugar granules in a pot of a million and not enough to intoxicate a consumer.

They visited three bottling plants in Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town and were satisfied that alcohol was not used in the manufacturing of Coca-Cola.

Analytical toxicologist Volker Schillack explained that alcohol is produced when sugar reacts with yeast.

Moulana Abdool Wahab Wookay, chief executive officer of the trust, explained that while alcohol was not an ingredient of Coca-Cola, its contents naturally reacted with each other resulting in the presence of alcohol.

Greg Morse, manufacturing director of Coca-Cola, said in an earlier statement that "no alcohol is added as an ingredient and no fermentation takes place".

The Halaal Trust sent three bottles of Coca-Cola for testing: one with a defective seal, one with a waxy substance floating in it and a standard bottle.

In the standard bottle of Coca-Cola, 0.00052 percent of alcohol was found, which Wookay said was too small to have any effect.

Wookay explained: "When one consumes something in excess, it has an effect and becomes haraam (prohibited) for you."

The Halaal Trust has consulted with Jakim, a Malaysian government department which certifies products.

Malaysia receives its Coke concentrate from Swaziland, as does South Africa.

"Jakim has certified Coca-Cola to be halaal," said Wookay.

Their fatwa (decree) states that a beverage is "harus" (allowed) if, after it is diluted, the alcohol level is about 0.01 percent.

Last month a Mpumalanga doctor, Haroon Dindar, bought a crate of 1,25 litre bottles of Coke from a bottling plant in Ermelo.

One of the bottles he opened smelt of alcohol. He sent the contents for testing, which showed it contained 0,925g of alcohol per 100ml.

Wookay said: "Conclusive evidence is necessary to certify the product halaal."

Denise Green, marketing services manager of the company, said they had received word from the MJC that it was fine for Muslims to go on drinking Coca-Cola.

"We have not seen the results, and are unable to comment on the situation" said Green.

Source

Sugarcore
07-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Thank you for posting the article brother Kadafi. If Coke was haram I think my cousins would go insane. :)

minaz
07-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Lol remember few years ago when there was a big silly conspiracy that if you fold the coke logo in a certain way there's a pic of the deivl or summin? When I heard and saw it, I think that was the closest time i got "wasted" by coca cola :p

Genius
07-26-2005, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Lol remember few years ago when there was a big silly conspiracy that if you fold the coke logo in a certain way there's a pic of the deivl or summin? When I heard and saw it, I think that was the closest time i got "wasted" by coca cola :p
Remember the rumors where they used to put cocaine in coke hence the name coke.

minaz
07-26-2005, 09:21 PM
lmao and the list goes on and on! I bet the people who believe this, also believe in 9/11 conspiracies and Justify Suicide bombings

Muezzin
07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
You're on extremely thin ice, minaz :p

minaz
07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Good and i hope it breaks - I love ice in my coke :p

Ra`eesah
07-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Here we go the great "coke conspiracy" could be a Hoax but then again what if its not? Better to stay away till its confirmed. Once the lest bit of doubt arises we should stay away from it and insh`Allah our eman will incerese and we'll be rewarded for our sincere intentions.

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu 'anhuma, who said:

"I committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam," (the following words):

Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.

[Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaíi related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith]

There is another version of this hadith where the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, elaborated further by saying: “Verily, truth is tranquillity and falsehood is doubt.”
This means that the truth will lead to tranquillity and falsehood will lead to doubt.

This hadith indicates that one should only perform an act or deed (which is permissible and proper) if he is positive or certain of it. Performing this act will lead to some kind of tranquillity or happiness in this life and in the Hereafter – this is one of the benefits of applying the hadith.

ishkabab
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
ok well im sure that many people have seen the rumors bout cocacola...
that if u turn it the other way it means "No Mecca NO Mohammed" right?
well i was looking at there website..http://cocacola.com/index1.html....
in i was lookin for there contact # but then i found this http://www2.coca-cola.com/contactus/...ors/index.html... its bout the rumors that we been hearing...i dont know if there true or not still...even after reading that page...:confused: ...they say they aren't a Jewish company either....oh well i dunno....u guys read n figure it out...tell me ur thoughts about there reply....
:w:......................oh yeh look under the Middle eats rumors...

