/* */

PDA

View Full Version : X-Mas Sale

Z
11-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Peace and greetings everyone.

With Christmas coming just round the corner, what would you like to get your hands on this year?

I have a few things in mind. Hopefully I'll get to start the New Year with them. I'd be really cross if I don't!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
11-14-2005, 01:45 PM
:sl:
Muslims dont celebrate Christmas.:playing:

Peace!

- Qatada -
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM

Question

As-Salamu `Alaykum. Is it permissible for a Muslim family living in the States to celebrate Christmas, or to give Christmas gifts and receive them? Can they decorate the outside of their homes with lights and can they have a Christmas tree inside their homes? Where should they draw the line? What things are permissible and what are not during Christmas celebrations?

Wa`alaykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you very much for having keen interest in understading the teachings of Islam, and we implore Allah earnestly that all Muslims and Muslimahs follow suit.

In his response to the question, Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, former president of the Islamic Soceity of North America (ISNA), issues the following Fatwa:

“Muslims are not allowed to celebrate the holidays of other religions. Christmas is a Christian holiday. We should keep our Islamic identity and should not lose ourselves in other cultures and religions. We have nothing against people celebrating their own holidays, but why should we imitate them?

It is not allowed for Muslims to have Christmas trees in their homes, to have Christmas lights outside their homes and to exchange gifts with each other at this time.

However, you may wish happy holidays to your Christian friends, relatives or neighbors. If they give you gifts, you should thank them and accept them with cheer and should also remember them at the time of Islamic holidays. This year and for the coming two years we shall have Eidul-Fitr and Christmas around the same time. This should be a good opportunity to exchange gifts with our neighbors and co-workers. We should tell them something about the month of Ramadan and `Eids.”

You can also read:

Sharing non-Muslims Happy Occasions and Feasts

If you have any further comments, please don’t hesitate to write back!

May Allah guide you to the straight path, and guide you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

Allah Almighty knows best.

source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543102

Rabi'ya
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM

As a Muslim obviously I dont celebrate Christmas. However, I do tend to spend Christmas day with my family, as theya re non-Muslim. I see it as a time for meeting up with relatives who I dont see that often, enjoying a nice family meal and basically just enjoying a few adys of pure family time. My praents do get me presents and again I exchange gifts with them, not to celebrate Christmas but just to show my love to my family. Similarly I do this throughout the year - so dont noone have a go at me saying i am celebrating Christmas. This occassion has no significance in my life - its is purely a family tradition(my family isnt religious anyway)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Peace.

Ha!

Please, before you even post anymore Fatwa's for me to read, try understand what I'm trying to say.

What comes with Christmas brothers and sisters? Lights? (No, they offend us apparently - ha!) Snow? Not really. Santa? He's fake!

Yes, you guessed it. A Christmas sale! Come on, don't tell me you guys don't take advantage of this sale?

Rabi'ya
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh right - Z, seems we misunderstood u lol

DEfinitely gettign ready for the New Year Sales...they are the best. Queuing for hours to get my hands on the best bargains.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

baby_muslimah15
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Ohh yeah the sale.....Hmm, I might get another, hummer h2 remote truck, xbox 360, or sum more games 4 my gamecube....Salaamz

Ameeratul Layl
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Yes, you guessed it. A Christmas sale! Come on, don't tell me you guys don't take advantage of this sale?[/QUOTE]

:sl: As much as Id hate to admit...yes, I do!!
Well, mommy does....not me.:playing:

Allah ma3ak.

Z
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Peace.

It's a common thing, me being misunderstood.

So anyone know about any deals going on? In Dixons today I saw digital cameras £100 lower than retail price!

Ameeratul Layl
11-14-2005, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Peace.

It's a common thing, me being misunderstood.

So anyone know about any deals going on? In Dixons today I saw digital cameras £100 lower than retail price!

Id love to get my hands on a talking mirror....u know...like the one in snow white (*:giggling: *)

I dont go out shopping....so, I dont know about any deals.lol.:playing:

Muezzin
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Ah, the sales. I haven't been looking in the shops actually, but I will when I get some more time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Id love to get my hands on a talking mirror....u know...like the one in snow white (*:giggling: *)
Forget talking mirrors - I want a singing fish! The ones that sing 'Don't worry be happy'. Goodness me, that'd just make my day!

My year in fact!

I'm a simple creature.

S_87
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM

a new phone
clothes
perfumes
some kids toys.
some gift
and stuff for my bedroom iguess :-\

Ameeratul Layl
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Ah, the sales. I haven't been looking in the shops actually, but I will when I get some more time.

Forget talking mirrors - I want a singing fish! The ones that sing 'Don't worry be happy'. Goodness me, that'd just make my day!

My year in fact!

I'm a simple creature.
lol. My mommy ended up killing one of the three gold fish we had. I tried to resusitate it but I realised....u cant do that to fish. By the way, I used a straw...I didnt put my mouth to it. Oh....I buried the stinky little thing near the conservatory wndow.....lol.

So, the thought of a talking fish.....no thanks!!!
I dont think id have to wish for one....u neve know....the same one may just come back to haunt me....then id DEF. NOT need a talking one!!!!lol.

:playing: :playing: :playing:

Protected_Diamond
11-14-2005, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Peace.

Ha!

Please, before you even post anymore Fatwa's for me to read, try understand what I'm trying to say.

What comes with Christmas brothers and sisters? Lights? (No, they offend us apparently - ha!) Snow? Not really. Santa? He's fake!

Yes, you guessed it. A Christmas sale! Come on, don't tell me you guys don't take advantage of this sale?
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

lol, yeah the christmas sales is always something to look 4ward to lol insha Allah

mum tend's to go out and buy stuff, recentley i just can't be bothered shopping lol, i hate going to town :-\

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Bint-Al-Islam
11-20-2005, 07:18 AM
As-salam alekum wr wb..
Hmm i am too lazy to go to shopping but i go when am run of things...
But i am gonna try to buy New cell phone.. i just lost my new one the second week when i bought it.. I was crazy when i lost it.. Ohh well just gonna go and buy another one... this time i need to watch it...
anyways.........
walekum-salam wr wb..

minaz
11-21-2005, 09:53 PM
"all I want for Christmas is" less free posting!

TEH
11-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I have 9 modules in Jan, yep, this Christmas is gonna be merry indeed...

:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.