/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good story - Everything happens for a reason

Protected_Diamond
11-12-2005, 11:32 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

This is a really nice story mashalah! for those times you face dissappointment and things aren't quite going your way this helps put things into perspective

The Story of an African King and His Friend

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, "This is good, Allah Almighty knows best"

One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb was blown off.

Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good! Allah Almighty knows best."

To which the King replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.

About a year later, the King was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of the village.

When the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

"You were right" the King said, "It was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this."

"No," his friend replied, "this is good...Allah Almighty knows best"

"What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

The King's friend replied: "Remember that the Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip."

"He knows what is before them and what is behind them: And to Allah go back all questions (for decision)"
Qur'an: Surah Al Hajj 22:76
Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome!

Almighty, the Most High is the All-Knowledgeable, the All-Knower...

He chooses to show us things... but sometimes... we are not shown the wisdom behind some things. When we are confronted by circumstances that are not very pleasing.... we are quick to say: "This is not good..." but... is it really? We might not know the purpose behind it. It might turn to be a good thing.... thus… when we are faced with any situation.... do not be too quick to judge... always remember.... this life is a test... the good and the bad.... and there is nothing that happens for no reason... our brains are just not gifted enough to understand these reasons yet. Sometimes ... things happen to us for a reason.

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohsin
11-12-2005, 11:37 PM
The Story of an African King and His Friend

(Author Unknown)

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he
grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation
that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking,
"This is good, Almighty knows best"

One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The
friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had
apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for
after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb
was blown off. Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual,
"This is good! Almighty knows best."

To which the King replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his
soldiers to put his friend into jail.About a year later, the King was
hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of.
Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied
his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the
stake.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King
was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who
was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of
the villageWhen the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the
event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of
his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

"You were right" the King said, "it was good that my thumb was blown
off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened.
" I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for
me to do this.""No," his friend replied, "this is good ... Almighty
knows best""What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good
that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

The King's friend replied: "Remember that the Almighty knows best and
if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you(on this hunting
trip)."

" He knows what is before them
And what is behind them:
And to Allah go back
All questions (for decision)"
Qur'an:Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome!

Almighty, the Most High, is the All-Knowledgable, the All-Knower... He
chooses to show us things... but sometimes... we are not shown the
wisdom behind somethings. When we are confronted by circumstances that
are not very pleasing.... we are quick to say: "This is not good..."
but... is it really? We might not know the purpose behind it. It might
turn to be a good thing.... thus.. .when we are faced with any
situation... do not be too quick to judge... always remember.... this
life is a test... the good and the bad.... and there is nothing that
happens for no reason... our brains are just not gifted enough to
understand these reasons yet. Sometimes ........ things happen to us
for a reason.

Protected_Diamond
11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

lol, i've already posted this up :eek:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...nows-best.html

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Halima
11-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Thread moved.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ferrari1981
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
A story that may uplift you and make you smile, you may not see the wisdom now, you may not see it next year, you may NEVER see it, but when you do see it, you will be like ahh, Alhamdulillah

- Everything happens for a reason -

A story is told about a King in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, "This is good, Allah Almighty knows best" One day the King and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the King. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the King fired it and his thumb was blown off. Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good! Allah Almighty knows best." To which the King replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.

About a year later, the King was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the King and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake. As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the King was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the King, they chased him out of the village.

When the King reached his Palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend.

"You were right" the King said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this." "No," his friend replied, "this is good...Allah Almighty knows best" "What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"

The King's friend replied: "Remember that the Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip."

"He knows what is before them And what is behind them: And to Allah go back All questions (for decision)" Qur'an:Surah Al Hajj 22:76

Do Not Judge Things or Events by its Immediate Outcome! Allah Almighty, the Most High, is the All-Knowledgable, the All-Knower... He chooses to show us things... but sometimes... we are not shown the wisdom behind somethings. When we are confronted by circumstances that are not very pleasing.... we are quick to say: "This is not good..." but... is it really? We might not know the purpose behind it. It might turn to be a good thing.... thus.. .when we are faced with any situation... do not be too quick to judge... always remember.... this life is a test... the good and the bad.... and there is nothing that happens for no reason...our brains are just not gifted enough to understand these reasons yet. Everything happens to us for a reason.

Count DeSheep
03-09-2007, 11:10 PM
:)

Good story, thanks for sharing. I think I'll go e-mail it to someone right now. =D

Malaikah
03-10-2007, 08:56 AM
:sl:

Wonderful moral, jazakallah khayr!

'Abd al-Baari
03-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Mashallah a nice story, Jazakallah for sharing

Snowflake
03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Superb! JazakAllahu Khairun for sharing. *reps*

youngsister
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
:sl: Wow good story, made me think! Jazakallah kheir for sharing it:):w:

SophiaCroft
03-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Someone I know had very bad experience but this story will surely help her understand Allah's Power of knowledge and wisdom. Jazakallah bro!

جوري
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I read a very similar story to this... same moral but not quite the same events...
was about a man who owned a beautiful horse that everyone in the village envied...the man was pious as he was chivalrous-- one day his horse left the stable, and was no where in sight though all in town looked for him... the people of the village were shocked and went to console the man about the loss of his beautiful horse.. The man said... this is Good and Thanked Allah... everyone in the village was stunned at why he wasn't even saddened by the loss of the most prized horse in their village?.....
a few weeks later the man's horse returned with a whole flock of wild Arabian horses... and everyone in the village was again shocked both by the man's wisdom and by the number of Arabian horses that were now his.....
the man didn't make haste being as excited as everyone and Thanked Allah and said G-D knows best if this is indeed a true blessing?.... the villagers of course made snide comments about how this man can have so much wealth and not appreciate it as he should....
One day the man's son went hunting using one of the new horses and he got injured severely, villagers had to bring him home and console the man on the serious condition of his son... retorting indeed you were wise... no one supposed that such a tragic event would happen to the man's son.... But the man Thanked his lord and said no this is good... Again everyone was stunned... how can this be good?.. your son is laying there near death, Don't you love your son? The man stated only Allah knows best.....
One day invaders came to the village and everyone came to the man to take his horses and fight the enemies... his son couldn't join them due to his condition and long convalescence... but during this war there were so many casualties.... many lost their sons...... but since the man's son was already badly wounded he remained behind and lived... then only did everyone in the village learn the true meaning of

لِكَيْلَا تَأْسَوْا عَلَى مَا فَاتَكُمْ وَلَا تَفْرَحُوا بِمَا آتَاكُمْ وَاللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ مُخْتَالٍ فَخُورٍ {23}
[Pickthal 57:23] That ye grieve not for the sake of that which hath escaped you, nor yet exult because of that which hath been given. Allah loveth not all prideful boasters,

:w:

Irfan's Wife
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Mashallah thanku for sharing it x:D

Maidah
03-10-2007, 09:20 PM
MashAllah great story and there is so much wisdom behind it. Hopefully everyone who read this will remember it whenever they come across any situation.:statisfie

Irfan's Wife
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Mashallah it is a good story

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.