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
salam
yes i heard all this before, and all i can say is allahu alam
wasalam

modez
11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
I never can understand this. What triggers a person to read a lable in a mirror, or read it in reverse... Its all full of bull..

Anyone heard this one before, "You shouldn't wear fila (trainers), because if you spell it backwards it's ALIF (first arabic alphabet).

Who has time for all these????

There are many others

ishkabab
11-10-2005, 03:48 PM
LOL true very true

Lonely_Boy
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Hope you all people are fine in HEALTH and IMAN ...INSHALLAH ....Well I heard this long time ago but not sure about that tooo........Well one more thing I like to share with you people that here in PAKISTAN one of the famous Islamic Scholar Related to Tableegi Jamaat as well named DR. TARIQ JAMIL.......he said that ALLLAH (SWT) make the system in human body that its discharge carbondioxide as it considered harmful for our body ...........then if you read the ingredient on PEPSI , COCA-COLA and other soft drink CANS or BOTTLE you will find out the CARBONIC ACID also include in that drink ..........so he means to say why we use these drinks and enter this carbonic acid again in our body aren't we live without them ........well I think it's depent on TAQWA ..........what is your opinion regarding this

Remember in prayers

JAZAKALLAH

ishkabab
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Boy

famous Islamic Scholar Related to Tableegi Jamaat as well named DR. TARIQ JAMIL.......
Yeehhh MOULANA TARIQ JAMIL SAAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MashALLAH he is outstanding....:smile: ...............has great bayaans...
http://www.darsequran.com/weeklyvoice/tjeng.php

Sanobar
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by modez
I never can understand this. What triggers a person to read a lable in a mirror, or read it in reverse... Its all full of bull..

Anyone heard this one before, "You shouldn't wear fila (trainers), because if you spell it backwards it's ALIF (first arabic alphabet).

Who has time for all these????

There are many others
well yes these also look wried to me...i mean who has time to read it in the mirror....seriously ...!????? :dontcare: :dontcare:

Lonely_Boy
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
Yeehhh MOULANA TARIQ JAMIL SAAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MashALLAH he is outstanding....:smile: ...............has great bayaans...
http://www.darsequran.com/weeklyvoice/tjeng.php

You can find out Lot of bayan here Sister
DR. TARIQ JAMIL

Hope u like that

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Boy

Hope you all people are fine in HEALTH and IMAN ...INSHALLAH ....Well I heard this long time ago but not sure about that tooo........Well one more thing I like to share with you people that here in PAKISTAN one of the famous Islamic Scholar Related to Tableegi Jamaat as well named DR. TARIQ JAMIL.......he said that ALLLAH (SWT) make the system in human body that its discharge carbondioxide as it considered harmful for our body ...........then if you read the ingredient on PEPSI , COCA-COLA and other soft drink CANS or BOTTLE you will find out the CARBONIC ACID also include in that drink ..........so he means to say why we use these drinks and enter this carbonic acid again in our body aren't we live without them ........well I think it's depent on TAQWA ..........what is your opinion regarding this

Remember in prayers

JAZAKALLAH
True, fizzy drinks aren't good for you.

No excuse to those weirdos who come up with these conspiracy theories. The funniest one I heard was something like, if you shine a torch through a coke label at midnight while doing a handstand you'll see the head of Dajjal.

'WALLAHI, it's true!' the weirdos cry.

'BWAHAHAHA!' I try not to laugh in their faces.

h1jabi_sista
11-10-2005, 05:34 PM

AHHH, yes...the famous coca cola theory:happy1:

erm, i just see it like this....

i used to drink it, but then when this came out i stopped.

alot of people debated about it but then i thought, OK, only allah knows what is right and if this is truth, Because allah is the truth, allah sent the truth and we need to follow the truth as much as we can inshallah.

