View Full Version : A wallpaper - Kinda

akulion
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
:sl:

How is everyone?

I hope you are all well insha'Allah

I just made this - its so new its not even on my site yet! lol
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

let me know what you think. One question on my mind "Do you think its Islamically Acceptable especially with the wings and all?"

Take care and be well everyone
Br Aku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-14-2005, 08:12 PM
wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

wow masha Allaah bro! that iz powerful.. i really dont know about your question, Allaah u a'lam. but it buildz up on the effect the image is tryin to create - i.e. that hell is an evil resort and paradise is calm, peaceful etc. subhan Allaah! keep up the good work bro :) insha Allaah.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Halima
11-14-2005, 08:12 PM

Wonderful and nice wallpaper! Honestly, I see nothing wrong with your wallpaper, infact it's very appropriate for Islamic standards hence there are no human figures or idols that contain any worshiping of some sort. So your all good! If your wallpaper contained images or idols then I would say that it's inapropriate for Islamic standards, otherwise it all good mashallah.:sister:

:w:

Samee
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Wow! Mashallah! What a nice wallpaper!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
11-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Jazak Allah khair - I am gona try and develop the concept into a flash movie - so pray I can make it successful - its a tough job, but lets see what comes up insha'Allah

WHITEMUSK
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
sal3m brother,

i think its a really good way to illustrate heaven and hell, on one hand you have peace and tranquility and on the other you have the dark side.

& i am amazed how the quote blends perfectly within each of its own side of the picture its very well done.

The wings, well i dont really know what theyre suppose to represent but for me..... what comes to mind is Angels..... they have wings or was that just the angel Jibra'eel?? and if they do there will be angels in heaven and hell. But feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

and if thats not what its suppose to be think of it like this.... it doesnt have a face on it, which i have been told are not acceptable on paintings or pictures.... but wings on their own are ok then?.

That would paint a clear picture for me so i think its cool.

walaykum sal3m.

- Qatada -
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
man i love your site bro! masha Allaah its got wkd flash in and everythin.. keep up the good work yeh!

may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala reward you for your hard work. may Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala send peace and blessings upon his beloved Rasool sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam, his beloved family and the muslim ummah. may we all enter jannah al firdaus. ameeen.

jazak Allaah khayr.. wa barak Allaah u feek.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Muhammad
11-14-2005, 08:28 PM

Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing that with us brother Akulion, and Alhamdulillah I am well... I hope I find you likewise Insha'Allaah :)

Masha'Allaah I think it is very well done and very attractive/eye-catching! As for any improvements that could be made, I think there might be a spelling mistake with Jahannum - as you have spelt it Jahanm. Secondly, you could also have a question mark after it, since it is a question.

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
One question on my mind "Do you think its Islamically Acceptable especially with the wings and all?"
The fire and the garden seem to give the picture of contrast quite well Masha'Allaah, but I didn't see the relevance of the wings.

I was thinking you could have a picture of the Qur'an in there instead, but to have it arranged like the wings might not be appropriate because of the fire - Allaahu A'lam, maybe I am just complicating things, but another idea might be the Sirat: the bridge that crosses over Hell.
A third idea is a tree, its branches that spread in 'Jannah' will be gold and brilliant, but the other side could be withered and thorny etc.... I like this idea the best :)

I hope that will be of help Insha'Allaah,

akulion
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Jazak Allah khair once again for all the kind comments (shy smiley here) lol

akhee the website will insha'Allah get even better cos I am working on some pretty unique things for people to enjoy. The problem which arises is - I have to do everything so you can imagine it can get ultra tough - esp if you check the "site news" page you will get an idea of how many things I am working on at the same time! (phew)

As for the wings...well the idea originated from a movie I saw on samsung phone (watch the movie on this link - and dont be alarmed when the windows pop up - thats all part of the movie - do not close them!)

http://www.dstrict.com/z107/index.html

The idea occured to me to make a flash movie in a similar fashion about heaven and hell. Atfirst I was going to use the same backgrounds as in the samsung movie. But then I remembered a director movie I composed in college in which a Phenoix decended from the skies and then the background grew dark and it spread its wings (with flame burning around it) and then the movie options appeared under its wings.

So my initial plan was that a creature would descend in the same manner (but u cant see any faces) and spread its wings..only on the left side (hell) his wing would be burned and only the skeleton would show and on the right would be his full wing..and the options would appear.

However I decided to make just the wings for now since the skeleton would take more work.

As for the spelling - bro lol I know its not correct...but to be honest to 'balance' the jannah and jahannum i had to cut it short to jahanm, thats all.

And I love your idea about the tree it sounds really great bro Mohammed! I think I might give that a go...and on the tree the fruits could serve as the "options" in the flash movie.

Only thing is - to be honest - I have no clue when I will have that ready or even if i will be able to manage esp with so much other work pllus preparations for GMAT soon! Eekk lol

Anyways thank you for all the wonderful suggestions bros and siss (roses for everyone)

Protected_Diamond
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

masha Allah that's really nice, i like the way you compared both heaven and hell together, it realy does make you think about where you going to go

May Allah s.w.a reward you for your hard work insha Allah

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Shadow
11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
there is a site on the bottom of tht picture

www.path-to-peace.com

it looks nice
:coolious:

akulion
11-14-2005, 09:14 PM
lol yea bro thats the site I run - thanks for the compliment

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2005, 09:23 PM

Mashallah well designed. I agree with brother Muhammed's comments tho. Dont see why the wings need to be there. Myabe just leave this as version #1 and create a version #2 with the suggestions?

ishkabab
11-14-2005, 09:27 PM
as long as it has no faces its all good...JazakAllah

Rabi'ya
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM

This is really nice mashAllah. I like the contrast between the two. It really highlights the differences and the ayah underneath reinforces that.

Rabi'ya:rose:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.