If i dont HAVE to drink it, i wont. Just incase its not a lie.

Its better to be safe then sorry:statisfie

:sister:

allah hu alum

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Coke is nasty anyway. Fanta's better. And you don't hear any rumours about that, now, do you?

Bittersteel
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
How can Coca Cola mean No Mecca No Mohammed if we turn it the other way around?

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
Coca Cola mean No Mecca No Mohammed if we turn it the other way around?

Strange, I just got 'Aloc Acoc'

These conspiracy theories are a waste of time. If these people don't want to drink coke, then don't, but don't go round spreading these strange falsehoods.

h1jabi_sista
11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
How can Coca Cola mean No Mecca No Mohammed if we turn it the other way around?

lol, if u turn the coca cola logo around, it reads in arabic No Mecca No Muhammad:sister:

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista

lol, if u turn the coca cola logo around, it reads in arabic No Mecca No Muhammad:sister:

Yeah, after tinkering with it in Photoshop and making it look like it says that.

'Oh, just erase this line, tilt it a little, add a line here, squint and BINGO'

virago
11-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Salaam,

Well, I've heard that it was first noticed by a Syrian man. He placed a can of coke in front of a mirror, and he [accidenly] noticed that the reflection of Coca-Cola reads no Muhammad, no Mecca (in Arabic).

I find that ridiculous though.

modez
11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
As in, La Makkah La Mohammed

mohakem
11-10-2005, 06:03 PM
not coca cola but ... PEPSI: Pay Every Penny Save Israel. heh

Bittersteel
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
that is one of the dumbest things.....

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohakem
not coca cola but ... PEPSI: Pay Every Penny Save Israel. heh
That rumour doesn't even make grammatic sense. :p

Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM

LMAO! That's reeeeally weird.. It looks no way like La Muhammad La Makkah when you look at the logo in the mirror.. Mann.. Seriously, don't they got something better to do?

Ppl make up these stupid things.. A boy at my school practicly ran over to me, because I had this key-chain-thingy, with this logo on

and said: 'Sister, don't buy that, don't wear that.. They support ad-Dajjal.. Can't you see he got one eye?' I'm like 'Uh? No! Now, be gone..' Some people, lol!

Ibn Syed
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM

I need to get filled in here. What's the coke rumor and all that other stuff you were talkin about?

~*~Serene~*~
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
talk about paranoid.

anyways this not an issue for me.I don't like the taste of coca cola nad pepis. Tastes like cough medicine to me.:vomit:

sapphire
11-10-2005, 11:05 PM
if u turn the wrapper of the coke around and read it it does look like la muhammed la makkah but parts of the coca cola have to be rubbed out...there was an issue sometime bak about the fanta wrappers having the face of the devil...but that died down quick..however this coca cola ones been going on for ages...

ishkabab
11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
This is for people who havent seen the wrapper thing on Coca Cola:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/islam.asp

sapphire
11-11-2005, 12:00 AM
jazakallah for that sister...clearly shows the point....

Muhammad
11-11-2005, 12:09 AM

Threads merged.

sapphire
11-11-2005, 12:15 AM
sorry can u plz tell me what threads merged means....are the threads that are merged similar or the same and thus put together?

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 07:37 AM
salam bro fi do u hav the 'attached proofs' :?
jazaks :D

north_malaysian
11-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Whatsoever... I love PEPSI MAX...

E'jaazi
11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
The only true pure water is steam distilled water. It is water made from steam and has nothing in it. Remember, look for steam distilled water and not just distilled water.

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 08:15 AM
can we pls stop trashing this thread........ lol the ppl who think its a conspiracy are the very same ones who just block theri minds and ears and don't even want to consider the possibility that its haram...

fine... but don't trash this thread :heated:

kadafi post made sense mashalha, bro Fi do u know of ne mroe recent stuff about that insh? jazaks :)

salams

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 08:18 AM
for that 'laa muhammad laa makkah'

actually they got it wrong... it says 'Li Muhammad, Li Makkah'.... where did the 'laa' come from:? i dont c any alif there after the laam.

salaamz

------
11-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Is coke haraam or not? Please provide proof! Jazakallah :D

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr1nc3ss
Is coke haraam or not? Please provide proof! Jazakallah :D

so far based on bro kadafi's post it isn't, but insahlah maybe bro Fi can giv us an update :D

The Ruler
11-30-2006, 08:38 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by fi_sab
The original recipe for COKE is at this point in time locked up in a bank vault in the USA.
· At any one time only the Head Chemist at Coca Cola knows the true contents of COKE. The formula has been passed down from Head Chemist to his predecessor over the years as the Head Chemists have retired.
im not criticising or anything...but that sounds a lot like naruto's ramen...in one of the episodes, the man goes the secret recipe has been passed on from one person to the other...and it has been hidden somewhere...yadda yadda...

but if coca cola really does consist of what you post says, and the 'rumour' has been going on for quite a long time it seems, i dont see anything rational for a company to keep its recipe 'secret' for so long :confused:

im not saying anything bad about your post just wondering :)

Yanal
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
By removing the label from a 2 Ltr Bottle of Coca Cola and fold it backwards and then hold it to the light, you will see this demonic figure...see...well wud like to know If anyone else has tried it.it will saw no MOHAMMAD NO MAKKAH SO DON'T DRINK COKE

wilberhum
03-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Old myth. Been busted so many times, even of this forum.
You should check out stuff before you post. :?

Liibaan
03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Coke is gross anyways. DIET Coke is the way to go!!

BlissfullyJaded
03-08-2007, 01:30 AM

*Threads Merged*

Al_Imaan
03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
i've seen this before......they had a step by step image......

ManchesterFolk
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Lol, just admit your whole conspiracy is because of politics.

cihad
03-08-2007, 02:12 PM
TAP WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!

but your tap waters probably polluted right?

nyways

Snowflake
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nakisai
what I drink that everyday if you are going to get cancer your are going to get it no matter what you drink, eat or where you sleep Allah (swt) has already worte that in your book of life so who can rewirte that?
^o) you're mistaken sis.. When it's said that everything is already written down, it means that Allah knew what we were going to do and so it was written. It doesn't mean we can do as we please because whatever's gonna happen will happen. :D

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Salaam

There was a rumour going around about coke that it has animal fat init

I'm not sure if that's true or not after all it's a rumour

Muezzin
04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Stay away from coke because it's bad for you and rots your teeth, not because of these silly conspiracy theories...

format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
i've seen this before......they had a step by step image......
Surely you didn't believe it though?

That conspiracy theory is just incorrect on so many levels. Firstly, it doesn't even look like what it's supposed to say unless you mess about with it on photoshop, adding and subtracting lines. Secondly, why the heck would the logo designers for the company even bother to make a silly hidden message? The Coca Cola company was founded in the late nineteenth century for crying out loud. The American designers wouldn't even know who Muhammad (SAW) was!

wilberhum
04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadijah79
Salaam

Then don't you think you should find out before you say anything?
I prefer not to spread hate lies. But then that's just me. :skeleton:

Muezzin
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
That's a pretty strong term considering we're talking about a beverage. You're not a Coca Cola employee are you? :p

------
04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
:salamext:

So is coca cola Haraam or not?! :?

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Can you read?

I said I'm NOT SURE IF IT IS TRUE! AFTER ALL IT'S A RUMOUR

And what are you talking about hate lies?????

wilberhum
04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's a pretty strong term considering we're talking about a beverage. You're not a Coca Cola employee are you? :p
Na, not an employee but I do drink some.

That does not change the probability that these lies are the product of hate meant to do financial harm to the company.

When I see this kind of junk I go to places like www.snopes.com to check it out.
I think we have a responsibility to check things out be for passing it on. I find it irresponsible to pass on information you suspect is fraudulent.

But as I said, “That’s just me”.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
OOH one of them eh

***Lays on ground so Wilberhum can hit me with his stick**** :haha:

Muezzin
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
When I see this kind of junk I go to places like www.snopes.com to check it out.
Snopes is a great site.

I think we have a responsibility to check things out be for passing it on. I find it irresponsible to pass on information you suspect is fraudulent.

But as I said, “That’s just me”.
However, the member you seem to be accusing of this did go to lengths to say that what she heard was merely a rumour, and that she did not know whether it was true or not. You said she should find out, and that's what she was trying to do. :)

SirZubair
04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Coke is haram ! It contains a pigs tail! and it has cocaine in it! Also, it has the blood of Palestinians laced on every drop! haram haram haram ! :rollseyes

..... When i emailed dozens of people a couple of weeks ago ( After a sister on LI informed me that Centrum Vitamin tablets are Haram ), i emailed close to 2 or maybe even 3 dozen people and informed them.

I had a dozen people email me back and argue with me that my information is incorrect blahblahblah,... Even though i got the Info from Centrums offical website.

Funny how Muslims these days ignore what is actually Haram, yet make such stupid claims to make other boycott companies like coca-cola.

Regardless of wether it is haram or not, why would you drink such rubbish anyway? :) It is not good for your health. Don't drink any fizzy drinks, not even something like Ribena, which is loaded with Sugar and does not contain very much Vitamin C ( as they claim in their Ad's ). Don't buy any 'fruit juices', because almost everyone of them are not real fruit juice.

Allah swt has created for us something which Mankind can never make in a Lab...... not as perfect as Allah swt has.

Water - Stick to it.

England
04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Who would want to drink coca cola anyway? You'll end up with rotten teeth. I remember watching something. A woman went to the USA with perfect teeth for a month and all she drank was coca cola. She came back and her teeth were absolutely rotten.

Coca Cola is the worst drink you could buy.

SirZubair
04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Many many many of them are just as bad :) Best to stick to Fruit Juice ( Freshly squeesed home-made ) and water. Can't go wrong with that.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Many many many of them are just as bad :) Best to stick to Fruit Juice ( Freshly squeesed home-made ) and water. Can't go wrong with that.

Yep that will sort it....

And you'll know what goes in to it :D

England
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I love tropicana juices :D The tropical's the best but they never have any of it anymore!

Fizzy pops, especially coke are BAD. Stick with the fruit drinks.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I myself love mango lasse Yummy and home-made as well :D

Liibaan
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Who would want to drink coca cola anyway? You'll end up with rotten teeth. I remember watching something. A woman went to the USA with perfect teeth for a month and all she drank was coca cola. She came back and her teeth were absolutely rotten.

LOL You Brits are blaming Coke for your rotten teeth now?

SirZubair
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I myself love mango lasse Yummy and home-made as well :D
lol ! Isn't that loaded with sugar as well?? ;D

I meant 'Freshly home squeesed fruit juice with no sugar or additives whatsoever', thats how fruit juice should be drunk. The ones you buy are nearly just as bad as Coke, it is loaded with sugar, it is sweeter than i am.... now thats really sweet.

England
04-04-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liibaan
LOL You Brits are blaming Coke for your rotten teeth now?
Ah hah hah :rollseyes

I would say "that's the same stereotype as the "fatty" label we tag on Americans" but then again more than half of all American adults are obese :X

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 07:40 PM
:hmm: I forgot about the sugar :laugh:

Pop's some pears, apples, strawberries, bananas and whatever else I can find and blends it all together :D

Now that sounds Yummy :D

SirZubair
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Yep that will sort it....

And you'll know what goes in to it :D
Try something like this :

http://forums.muslimvillage.net/inde...howtopic=33450

I made some less than an hour ago ! Those pics are FRESH ! :D

Khadijah79
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Coke is nasty anyway. Fanta's better. And you don't hear any rumours about that, now, do you?

Nope don't know any rumours about that 'other then Fanta IS from the same company as Coke' :statisfie

England
04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Fanta is horrible. It contains aspartame which makes the drink taste CHEAP.

Abdul-Raouf
04-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Shocking News:

Pepsi and Coca Cola Contains PORK (PIG) extracts - PROVEN!!
Pepsi and Coca Cola contains extract from Pork (Pig). Most of the people avoid Pepsi and Coca-Cola for various reasons: - Because of harmful chemical contents such as excessive carbonates, etc. Now there is yet another reason which is more dangerous the scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads to cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage. The pig is the only animal that eats dirt, dung and urine, which makes lethal and deadly fabric polluted germs and microbes. According to a report published in Jordanian magazine, the head of Delhi University Science and Technology, Dr. Mangoshada scientifically proved that the key element in Pepsi and Cola contains extract from the intestines of Pig which causes cancer and other deadly diseases. The Indian university conducted tests on the impact of drinking Pepsi and Coca Cola which proved that drinking them lead to more rapid heart rate and low pressure. Also drinking 6 bottles of Pepsi or Cola at a time causes instant death. It also contains chemicals such as carbonic and phosphoric acids, citric acid which harms teeth and causes bone fragility. Bones kept in the Cup of Pepsi melts during the week knowing that the bones of the dead remain in the grave for thirty years. Research itself confirmed that the calcium dissolved in Pepsi and it weakens the bladder, kidneys, kills the pancreatic, leads to diabetes and infectious diseases. Pepsi or Coca-Cola lovers nothing to worry as it is not the only drinks available on this earth, as we have other healthy alternatives such as natural fruit juices, canned coconut water, flavored milks, buttermilk etc., all of them are conveniently available even in the small stores.
So plzzz think seriously about this.

queenmuslimah
04-17-2007, 01:45 PM
where did u get ur info from......want proof other than that thanks

Khadijah79
04-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Salaam

Ahhh found some proof now :D

http://www.mecca-cola.com/en/chairman.php

Al_Imaan
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Stay away from coke because it's bad for you and rots your teeth, not because of these silly conspiracy theories...

Surely you didn't believe it though?

That conspiracy theory is just incorrect on so many levels. Firstly, it doesn't even look like what it's supposed to say unless you mess about with it on photoshop, adding and subtracting lines. Secondly, why the heck would the logo designers for the company even bother to make a silly hidden message? The Coca Cola company was founded in the late nineteenth century for crying out loud. The American designers wouldn't even know who Muhammad (SAW) was!
wow im late....lol...nah i didnt...

of course fanta's better...there's no doubt bout that...

Woodrow
04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Mecca Cola challenges US rival
Tawfik Mathlouthi
Mr Mathlouthi says America must change its policies

By Verity Murphy
BBC News Online

Coke is no longer it. Or at least it won't be if Tawfik Mathlouthi has anything to do with it.

Ultimately it is the consumer who will make the decision

Coca-Cola
Mr Mathlouthi is the French entrepreneur behind Mecca Cola, a new soft drink designed to cash in on anti-American sentiment around the world.

He hopes to make Mecca Cola the soft drink of choice for Muslims everywhere and thus push out that icon of American capitalism Coca-Cola.

It is all about combating "America's imperialism and Zionism by providing a substitute for American goods and increasing the blockade of countries boycotting American goods," Mr Mathlouthi told BBC News Online.

It is not the first time Coca-Cola has been the target of a "buy Muslim" challenge. Zamzam Cola, an Iranian drink named after a holy spring in Mecca, has won an enthusiastic reception in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Coca-Cola has dismissed Mr Mathlouthi's move, saying he had "identified a commercial opportunity which involves the exploitation in Europe of the difficult and complex situation in the Middle East".

"Ultimately it is the consumer who will make the decision," the company said in a statement.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2640259.stm

It is a good thing overall. At the least it will open up peoples eyes that halal products are in demand and are a large enough market to make it worthwhile for entrepeneurs world wide.

Although in most Muslims countries Coca cola is made localy by Muslims and are Halal.

For example there is the Coca-Cola company of Saudi Arabia

http://jobs12.bayt.com/job/company_d....adp?xid=37697

Saudi forbids the import of any Haram food products. So Coca Cola is produced there localy under all verified halal conditions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.